Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

They're both weirdos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
The power move would've been to pay for the whole pizza then have sex with it in front of him.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA For ghosting my mom because she doesn't approve of my boyfriend?

My mom has taken a really heavy disliking to my (21F) boyfriend (38M). To the point of yelling at him when she sees him. She's not willing to give him a chance and she keeps making up tall tales about him. It's made it really hard to keep friendly with her, because Everytime we spend time together she has to bring him up. I'm sure most of the bad things she says she found on him is a lie because she won't give me evidence and she won't tell me where she heard it. She's gotten to be a real emotional burden, and I know she loves me but I also love him. AITA for planning on ghosting my mom for the rest of our lives?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA -- I might have slightly upstaged my friend, the bride?

I'm a woman who has always preferred "men's clothes," but in my younger years I was too afraid to wear them most of the time (I'm now 30 and my self-confidence is a bit better). About 6 months ago, I decided to buy my first 3-piece suit, complete with bowtie, cufflinks, and my grandfather's pocketwatch. I loved wearing it out for special occasions, and I was looking forward to the next time I would need to wear it: my friend's wedding. I asked my friend before I even bought the suit if it would be okay for me to wear it, because many of her family members are from a very traditional, religious culture and I was worried about negative reactions. She assured me that they'd all be fine, and I should wear whatever I found most comfortable. She even helped me pick out my cufflinks.

So June rolls around, and aside from a few people who made snide comments or gave me funny looks, most people were fine. In fact, I got A LOT of compliments on my suit! I was surprised by the fuss, but I was relieved and flattered... However, all of this was unfortunately noticed by my friend (the bride), who was not thrilled. She was stiff and polite with me during the reception, while remaining warm and bubbly with her other guests. I get it, it was her wedding day, and the attention is meant to be focused on the bride and groom.

I shyly apologized to her a couple of weeks after the wedding for the fuss (I really do feel bad, even if what happened was unintentional), but she didn't seem open to talking about it, so I let the subject drop. I realize an apology can't make everything better, or mean that I wasn't an rear end in a top hat, but I thought I should mention that I at least tried.

The reason I'm still concerned is that last week (a little over a month after we talked) she published her wedding photos on Facebook, and I wasn't in a single one. I know the important thing is that they got good photos of the bride and groom, but I'm still hurt. It's like she's saying she wishes I wasn't there. I can only assume that leaving me out was intentional, since it was a small wedding of only 40-50 guests and she selected almost 200 final photos out of 500-600 that were taken. Safe to say she must still be at least a little pissed... I'd hate to see our friendship damaged because of this. We've been good friends for almost 8 years!

Am I the rear end in a top hat here? Was I thoughtless -- should I have been able to predict the reactions I got at the wedding, and just worn a dress instead? Or was there something I could/should have done during the wedding reception to tactfully remove myself from the spotlight? I wasn't encouraging the behavior, but I am a bit socially awkward, so I didn't really do a great job of escaping the attention, either.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

I [22/M] told my girlfriend that she looks like Chucky and now she's pissed off at me.

quote:

Yesterday me and my girlfriend went to one of those smaller movie theaters that plays movies that have been out for a while despite not being advertised anymore. We ended up seeing the Child's Play remake and even though we both enjoyed the movie, we both couldn't help but crack some jokes about how odd the Chucky doll looks in the face. While I was driving and stopped at a red light, I looked over to my girlfriend and I honestly couldn't help but notice that she kind of looked like Chucky. I chuckled to myself and when she asked what was so funny, I initially said that it was nothing, but she kept asking and I told her that she looked like Chucky. I told her that in the face, she has certain characteristics like the big eyes and overall facial structure. Apparently that wasn't the right thing to say.

My girlfriend says to me "Are you serious?" and after that, there was this really long, awkward silence. I tried to ask her if she was upset, but she told me not to say anything for the rest of the car ride home. When we got back to our apartment, she immediately locked herself in our room and wouldn't come out. After an hour, I knocked on the door and tried to get her to let me in. That's when I decided to joke around and I said to her "If you let me in, I promise we'll be best buddies for life." I wanted to just joke around with a line from the movie, but again, that apparently wasn't the right thing to say. She opened the door and screamed at me "DID YOU SERIOUSLY THINK THAT WOULD MAKE ME FEEL BETTER?!" I just backed off and didn't know what to say, so she slammed the door on me, came out sometime later with a suitcase and just left.

Now I don't know where she went. I have some ideas, like maybe a friend's place or her parent's home, but I can't be 100% sure. All I know is that I've hosed up and she won't answer my calls or texts. I don't want something like this to be the end of our relationship and I need some advice on how to fix this.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA -- I might have slightly upstaged my friend, the bride?

The bride should have worn a suit instead :colbert:

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
AITA for exploding on my father's wife

quote:

Hear me out on this one.

In regards to ages, I’m 17, Dad is 43, and father’s wife 27 or 28.

Six years ago, it came out during couple’s therapy that my father was cheating on my mom and that his mistress was pregnant. My mom initiated divorce. Six months after the divorce was finalized, my father married his now wife and they had three kids. My dad has apologized for his actions and we are still doing therapy, so one day I can truly forgive him.

I do not like my so-called stepmom, but in regards that she is father’s wife, I begrudgingly show respect. I have never called her out of her name until later in this story. If she speaks to me, I will say something back. If I am in her home, I will clean up after myself. However, I will always refer to her as my father’s wife and she will never be a prominent figure in my life. This is something she cannot accept.

I have never let my true feelings about her be known, until the other day. While at my father’ house, she attempted to make a cringe-worthy joke about my girlfriend with the saying “The blacker the berry the sweeter the juice,” and said that I was good enough looking boy and she was confused about why I would go out with a dark-skinned black girl and not someone white like myself. I guess the look on my face told her to shut up, so she changed the subject.

She then revealed that when my dad gets back from his TDY (Temporary Duty Assignment); she had booked a photoshoot for family portraits of us and she wanted to do a special photo of me and her two sons holding signs that say “Don’t mess with her,” with her 2-month-old daughter. I have never been in any of the previous family portraits because I refused to and my Dad said I didn’t have to.

I told her I was not going to participate

She asked why I was being difficult and that just she wanted family pictures with all of her children.

Six years’ worth of hurt came out. I told her she was a fool to ever think I was her child or that I considered her family. From my perspective, she was nothing, but my father’s racist side chick, who had nothing better to do, but chase after a married man and sit on her rear end all day. I took it a step further and fully implied that her daughter wasn’t my father’s child because she looks nothing like him.

She turned red and started crying, saying how disrespectful I was and I had no right to talk to her in such a manner. I fully admit I called her a Bitch and stated she didn’t even deserve any respect from me because she didn’t respect my mother’s marriage and if she ever disrespected my girlfriend again, she would live to regret it. After realizing what I had said, I left and haven’t talked to her since.

Everyone that I have talked to say I should at least apologize for calling her a bitch and I don’t mind doing that. However, certain people say I shouldn’t have gone off on her, because my dad was gone and she just had a baby, etc.

So who is the rear end in a top hat?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I'm sure he's a douche, but that does sound like airing dirty laundry which you wouldn't expect from a partner, I wouldn't be impressed either.

From what he's said in various comments, he'd borrowed money from the girlfriend/asked her to take out loans. He's also done that to family members. At the get together they asked her about it and she discussed with them

quote:

No i didn’t tell her i asked them for help because it wasn’t her business. My family brought up my finances and she chimes ib

quote:

I have asked her for money and to take a small loan out for me a few times but that’s not my families business

She said they were asking her about my finances and relationship/ how things were going and she vented it’s not their business. Then she said she also vented because she felt like she was putting more effort in and i didn’t appreciate her and took her for granted

If you're borrowing money from multiple parties, it kinda sounds like their business.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for expecting a guy who invites me to his house for a movie date at dinner time to offer drinks or food?

Dating in 2019 is weird and confusing, I'm glad I'm already married.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

ad090 posted:

Yeah, I can feel it. When I was a teen my stepmom, at just the wrong moment, entered my bedroom without knocking and, well, I exploded on my father's wife too. Pretty damned quiet around the Flag dinner table for a month too except for dad asking how everyone's day went and just getting monosyllabic grunts back.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for expecting a guy who invites me to his house for a movie date at dinner time to offer drinks or food?

This guy previously talked about being a men’s rights guy. A normal one, not an incel dickhead.

:thunk:

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
You can read this in two ways:

Without uncovering the spoilers and it's a cute/funny feel good story of a couple of awkward young folks that are starting a relationship.
Uncover the spoiler and well, it's a bit more disapointing.

I (19M) accidentally came while my friend (19F) was sitting in my lap. What do I do now?

quote:

My friend and I have been friends for a while but have been good friends, like talking everyday and hanging out for a little over a year now, I’ve always had a crush on her but I didn’t want it to ruin our friendship.

About a week ago I told her my true feelings for her and she reacted well, she said it was the sweetest thing anyone had ever told her and she said she teared up. Yesterday was the first time we’ve hung out since then, after getting some lunch we went back to her place and we’re just sitting there on her couch when she asks me if she can ask me a question, then proceeds to ask if I really meant what I said, I said of course I did and repeated that she’s the most beautiful girl I’ve seen in my life. Before I knew it we were kissing, I’m not the most experienced with girls and this was my first kiss, she then climbed onto my lap and like straddled me while kissing me. This was apparently all too much for me as I came in my jeans, I immediately got up and said I had to go and basically ran out of her house.

I’ve never been more embarrassed by anything in my life, she had to have known what happened since there was a huge wet spot on my jeans and possibly on her too...I really need to know what to do here, I don’t know if I can ever face her again.

(Update) I (19M) accidentally came while my friend (19F) was sitting in my lap.

quote:

I didn’t plan on doing an update or making another post, but a bunch of people requested it so here it is. I’d also like to thank everyone who took the time to reply to the original post.

So right after posting the original today, I took some of the comments advice and I was going to text her and tell her what happened, I was mulling around trying to think of what to say when I got another text from her saying “if you’re done being weird, do you want to take (dogs name)? We can talk about what the heck happened” (we always walk her dog together so that’s what the offer was) I said yes and went over to her place.

Obviously the first question she asked once we started our walk was what happened and if I was alright and she also apologized, I said she didn’t do anything wrong and just came clean and told her the truth, I didn’t even want to look her in the eye so I was just looking forward until I heard her burst out laughing, she thought it was hilarious, she made jokes about how she didn’t know she was that good and that she was going to get her romper (what she was wearing when it happened) dry cleaned and send me the bill. I was relieved we could laugh about it together and that she wasn’t creeped out or anything. She knew I was inexperienced with girls and she’s the first girl I’ve ever been this good of friends with, but she asked if that was really my first kiss ever, she said that because I always played sports and everyone liked me and I was friends with everyone that I would have had it somewhere, but I told her that I’ve always been so insecure that I’ve never even tried to talk to girls like that before...she then asked if she could tell me something really personal, too which I of course said sure, and she told me that she is a virgin too, I knew she wasn’t a hoe or anything like that but I always thought that the guy she dated for a couple months last year that they would’ve done it, but I guess not.

We had a really nice conversation, and I don’t know what came over me, but I asked if she wanted to go on like a real date sometime, like I come and bring flowers and we go to a nice restaurant and everything and she just smiled and said she’d like that. Then once we got back to her house she invited me in too say hello to her mom since I haven’t seen her parents in a while because they were on a trip, I went in and said hello and everything and she insisted I stay for dinner, so after a good home cooked meal, I sat there and listened to her parents talk about their vacation. I then said my goodbyes to her parents and brother since she was going out with friends for the night soon, she walked me out to her porch where she then asked me when I wanted to do that real date, I suggested Sunday and she said sure, and to get her at 6 ish, then she gave me a nice warm hug and a kiss on the cheek and just smiled, I said I better get going since her friends would be there soon and she once again told me to expect her dry cleaning bill and laughed.

So yea, I guess I got a date on Sunday, really ope I don’t gently caress it up haha.

Also, I’m not the smartest person or best writer so I apologize if this was tough to read, I tried my best, thank you!

Edit: apparently people are ripping me for using the word “hoe”, I will not apologize for that...I don’t want a woman who’s been passed around many times, I don’t care if she’s a virgin or not, but I don’t want a sleazy woman.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Admiralty Flag posted:

Yeah, I can feel it. When I was a teen my stepmom, at just the wrong moment, entered my bedroom without knocking and, well, I exploded on my father's wife too.

You mean, uh, verbally right?

:staredog:

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

MagusofStars posted:

One of two ways - either they were fully functional all along and just lazy fucks OR they desperately search for anyone else to be their new mom. Seems like a total crapshoot which is which.

If you live alone you can basically get away with not doing poo poo for decades. Your teeth will eventually fall out and your living space will be disgusting but some people just don't give a rat's rear end.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SilvergunSuperman posted:

You mean, uh, verbally right?

:staredog:

Same question.

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009

Grape posted:

As someone who struggles with very late caught ADHD, I can get depressed about my chronic slobness at times.
But lol man this thread is like the cure for that, I'm still miles more functional and self-sufficient than so many of these apparently normal brained dudes.

So much this.

sadus
Apr 5, 2004

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Xik posted:

Without uncovering the spoilers and it's a cute/funny feel good story of a couple of awkward young folks that are starting a relationship.

I (19M) accidentally came while my friend (19F) was sitting in my lap. What do I do now?

Haha wow that’s a shame

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

goethe.cx posted:

they should talk to a lawyer first. it's not a good look to go to the police and say "hey this person is going to say i'm a pedophile but i'm just letting you know, i'm totally not a pedophile"

How is it a bad look to go to the police and report a crime? Extortion is a felony.

"Hey this person is going to say I'm a pedophile unless I pay them $37k."

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Ebola Roulette posted:

How is it a bad look to go to the police and report a crime? Extortion is a felony.

They actually are a pedophile though so that's the problem

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
On the one hand you gotta go to the cops because it’s not going to stop with this, if you give in to the first extortion demand they’ll come up with more, on the other hand you can’t go to the cops because even if you didn’t have sex until she was 18 you did groom that young woman

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I feel like there's more to the story if the parents had photos of the two of them together waiting to go when they needed something from him

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Xik posted:

Uncover the spoiler and well, it's a bit more disappointing.
:agreed:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA For ghosting my mom because she doesn't approve of my boyfriend?

My mom has taken a really heavy disliking to my (21F) boyfriend (38M). To the point of yelling at him when she sees him. She's not willing to give him a chance and she keeps making up tall tales about him.
Can’t wait for the future update where she finally realizes/finds out this dude is a shithead and the “tall tales” are actually reality.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My friend [F26] called me [F23] a piece of poo poo over a moral decision in a video game.

Every weekend my friend and I get together to play a game together. About three months ago, we reached a point in our newest game where you have the choice of whether or not to kill your father in revenge for letting your sibling be murdered. I was about to choose not to, when she suddenly grabbed the controller and clicked to kill him. I asked why and she said that her morals wouldn't allow a child murderer to live and that to do otherwise makes you a bad person. I told her that it was just video and she just cut off us off a huge line of content when we're both completionists. So I asked her that if I was alone playing this game or any other game with this kind of question, and made the decision the same decision not to kill, what wound that make me. She said exactly that'd I would be a piece of poo poo for doing that, that it mean I'm a horrible person. I guess I am, because the whole thing felt like the stupidest argument I've ever had. I just left after that and we never mentioned it again. Fast forward to now and she wants to play it again. We'll have to restart it and I want to make the same decision. How do I approach this? I want to get across my feelings and I don't know how. Sorry for the stupid rant and petty problem, but if you could I would greatly appreciate help with this.

**TL;DR; : Friend said I'm poo poo for not killing a fictional child murderer. How do I fix this?**.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My friend [F26] called me [F23] a piece of poo poo over a moral decision in a video game.

Every weekend my friend and I get together to play a game together. About three months ago, we reached a point in our newest game where you have the choice of whether or not to kill your father in revenge for letting your sibling be murdered. I was about to choose not to, when she suddenly grabbed the controller and clicked to kill him. I asked why and she said that her morals wouldn't allow a child murderer to live and that to do otherwise makes you a bad person. I told her that it was just video and she just cut off us off a huge line of content when we're both completionists. So I asked her that if I was alone playing this game or any other game with this kind of question, and made the decision the same decision not to kill, what wound that make me. She said exactly that'd I would be a piece of poo poo for doing that, that it mean I'm a horrible person. I guess I am, because the whole thing felt like the stupidest argument I've ever had. I just left after that and we never mentioned it again. Fast forward to now and she wants to play it again. We'll have to restart it and I want to make the same decision. How do I approach this? I want to get across my feelings and I don't know how. Sorry for the stupid rant and petty problem, but if you could I would greatly appreciate help with this.

**TL;DR; : Friend said I'm poo poo for not killing a fictional child murderer. How do I fix this?**.

Lol so so dumb.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

This game is some lovely anime JPRG, isn't it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I hope the content you get for not killing him is the game asking what the hell is wrong with you and messaging this fact to all your friends.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
we can't judge until we know the game :colbert:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

ad090 posted:

Harsh but fair, A) stepparents have a hard enough time gaining the respect of their stepchildren, but lol if you think that you'll ever be respected after personally breaking up those kids' parents, and B) racist assholes deserve to get told off, you didn't do anything wrong and instead of apologizing should make it clear that racists don't deserve respect

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Known Lecher posted:

This game is some lovely anime JPRG, isn't it.

My guess is Assassin's Creed

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ebola Roulette posted:

he actually is a pedophile though, the only class of people who deserve to get extorted and then laughed at by police as they put him in handcuffs for having admitted to grooming a child

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
How common is it for universities to forbid professors from intimate relationships with any under student on campus? Can they?

Back in the day I remember a few undergrads who got involved with the TA for their classes, and they had to avoid making it Facebook official for that semester and the next one (if they lasted that long)

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Pinecone Sample posted:

How common is it for universities to forbid professors from intimate relationships with any under student on campus? Can they?

Back in the day I remember a few undergrads who got involved with the TA for their classes, and they had to avoid making it Facebook official for that semester and the next one (if they lasted that long)

TTBOMK it's generally heavily discouraged.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Me [25F] with my boyfriend [26M] together 2,5 years, talks non-stop about cum-town. It's boring me to bits

quote:

Been together with my boyfriend for a bit more than 2 years. We live together and so spends most of our time together. He's always been very self-oriented, mostly talks about himself and his interests and you kind of have to force what you want to talk about into the conversation.

As an example, he'll be talking about a news story that's been happening. I'm a little bit into politics, but not American politics, as we're not American, but yeah, the news story is about American politics. He talks at lengths about it, I chime in with a few "oh really" "i see" and stuff like that and asks him questions about it, as that is what you do in a conversation. Then when he is done, the conversation will kind of quiet down and I'll start talking about something I did, like "I did this the other day and that was really cool" and he'll just go "Okay" and that's it. No follow up questions or anything and I don't really know what to do then, so the conversation just stops.

Lately it's just gotten worse. He's been really into cumtown lately and can't stop talking about them. He will just go on and on and like reenact all of their skits and I'm just bored to bits. The worst thing is when he reenacts a whole bit and then goes "no, lets just watch the clip on youtube!!" and then I also have to sit through a very unfunny clip on youtube while he laughs his rear end off an I'm just politely chuckling once or twice.

It's getting to the point where I can see that he's not happy with me because I'm so disengaged in the conversation but I'm just bored out of my mind. I just wish he would understand more about how conversations work. I've noticed my mood just dropping when I'm talking to him sometimes. I'll be really excited for something, and I tell him and he just goes "Okey" and as I'm kind of waiting for him to further the conversation he just changes the subject to politics or cumtown. I don't really know what to do with the situation..

TL:DR Boyfriend isn't engaged in my conversations, and his conversations are just going on and on about politics and cumtown.

I wasn't sure what to expect from the title.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My (F25) boyfriend (M45) won’t let me get the kind of puppy that I want

quote:

My boyfriend says he will absolutely not let me EVER get the kind of puppy I want which would be a little teacup Yorkie mixed Maltese, I’m not a big dog person as I was never really around pets growing up. I had a puppy (morkie) for a short period of time and while having her was the absolute best short while, I was absolutely heartbroken when our time together ended. That made me up open up to dogs a little bit more, but I am still quite reserved and as ridiculous as this sounds, I really only like small puppies, and ones that don’t shed- I really only like yorkie puppies. He has always had dogs growing up and definitely is somebody who likes bigger dogs, but he has this thing with French bulldogs- he says “we” can only get a French bulldog whenever it is we do get a puppy (we do not currently have plans to get a puppy.)

We do live together and have been together for well over a few years now. We have an amazing relationship and he really does move mountains to put a smile on my face.

My thing is, I would never not let HIM get the dog he wanted. I want my own little puppy and I really feel as if I wouldn’t be able to love a French bulldog as I don’t really like them I guess? They are cute but I just like what I like? I don’t know why, but even though we have no plans to get a puppy this has been really pissing me off, it is angering me and making me want to surprise him with one :)

TL;DR my boyfriend won’t let me get the kind of puppy that I want when we get a dog, he only wants “us” to get the dog of his choice.

A previous, removed post:
I am in a relationship with somebody who use to be my best friend’s dad!

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

LadyPictureShow posted:

Me [25F] with my boyfriend [26M] together 2,5 years, talks non-stop about cum-town. It's boring me to bits

https://thehardtimes.net/blog/found-cum-town-episodes-boyfriends-phone-id-rather-just-cheating/

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Xik posted:

That was really cute in an endearing dumb teenager way... but then I hit the spoilers and he's a gross incel assclown. That's a shame.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

LadyPictureShow posted:

:murder:

Run girl, don’t even put on sneakers just bolt it now.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Get a dragon dildo, adorned with runes of power...

AITA not caring that I "brought demons into the house"?

I (24F) live with an older roommate (62F). We both are equals on the lease. We don't really talk much because all she cares about is her religion and every time I try to hang out with her she brings the conversation back to jesus which gets really annoying so I just do my own thing and only interact with her regarding household issues.

Last week I had a few friends over in my room for some drinks and one brought an ouija board. Roommate saw my friend holding the box and said to absolutely not even think about using that here. I said not to worry and that the box just had art stuff in it and we were just going to paint. She asked to see and I said nah because it has some personal art in it and went into my room and locked the door. This was a complete lie but I just didn't feel like dealing with her jesus bullshit.

Anyway after getting a bit tipsy we decided to break out the ouija board. We had fun but obviously nothing spooky happened bc ghosts aren't real. Eventually everyone went home and I went to bed. Friend said I could keep the ouija board because she didn't want to have to lug it home.

Next morning I wake up to loud knocking on my door. I answer and it was my roommate. She said she knows we had a seance and that I need to do something about it. I asked what she expected me to do and she said to come with her to her church and meet with her pastor and then we'd invite him back to bless the place. I told her I don't care if she has her pastor over but I'm hungover and I'm going back to bed. She said that doesn't matter and I "need" to come right now and I just shut the door and locked it in the middle of her talking because I didn't really want to hear any more of her nonsense.

Woke up a couple of hours later for real just in time to hear my roommate and her pastor come home. I heard them talking and moving around my house and could smell incense burning so I figured they were just doing their ritual. I wanted to wait in my room for them to leave but I really needed to use the toilet so I waited for them to move out of the hallway so I could slip into the bathroom without interacting with them. I took my key to lock my door behind me just in case they tried sneaking in while I was in the toilet.

No such luck though as the second I left my room my roommate almost ran across the house to intercept me. She demanded I let the pastor into my room to bless it. I said no and locked my door and ignored her and her pastors protests as I was going to and from the bathroom.

That was a week ago and now every time I leave my room she starts passive aggressively praying at me and saying I brought demons into the house. I think she just needs to get over it but I think she might be severely mentally ill because she keeps saying how objects in the house will move on their own. I feel bad because she started hallucinating because of her religion but also I'm not going to encourage her delusions by pretending her religion or demons are real. AITA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Xik posted:

The music for Institutionalized by Suicidal Tendencies started playing in my head part way through reading this