Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Romancing SaGa soft launch in Canada, Italy and SIngapore!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Gonna try Shop Titans because friends are playing it. Any spots left in the Goon guild?

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Gonna try Shop Titans because friends are playing it. Any spots left in the Goon guild?

Yes, we have one open in Awful Artists

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

Is it :filez: to say where to get the APK for this? If not, I'll be gald to say.

:siren: MAKE SURE YOU SAY NO WHEN THE ADVERTISING POPUP POPS UP! :siren:

Here's the Play, Roll, Reroll guide:
* Skip the Tutorial (there's literally no reason to do this, as you're forced to do a summon that gives you Hector and makes you add him to your party. Skipping the tutorial just puts him in your party)
* Go to Presents, and claim Gerard, Sif, Jewels, and Expedition Ticket (or claim all. It doesn't matter)
* Go to Edit > Edit Parties, and set your Party to: Polka, Gerard, Liza, Sif, Hector
* Tap Quests. Tap the Skip button in the top right corner for any Story Quests, and use Full-Power AUTO in battle for Battle Quests
* Play to 1-1-7. Disable AUTO before you defeat the last enemy
* Finishing 1-1-7 will unlock the Monster-Filled Training Cave, and take you to it
* Complete the Monster-Filled Training Cave Level 1
* Tap Back, then Main to get back to the Story
* Play to 1-1-9 on Normal AUTO, and disable it before you defeat the last enemy of wave 2. Use your built up BP/OD to take down the Evil Ogre Boss. Expect the Evil Ogre to kill a pary member or two. Not that it matters
* Almost done! Only 2 more actual battles! Play to 1-2-2 to unlock Expedition Mode, using Full-Power AUTO again
* Expeditions are now unlocked! The game forces you into the Expedition screen
* You need to do 2 of them to get enough Jewels to roll, so tap on The Caves, select the 5 party members you're using, tap Begin, then tap Return Instantly, and use an Expedition Ticket to instantly end it. Do this twice
* Tap the Menu icon in the bottom right corner, then tap the Quests icon in the bottom right
* Play to 1-2-5. 1-2-3 and 1-2-5 are Story Quests, so you only have to fight in 1-2-4. Be sure to use Full-Power AUTO to make it go quicker!
* Tap the Menu button in the bottom right corner, then the Dojo button.
* Tap the Enhance Styles button, and use all Style XP to level up at least one A rank character's Style to Lv 15. Just press and hold the Enhnace Style button to spend all XP, then swipe to the next character to do it again
* Go to Menu > Summon > Platinum, and do the Daily Free Summon
* Tap Menu > Home, and claim all Summon Tickets/Jewels from Missions and Start Dash
* This should put you at 2,970 Jewels. To hit 3,000, you can either run one more stage or play the ads-roulette (Shop > Jewel Shop > Free Jewel Roulette). You'll have 6 tries to get 30 Jewels. It should only take one or two tries. (It took me 3 while writing this up... :geno:)
* Summon Time! Go to Menu > Summon, and swipe to the Platinum Ticket Summon. Tap 5x Summon to spend 25 Tickets, then spend the other 15 on the 1x Summon.
* Go to the regular Platinum Summon, do the 10x for 3,000 Jewels, and see if you need to reroll

The following SS Units are the ones to shoot for. Any 2 of them will be fine:
Gustav
Cat
Blue
Azami
Kaiser
Albert
Ginny
Ellen
Charl
Urpina
Thomas
Wil
AWE
Robin (Fake)
Terry
Emerald
Aisha
Mikhail
Barbara
Gray
Katarina

If you want to reroll, you can either clear the app data, or if you have a file explorer installed, you can do the following:
No Root
* Go to Internal Memory > Android > Data
* Find the folder named com.square_enix.android_googleplay.RSRSWW
* Rename the folder (I just append .back to the end of it)
* Clear the App Data (through Settings > Apps or long press on the game icon if your launcher supports that)
* Rename the folder back to com.square_enix.android_googleplay.RSRSWW
* Relaunch the game, and start all over!

Root
* Go to data/data/com.square_enix.android_googleplay.RSRSWW/files
* You should have a file named PlayerPrefs in there. For some, it's PlayerPrefs.txt and for others it's PlayerPrefs_production_cbt_gl.txt
* Whichever it is, delete it
* Relaunch the game, and start all over!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

In other news, it seems that Sentinels of the Multiverse is currently free

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.handelabra.Sentinels

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I decided not to reroll on SaGa and instead I'm using a team of mostly low-rarity characters. I got Silver Guella-Ha, so I'm all set.

Edit: Just redoing the same stage over and over to get SS Rouge to drop.

mishon
Jul 19, 2004
Floccinaucinihilipilification
Just started in Shop Titans, is there any room in the goon guilds?

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

mishon posted:

Just started in Shop Titans, is there any room in the goon guilds?

We've still got one open in Awful Artists. We can also kick a pubbie if we get full - he's useless and not donating anyway.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kheldarn posted:

Is it :filez: to say where to get the APK for this? If not, I'll be gald to say.

Would be weird if so. On iOS soft launch people just swap their iTunes country or log in to an account made for the country itself since there isn't actually a geolock.

How long does that reroll process take?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
It took me about 25-30 mins because I was doing other stuff but I pulled a SS Charl and called it a day. You get a decent amount of S and SS dudes early on that I didn't feel that compelled to try again. I've been able to pull 10 packs twice since then just doing story stuff yesterday so those first few pulls are pretty quick to achieve. That's been enough to get a full SS tier squad together already.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'm still trying to get SS Rouge to drop. In the meantime though Volcano just fireballs everything to death.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Planescape: Torment is 50% off 💀

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Arms_Akimbo posted:

For anybody who likes Hungry Cat Picross, they just added a random puzzle mode with some kind of loot crate progression

whereabouts do you access that from?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

quite stretched out posted:

whereabouts do you access that from?

From the Play button. Picromania at the bottom below Frescoes.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
weird, mine still just has classic paintings, "play a randomly selected painting" as a small icon next to it, tuesday seasons and frescoes

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm still trying to get SS Rouge to drop. In the meantime though Volcano just fireballs everything to death.

Been looking over and pressing replay on that stage for the last two hours B). That boy will be mine. Thankfully due to how styles work I got A Rogue in my team grinding for him so when I finally do get him he'll have decent stats and XP.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

quite stretched out posted:

weird, mine still just has classic paintings, "play a randomly selected painting" as a small icon next to it, tuesday seasons and frescoes

You're way behind on versions. The current screen is classic, past weekly puzzles, frescos, and picromania.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Been looking over and pressing replay on that stage for the last two hours B). That boy will be mine. Thankfully due to how styles work I got A Rogue in my team grinding for him so when I finally do get him he'll have decent stats and XP.

Yeah, I decided to move on ahead to unlock the training mannequins to get more puzzle pieces before going back to the Rouge grind.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

TK_421 posted:

We've still got one open in Awful Artists. We can also kick a pubbie if we get full - he's useless and not donating anyway.

I got to level 25 to join the guild but it's full.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

MonsieurChoc posted:

I got to level 25 to join the guild but it's full.

There's a spot in Goonswarm+ that's available if you want to play with us!

edit: should be open to all right now but post your account name if you want an invite

staplegun fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 20, 2020

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

staplegun posted:

There's a spot in Goonswarm+ that's available if you want to play with us!

edit: should be open to all right now but post your account name if you want an invite

I'm MonsieurChoc.

Edit: Joined the guild. I'm mostly gonna play "at work" (working from home is great).

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jun 20, 2020

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm MonsieurChoc.

Edit: Joined the guild. I'm mostly gonna play "at work" (working from home is great).

In any case, don't worry about how much you're contributing or anything*, it's very laid back. Only thing is that I might remove people that have been idle for a week when we're at capacity just so it'll free up a spot.

*but you should definitely invest in buildings when you can

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

staplegun posted:

In any case, don't worry about how much you're contributing or anything*, it's very laid back. Only thing is that I might remove people that have been idle for a week when we're at capacity just so it'll free up a spot.

*but you should definitely invest in buildings when you can

I invest for the sweet guild coins, but right now I'm saving up to hire the new workers I couldn't hire before.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

MonsieurChoc posted:

It's alright, but it's not breaking any new ground. Very much the usual gacha grind, levelling dudes and items, level breaking them, rinse and repeat. The gacha seems very middle of the road, though the freebies were generous. Very much not a game to dump real money into, the prices for paid currency are yucky and they have already had a premium only banner if that's a deal-breaker. The biggest appeal to me so far is all the numbers on the character sheets but I'm not sure that's enough to keep me playing long term.

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Put me down for a spot in a shop titans guild?

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Arms_Akimbo posted:

You're way behind on versions. The current screen is classic, past weekly puzzles, frescos, and picromania.

yeah i guess it just took a while for them to get it updated for the note8 or something. either way its there now but ive not really touched it, ive loved randomised modes in other picross apps ive played but for some reason it doesnt appeal to me in this one, i guess its just missing the charm of hte pictures haha

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Baddog posted:

Put me down for a spot in a shop titans guild?

Sure, could you post your player ID? I'll just remove one of the idle pubbies I haven't removed already because they have a couple of investments into buildings.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

staplegun posted:

Sure, could you post your player ID? I'll just remove one of the idle pubbies I haven't removed already because they have a couple of investments into buildings.

Good deal, it's badblue

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Baddog posted:

Good deal, it's badblue

invite sent to #badblue59908, accidentally didn't upgrade town hall after moving the pubby so it said we were full up for the first invite. Should be good to go now

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

OG Shop Titans guild Awful Artists just upgraded our town hall and have room for one more.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Romancing SaGa is now actually up.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Got some sales going on!

Ticket To Ride: $2.79
Ticket To Ride First Journey: $0.99
The Room 2: $0.99
The Room 3: $1.99
The Room Old Sins: $1.99
Kingdom Rush Origins: $0.99
Kingdom Rush Frontiers: $0.99
Kingdom Rush Vengeance: $2.99
Carcassonne: $2.49
Double Dragon Trilogy: $0.99
Ys Chronicles 1: $1.99
Ys Chronicles 2: $1.99
Talisman: $1.99
Talisman Origins: $1.99

lags
Jan 3, 2004

Might as well shop titans ... lags#76883

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bruceski posted:

Romancing SaGa is now actually up.

So between sideloading+rerolling during soft launch, and using the Tickets we got for Full Launch, I've ended up with a team of Gray, Urpina, Robin (Fat Fake) Sophia, and Blue, all SS of course. And I have , Hector, Gerard, and Katarina SS in the wings if I need them.

From what I understand, that's a pretty good start. Now I just have to level up Urpina, Robin (Fake), and Blue.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I'm looking for a decent game to spend some survey bux on, was wondering if anything had come out recently that fit the bill? Ive got some good games already like 80 Days and Monument Valley 1/2, but there could also be older ones I've missed.

Preferably not tower defense games, as I'm bad at them and not a fan of roguelikes where there's no progression between sessions (so, like, upgrading between runs I like, but if I play for an hour and lose and have nothing to show for it, I don't really find myself coming back to it). Also the reason I'm not a fan of TD games, come to think of it.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Does FFT on mobile ever go on sale? Is there a way to track that like a slickdeals but for android games?

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

lags posted:

We filled our spot just before you posted! You can see if the other guild has room, or we might be able to kick one of our low-contribution pubbies.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kheldarn posted:

So between sideloading+rerolling during soft launch, and using the Tickets we got for Full Launch, I've ended up with a team of Gray, Urpina, Robin (Fat Fake) Sophia, and Blue, all SS of course. And I have , Hector, Gerard, and Katarina SS in the wings if I need them.

From what I understand, that's a pretty good start. Now I just have to level up Urpina, Robin (Fake), and Blue.

I rerolled a couple of times, ended up with Azami(?), katalina, Gerard as my SS units and decided to hold my crystals for now. Toss in the freebies and the team is more than good enough. Need to farm rogue, though, and alkaiser if he’s farmable.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Does FFT on mobile ever go on sale? Is there a way to track that like a slickdeals but for android games?

Seems to be less frequent then the mainline titles, but I have seen it for 70% off before. Don't know any sale trackers though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

lags posted:

Sure, gonna send off an invite

edit: don't actually remember if the person I removed was a pubby or a goon I forgot to assign roles for, but they were idle for longer than 8 days so I figure it's all good.

staplegun fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jun 26, 2020