Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

GNU Order posted:

I saw the Robert Cop remake today. It was ok. B/B-. Go see it maybe? I donno

Remember when there was that scene where Gary Oldman explained that strong emotions could interfere with the prosthetics? Or that bit when Robocop woke up for the first time and said he could still feel his body and Gary Odlman's asian friend said that he was experiencing Phantom limb syndrome? or when Gary Oldman set up his brain so when Robocop was in combat mode the computer was in complete control but fooled Robocop into thinking he was in control?

There was a lot in that movie that could have been cool but was literally never mentioned again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

Crow Jane posted:

I have. I still get sad when I think about Joe Strummer. And The Jesus and Mary Chain also rule

Have you experienced Straight to Hell?

Exactly! When he tears up at the end it breaks my heart. If you don't have the Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros posthumous album "Streetcore", you should. It's one of my top ten CDs of all time. It's incredible and heartbreaking at the same time.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

boom boom boom posted:

Remember when there was that scene where Gary Oldman explained that strong emotions could interfere with the prosthetics? Or that bit when Robocop woke up for the first time and said he could still feel his body and Gary Odlman's asian friend said that he was experiencing Phantom limb syndrome? or when Gary Oldman set up his brain so when Robocop was in combat mode the computer was in complete control but fooled Robocop into thinking he was in control?

There was a lot in that movie that could have been cool but was literally never mentioned again.

I wouldn't buy that for a dollar :iamafag:

e- i was expecting much worse generic action movie garbage and I'm impressed they even tried to touch on free will and morality stuff but yeah it was like psych 101 stuff or just completely glossed over

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Bought a new sweatshirt for ¥500 today.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

poopkitty posted:

Bought a new sweatshirt for ¥500 today.

last time my mother was in chinatown she bought a shirt emblazoned with a picture of a horse in an indian feather headdress and the word RESPONSIBILITY' (including the apostrophe)

i wish i had a photo of it, i wanted to buy one too but they only had one on the shelf

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

poopkitty posted:

Still worship PG. And Genesis. (Selling England by the Pound is my fave album of theirs.) Also love Phil. Jesus he knows me is my fave video of all time. XTC Dear God is awesome. I loved 86. I still love 80's music. It may be insincere, but it reminds me of happiness.

I love all genres, though, except for country. I like some Reba and Dolly and a Johnny Cash song or two but new country is beyond me. So I guess it's just okay. (Oh, and bluegrass is wonderful.)

:corsair::hf::corsair:

I remember the first time I heard Dear God, I got goosebumps. I can't tell if I like 80s music 'cause it was such a formative time for me or if it really was that awesome. Maybe a mixture.

I like old school 50-60s country and I lover Dwight Yoakam. New country just sounds cheesy to me.

I'm finding it hard to find music to buy nowdays. On one hand there's so much out there and it's so accessible (preview is amazing) but there's so much it's tough to sort through it all to figure out what new artists I like.

Lord help me, I just special ordered $100+ worth of manga from Japan.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Tempus Fugit posted:

Exactly! When he tears up at the end it breaks my heart. If you don't have the Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros posthumous album "Streetcore", you should. It's one of my top ten CDs of all time. It's incredible and heartbreaking at the same time.

I've heard the album at a friend's, need to actually pick it up for myself

And i didn't mean the song Straight to Hell, I meant the spaghetti western. Starring Strummer, 80's Courtney Love, Elvis Costello, and all of The Pogues. With cameos by Dennis Hopper and Grace Jones. It's really violent and is set in a town obsessed with coffee. At one point the entire cast forms a conga line to sing a song about hot dog condiments.

It's... something. I suspect a lot of drugs were involved

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
i got some decent pens and now inking isnt too bad i guess

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

that's not a real animal, that's some sort of jim henson wizardry

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

I find this dog gross. No idea why.

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

Crow Jane posted:

And i didn't mean the song Straight to Hell, I meant the spaghetti western. Starring Strummer, 80's Courtney Love, Elvis Costello, and all of The Pogues. With cameos by Dennis Hopper and Grace Jones. It's really violent and is set in a town obsessed with coffee. At one point the entire cast forms a conga line to sing a song about hot dog condiments.

It's... something. I suspect a lot of drugs were involved

Holy poo poo, I had no idea! I feel like a terrible fan that I don't know about that. Gonna find it

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
animals that usually have fur look weird when shaved

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I just found out that scientists figured out that our fingers and toes get all pruny in the bath because it makes it way easier to hold onto wet or submerged items.

that's neat.

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

Crow Jane posted:

Yeah, you really should! Ramshackle Day Parade is one of my fav songs of all time

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Tempus Fugit posted:

Holy poo poo, I had no idea! I feel like a terrible fan that I don't know about that. Gonna find it

You may want to go in intoxicated. It's not a good movie at all, but you'll laugh your rear end off. Elvis Costello is the town butler

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

boom boom boom posted:

animals that usually have fur look weird when shaved

Can concur. I used to shave my northern breed catte in the summer in California. She liked it but looked really silly.

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

poopkitty posted:

I find this dog gross. No idea why.

Cuz it looks like Matthew Mcconaughey?

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

Crow Jane posted:

You may want to go in intoxicated. It's not a good movie at all, but you'll laugh your rear end off. Elvis Costello is the town butler

Sounds like a good weekend project for next week.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Tempus Fugit posted:

Cuz it looks like Matthew Mcconaughey?

More like Iggy Pop.

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

poopkitty posted:

More like Iggy Pop.

Good call

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
That's not a dog it's a Fraggle.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Tempus Fugit posted:

Sounds like a good weekend project for next week.

Don't say I didn't warn you. But tell me what you think, almost no one has seen it. Probably for good reason.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
goin to brush my cat, wish me luck :gonk:

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Fruity Gordo posted:

goin to brush my cat, wish me luck :gonk:

Does catte not like brush? Mine will brush himself if he finds a brush. And my little one (human) will brush him with her own brush. Gross.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

I just found out that scientists figured out that our fingers and toes get all pruny in the bath because it makes it way easier to hold onto wet or submerged items.

that's neat.

what

that's really cool, is there an article on this? it makes so much sense (fingers are currently pruny due to shower)

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

Crow Jane posted:

Don't say I didn't warn you. But tell me what you think, almost no one has seen it. Probably for good reason.

Just watched the first 5 minutes on Amazon prime. It's amazing. If I didn't know better I'd say Tarantino saw it before writing Pulp Fiction. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

poopkitty posted:

Does catte not like brush? Mine will brush himself if he finds a brush. And my little one (human) will brush him with her own brush. Gross.

she haaaaaates it. i just spent 15 minutes brushing her and she cried pitifully the whole time then wriggled free and hid under a dresser. she still needs like another half hour of brushing bc ive put it off too long and she's hocking up a million hairballs every day :argh:

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Tempus Fugit posted:

Just watched the first 5 minutes on Amazon prime. It's amazing. If I didn't know better I'd say Tarantino saw it before writing Pulp Fiction. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

Tarantino definitely would've seen it. Alex Cox was a pretty influential indie director (Repo Man and Sid & Nancy) and Straight To Hell was a video store cult favorite in the 80s.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Portals posted:

what

that's really cool, is there an article on this? it makes so much sense (fingers are currently pruny due to shower)

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-do-our-fingers-and-toes-wrinkle-during-a-bath/

score one for the wading ape hypothesis

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

t_violet posted:

Tarantino definitely would've seen it. Alex Cox was a pretty influential indie director (Repo Man and Sid & Nancy) and Straight To Hell was a video store cult favorite in the 80s.

Yeah, I remembered Sid and Nancy but forgot he did Repo Man. Surprised I haven't seen it, I was an 80s kid who was in to all things Clash. Thanks ladies thread!

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
update: my chin is bleeding but i have divested mjy cat of about a cup of fur. thank you for reading about my catbrushing advemnture

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Fruity Gordo posted:

catbrushing advemnture

thank you for the video game idea

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Torka posted:

thank you for the video game idea
It can be a spinoff of catlateral damage.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Sabel posted:

I'm imagining a kinect game of some kind

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Torka posted:

I'm imagining a kinect game of some kind
http://orteil.dashnet.org/gamegen

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Sabel posted:

All part of the Catastrophe Series.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

so kind of like that minigame in no more heroes where you pet your cat's tummy as fast as you can to make it lose weight

e:

Portals fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Feb 17, 2014

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
when you brush the cats belly you have to keep moving your chin out of the way when she tries to get at you like a snapping turtle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Portals posted:

so kind of like that minigame in no more heroes where you pet your cat's tummy as fast as you can to make it lose weight
it'll be like that anime bathtub girl poking game with that RULES OF NATURE song just because

• Locked thread