Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

emfive posted:

The Italian thing of making some random dish starting with oil in a pan, and a single clove of garlic, unpeeled, that you soak in the oil for like a minute and then remove it because omg that would be so much garlic

I don't know what Italians do when they visit Latin America or Thailand, seems like every single meal would be a year's worth of garlic

I will use the italians' spare garlic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

William Bear posted:

God, it's like I'm right there and can hear the rambling about how great their mama's meatballs are.

I think it was probably more like "you better get me my money or you're going to disappear"

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

emfive posted:

The Italian thing of making some random dish starting with oil in a pan, and a single clove of garlic, unpeeled, that you soak in the oil for like a minute and then remove it because omg that would be so much garlic

I don't know what Italians do when they visit Latin America or Thailand, seems like every single meal would be a year's worth of garlic

In Spain we have a dish called hundred garlic chicken.

And it's a hundred cloves of garlic in oil with some chicken.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Sherbert Hoover posted:

I think it was probably more like "you better get me my money or you're going to disappear"

they tend to criminality, yes

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
italiapologism. disgusting.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/881839523126272000

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

mama mia

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Lladre posted:

In Spain we have a dish called hundred garlic chicken.

And it's a hundred cloves of garlic in oil with some chicken.

god I want to spend a month or two in Spain so bad

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1790060131209674847

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
a couple years ago my wife was really OK with the idea of me spending a month in some random place working remotely, but now she's worried that the cat will miss me

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

[ lpzie voice ] emfive why do you want to murder your cat?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
John Dean: Where are the soft spots on this? Well, first of all, there’s the problem of the continued blackmail—

President Nixon: Right.

Dean: --which will not only go on now, it’ll go on when these people are in prison, and it will compound the obstruction-of-justice situation. It’ll cost money. It’s dangerous. Nobody, nothing--people around here are not pros at this sort of thing. This is the sort of thing Mafia people can do: washing money, getting clean money, and things like that. We just don’t know about those things, because we’re not used to, you know, we’re not criminals. We're not used to dealing in that business. It's a--

President Nixon: That's right.

Dean: It’s a tough thing to know how to do.

President Nixon: Maybe we can’t even do that.

Dean: That’s right. It’s a real problem as to whether we could even do it. Plus, there’s a real problem in raising money. [John] Mitchell has been working on raising some money, feeling he’s got, you know, he’s got—he’s one of the ones with the most to lose. But there’s no denying the fact that the White House and [John] Ehrlichman, [Bob] Haldeman, and Dean are involved in some of the early money decisions.

President Nixon: How much money do you need?

Dean: I would say these people are going to cost a million dollars over the next two years.

Short pause.

President Nixon: We could get that.

Dean: Mm-hmm.

President Nixon: If you—on the money, if you need the money, I mean, you could get the money fairly easily.

Dean: Well, I think that we’re--

President Nixon: What I meant is, you could get a million dollars. And you could get it in cash. I know where it could be gotten.

Dean: Mm-hmm.

President Nixon: I mean, it’s not easy, but it could be done.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

PatentPending posted:

This is also true of all cuisine everywhere.

yeah, it turns out that once everyone had access to spices and ingredients that weren't the dozen or so local vegetables and herbs, food got a lot better

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I'll take care of your cat m5

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Shageletic posted:

It's just funny after years and years of Italian and Italian American internet discourse about food that this is true. Why are they so angry about it.

okay you know how loudmouth right wing idiots talk about How It's Always Been and point to that whenever they want to enforce rigid cultural norms despite those norms being fluid even within the span of one lifetime

its that, but cheesy noodles

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Every loving time lol

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Alitalia has merged with General Aviation to form Genitalia, Italy's new flagship airline

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Lladre I want to spend a long time in either Toledo or Zaragoza (yes I know they are a lot different)

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Alitalia has merged with General Aviation to form Genitalia, Italy's new flagship airline

I have never flown Alitalia, it did not have the best reputation.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Cool! :swoon:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

speaking of cats
my (usually smart) cat just did a full loving sprint shoulder tackle into their automatic feeder and it spat out a few bits of kibble

now I'm afraid they're both gonna be doing this all the time

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

UFOTacoMan posted:

they came to town here and made a family run awesome pizza place change their name from Marco’s

a step below Tony’s frozen pizza

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Joementum posted:

i don't think it was entirely about the food

Ah racism. The source and solution to all of our problems.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

speaking of cats
my (usually smart) cat just did a full loving sprint shoulder tackle into their automatic feeder and it spat out a few bits of kibble

now I'm afraid they're both gonna be doing this all the time

what I've learned from this current cat, who is kind-of hyperactive, is that cats have a theory of existence that guides their activities. Also they are dumb as poo poo, so their theories are ridiculous. So the really stupid cats just sit around like potted plants, but this guy is like a constant pain in the rear end.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost
I have been stuck thinking about that dumbass hannibal lector thing and I am 90% certain he thinks it was Jon Voight

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

DoombatINC posted:

okay you know how loudmouth right wing idiots talk about How It's Always Been and point to that whenever they want to enforce rigid cultural norms despite those norms being fluid even within the span of one lifetime

its that, but cheesy noodles

Serious existential situation here, I like cheesy noodles

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Also, cat games. Cat games are just the dumbest loving things.

"Move my paw back and forth. No KEEP MOVING THE PAW" I mean this is not an engaging passtime

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

has emfive admitted to being a fool yet ?

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Shageletic posted:

Serious existential situation here, I like cheesy noodles

there's a US-produced blue cheese from Carr Valley, called "Wildfire", it's very mild in terms of blue-ness but it makes a fantastic pasta sauce, literally cook pasta, drain off all but like 4 ounces of water, hold over very low heat and add crumbled Wildfire cheese

after a bit the pasta will soak up most of the water and the cheese will melt, you can add grated hard cheese if you want but the blue cheese by itself is delicious

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Lpzie posted:

has emfive admitted to being a fool yet ?

all of us are fools Lpzie, you more than anyone should know that

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
panda scandal!!

https://twitter.com/PDChina/status/1790068740370911322

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

yup. once you are bonded with an animal, it's not so easy being away for long. when i was on a plane i realized if i died in a plane crash, luna would never know what happened to me, did i abandon her?, and that was a sadder thought than caring what my bitch bimbo wife would go through. anybody can relate?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

he broke the golden rule: never touch the pandas - let the pandas touch you

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

I feel bad and racist when I think about Panda names but my friend from actual China points out that doubling a name (like "Min Min") is kind-of like a diminutive in Spanish or Italian

so I am now at peace

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

are they loving the pandas or are the pandas not loving enough

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
kinda want to know what he did now

quote:

Zhang is being investigated by the team of the Communist Party of China Central Commission for Discipline Inspection and the National Commission of Supervision stationed at the NFGA and the supervisory commission of the Aba Tibetan and Qiang Autonomous Prefecture in Sichuan Province for suspected serious violations of Party discipline and laws.

every other search result is just his published panda science papers

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

i saw on an IG story there was a zoo in China that was painting dogs to look like pandas, that has to be it

give him the death penalty

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

a.lo posted:

Nothing wrong with sleeping on the bus, but it seems it is blocking the enterance/exit of the bus which could be a problem if an accident were to occur. Even the driver can’t get to his seat because of the man. I know you think this funny because you don’t take public transit but you sorta have to take the public into consideration when they get on and off the bus.

Being serious because of weed, maybe if he had strung it up at the back of the bus, and/or higher up on the poles?

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Lpzie, are there "dirty" things that people can do with pandas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Demon Of The Fall posted:

i saw on an IG story there was a zoo in China that was painting dogs to look like pandas, that has to be it

give him the death penalty

An actual mission from red dead redemption 2