Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Volcott posted:

Nice try Peter molyneux.

I would die laughing if he was part of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Elderbean posted:

Another terrible looking RPG that's probably 100% 3D clipart.

Exzore: The Rising

You are making a big RPG, how the gently caress do you write this copy and not think "huh hold on this is a lovely loving plot and also it looks like it was written by a markov generator trained on cliches"

quote:

Damien Clive, the master Exzore has been betrayed by one of his own men, Devon Allmand. He gets stabbed twice by Devon himself in an ambush. He fails to save his king; to fulfil his primary duty as an Exzore Commander. Upon recovery, he emerges from the death bed and sets off on an adventure to reclaim his honour. He aims to take revenge on Devon and to retake the lost kingdom to hand it over to the rightful King. This is not a simple feat and Damien cannot do this alone! He has to find and regroup the banished Exzores and also get support from factions. During his adventure, he also uncovers the secrets of his ancestors to become a "Legendary Exzore".

That's our hero, ladies and gentlemen, and yes, he's a white dark-haired 30-something broody dad.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

quote:

Smart Characters and Enemies – Every character in the game has his/her own mind and will develop through the game. Everyone, right from common town folk to your greatest enemies will get smarter and stronger as you level up too.
Leave the starter town alone for a few in-game years and come back and all the NPCs have doctorates in obscure subjects.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Risks/obstacles: after creating hard AI in every NPC in the game, we can't stop them from committing suicide after 21ms when they realize the nature of their existence.

Except for one NPC who just stares at the camera no matter what we do.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I like how the best praise they could get from reviewers was "It kind of reminds me of The Witcher" and "it's basically a game."

Elderbean has a new favorite as of 17:03 on Aug 25, 2017

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

like it's good to see an effort towards tight focus in exactly one facet of it, but still funny that it's all pie-in-the-sky living, breathing world however when it comes to combat mechanics: "You can use a sword or a hammer."

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

""The large world of Eogaan* allures to be explored.

*actually a tiny island with 3 villages

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

BattleMaster posted:

The writing of Eogaan allures to be ignored.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Don't Ask posted:

Now on Kickstarter: A portable blinding cube! Blind your kids at home, blind your co-workers at the office! All your blinding needs in a portable, easy to carry cube form!

I guess it can also etch stuff as well?

Turns out this isn't just the worst possible idea, it's also likely illegal.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
:jerkbag:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

BattleMaster posted:

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012

Honest question: who thinks Zybourne Clock would have been a kickstarter if it'd happened this year?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If it even got past the planning phase, probably.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Like that ever stopped anyone before.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Exzore legit looks like a generic rpg parody you'd see copies of in a real game. Like Chuck Greene would be biffing copies of it at zombies or something.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Generic? You think their innovative design of non-magical devices identical in function to other games' magical artifacts is generic? Their faction system that probably came from GTA 2? Their watered down take on the crafting from Vagrant Story? Their unique telling of every single revenge/redemption story ever?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

8one6 posted:

Turns out this isn't just the worst possible idea, it's also likely illegal.
This is a cool blog, thanks for the link.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It just occurred to me that we live in a world where a well connected gang could hypothetically build laser weapons to blind and burn and while this is a terrifying idea it's also rad as hell. :hellyeah:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

super sweet best pal posted:

It just occurred to me that we live in a world where a well connected gang could hypothetically build laser weapons to blind and burn and while this is a terrifying idea it's also rad as hell. :hellyeah:

Don't they mostly prefer shooting and stabbing? I don't see any way that lasers are an upgrade.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Facebook Aunt posted:

Don't they mostly prefer shooting and stabbing? I don't see any way that lasers are an upgrade.

Stabbing takes so much effort, it's way easier and less stressful to just blind someone on the other side of the neighbourhood while you chill on your front porch. You can even grab a snack from the corner store as you make your way across town to rob your victim.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

super sweet best pal posted:

Worse than that, you live in a world where it's pretty trivial to build an automatic blinding weapon that a sufficiently malicious individual or group could set up and just leave somewhere to do its thing. It's not rad at all.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Just ask airplane pilots what they think of green lasers.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

gschmidl posted:

Just ask airplane pilots what they think of green lasers.

Sage wisdom.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Hey y'all this is BeastUK and today we're doing the Cubiio Challenge

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I'd more expect those crazy Ukrainian guys with the microwave.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The sky is grey inside a jail cell.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

you're referring to A2DP and you can only make a single connection at a time. Did you actually test it out or are you only basing on what you saw on your phone? My iPhone will do this too. It doesn't mean it actually works

As of now the only phone that can establish multiple bluetooth audio connections at once is the Samsung Galaxy S8 since it supports bluetooth 5. I think it's called "dual audio" mode

Late response, sorry - I've got the LG V20, which ostensibly supports A2DP. I'll have to test for sure once I get the thing fixed (tragic drowning accident involving a dish pit).

Henker
May 5, 2009

One of my coworkers was hawking his dumb kickstarter at work the other day. It's a $45 "travel" shirt made out of eucalyptus.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

quote:

Adam, our founder, even spent five days in a row wearing the Atlas Tee and working up an intense sweat with hour long HIIT and plyometric training sessions, tossing it over the back of a chair to dry then putting it back on and getting anyone willing to give it a whiff the chance to pass the smell test--the response we got the most...“it smells like a t-shirt”, which is a win in our book.

Can't imagine why someone might think a goon would be interested in a t-shirt that can be worn 5 days in a row without starting to stink.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Isn't this a thing that already exists for less money? I have a bunch of t-shirts and underpants that you can wash in the hostel sink and let dry overnight from my days as a cheap traveling young, and I doubt I paid the equivalent of $45 for them at the time.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
This one doesn't need to be washed!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqzLoXjFT34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2e1x5IaO7k

Go Smalt yourself.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

On the upside it looks like it's failing, so that's one less piece of pointless garbage in the world.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
They really missed the boat by not marketing it as a cocaine dispenser. Especially with the built-in boombox and light show, it's a party in a can!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Hey guys check out this cool fan goal.

quote:

2000 followers on our Twitter account and 250 Retweets on Kickstarter launch: We will reveal the Arch enemy of Damien.
Well I for one have no idea who that might be.

Somfin posted:

quote:

Damien Clive, the master Exzore has been betrayed by one of his own men, Devon Allmand. He gets stabbed twice by Devon himself in an ambush. He fails to save his king; to fulfil his primary duty as an Exzore Commander. Upon recovery, he emerges from the death bed and sets off on an adventure to reclaim his honour. He aims to take revenge on Devon and to retake the lost kingdom to hand it over to the rightful King. This is not a simple feat and Damien cannot do this alone! He has to find and regroup the banished Exzores and also get support from factions. During his adventure, he also uncovers the secrets of his ancestors to become a "Legendary Exzore".
Just... no idea at all.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

A few months back they had a standalone site up with a blog that was just vague home decoration advice on it.

Okua
Oct 30, 2016

The repeating piano loop was grating enough to distract me from the smalt itself.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Did you pay $300 for the promise of a set of earbuds to be delivered at some point in the future?

You dumbass.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/08/26/crowdfunding-disaster-silicon-valley-startup-takes-customers-money-shuts-down/

quote:

Music played through the earphones was supposed to change in pace and volume as the user’s heart raced during a workout.

Why would you want that to happen?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Phanatic posted:

Why would you want that to happen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjxr952u6kU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I don't know why you'd go to the trouble of putting that kind of detailed biofeedback tech into earbuds considering that anybody that serious about fitness and gadgets would probably already have a FitBit that could provide the heart rate info to the app that controls your music. You could even fake it pretty well just off of GPS and accelerometer..