Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Have a job that I actually give a poo poo about now, so I missed the housing rush. I feel like there should be a milder-version of :negative:, cause I'm disappointed, but don't give that much of a poo poo.

Anyway maybe there'll be a Lavender Beds plot I can snag when I get home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

wait the BRD gauge includes a Straight Shot tracker now, holy poo poo

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

This is...actually a good question that i'd never thought of, and I'm one of Catgirl Bargains' local lore nerds. For a real-world comparison, it sucked living in, say, British-controlled India, Africa, or Ireland during the 1800s, but the actual home islands were probably one of the least lovely places to live (by 1800s standards). I'd also have to imagine that it's probably like 1800's Britain; probably a nice place if you're an industrialist or some sort of noble, probably not so much if you're a lowly commoner, and with all the problems that came along with real-world industralization no matter who you are.

I'm thinking more along the lines of Rome, where if you paid your taxes and paid lip service to their gods they generally left you the hell alone to do your own thing. Or in Garlemald's case, pay your taxes, forsake your religions because primals are bad, and don't be a beastman. The Centurion that ran the garrison in Ala Ghiri mentioned that the province he was from wasn't managed anything like Ala Mhigo/Doma. I don't see how even with all the technological prowess Garlemald has that they could maintain the yoke on everyone if they're just malignant fuckheads everywhere.

As an aside, I see a lot of DRG's bitching about the LotD change the HT nerf. I can't speak from a raw numbers perspective or savage raiding but it feels so much better in EXDR. The Doom Spike/Sonic Thrust changes also make AOE not an exercise in frustration.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Arist posted:

wait the BRD gauge includes a Straight Shot tracker now, holy poo poo

the game has changed

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
As someone who's still fairly new to the game and still leveling their first class to 70, what are squadrons and how do I get one?

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007

dolphinbomb posted:

As someone who's still fairly new to the game and still leveling their first class to 70, what are squadrons and how do I get one?

They're some dudes you can train and bring into certain dungeons with you. You unlock them by gaining a high enough rank in a grand company.

e: Just alt-tabbed and read twitter while my guys killed a mob pack on their own, so that's where we're at right now.

Trainmonk fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Oct 10, 2017

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
can you level to 70 using squad dudes?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Holyshoot posted:

can you level to 70 using squad dudes?

I think the highest level dungeon you can take them into is Wanderer's Palace, so no.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I'm really kicking myself for not picking up the ghost costume on the mogstation when it was on sale so I could glamour all my squadron as spooky ghosts. I'll just have to settle for putting all my Roe dudes in swimsuits I guess...

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
Did TPT manage to get a new FC plot? I logged out and went to bed almost immediately after grabbing mine.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I'm ready for my WoL to be added to the next Marvel vs. I got ridiculously excited when I found out it was a persistent emote.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's cool the new MSQ is praising libertarian economics.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

smol bahamut

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's cool the new MSQ is praising libertarian economics.

It's not exactly a hot take to imply that spending a significant chunk of your treasury to help a group of people who are for better or worse, not your citizens would piss off a shitload of the less fortunate who do happen to be citizens of your nation.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
on a whim i boosted white mage

the average tank...is very bad.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
don't post small baht

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

500k gil alone from the final chest in Hidden Canals.

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

on a whim i boosted white mage

the average tank...is very bad.

Just wait until you get blamed for when the party dies because they're all taking damage and the tank pulled big but didn't use any cool downs I'm looking at you sohm al and your lovely tanks.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I've been leveling bard through DF and spent and evening in the aery. There are a hilarious number of tanks that try to multipull right at the start without checking the healer's gear or even if they're synced or not.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
What's the deal with the health adjustment in dungeons? I know what was speculated, but has anybody looked into it and figured out what they did?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm finishing the MSQ as a WHM and it is pretty nuts how much variety in tanks there are in the end gamish dungeons. I did Doma Castle earlier today with a DRK tank guy who had like 8 roles at 70 but could not figure out a way to not lose like his entire health bar in five seconds. I had to pop like every cool down to keep the dude alive against small trash pulls. But other times the guy playing tank will happily pull and tank for days with just a Regen on him. It's weird, or at least it is to me as someone who has never played that role.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Leofish posted:

Yeah, gonna def need some glamour prisms for my squad.

Hastaloeya is way overdressed.

Wait how'd you get those boots on that Paladin? I thought they were BLM only?

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
Just unlocked the squats emote (nice), and some others. Just need 10 command missions done.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Charles Get-Out posted:

Wait how'd you get those boots on that Paladin? I thought they were BLM only?

That NPC is not glamoured, they are a unique-appearance squaddie. Raelthota is her name, and she is by default an ACN.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

SwissArmyDruid posted:

That NPC is not glamoured, they are a unique-appearance squaddie.

Mother gently caress. Those are my favorite boots, but I can't play BLM for poo poo.

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

Meldonox posted:

What's the deal with the health adjustment in dungeons? I know what was speculated, but has anybody looked into it and figured out what they did?

From what I saw messing with one of the squadron runs, in the lowbie dungeons at least mobs get chewed up quick.

Long overdue, tbh.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Anyone had any issues with out of game hotkeys not working when the game is in focus anymore? My push to talk key for Discord no longer functions if FF14 is the focus window, same with my sharex hotkeys. Just started with todays patch, pretty annoying.

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I'm finishing the MSQ as a WHM and it is pretty nuts how much variety in tanks there are in the end gamish dungeons. I did Doma Castle earlier today with a DRK tank guy who had like 8 roles at 70 but could not figure out a way to not lose like his entire health bar in five seconds. I had to pop like every cool down to keep the dude alive against small trash pulls. But other times the guy playing tank will happily pull and tank for days with just a Regen on him. It's weird, or at least it is to me as someone who has never played that role.
Of the bad tanks I've seen, I've usually come across either severely undergeared tanks (maybe that DRK falls into this category,) and tanks who think they're hot poo poo but they're not...

Ran v4 normal two weeks ago and had two undergeared tanks, neither in tank stance. All they were worried about was DPS while they had vuln stacks and taking tank busters to the face. The other healer and I were scrambling to keep them alive while DPS newbies were dropping dead from screwing up mechanics. Like, the MT thought tank swapping was unnecessary even though he was running Ala Mhigan gear and some Genta gear... He actually ended up dying when the tree first came up and landed the minor AOE. :rolleyes:

e: I should note that the party's DPS was so bad that the tree thing came up a 3rd time...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sonicice posted:

Did TPT manage to get a new FC plot? I logged out and went to bed almost immediately after grabbing mine.

Fortunately no

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I am stuck at work can someone post screens of the new sepherot weapons. Preferably paladin, dark knight and monk?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Holyshoot posted:

I am stuck at work can someone post screens of the new sepherot weapons. Preferably paladin, dark knight and monk?

Aren't they just the old ones with a greenish glow?

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

krnhotwings posted:

Of the bad tanks I've seen, I've usually come across either severely undergeared tanks (maybe that DRK falls into this category,) and tanks who think they're hot poo poo but they're not...

Ran v4 normal two weeks ago and had two undergeared tanks, neither in tank stance. All they were worried about was DPS while they had vuln stacks and taking tank busters to the face. The other healer and I were scrambling to keep them alive while DPS newbies were dropping dead from screwing up mechanics. Like, the MT thought tank swapping was unnecessary even though he was running Ala Mhigan gear and some Genta gear... He actually ended up dying when the tree first came up and landed the minor AOE. :rolleyes:

e: I should note that the party's DPS was so bad that the tree thing came up a 3rd time...

It's totally viable to not tank swap at minimum ilvl for O4 normal, you just kind of have to know what you're doing & it sounds like those two didn't.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So the Shirogane Castle housing glamours look dope as hell and are gigantic. The medium house glamour looks bigger than normal mansions. I can just imagine people getting upset about these blocking views from other houses.

Also, the mats are fairly easy/cheap. Unlike other housing glamours.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Did they remove the weekly loot caps for normal Omega?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Is Shinryu turning out to be hard enough that I should really push to get my clear early before I miss the train, or is it relaxed enough I can take my time and get a late clear no problem?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jimbot posted:

Did they remove the weekly loot caps for normal Omega?
For everything but the crystalloid

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I think the general rule is that, compared to the other two tanks, DRK doesn't take hits quite as well as PLD does, and doesn't have WAR's giant piles of health and buffs. In big pulls this is somewhat offset by Abyssal Drain's self-heal (assuming the DRK knows what they're doing) and at 70 by The Blackest Night. Doma Castle's probably the second-nastiest leveling dungeon to heal, especially if you have a tank that insists on pulling the third mob (the Colossus) up to the soldiers nearby. There's a lot of ways that particular overpull can go wrong. The last boss isn't a pushover if people are undergeared or screw up the mechanics, either.

Can't comment on the SMN changes since the game is rather rudely forcing me to do its job quests, but SCH seems a lot better than it did at Stormblood launch. Plus, I kind of missed that weird tea kettle sound that Ruin spells make when you're casting them. Since I haven't really done much with the class since mid-Heavensward, is there a decent guide to Scholaring anywhere?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So is there some kind of Simcraft thing for FF14 to figure out what the hell I'm supposed to be melding on to what for my Dragoon?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Bolow posted:

So is there some kind of Simcraft thing for FF14 to figure out what the hell I'm supposed to be melding on to what for my Dragoon?

direct hit > determination > critical > skill speed

meld the best stat that isn't already maxed on that piece of gear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Does det really outperform crit on drg? That seems hard to believe. Not that it would really matter as long as you gem something grade VI between the three dps secondaries.

I go with the general rule of thumb of keeping direct hit and critical balanced on anything dps that doesn't require a skill/spell speed floor to do something special.