Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
I teleported from my old house in grid, walked to plot #7 and just thought, whatever, and bought it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I at least managed to get the small next to the medium that I wanted, but literally all the mediums were gone in under 5 minutes on my lovely rear end tiny server. I'm kind of impressed.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Dang, I guess I was seriously lucky because I managed to snag plot #30 without any real trouble.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Thundarr posted:

I at least managed to get the small next to the medium that I wanted, but literally all the mediums were gone in under 5 minutes on my lovely rear end tiny server. I'm kind of impressed.

Not only were most of the new plots gone within like 5-10 minutes all of the old plots from people relocating were gone just as quickly.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
From here, all you can really do is pay attention to when they turn demolition back on. Then log in 45 days later.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gloomy Rube posted:

Dang, I guess I was seriously lucky because I managed to snag plot #30 without any real trouble.

My game just crashed to desktop the first time I logged in with a "lobby error". I still can't believe how lucky I was with the plot I got.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I was one of the first people into my ward and easily got the small plot I wanted, but the guy holding onto all the money for upgrading the FC house to a mansion kept getting lobby server errors and didn't get in until every plot was sold. :(

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Got my beachside cottage on my lovely server, hooray for insomnia. :toot:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Maguoob posted:

Not only were most of the new plots gone within like 5-10 minutes all of the old plots from people relocating were gone just as quickly.

I logged in fast, lobby errored and by the time I relaunched the queue was over 1k. I got lucky in that I managed to beat someone in a foot race to a goblet small. Shirogane housing was GONE by the time I got in.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
number 3 boi

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
Snagged a large on Excal, felt bad for the people who came up 10 seconds after, 20 after, etc. until the relocation magically poo poo my formerly medium house onto the plot to fully crush their dreams.

They never even did Ishgard housing so its been what, 2 years+ since the last little rush for land? They really need a better solution to this. I find it hard to believe it would be that big a burden or financial issue for them. And the sunk cost fallacy feeling of owning a house will help them cut down on people who like to unsub for months at a time between big patches and the like if most people could just buy one when they had the gil.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Didn't get the exact estate I wanted, but moved from a small to medium in Mist :hellyeah:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
As ever, I am baffled by how the HUD settings for this game are laid out. Here's a guide to enabling the new simple job bars.

Yes, you have to manually enable the simple bar for each one.

This is also how you access the new UI elements for split buffs/debuffs, etc.

Minera fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Oct 10, 2017

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
Two GC emotes being "Attention" and "At Ease" and both are kinda wrong. Attention shouldn't have head tracking enabled and at ease looks to actually be parade rest.

Yes I know, who the gently caress cares.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Well I managed to find a small at least in the hills. It's surrounded by walls and a little park to the left so not really any jackass neighbor that might, I dunno, stand on my walls or something. Figure out how to make the exteriors match better after work.

Really though here's the important aspect of owning a house
Playlist edits complete.
Exponential Entropy is now playing. (Play Mode: Play All)

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
I managed to snag the medium plot I was hoping for, alas my FC leader crashed and so we couldn't upgrade the FC house to a large. Tonberry was completely sold out everywhere in 10 minutes. I imagine Balmung will be a shitshow.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
You're saying this like housing in general is not a shitshow already. It's an endless, albeit predictable source of hilarity.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I really wanted a medium but managed to get real lucky and beat a few people to one of the last smalls. It's actually a decent looking plot too because its right on the beach so I'm not going to complain. First thing I did was get to work on making the guy across the street hate my yard.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I'm finally a homeowner! :unsmith:

Grats to all the other goons that managed to fulfill the Eorzean dream!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Minrad posted:

As ever, I am baffled by how the HUD settings for this game are laid out. Here's a guide to enabling the new simple job bars.

Yes, you have to manually enable the simple bar for each one.

This is also how you access the new UI elements for split buffs/debuffs, etc.

...or you could use /jobhudmode

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Did they add a savage mode to the kurogane jumping puzzle? :pusheen:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Wait did I kill every UI element and still end up with the dot to enter the door in the picture somehow?

Square plz

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The glowy door enter thing isn't a UI element, it actually exists in the world. It hangs out there even with /gpose. :downs:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rabanastre is kinda beautiful, in the way a lion brutally murdering a gazelle is beautiful

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Asimo posted:

The glowy door enter thing isn't a UI element, it actually exists in the world. It hangs out there even with /gpose. :downs:

Ruined forever. Time to sell.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Oct 10, 2017

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

Rabanastre is kinda beautiful, in the way a lion brutally murdering a gazelle is beautiful

YOU WILL BE JUDGED

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING
New raid's honestly pretty easy even for 24-man content, cleared it in about an hour with mostly randoms. Third and fourth bosses are a joke.

(also, am less upset about not having a house than I am about beating the queue and getting a lobby server error that ended up putting me 1200ish by the time I could get back in)

(seriously, whoever designed the housing system for this game should be unemployed)

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
The new raid does not gently caress around.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

amaranthine posted:

(seriously, whoever designed the housing system for this game should be unemployed homeless)

ftfy

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
The demand's a good problem to have, even if the player experience is, uh, frustrating. I say this having missed out on a large due to the lobby server bounce/1k queue lots of folks saw. The dev team's pretty good at hearing and implementing feedback, so there'll likely be positive change in the future.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

My raid group couldn't figure out that you need to kill adds and not stand in the bad so I gave up after we wiped to the second boss twice. I'll try again later.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

amaranthine posted:

New raid's honestly pretty easy even for 24-man content, cleared it in about an hour with mostly randoms. Third and fourth bosses are a joke.

(also, am less upset about not having a house than I am about beating the queue and getting a lobby server error that ended up putting me 1200ish by the time I could get back in)

(seriously, whoever designed the housing system for this game should be unemployed)

On the other hand, my group was a total wipe fest and made it a nightmare.

Good raid though. Not sure it's the best 24 manner.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

isk posted:

The demand's a good problem to have, even if the player experience is, uh, frustrating. I say this having missed out on a large due to the lobby server bounce/1k queue lots of folks saw. The dev team's pretty good at hearing and implementing feedback, so there'll likely be positive change in the future.

Pretty sure feedback has been going on ever since they opened up housing to individual players and nothing has happened other than occasionally adding new subdivisions. IIRC Yoshi even likes it that way because it lets players who get a house feel "special" or some poo poo.

Basically it's a combination of Yoshi being dumb and SE dealing with Tanaka design(TM) server issues.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
Perhaps unsurprisingly, the squadron AI makes better team players than actual people, on a general level.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Restrictions were dropped so you can now buy as many Quaff Books as you want.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Another patch, another disappointing lack of Stone and Steel orchestration roll.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Squaddies are smarter then most pubs

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I was still able to get an apartment in Shirogane, which is all I wanted. The subdivision building in Ward 1 only had 6 other people in it. Lots of room left.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I hope you fuckos are ready to MAPS MAPS MAPS later today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Just a reminder of what Ramza could have looked like *sad trombone*