Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam

vanisher posted:

words like fair and reasonable are fair and reasonable

I fixed your post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAB

man, remember when byob was cool? dang dude, those were the times.

deadly_pudding

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

AAB posted:

I'm gonna clean out my fridge after work. Wish me luck, byob

AAB

should clean out the work fridge too. would look much better on your end of year evals

Senior Management

E. Nevermind

Senior Management fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Dec 8, 2016

:jerry:

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

AAB posted:

*checks calendar*

*eyes narrow*

deadly_pudding

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

AAB posted:

should clean out the work fridge too. would look much better on your end of year evals

work fridge is already pretty clean. My home fridge is some kinda FEMA disaster zone, though.

Rushi

by Smythe

AAB posted:

i'm here to bring it back

except i have no idea what byob used to be like o:

Rushi fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Dec 8, 2016

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Beet Wagon

Hello, I find the color scheme of this forum very pleasing.

Palisader

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Beet Wagon posted:

Hello beet! Do you have any interesting hobbies or cool pets?

Ps beet has the coolest dog ever, just an FYI

Palisader

social vegan posted:

work xmas party this evening i'm going to eat and drink until someone else gets weirded out

Out work party is tomorrow, they're even shutting down the office for it. I've never worked some place where a work party isn't just "y'all can do a potluck if you like, I guess" so I'm p. excited

deadly_pudding

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
My office does a xmas lunch every year. This year it's on the 15th. We rent the function room at this Italian Restaurant called Otto Tomatto's, which sounds like a thing a child would say to try and bully an Italian kid. Anyway, it takes a good chunk of the afternoon and there's a prize lottery based on a ticket taped to the bottom of your chair, and everybody is too loagy and full of pasta after to get any work done :v:

Beet Wagon

Palisader posted:

Hello beet! Do you have any interesting hobbies or cool pets?

Ps beet has the coolest dog ever, just an FYI

Hello friend! I enjoy taking pictures of fishes and also putting sunglasses on my dog.

My work is doing their holiday party on Monday, which is cool because it's on another campus and that campus happens to be by my house and so usually I get to go eat free food and then just go home and have a nap.

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
does your dog have a prescription?

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
City of Glompton

hello beet wagon, welcome! we kindly request at least once (1) picture of the pupper before you may continue to post here.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

death sext

With sunglasses! Maybe. If you want. I'm just an ideas person.

Manifisto

I'm gonna add that we may need to see some fish pictures, especially if said fish are in any way cute or goofy

ty nesamdoom!

Palisader

Speaking of fish, check out this thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3798305&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

SHY NUDIST GRRL

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

My hat just disappeared on me at the bus station and I'm rocking a 0% win rate at hearthstone today. And I still have my entire shift ahead if me. Ugh.
:negative:

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Dec 8, 2016

alnilam

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

My hat just disappeared on me at the bus station

*sitting at the bus station, watches in horror as someone's hat fades out of existence right there on their head*

SHY NUDIST GRRL

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The durability ran out

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Shbobdb posted:

http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1016953-du-jour-doughnuts

Use that, double the sugar and adjust butter/fat as necessary and add 1+1 to the mass of retarded sourdough you have in the fridge. Let it rise a little longer.

If you don't keep a mass of retarded sourdough in the fridge, fix that since it is delicious.

i have four different sourdough starters in the fridge and i am about to make some seriously good doughnuts. thank you!

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.

hamjobs posted:

i have four different sourdough starters in the fridge and i am about to make some seriously good doughnuts. thank you!

four? :psyduck:

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

i'm a crazy bread lady. some people have a lot of cats, i have a lot of wee beasties making babies in jars in my fridge so i can eat them.

POOL IS CLOSED

hamjobs posted:

i'm a crazy bread lady. some people have a lot of cats, i have a lot of wee beasties making babies in jars in my fridge so i can eat them.

i have one on my desk, sometimes i crack the lid to let the yeast parps out. i had two due to that spontaneous yeast IED i made last week but thankfully a big batch o bread cleared that right up

are the starters in different media, like rye, stiff starter, and so on?

sometimes i think about starting a fermentation megathread in gws since most of the germ-y stuff either vanishes in pickling & canning or doesn't quite fit the homebrew thread, but not too many posters seem interested in maintaining longer-term preservation systems that are more like having pets or livestock.

StandardVC10

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I'm probably going to start making Christmas cookies today.

Rushi

by Smythe

StandardVC10 posted:

I'm probably going to start making Christmas cookies today.

What shapes?

deadly_pudding

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
oooo I should make christmas cookies. We only have one cookie cutter, but it is a good one. It's a lobster-shaped cutter from the first time my girlfriend and I went to Maine during the summer.

Manifisto

deadly_pudding posted:

oooo I should make christmas cookies. We only have one cookie cutter, but it is a good one. It's a lobster-shaped cutter from the first time my girlfriend and I went to Maine during the summer.

Vynar agrees!

ty nesamdoom!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

i have one on my desk, sometimes i crack the lid to let the yeast parps out. i had two due to that spontaneous yeast IED i made last week but thankfully a big batch o bread cleared that right up

are the starters in different media, like rye, stiff starter, and so on?

sometimes i think about starting a fermentation megathread in gws since most of the germ-y stuff either vanishes in pickling & canning or doesn't quite fit the homebrew thread, but not too many posters seem interested in maintaining longer-term preservation systems that are more like having pets or livestock.

four different media--i have a rye starter, a traditional stiff starter, a potato and rice starter that i'm limping along and a dark wheat starter. i'm gonna split them out today for making dough today so i can bake bread tomorrow (and make doughnuts omfg).

deadly_pudding

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'm also trying to decide how much :effort: I want to put into the lights. We decided we wanna get some christmas lights for the living room, and I'm either just gonna drape them over curtain rods and couches, or I'm gonna have to install a bunch of hooks near the ceiling.

POOL IS CLOSED

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm also trying to decide how much :effort: I want to put into the lights. We decided we wanna get some christmas lights for the living room, and I'm either just gonna drape them over curtain rods and couches, or I'm gonna have to install a bunch of hooks near the ceiling.

an arrangement with hooks sounds like it'd be real nice! and then you could re-use it whenever you want to fabulously light your living room :3:

hamjobs posted:

four different media--i have a rye starter, a traditional stiff starter, a potato and rice starter that i'm limping along and a dark wheat starter. i'm gonna split them out today for making dough today so i can bake bread tomorrow (and make doughnuts omfg).

hmm sourtater bread...

i was kinda wondering if i could make sourdough pierogis but that might be a derail for the fine dining thread!

FluffieDuckie

:siren: beet wagon :siren:

we are still waiting for dog in sunglass pictures

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

FluffieDuckie posted:

:siren: beet wagon :siren:

we are still waiting for dog in sunglass pictures

this is my motivator/reward to go to oakland and deal with life today. please post the good dogge.

FluffieDuckie

also at the risk of overusing the siren smilie

:siren: 2 more days until the bss drop dead ship date :siren:

hurry hurry

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

vanisher

Beet Wagon posted:

Welcome Beet Wagon! I like your username

Wouldn't it be great if all the moderators posted in BYOB like it was some awesome vacation getaway

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

vanisher

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

My hat just disappeared on me at the bus station and I'm rocking a 0% win rate at hearthstone today. And I still have my entire shift ahead if me. Ugh.
:negative:

I could play you and you could stomp my desk with the new ruleset taking out the older cards (I haven't played in a while)

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

FluffieDuckie posted:

also at the risk of overusing the siren smilie

:siren: 2 more days until the bss drop dead ship date :siren:

hurry hurry

i didn't get anyone a gift aside from the gift of season's greetings for this yuletide

merry yule y'all

hi how are you ♥

SHY NUDIST GRRL

vanisher posted:

I could play you and you could stomp my desk with the new ruleset taking out the older cards (I haven't played in a while)

Yeah but those older cards are over powered and my sense of honor dictates I play against you in wild mode so you dont have to use a basic deck

Despite losing my dad's gift from his Ireland trip I am the least miserable person here at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POOL IS CLOSED

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Yeah but those older cards are over powered and my sense of honor dictates I play against you in wild mode so you dont have to use a basic deck

Despite losing my dad's gift from his Ireland trip I am the least miserable person here at work.

:( i hope your hat turns up. one time i thought i lost a hat but i found it tangled up in my jacket. maybe that will happen for you.