Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008
This month's Blacklist Fantasy Series 1 excuses are out:

quote:

Hello adventurers!

We’re sorry it’s taken a while for us to return with another update regarding the fulfillment for US/CA/ROW, but while we'd been hoping to have something new or informative to announce after the last update, the wheels are still in motion. But, we're here today with an additional announcement.

This project’s fulfillment has been a disappointing experience for all of us, and while we know we've previously apologized for the repeat delays 2021 brought, we want to further express our apology to our backers with the following:
Free Lasting Tales Rulebook PDF for ALL Fantasy Series 1 Backers

We’ve recently announced on the Lasting Tales Kickstarter that the Lasting Tales core book is complete, and we are working on the next steps to get it to the printer. We’re also working on getting it uploaded to a service so we can distribute it to eligible backers there.

Now, to reward all of you, our Fantasy Series 1 backers, for your incredible patience over the last year as you suffered through various regional delays (some longer than others), we’ve decided to give you all a PDF copy of the Lasting Tales rulebook. For our friends in US/CA/ROW, we know it’s been difficult seeing the rest of the world enjoying the set, so we hope knowing you’ll have an entire game available to use the miniatures upon their arrival will help make this final leg of the journey a bit more tolerable. For all our other backers who have been enjoying their minis, we hope this gives you new ways of playing with them!
Click here for more details on what you'll find inside your copy of Lasting Tales

We hope to have the PDF ready to distribute within the next 2 weeks, and it will be sent to the email address we have on file for your pledge. We’ll post a new update at that time to let you know you should check your inboxes.

No Book Refunds Past Distribution of PDF

Due to the above, please note that once we send out the PDFs to you, we will not be able to refund any copies of the Lasting Tales core rulebook you might have pledged for in the Lasting Tales Kickstarter. This is because at that point, all Lasting Tales core rulebook backers will also be receiving their redemption codes and we won’t be able to modify orders containing the books. Thank you for keeping this in mind.

--
Follow Blacklist Games

Keep up to date with all our ongoing and future projects via blacklistgamesllc.com/follow!
Help

Need help with a pledge? Have a question? Visit blacklistgamesllc.com/help

--

That’s it for this update, but we’ll be back the moment we have a status change to share with you all! Thanks again for your ongoing patience, everyone!

Except they didn't even bother with the excuses this time.

Note that last month they said:

quote:

QML has confirmed that they have received the financial portion from us and we will need to provide them with a new backer data export to ensure they have the most up-to-date backer data possible (more on this below). Once this is done, we'll update you once we know what the scheduling is. We’ll then provide you all with updated timelines, as mentioned in previous updates, and things should move quickly once this is done as all the items needed are ready and waiting in the local fulfillment warehouse.

I hope to be back with another update in the next week or so to provide you with more specific dates regarding the commencement of fulfillment and estimated completion times!

Absolutely no reasons given for the delay, or any details at all. I already backed Lasting Tales, like a fool, so the free PDF doesn't do much for me. Good push to request some refunds, though, not that I expect to get them.

Arcsech fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I dunno, I really think I'm hosed with them. That's like 4 KS campaigns (and I bought doubles of the minis), and 3 pre-orders (Buddy Cop, Contra, Street Masters: something or other bonus content on Indiegogo).
Comments said they got sued recently by Cards Against Humanity for a couple hundred thousand dollars for unpaid debts related to storage and shipping of previous campaigns.

By "they," I really mean Alex Lim, who I think is the only employee left and is somehow "managing" all this by himself. The Sadler bros and Scottie Mick noped outta here and are trying to lay low. It was especially insulting for the Sadler brothers to do a few live streams where they were dismissing any criticism and at the same time pleading ignorance of any shipping concerns as they had legally separated themselves from "management" who they never named.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Mar 30, 2022

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"If we send you the digital version you can't get a refund of the physical" lololilololool that's not how that works

What you are telling your backers is to ask for a full refund NOW, and gently caress the poor schmucks who don't read updates and will either not get their copies or receive it insanely delayed.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Looks like someone's trying to bring back the old Chronopia miniatures game:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chronopia/chronopia

Looks cool, but as is the case with almost any kickstarter not put out by a reputable company (and this appears to be, like.... one dude???? I don't know what's going on) I will pick it up if it ever makes it to retail

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Arcsech posted:

This month's Blacklist Fantasy Series 1 excuses are out:

Note that last month they said:

Absolutely no reasons given for the delay, or any details at all. I already backed Lasting Tales, like a fool, so the free PDF doesn't do much for me. Good push to request some refunds, though, not that I expect to get them.

I don't understand what went wrong with Fantasy Series 1, I received mine months ago. Did they not manufacture it all at the same time or what?

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.
They mysteriously didn't have the money to pay the US fulfillment company and the minis have been sitting at the QML warehouse for months. Then they allegedly got a cash injection from an investor, which I'm sure definitely didn't just go to settling with CAH's fulfillment company for... not paying their bills with them.

PurplPenisEata
Jul 21, 2004
I WANT TO BLOW DOUCHEBAG CHEFS

Buck Wildman posted:

dungeon degenerates out for delivery and I'm super stoked

My shipping label is printed. It may even get here by my birthday!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

DressCodeBlue posted:

They mysteriously didn't have the money to pay the US fulfillment company and the minis have been sitting at the QML warehouse for months. Then they allegedly got a cash injection from an investor, which I'm sure definitely didn't just go to settling with CAH's fulfillment company for... not paying their bills with them.

They're Madoffing all the fulfillment companies :lol:

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

lol i backed the blacklist miniatures when i was first getting into tabletop gaming in 2019 and i forgot about that. doubt i ever see them, but i don't really want them at this point anyway.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ovb/league-of-dungeoneers/description just funded and i'm looking forward to getting that.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sorcerytcg/sorcery-contested-realm-tcg also spending a lot on this sorcery game. hopefully that actually fulfills on some sort of schedule since it's just cards?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

jarofpiss posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sorcerytcg/sorcery-contested-realm-tcg also spending a lot on this sorcery game. hopefully that actually fulfills

Edited your post down to the relevant parts.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Arcsech posted:

This month's Blacklist Fantasy Series 1 excuses are out

Oh boy, I backed through GameFound after the campaign, so not only do I not have my miniatures, I also don't even get the pity PDF either. What a bang up job, thanks guys, appreciate it. :jerkbag:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reaperbones5/bones-6-tales-from-the-green-griffin

Bones 6 is up. No waves this time and only two pledge options

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
I have plenty of unpainted minis from the first 3 waves. I was still considering backing this one but $125 plus shipping buy in for what is going to be mostly more unpainted plastic is too much for me.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
What is even left for Reaper to convert to Bones?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Bucnasti posted:

The rest of people's money?

Ohthehugemanatee
Oct 18, 2005

Bucnasti posted:

Reaper's catalogue is nuts in a delightful way. I never would have gone out and bought a turtle paladin, axolotl adventurers or the original demogorgon, but they all showed up with Bones 5 and it rules to be able to just reach over into a box and pull out something unusual to paint.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Aniodia posted:

Oh boy, I backed through GameFound after the campaign, so not only do I not have my miniatures, I also don't even get the pity PDF either. What a bang up job, thanks guys, appreciate it. :jerkbag:
Not like this is good news for you at all because the whole thing is a major shitshow that I have no confidence in, but there was a remark that the Gamefound backers would also get a PDF.
Even if you don't get it, I can totally spot you a copy of mine cuz gently caress em.

Better news for at least one of their campaigns (that reached US shores in QML warehouses already, not the ones in China):

Hour of Need
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blacklistgames/hour-of-need/posts/3469627

quote:

Heroes, we’re back with a new Hour of Need update!

We’ve got great news: while we originally thought fulfillment for this project would continue only after our Fantasy Series 1 project completed its fulfillment (as reported last time), we’ve been made aware that fulfillment for Hour of Need will be starting worldwide in the next couple of weeks. QML has the updated data from us and they have completed the preliminary steps to get it ready to start shipping. You should see posts about it soon on the QML social media channels. You can find them on Twitter @QMLogistics and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/QMLogistics

Very soon you should start to see comments from your fellow backers that they’ve begun receiving their address verification emails for the UK, AU/NZ, and US/CA, with tracking emails from all fulfillment hubs to follow shortly after.
I think I'm actually going to get at least one of my unfulfilled products from them.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Jedit posted:

Edited your post down to the relevant parts.

i'm still going to spend infinite money on it because of the art. i know frazetta girls will license his stuff to literally anyone, but with jeff easley and doug kovacs and dan seagrave and just this insane stable of fantasy artists i'm going to buy it all. i also like that the artists will be able to sell prints and playmats and whatever themselves.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

JazzFlight posted:

Not like this is good news for you at all because the whole thing is a major shitshow that I have no confidence in, but there was a remark that the Gamefound backers would also get a PDF.
Even if you don't get it, I can totally spot you a copy of mine cuz gently caress em.

Honestly, I bought in because I was hoping to get some neat minis for my old HeroQuest board. Appreciate the offer, though.

Meanwhile, not only did Hasbro/Avalon Hill start their campaign for a rerelease after the Blacklist campaign already ended, they not only released it, but also released the Commander of the Realm Knights expansion (which I managed to grab from a release over on Big Bad Toy Store months after the fact, and at only double MSRP instead of hundreds from scalpers). There's also apparently plans to rework Frozen Horror and Against the Ogre Hordes as well, and maybe even more after that.

At this point, I don't even know what I'd be using the minis for.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/25thCG/status/1509356630365847559

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
https://twitter.com/meeplestokens/status/1509423143613513729?s=21

Modern board gamers.txt

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Bucnasti posted:

Afaik a lot of the recent kickstarters have not been strictly conversions of metals to bones, but newly designed stuff or redesigns of older sculpts.

Like this one, a lot of the sculpts look very much like they're completely digitally sculpted from the get-go.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Apr 1, 2022

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

PandemicBoardGamers.rtf

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
I backed that Blacklist 1 stuff and also haven't received anything and figure I probably never will

Refunds aren't possible someone said though, huh?

Edit: Ehhh I'll probably just wait and see anyway, it's Kickstarter and I knew what I was getting into

BaronVanAwesome fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 1, 2022

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I know Mutants in the Now was brought up here and is apparently a goon favorite, but their latest update just leaves a bad taste in my mouth:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arbco/mutants-in-the-now-a-modern-mutant-animal-zine-rpg/posts/3463489

Basically, the author has been updating the pdf over and over past the printed edition (which I only received a few months ago), enough to brand the digital version the "revised edition."
The errata pdf is 6 pages long of tiny text. Why should I even look at my print copy now, knowing there's a ton wrong with it? Just makes me not want to back anything (at least physical) by them again.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

JazzFlight posted:

I know Mutants in the Now was brought up here and is apparently a goon favorite, but their latest update just leaves a bad taste in my mouth:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arbco/mutants-in-the-now-a-modern-mutant-animal-zine-rpg/posts/3463489

Basically, the author has been updating the pdf over and over past the printed edition (which I only received a few months ago), enough to brand the digital version the "revised edition."
The errata pdf is 6 pages long of tiny text. Why should I even look at my print copy now, knowing there's a ton wrong with it? Just makes me not want to back anything (at least physical) by them again.

I’m very confused by this take (I don’t know the game in question that well though). A designer continuing to update the game and make it better is a good thing, IMO. and an errata page I can print out and stick in my book is perfect. I have plenty of RPG books like this already, from official D&D rulebooks to Monster of the Week to little Kickstarter things.

It doesn’t make the print copy useless. It just means I’m using it with an additional document which is extremely common for lots of books in all kinds of writing.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Arivia posted:

I’m very confused by this take (I don’t know the game in question that well though). A designer continuing to update the game and make it better is a good thing, IMO. and an errata page I can print out and stick in my book is perfect. I have plenty of RPG books like this already, from official D&D rulebooks to Monster of the Week to little Kickstarter things.

It doesn’t make the print copy useless. It just means I’m using it with an additional document which is extremely common for lots of books in all kinds of writing.
I dunno, it just seems like a LOT of revisions, like maybe they should have held back for some more playtesting before going "okay, let's print this." It's not an errata page, it's 6 errata pages.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

JazzFlight posted:

I dunno, it just seems like a LOT of revisions, like maybe they should have held back for some more playtesting before going "okay, let's print this." It's not an errata page, it's 6 errata pages.

Your biggest amount of play testing is always when you release something for public consumption. No matter the game people always find more stuff when they get to actually play with it themselves.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

JazzFlight posted:

ARBCo went through like 5 or 6 playtest revisions before finalizing the print edition, he definitely did not skimp on trying to catch everything.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

JazzFlight posted:

If your Kickstarter is a year old and you've already had to label the digital edition a revised edition, I agree, that's not a good look.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Dark Quarter, a game seemingly made for me (1980s New Orleans, magic) launches on April 12th.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

CitizenKeen posted:

If your Kickstarter is a year old and you've already had to label the digital edition a revised edition, I agree, that's not a good look.

It makes perfect sense looking at the kickstarter update, there’s a new print run coming and some very clear communication about the different printings.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

Arivia posted:

It makes perfect sense looking at the kickstarter update, there’s a new print run coming and some very clear communication about the different printings.

I didn't say it doesn't make sense, I said it's not a good look.

Edit: Like, reading that post, if I had bought the physical edition and received it in the last couple months, I'd be pretty frustrated.

CitizenKeen fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 3, 2022

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
You're not wrong to feel this way. There's a definite amount of heartbreak when I look at something that either isn't working or it's causing confusion, and I'm inclined to fix it rather than forget it, but that draws attention to it and I know that's never going to look great. I had three playtest groups (two internal, one external), as well as more recent games run for a future podcast. I got tons and tons of feedback from dozens of folks, had two passes with an editor, and practically lived inside this text. But things change with a wider audience. I had a mean playtest group that tried to break things all over (which was great), but it's not the same.

This isn't that unusual; if you look at the errata for much, much larger publishers than I am with much more time and money for editing and playtesting, you'll find comparable lists on their first printing. (This is true even for folks working with a well-established systems; some post-D&D d20 games have massive lists of fixes.) But they rarely draw attention to it, so it feels different. That isn't to use that as an excuse--both they and I could do better--but an explanation. But I felt it would be dishonest to just quietly make zero distinctions between the printings, as is the norm.

Subsequent expansions will be better for these fixes, not running into clarity issues between things like "fight" and "combat", for example. That's a slight change, as most people understand the two to be synonymous, but when going out to translation or doing an open system, you don't want small problems to result in big confusion when extrapolated elsewhere, or if you're having a secondary writer working off the core material. And since I'm going into translation now, and potentially am hiring a writer now, I don't get a second shot at it. And, of course, I don't want to hold off on anybody else than my backers getting these fixes first!

But there's no way to keep it from being an inconvenience, and I apologize for that. I'm looking to make sure these issues are minimized in the future, and this is a big part of doing so.

If you have any suggestions or requests, you're free to reach out to me via DM or just speak openly. I'll do what I can to make things right.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Apr 3, 2022

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I don't buy physical books anymore (mainly to reduce clutter), but I guess this is an advantage of going strictly digital now that I had never realized.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
It's definitely something I don't want to make a habit of. I'd rather just write cool new material!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Look 18xx Nerds

A new 18xx

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1840vienna/1888-north-china

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

I hope I'm an 18xx nerd. I'll find out when Shikoku shows up.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

CitizenKeen posted:

I hope I'm an 18xx nerd. I'll find out when Shikoku shows up.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nothing overly amazing launching this week

That said, keep an eye on whatever the hell this is going to be from Cyanide & Happiness
https://gamefound.com/projects/draft/wqfm8isonpdchzq0bb1hrsgok5s

And if for nothing else Ajisai looks very pretty, and you should take a look at it.
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/344447/ajisai

Other than that there's a bunch of relaunches and games that were meant to have launched previously.

Next week should be big:
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/332614/paradox-initiative
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/354768/dark-quarter
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/347935/far-cry-beyond

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Apr 4, 2022