Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Mayor Dave posted:

Donziger got 6 months in real jail for contempt of court lmfao, guess it doesn't pay to win a lawsuit against Chevron

https://twitter.com/SDonziger/status/1444013420857204737?s=19

Vaguely aware of this story, had to look it up to see which third world dictatorship it was taking place in.

Oh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its like a pace salsa commercial

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Jel Shaker posted:

it’s probably because they couldn’t get away with murdering him right now, so that’s some progress for society!

He's in for contempt of court for not giving up all the comms logs, personal info, etc. of his clients. I assume they ordered it for the purpose of sending them all some nice Christmas cards.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

RIP Syndrome posted:

Hey Bernie, we fixed it
lol i love catching up with this thread

RIP Syndrome posted:

Cool. So the cloud layer breakdown forecast by the way too pessimist, probably bad new models that was maybe, possibly happening next century in an absolute worst-case scenario:

- Is real
- Started happening in earnest a couple of years ago

lmao
lmao wait i want off again

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Mr. Dome's wild ride

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
if you want off, you're not broken enough

work on it

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
"Not content with exterminating all other life, man set his sights on the enemy which had weightlessly taunted him from afar his whole existence...clouds."

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
"After this I'll destroy the sun!" the mad ape contentedly thought to itself.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Car Hater posted:

its important to have goals

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

I can see dead people

I can see dead civilisations

I can see dead species(plural)

I can see dead biospheres

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Car Hater posted:

if at first you don’t succeed …

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

figure 1.1: the human race as it is projected to look by the year 2080

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
they're going to take away your whip its

https://twitter.com/PaulEDawson/status/1444097297910992897

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Hey, I'm all for dying high.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

bag em and tag em posted:

Attacked and dethroned

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I forgot that at the end of every Pace commercial they have to murder someone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmhgtBA16aA

:rip: cookie

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
It doesn't seem that bad yet, I saw some skinks while walking to get a coffee this morning.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

lol

lmao

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

where is this happening specifically?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Koirhor posted:

where is this happening specifically?

Earth

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

So the phosphate business shutting down is fine right

Seem to recall this being important for some reason

https://www.wisfarmer.com/story/news/2021/09/28/china-halts-phosphate-exports-fertilizer-prices-expected-soar/5907300001/

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Blockade posted:

So the phosphate business shutting down is fine right

Seem to recall this being important for some reason

https://www.wisfarmer.com/story/news/2021/09/28/china-halts-phosphate-exports-fertilizer-prices-expected-soar/5907300001/

It's probably fine

Loki Kunti
Mar 31, 2010

The Protagonist posted:

It's probably fine

"It was not fine..."

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

There'll probably be enough phosphate on the market for the first world to fertilize its number at the expense of definitely nobody important unless other governments commit Blasphemy Against the Free Market for some completely unforeseeable reason.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
china is going to destroy the usa

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Stereotype posted:

china is going to destroy the usa

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
Can someone relink that DoD thing with Australia that says that it's all hosed?

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Nope. No Nitrous, no erections. THIS SHALL NOT STAND!

Oh wait, that's Nitric oxide. I suck at physiology. Carry on.

Basic Poster posted:

Can someone relink that DoD thing with Australia that says that it's all hosed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOmdkN6MOwU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

starkebn posted:

It doesn't seem that bad yet, I saw some skinks while walking to get a coffee this morning.

All my garden skinks are MIA this year. being skinkless stinks :(

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Hexigrammus posted:

Nope. No Nitrous, no erections. THIS SHALL NOT STAND!

Oh wait, that's Nitric oxide. I suck at physiology. Carry on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOmdkN6MOwU

pretty funny but the solution is a bit lame

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Opening bets in how long before Rapacity is accused of being my D&D parachute. :munch:

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
I’m just pissed off, depressed and in disbelief that even people who are supposedly aware of the problems think we can geoscape, carbon capture or any other magic our way out of this poo poo.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Rapacity posted:

I’m just pissed off, depressed and in disbelief that even people who are supposedly aware of the problems think we can geoscape, carbon capture or any other magic our way out of this poo poo.

Ah I see the problem.

In fantasy we like to view humans as like elves or well humans. Basically we're either very wise or very generic adaptable yadda yadda boring.

If you merely switch you understanding to we are actually goblins everything now suddenly makes sense

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

we are the mold on the bread better get used to it lol

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rapacity posted:

the earth won't be unlivable venus scenario no matter what. technology will save all of the privileged people quite easily.

some people just assume they will be the ones living in the techno-dome rather than the ones dying from drought

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Rutibex posted:

the earth won't be unlivable venus scenario no matter what. technology will save all of the privileged people quite easily.

some people just assume they will be the ones living in the techno-dome rather than the ones dying from drought

technology ain't gonna do poo poo

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Rutibex posted:

lol

lmao

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
I care less about the “domes” or whatever weird techno fantasies you have than I care about the fact that our natural world is already immeasurably poorer than it was even when I was born less than 50 years ago. Millions of years of diversity and interdependence crushed into the polluted dirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Rapacity posted:

I care less about the “domes” or whatever weird techno fantasies you have than I care about the fact that our natural world is already immeasurably poorer than it was even when I was born less than 50 years ago. Millions of years of diversity and interdependence crushed into the polluted dirt.

haha owned. get wrecked earth