Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/p_kouhou/status/1120989517681311744

About 30 minutes to the public free stream. Paying Japanese users have a stream starting now. They are blatantly mentioning some characters so yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I would save money, there are a few large unavoidable expenses.

Kaptain
Oct 5, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJzcSKyCzZs

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The info is out. The girl is a new playable character. New social links. New areas. A whole new chapter to play through. It's pretty much a remix of the whole game like Golden.

Comes out October in Japan.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Could it be... a remaster with a new girlfriend? :nyoron:

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

OMG playable as in the protagonist?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

No US release until 2020.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Shy posted:

OMG playable as in the protagonist?

It looks like she's just an additional party member

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Can't believe those maniacs are actually gonna make me run through mementos again on a non mobile console. That's cruel

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Zelder posted:

Can't believe those maniacs are actually gonna make me run through mementos again on a non mobile console. That's cruel

Maybe they'll fix i--hahahahahahahahahaha

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If you're playing Persona 5 for the first time, finish it.

If you're thinking about a NG+, just wait.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Zelder posted:

Hell, same

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

I thought I didn't need this having finished the game twice but looking at that trailer I... I think I do actually need this.

More precisely I need Makoto going full Kenshiro

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I recently restarted the game after playing halfway through, looks like i’ll be putting it on hold. Wonderful game, l don’t want it to end but don’t want to play it often either, for me it’s a definite wait a year.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Graphics look a bit improved too, wonder if they could push more out of it now that they dropped PS3 support.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I just went back to my Persona 3 playthrough which I hadn't touched in about a year so this is the perfect timing for me to get hyped about this

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Harlock posted:

The info is out. The girl is a new playable character. New social links. New areas. A whole new chapter to play through. It's pretty much a remix of the whole game like Golden.

Comes out October in Japan.

Did they change Haru joining the team so late she barely matters? I mean, I guess extending the playtime a bit helps a little, but...

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
gently caress yes Makoto of the North Star

Hopefully the addition of more time/areas will give me the ability to give a drat about Haru.

Also I was wondering why Joker had a grappling hook in Smash since I couldn't remember him having one in P5, but then this trailer comes in to say "motherfucker you'll grapple so much Batman will be surprised"

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
drat shame they didnt remove Yusuke from the game but oh well no game is perfect

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
The first place I saw the trailer was Youtube recommending it to me about 20 minutes after it went public. Sometimes the Algorithm does its job frighteningly well.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
That Haru + Morgana combo attack. Are we getting like, Chrono Trigger-esque team attacks?

Also lol @ the grappling hook. I thought that was an odd thing in Joker's Smash kit since I don't remember that really being anything in Persona 5, but it made sense to give him one. But then there it is all over the place in that P5R trailer.

The new girl looks like she attacks extremely similar to Joker, and her regular outfit and Persona outfit look really similar as well. I'm gonna make the bold prediction that she's gonna be a Joker echo in Smash that they were holding off on releasing for tomorrow's announcement

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Macaluso posted:

That Haru + Morgana combo attack. Are we getting like, Chrono Trigger-esque team attacks?

P4G had tag team attacks that triggered randomly, wonder if it will be like that or something you can manually perform

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Macaluso posted:

Probably. P4 Golden got 1 per party member which were cool.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!
There’s already one too many party members/dungeons and more women than men, but good job on getting one more waifu in there Atlus.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
New character looks like a mary sue for people mad that they gotta play as a boy, hard pass

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

New character looks like a mary sue for people mad that they gotta play as a boy, hard pass

You don't play as her though? :confused:

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

P4G had tag team attacks that triggered randomly, wonder if it will be like that or something you can manually perform

So did #FE. They unlocked after story events where two characters did something (usually a concert) together. Haru & Morgana would make sense if that were the case here too.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
After a lot of complaining online about Persona 5 I will probably buy Persona 5 Royale with Cheese

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

We are getting more info next month on P5R. Some of the scenes being shown off on Twitter seem radically different than what happens in the actual game. Curious how it's going to change the fundamental story.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Harlock posted:

Curious how it's going to change the fundamental story.

Well one of the big things people have taken notice of is human Morgana??

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Maybe something will actually happen in Hawaii

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Macaluso posted:

broke: human morgana, woke: catboy morgana

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

After a lot of complaining online about Persona 5 I will probably buy Persona 5 Royale with Cheese

I will probably buy the limited edition with curry plate plushie.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

broke: human morgana, woke: catboy morgana

:hmmyes:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I think I spotted a Futaba execution in that trailer....

I'm buying the hell out of this.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

epenthesis posted:

There’s already one too many party members/dungeons and more women than men, but good job on getting one more waifu in there Atlus.

There’s an equal number if you count the cat

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

spoiler morgana dies in p5r

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Macaluso posted:

Another big thing going around also: Futaba's mother being alive.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Not having a lady MC is a bummer, not a dealbreaker, but would have been a really cool thing. I'll have to see a more comprehensive list of changes to see if it's something I want to get it - especially the more lovely parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Make Yosuke's Taco Bell Palace real you cowards.