Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

jhcain posted:

Really? My automatic wagon is the heaviest of the bunch, and a 4 second blast to 60 feels pretty fast to me. I've found that any modern car, with the windows up and AC on, just doesn't feel that fast until you look down and see just how fast you're going. My old Dodge feels and sounds fast, but most certainly would get dusted by the Wagon. I think. I guess I've never tried them head to head... Hmm.

To be fair new cars have so much sound insulation and most ride so smooth that even 100 mph doesn't feel fast. poo poo even in the old M5 or 928 cruising at 100 is comfortable, quiet and something you could do all day. Do that in something older or less of a luxury car and 100 can be a rush.

I really should do a 928 to M5 head to head...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Witness me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L67BiENzYs

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I want another 30 minute video going into detail on all the "extras" they flashed through at the end.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I want all of those 1/10 scale models :allears:

I would sell my soul and everything I own for a beautifully done Razor Cola model.

e: also, just caught this:

Paging 14 Inch...

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Sep 22, 2015

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

corn in the fridge posted:

Anyway as to not poo poo this thread up this just showed up out the blue

Sometimes it occurs to me that I will never, ever be able to experience one of these and it makes me very sad.

Also I watched way too much 007 growing up so I still aspire to own an Aston some day. Maybe a decade old Vantage in 10 years. :smith:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

T1g4h posted:

I want all of those 1/10 scale models :allears:

I would sell my soul and everything I own for a beautifully done Razor Cola model.

e: also, just caught this:

Paging 14 Inch...

OH poo poo!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Powershift posted:

OH poo poo!

You know what you must do :getin:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

Sometimes it occurs to me that I will never, ever be able to experience one of these and it makes me very sad.

Also I watched way too much 007 growing up so I still aspire to own an Aston some day. Maybe a decade old Vantage in 10 years. :smith:

DB7s can be had pretty cheap these days. Yeah yeah, they're just gussied up Fords. Still says Aston Martin on the lid though.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

88h88 posted:

My parents had one of these when I was a real small kid. Fiat Strada.

Apparently it was awful but I always remember the door handles because they were weird and circular in nature.

Also to this day I love those wheels.

I used to have this Mk1 Polo, with a screaming 60 hp 1.1 liter engine:

Super fun to beat on, surprisingly fast and those big rear end Hella lights were amazing during the winter. It got stolen and ruined and the insurance company wouldn't repair it so they sent it to the wrecker. RIP.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Linedance posted:

DB7s can be had pretty cheap these days. Yeah yeah, they're just gussied up Fords. Still says Aston Martin on the lid though.
I'm in the states, so any AM is rare. I'm lucky enough to live near a dealer, so I do get to see the occasional DB9/DBS. The one time I went into the showroom to gawk, the guy there kept trying to sell me a Jag.

My old commute took me through San Francisco, where I'd occasionally see a DB9 with a ridiculous chrome wrap - never got stuck alongside it long enough to get a picture, sadly.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I'm in the states, so any AM is rare. I'm lucky enough to live near a dealer, so I do get to see the occasional DB9/DBS. The one time I went into the showroom to gawk, the guy there kept trying to sell me a Jag.

My old commute took me through San Francisco, where I'd occasionally see a DB9 with a ridiculous chrome wrap - never got stuck alongside it long enough to get a picture, sadly.

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=A...ston+martin+db7

Plus one on autotrader.com.

Should be able to get one for 30-35k. Certainly not chump change, and no benefit of 0 down 0% for 72 months, but within the realms of "one day".

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

They built THREE complete War Rigs.

Holy gently caress.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Powershift posted:

OH poo poo!

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø
I wanna see more shots of the scene where the big foot did that massive jump and nearly flipped cause i just realized people were hanging on to the side of it while it did that.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

The Blu-Ray disc has hours of extras including a lot of stunt work. I highly recommend it.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Gotta go with with the real thing.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

corn in the fridge posted:

Anyway as to not poo poo this thread up this just showed up out the blue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6_083S-CyA

Made me think of this video, had to go watch it again. It makes probably one of the best noises I've ever heard. Some people dream of old ferraris, I dream of old astons. :swoon:

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Preoptopus posted:

I wanna see more shots of the scene where the big foot did that massive jump and nearly flipped cause i just realized people were hanging on to the side of it while it did that.

Rubber people, not real ones.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

PuntCuncher posted:

Rubber people, not real ones.

Well thats that solved then. Nothing to see here, moving along..

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Linedance posted:

Jaguars. The early ones had a supercharged 3.2L AJ6.

Edit- no idea how the awful app did that. Sorry for the weird double-single post.

drgitlin fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Sep 23, 2015

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Right now the stick shift V8 Vantage is less than $100k brand new. That's like a well optioned Escalade. It's probably more attainable than you think.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
What market segment percentage considers less than $100k as their attainable mark

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

14 INCH DICK posted:

What market segment percentage considers less than $100k as their attainable mark

Come on, that's only $480 bi-weekly over 96 months at 0% interest.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

14 INCH DICK posted:

A Maserati Gran Turismo is a $130k car, they are $50k cars the day the 4 year warranty ends. $50k is what people drop on half ton trucks these days. Wait 4 years and I think you'll find the $100k British car to be attainable.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009

Throatwarbler posted:

A Maserati Gran Turismo is a $130k car, they are $50k cars the day the 4 year warranty ends. $50k is what people drop on half ton trucks these days. Wait 4 years and I think you'll find the $100k British car to be attainable.
Let's all meet up back here in a few years and discuss what kinds of $500+ deferred maintenance items we're replacing on our Vantages.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
World time attack is next month and some pretty ridiculous stuff is going to be there:

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
I am greatly saddened every year around wtac time that the garage revolution rx7 isn't in it anymore :(

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Never stop posting amazing time attack stuff man. Those cars are always impressive and awesome :allears:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I popped a little wood when I scrolled to that brake. Jaysus.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Let's all meet up back here in a few years and discuss what kinds of $500+ deferred maintenance items we're replacing on our Vantages.

Leaking shock absorbers!!! :v:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

14 INCH DICK posted:

The employed?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Bape Culture posted:

The employed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h45WnW0ASFY

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

One weird trick to get cheap replacement rear lights for your XJ220.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

jamal posted:

World time attack is next month and some pretty ridiculous stuff is going to be there:

Tell me/show me more about this tube frame 924/44.

e: Wait, with the shape of the rear windows... 968?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Collateral Damage posted:

It also leads to really terrible ebay taillights ending up on XJ220s.

JDM euro tails, bro.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

:perfect:

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Collateral Damage posted:

IIRC it was at one point cheaper to buy a replacement headlight housing through Lamborghini for a Diablo than it was through Nissan for a 300ZX.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

angryhampster posted:

IIRC it was at one point cheaper to buy a replacement headlight housing through Lamborghini for a Diablo than it was through Nissan for a 300ZX.
Try this on for size:
944 s2/turbo fog light assembly

:gonk:

But get this: That's a really cheap price for them! You'd be paying £300+ from Porsche...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Linedance posted:

I saw a DB7 the other day and it was glorious.