Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
I can't stop seeing Walt going nuts with a mop and broom in the top poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

Mustach posted:

Edgy opinion time: Aaron Paul was better on Breaking Bad than Cranston.

Here is an amazing cast in a movie I never heard of:

Matthau and Pryor would fit right in in the Nymphomaniac poster.

It also took me a while to realize that was Walter Matthau and not Rick Moranis.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

amusinginquiry posted:

Matthau and Pryor would fit right in in the Nymphomaniac poster.

Goddamnit, now I can't unsee it. :cripes:

I'm so close to trying to Photoshop that so I can throw that image back to you.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Ez posted:

Oh my god I have to see this movie right loving now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1Y7ODRjzCM
I don't know if this is the right poster for it but I want this poster so much

The new Apes movie poster when timg'd looks like "Dawn! Planet! Apes!"

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 19, 2013

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

effectual posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1Y7ODRjzCM
I don't know if this is the right poster for it but I want this poster so much

The new Apes movie poster when timg'd looks like "Dawn! Planet! Apes!"

It's not but that poster is gorgeous. Everyone should watch Godzilla Final Wars, it is an absolute joy.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
That poster is all kinds of incredible.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Jedit posted:

I don't know about that, I think he's the weakest link in the Breaking Bad cast by a long way. (I'm only near the end of S2, so please no "He's really great when he does X in S4".)

I'll admit that he takes some time to come into his own, but by the time season 5B/6/The Final Season rolls around he's easily the second best actor in the cast, and only a hair below Cranston.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Aaron Paul has always been great in Breaking Bad. I don't know where the not love came from, but man, I've enjoyed him consistently. Easily my favorite character in the show. Looking forward to Need for Speed. Just for him. I don't even care if he's just playing Pinkman 2.0. It's very much worth watching.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

I love Breaking Bad and I think Aaron Paul is tremendously talented, but I honestly didn't care for some of his choices in Season 5B.

Not to get too off-topic, though, I'll post a poster. This one, for Godzilla 2014 (starring Bryan Cranston!), is just gorgeous:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Vagabundo posted:

Oh for gently caress's sake, we just went through one derail not one page ago.

Oh god it's supposed to be the cover of Need for Speed: The Run

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
To provide a bit of content, because apparently this thread needs it, here's the promo poster for Day of the Doctor, which I'm gonna be honest was one of only two cinematic experiences I was anticipating this year. There's a lot of slightly different versions, so I'm just going to post the only one that I know was used.

I think it's pretty strong for what it's trying to do, until you start looking closely at the 'John Hurt walking away from an explosion' part. All of the background is clearly hand-drawn in a way that clashes with everything else, and is mostly just a bunch of stuff crammed in to make nerds drool. It's mostly designed to make you go 'hey, you remember this stuff? It's all there and that's awesome, but that falls apart with John Hurt too, since the whole point leading into it was that we didn't know him, leading into Day of the Doctor he was a mystery.

Also, while he's just fine in motion, I don't think it's possible to have a still of John Hurt where he doesn't just look like a slightly lost, doddering old man.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just going to change this post into a cross-quote because this is an excellent poster post

Steve Yun posted:

Let's show some appreciation for the guy who painted most of the awesome Godzilla posters, Noriyoshi Ohrai. He is something like Japan's equivalent of Drew Struzan (although his compositions are usually a lot busier than Struzan). He also did lots of Star Wars and Metal Gear posters.

http://www.google.com/search?q=ohra...biw=907&bih=564

Godzilla is always angry as gently caress, usually shot from below to emphasize his size, and there was usually some sort of pyramid composition of subjects with radial lines emanating from them. Always with some super colorful lighting.

edit: also, his artwork lends a lot of dignity and legitimacy to some goofy-rear end monsters that don't deserve it

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Dec 19, 2013

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
You can find most of those on amazon, but not that Biollante one :(

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Cleretic posted:

To provide a bit of content, because apparently this thread needs it,

I don't think we need you being a smug cock.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I was just cleaning out my apartment and found these -- I should really get them framed:

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Oh yeah, I've got mine framed up and lookin' good - they're pretty awesome.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
One thing we can probably all agree on: Aaron Paul getting more opportunities to get paid and do cool poo poo out of Breaking Bad is a good thing.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

morestuff posted:

I was just cleaning out my apartment and found these -- I should really get them framed:

I had to keep checking your username because I've seen those at Hewlett's place. I was having some weirdness there.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Hewlett posted:

Oh yeah, I've got mine framed up and lookin' good - they're pretty awesome.

Was that a custom job? The dimensions don't look standard.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
The worst poster in 1991 was a John Hughes movie involving a kid and James Belushi.

So is the worst poster of 1992 another John Hughes poster involving a kid

Another poster containing James Belushi

Or is it this Steve Martin movie I only remember because it seemed like it appeared on every VHS tape I owned as a kid?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Yikes. Jim Belushi kissing is just...wrong. Ugh.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

The worst poster in 1991 was a John Hughes movie involving a kid and James Belushi.

So is the worst poster of 1992 another John Hughes poster involving a kid

Or is it this Steve Martin movie I only remember because it seemed like it appeared on every VHS tape I owned as a kid?

Yeah, both of those other posters are pretty awesome when compared to James Belushi getting steamy.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I really want him to move over to our left. If it wasn't for all that pointless negative space, that could be a decent poster. (For what will no doubt be a terrible movie, even though it's such a basic idea where they could totally make a watchable action movie out of it.)

Cleretic posted:

To provide a bit of content, because apparently this thread needs it, here's the promo poster for Day of the Doctor, which I'm gonna be honest was one of only two cinematic experiences I was anticipating this year. There's a lot of slightly different versions, so I'm just going to post the only one that I know was used.

I hate Doctor Who and I think this is a pretty good poster. Only part that clashes for me in the Hurt background is the stark lettering of BAD WOLF.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

morestuff posted:

Was that a custom job? The dimensions don't look standard.

Yeah, ashamedly they cost me more than I probably should have spent but the end result is pretty great.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Hewlett posted:

Yeah, ashamedly they cost me more than I probably should have spent but the end result is pretty great.

Yeah, that's what stopped me before. I need a guy who knows a guy.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

kiimo posted:

Yikes. Jim Belushi kissing is just...wrong. Ugh.

James Belushi's continued existence is wrong.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Vagabundo posted:

James Belushi's continued existence is wrong.

He's one of those actors when I think about into people getting famous when they shouldn't have, he's near the top. I can understand dolts like Dane Cook, Pauly Shore, Carrot Top and Larry the Cable Guy. People thought they were funny. James Belushi wasn't funny. One could say it's last name recognition, who his brother was, but that certainly never helped say Chris Farley's brother as much.

Think of some of his roles. Everything from About Last Night, Red Heat, Curly Sue, even Mr. Destiny (terrible poster, solid cast). There are so many better actors they could have chosen that would have made these movies better JUST by taking out James Belushi. But there he was, getting leading roles and supporting roles despite little ability and from what I can see, little charisma. Clearly he had some high level friends but I'd rather watch Tom Arnold than James Belushi and that's saying a lot.

Plus I love David Cross talking about why he hates James Belushi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh8U7eZg_Zk

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Here is Mondo's poster (and variant) for Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, for which they are holding a 20-year anniversary (:psyduck: holy poo poo) screening of on January 7th:

Hopefully it doesn't sell out, I think it's quite nice.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

I'd rather watch Tom Arnold than James Belushi and that's saying a lot.

Hey come on, at least Tom Arnold was mildly amusing in True Lies as Arnie's goofy but nevertheless competent sidekick.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Red_Museum posted:

I'm guessing this is pretty much everyone in the film

Holy poo poo, they turned Ralph Fiennes into Kevin Spacey!

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

GonSmithe posted:

Here is Mondo's poster (and variant) for Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, for which they are holding a 20-year anniversary (:psyduck: holy poo poo) screening of on January 7th:

I hope this doesn't start a derail, but I really, really like this Mondo poster. Someone alert the media, mark your calendars, etc.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

GonSmithe posted:

this will sell out twice as hard as mondos usually do. A shame, since this one actually owns

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

GonSmithe posted:

Oh my I want those soooooo badly.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
The red one is a little hard on my eyes but the one on the right is really nice. If I had seen that Batman special and liked it a lot, I'd totally order it.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
I do like those art deco buildings, but not as much as the original.

Anyone got a larger version of this one?

Could have been worse, though.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I don't like the character callouts. Remove those, pull the title down a bit and it's ten times better.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Darthemed posted:

:effort:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Darthemed posted:

I wanna punch that typography in the dick.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Darthemed posted:

I do like those art deco buildings, but not as much as the original.

Anyone got a larger version of this one?

The Mondo one as a variant works because it actually fits into the aesthtic and tone of the film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giga Pet giveaway
Jun 28, 2008

You're Not Welcome?

Something about this makes me uncomfortable.