Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

who is this award winning filmmaker

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Mustached Demon posted:

it's a gun not some totem to make you feel better about your dick

Oh wait nvm, that's not true in the us

we cant even properly romanticize murder toys anymore

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Trump? Committing fraud?!

https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-irs-audit-chicago-hotel-taxes

quote:

Former President Donald Trump used a dubious accounting maneuver to claim improper tax breaks from his troubled Chicago tower, according to an IRS inquiry uncovered by ProPublica and The New York Times. Losing a yearslong audit battle over the claim could mean a tax bill of more than $100 million.

The 92-story, glass-sheathed skyscraper along the Chicago River is the tallest and, at least for now, the last major construction project by Trump. Through a combination of cost overruns and the bad luck of opening in the teeth of the Great Recession, it was also a vast money loser.

But when Trump sought to reap tax benefits from his losses, the IRS has argued, he went too far and in effect wrote off the same losses twice.

The first write-off came on Trump’s tax return for 2008. With sales lagging far behind projections, he claimed that his investment in the condo-hotel tower met the tax code definition of “worthless,” because his debt on the project meant he would never see a profit. That move resulted in Trump reporting losses as high as $651 million for the year, ProPublica and the Times found.

There is no indication the IRS challenged that initial claim, though that lack of scrutiny surprised tax experts consulted for this article. But in 2010, Trump and his tax advisers sought to extract further benefits from the Chicago project, executing a maneuver that would draw years of inquiry from the IRS. First, he shifted the company that owned the tower into a new partnership. Because he controlled both companies, it was like moving coins from one pocket to another. Then he used the shift as justification to declare $168 million in additional losses over the next decade.

The issues around Trump’s case were novel enough that, during his presidency, the IRS undertook a high-level legal review before pursuing it. ProPublica and the Times, in consultation with tax experts, calculated that the revision sought by the IRS would create a new tax bill of more than $100 million, plus interest and potential penalties.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

reminds me of that Trump opera picture

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

He was calling her birdbrain and said her donors and voters were dead to him.

Why the sudden change in tune when she still hasn’t endorsed him.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Target shooting is a lot of fun. I haven't been in a while but I'm planning to make up for it over the summer.

I didn't get to shoot a gun during the first Trump administration but I can make up for that soon :patriot:

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Woah the fraud boss committed fraud

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

that's what makes him smart

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

irs has no power against Trump. that article must have been written by somebody poor.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

hamburger meat now 30 cents more expensive, how this will ruin Donald Trump.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
oh no the irs might charge tdump 100 million dollars? anything but that!

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Fuckt Tupp posted:

oh no the irs might charge tdump 100 million dollars? anything but that!

So, slightly more than one rape, and about a third of a civil business fraud.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

the failchildren of America have no idea how to combat a legit ALPHA MALE and it shows and shows and shows

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Donald Trump is kramer destroying children. lumpentroll, do your thing.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
squeak

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

even a lot of goons in gbs and other places (a few ittt too) are failposters of true alpha posters. you can tell. they are never funny and stupid and hate trump.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

tell todd he can turn the radio back on

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Serfer posted:

probably the rear end in a top hat that made (dune II) II

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

who the hell is todd? u mean trump?

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Vim Fuego posted:

I'm thinking we need forums webrings. Threads that join together. The Trump thread & the peace thread f'rinstance

a system of incels interlinked with incels interlinked with incels interlinked within one thread

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Serfer posted:

To be fair, there are 2 directors named Paul Anderson and I always confuse them with Wes Anderson

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

lol

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

you're very native american sir! so presidential!

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

took me a minute to realize that's AI lol

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

TROOF

THIS CRAZY BIDEN INSPIRED GAG ORDER IS JUST WHAT THE RADICAL LEFT DEMOCRATS WANTED. IT IS THEIR “DREAM” BECAUSE A CROOKED AND TOTALLY CONFLICTED NEW YORK JUDGE ILLEGALLY TOOK AWAY MY FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND, ESSENTIALLY, MY RIGHT TO FREELY AND OPENLY CAMPAIGN (NOT TO MENTION THE MONEY I AM FORCED TO SPEND DEFENDING AGAINST THIS POLITICAL WITCH HUNT!). BUT WE WILL WIN AND, ONCE AGAIN, JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL!

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

love saturday truths from my prez

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

trumps right, beth. i hope you realize that. what is happening in this great country is a DISGRACE and will be fixed in a few short months.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A9-kYwnN2s

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
https://x.com/negrosis2049/status/1789130706913837323?s=46

dune n bass

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

budydkins buy the glock or stfu. and wear the 3 piece suit when u buy it. idiot.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

good citizen, that's pendulum. heard of 'em ?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

pillsburysoldier posted:

Were there any goons in jan 6

I was here, posting powerfully with my posting pals and even the haters and losers

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

evilmiera posted:

Have we found the least charismatic Trump kid, or is it just that he doesn't give a poo poo about politics at all?

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

ID?

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

yeah I know him, he's Fiona Apple's ex

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

You don't need to go to TRUMP events to take part

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1789349496968851931

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

bebop esq posted:

yeah I know him, he's Fiona Apple's ex

Tim apple’s sister?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

the Apple family