Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morby
Sep 6, 2007

pixaal posted:

Screen protector is kind of overrated if you are careful with your devices, I had one lying around since release and only just installed it. The glass one is really nice looking and looks just as good as the actual screen. Case is going to be useful if you plan on taking it out of the house. If you are going to dock it take it to the bathroom take it to bed, not so much.

Pro Controller is nice, but joy con in each hand resting comfortable on each leg is really nice too. I'd go with a Pro over a second joy con set though so you have options solo and so do your guests.

Don't get a charge grip, if it's like the one that came with the console it makes the most uncomfortable controller ever conceived and where I think all the joycon hate comes from.

I'm kinda clumsy, so I think I'll go ahead and grab a glass screen like you suggested. The Pro controller seems pretty popular, so I'll probably grab it eventually. Thanks for the feedback.

Is there anyway to check when Amazon gets the Switch back in stock? All I see thus far are scalper prices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

pixaal posted:

Don't get a charge grip, if it's like the one that came with the console it makes the most uncomfortable controller ever conceived and where I think all the joycon hate comes from.

The JoyCon grip sucks but moreover, there is absolutely no reason to have a dedicated device to charge these things. They have absolutely astounding battery life. After more than a few 20+ hour Zelda marathon weekends all I had to do was dock them Sunday night and they were back to capacity come Monday morning.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Paying the extra $10 for Rime so Nintendo can take its rightful number 2 spot at Sony's side so the platform is viewed as viable by 3rd parties.

I do this for you, Nintendo fans.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Hey dude who was looking for a switch, if you still need one, coworker's brother had one he was trying to sling on e-bay and it fell through. Can put you in touch with the dude if you want. Shoot me a PM.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Meridian posted:

Hey dude who was looking for a switch, if you still need one, coworker's brother had one he was trying to sling on e-bay and it fell through. Can put you in touch with the dude if you want. Shoot me a PM.

Thanks for looking out, but I'll be paying with Amazon bux.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
The joycons are too tiny for my mighty sausage hands but I find the Grip comfortable enough that I don't feel the need for a Pro controller yet. Thought I'd get an extra pair of joycons just to be able to 4 player.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

s.i.r.e. posted:

So Vanquish is being released in two weeks on Steam, maybe there's a chance for a Switch port?

What the hell are you smoking

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

bef posted:

Hope.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

You're one letter off on that.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Is the Nintendo Switch bad yet?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Kirios posted:

Sonic isn't out yet, so no.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kirios posted:

It needed to be good in order to become bad.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I'm glad nintendo didn't make a virtual boy ds or some poo poo and made the switch instead

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Kirios posted:

The Nintendo Switch... It's so bad.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

bef posted:

Just throwing poo poo at the wall, you never know. Either way I'll be playing that dope rear end game on my pc. :smug:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

bef posted:

If the 360 can run it, the Switch can, too.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its good

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I've missed a couple days but RiME will be $30 digital and $40 physical

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I can't wait for Spec Ops: The Line on Nintendo Switch

I can get my soul crushed anytime, anywhere!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Meridian posted:

If nobody else has, given that other poster is using Amazon credit, I'm looking for one...

(PM me if nobody else has jumped on it)

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Macarius Wrench posted:

Remember when people thought the virtual boy would be big

Virtual Boy is big, it just happens to be 20 years after release when people see it in my apartment and say "Holy poo poo you have a Virtual Boy?"

Then I let them play Mario Tennis for a few minutes before they go blind.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm​so sad I sold my virtual boy.

Golf and Mario Tennis were awesome for the six minutes you could play them before you got eye cramps and a splitting headache.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Macarius Wrench posted:

Remember when people thought the virtual boy would be big

No because no one did that was part of the problem

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I'm​so sad I sold my virtual boy.

Golf and Mario Tennis were awesome for the six minutes you could play them before you got eye cramps and a splitting headache.

I haven't used mine in a while because I never got the A/C adapter and I don't really want to blow 8 AA batteries on 1.5 hours of Mario Tennis.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Beastie posted:

I haven't used mine in a while because I never got the A/C adapter and I don't really want to blow 8 AA batteries on 1.5 hours of Mario Tennis.

Modern AA batteries should last longer than the stuff that was out when Virtual Boy came out.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I want to watch someone do a speedrun of a Virtual Boy at AGDQ or something like that, just to see how he/she looks coming out of that visor at the end of it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Kirios posted:

I want to watch someone do a speedrun of a Virtual Boy at AGDQ or something like that, just to see how he/she looks coming out of that visor at the end of it.

Is there even a way to get video output for the stream?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

pixaal posted:

Is there even a way to get video output for the stream?

You can hack VGA out on it.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Zombies Ate Me Neighbors would be so great on Switch.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Kinda sucks that KOF 98 on Switch isn't Ulitmate Match; really awesome that Garou is coming to the eShop though.

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

MK8D cheated on me big time just now. Going for three stars in Special Cup. Final lap, I'm in sight of my 60 points and I have three mushrooms and a red shell. Just about to start blasting the mushrooms and I get lightninged, then red shelled. 4th place.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kirios posted:

It's terrible!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

wait

some people are saying its good

some people are saying its bad

is it...mediocre?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

MK8D cheated on me big time just now. Going for three stars in Special Cup. Final lap, I'm in sight of my 60 points and I have three mushrooms and a red shell. Just about to start blasting the mushrooms and I get lightninged, then red shelled. 4th place.

That's odd, usually lightning destroys projectiles on the field. But yeah it's always been as much bigger problem than spiny shells for me because it takes out my means to protect myself. But I swear I've seen red shells and spinies coming up on me in the past, then been lightninged and they disappeared.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The only person who actually would enjoy owning a Switch is that one goon who keeps posting that he can't find one.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

the true versatility of the switch is that it can *click* switch between a good and bad console at all times, truly making it four consoles in one

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
i will buy minecraft for the first time ever tomorrow and play it whilst i poop on my dumb gay dead nintendo switch video game system

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

TheScott2K posted:

There are just so many fewer people interested in strapping a thing to their face to play games than there are people interested in sitting on their couch with a gamepad, still able to talk to their spouse/friends/half-watch a show on their phone. The hardware will get cheap, but the costs of creating the content, which isn't going to be usable outside VR and work completely differently than non-VR games, won't.

The whole thing is going to quietly settle into a sim racing/spaceships niche for turbo nerds and kitschy mall kiosk poo poo for everyone else.

I laughed at all the people convinced that VR was the next evolution of gaming instead of a niche product.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
my switch... is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

i will buy minecraft for the first time ever tomorrow and play it whilst i poop on my dumb gay dead nintendo switch video game system

Have fun, Minecraft is one of my favorite games of all time. So many good gaming moments and memories

• Locked thread