Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Being on TV and the house show circuit means that you can't really progress as fast as someone drilling with the same people every day and every night. Unless you are a wrestling savant or have had a lot of time on the indies, where you start on the road is usually where you end up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sigma posted:

Being on TV and the house show circuit means that you can't really progress as fast as someone drilling with the same people every day and every night. Unless you are a wrestling savant or have had a lot of time on the indies, where you start on the road is usually where you end up.

Usually the fastest way to progress is doing matches with skilled wrestlers in front of a live audience on a nightly basis.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Sigma posted:

No. Rote memorization is the worst way to do almost anything. Doing a thousand armdrags every day for months will yield you the perfect arm drag with no sense of where to use it when or why.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Sanguinia posted:

Grandpa Simpson told me Matlock found culprits. Was he lying to me? :(

You're thinking of McGuyver

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

RacistGuidingLight posted:

"BRAAWWK! BRAAWWWK! BRAAWWWK!"
"Please, Mister Heyman, may just get a word it"

This is loving fantastic

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Seriously, why is Eva Marie getting heat because she is trying to get better at wrestling?

Surely that's a good thing?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

BrigadierSensible posted:

Seriously, why is Eva Marie getting heat because she is trying to get better at wrestling?

Surely that's a good thing?

because WWE is paying for her to get private lessons in LA rather than sending her to NXT, which they think she should be lucky to be getting the opportunity to go to in the first place.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

They are also paying Eva additional money to train with Brian Kendrick

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
All the other divas are super dumb and bad at politicking so they're mad at Eva for being super smart and good at politicking.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

e thinks eva marie is great reality tv material and are the ones who want wwe to keep her

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Blasmeister posted:

because WWE is paying for her to get private lessons in LA rather than sending her to NXT, which they think she should be lucky to be getting the opportunity to go to in the first place.

But NXT is for *good* wrestlers. Eva Maries stinkiness would be seen especially in comparison to Bayley, Charlotte et al.

I still don't get the pettiness of "She's trying to better herself in her profession. Boo!" that is coming across from the other divas tweets.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

But NXT is for *good* wrestlers. Eva Maries stinkiness would be seen especially in comparison to Bayley, Charlotte et al.

I still don't get the pettiness of "She's trying to better herself in her profession. Boo!" that is coming across from the other divas tweets.

she's had years to give a poo poo if it was about wresling, E! want her around and wwe decided to send her to get special training so they can get a total diva's story after that with hopefully finally get some return on having to keep her in a wrestling role. it's not that hard to see why actual wrestlers in the company would hate that she's taking a spot on the roster

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

It's also possible she's insufferable to be around

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

that's what makes her good reality tv material

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

But NXT is for *good* wrestlers. Eva Maries stinkiness would be seen especially in comparison to Bayley, Charlotte et al..

Actually, NXT is developmental.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Flameingblack posted:

lmao Eva has gotten better at wrestling in 3 months with Kendrick than the Bella Twins have in the last 6 years.

you know I keep seeing posts like this and its great that shes trying to learn and whatever, but where has there been any actual evidence that she has improved at all

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Blasmeister posted:

Actually, NXT is developmental.
No now its a brand to make HHH look like he is capable of taking over for Vince

NXT Florida House Show circuit is developmental :v:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

you know I keep seeing posts like this and its great that shes trying to learn and whatever, but where has there been any actual evidence that she has improved at all

uh you'll find there's a veritable mountain of heavily-edited training footage where it sort of looks like she has a match with Kendrick. And some Instagram videos.

Honestly though, it looks like she can run the ropes at the very least which is an improvement over what she was doing before, and puts her above people like Rosa Mendes and Kelly Kelly.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

and aj, even

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shima Honnou posted:

All the other divas are super dumb and bad at politicking so they're mad at Eva for being super smart and good at politicking.

People keep saying this and it's super annoying. Most of the other women were hired specifically for the purpose of wrestling and the majority of them had already been wrestling before WWE. They're not stupid for not getting some crazy bonus money to train; they either already had training or are working within the confines of their contract.

Eva wound up with some crazy deal for herself, so good for her. No reason to continually call everyone else dumb for not trying to do the same thing.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Usually the fastest way to progress is doing matches with skilled wrestlers in front of a live audience on a nightly basis.

Well there's your problem.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

You know you guys might as well be arguing why people on Game of Thrones or Lost don't like each other.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Mob posted:

You know you guys might as well be arguing why people on Game of Thrones or Lost don't like each other.

Ned screwed Ned.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
https://instagram.com/p/45aLRRvKuX/

Titus O'Neil continues to be amazing.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

OctoberCountry posted:

Oh Titus, I am so glad you are a Gator.

He makes a valid point. Who invites over a bunch of giant wrestlers and has no food to feed them with? Muscles require sustenance!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

OctoberCountry posted:

Davey's Boy!

And Tyson :smith:

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
Awesome video on so many counts. Good to see Tyson/TJ looking about as happy as anyone can considering he's in a neck brace.

I like how it ends: "she ain't got nothin to eat, turn it off"

I'm basically playing all of his videos now, drat he's such a good dude!!

https://instagram.com/p/42P9LePKv3/?taken-by=titusoneilwwe

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jul 9, 2015

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

"paige twitter posted:

In LA and look who I got to see!! @WWEAJLee coffee and a catch up! Missed you!! #FreaksAndGeeks

Paige why are you standing like that?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Chewy Bitems posted:

boobs look good, butt looks good

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Why does AJ still have WWE in her name?

I am guessing that she is standing that way so she does not tower over her diminutive friend AJ.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
AJ looks happy! Good for her. :)

Bard Maddox posted:

boobs look good, butt looks good

Be careful; expressing that you find a woman attractive by referencing the parts of the woman that you normally find attractive gets you called creepy these days.

Speaking of Paige: I wonder what she looks like without all that heavy eyeliner. I bet she'd look like a completely different person.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
She's bending every major joint in her lower body and tilted her shoulders and she's just about eye-level with AJ and the camera is panned downwards. If she stood up straight they probably wouldn't be able to fit into the same frame together.

fart blood posted:

Speaking of Paige: I wonder what she looks like without all that heavy eyeliner. I bet she'd look like a completely different person.
I don't think she's ever seen without some degree of eyeliner, but occasionally she has less and doesn't look that different. For a scarier difference, image search 'Britani Knight'.

pressedbunny fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jul 10, 2015

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Chewy Bitems posted:

AJ is about 3 foot 9. hosed up, but true.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Chewy Bitems posted:

She's doing a Tom Phillips impression.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Lot of wrestlers who leave WWE for the indies change their display name but keep their account name becuase if they change that they lose verification. Matt Sydal and PJ Black/Justin Gabriel are two examples that immediately come to mind

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

pressedbunny posted:

I don't think she's ever seen without some degree of eyeliner, but occasionally she has less and doesn't look that different. For a scarier difference, image search 'Britani Knight'.

Yeah I know her from her Britani Knight days and she wore lots of eyeliner then too (though admittedly not as much). Not that I mind the heavy eyeliner, but I imagine when she wears no eyeliner it's a big change.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

She's got a verified account. If you change your Twitter handle, you lose your verified status.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thauros posted:

Lot of wrestlers who leave WWE for the indies change their display name but keep their account name becuase if they change that they lose verification. Matt Sydal and PJ Black/Justin Gabriel are two examples that immediately come to mind

While looking up Sydal's account (@findevan)to double check this,l I noticed he has Genki Sudo holding his "We Are All One" as his banner picture which is kinda cool

Young Pageviews
May 26, 2014

Let's get this wrestling!
Sydal generally seems extremely cool. I really loved his podcast with Colt Cabana about his ayahuasca journey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

dsriggs posted:

AJ is about 3 foot 9. hosed up, but true.

Well duh that's why Punk married her, he always wanted to marry a hobbit.