Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
my ex: i made a music video and put in on youtube let me show you

me: ok one sec *slings my CUM commercial onto the TV*

me: wow i cant believe the adblock i bought covers your music video thats amazing im so happy that im supporting you

edit: whoops wrong thread oh well ill leav eit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

FilthyImp posted:

The poster is insinuating that you're using a 'Not ALL men' defense.

Ah, that would have done it then. Not my intention at all.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

MasBrillante posted:

But it seems like none of you can accept that your dick is normal and also that men and their relationships with each other are their primary source of “knowledge” about what is adequate but it is women who are supposed to indulge this, lol.

nobody wants to be considered just "adequate" by their partner fyi

"is my dick good?"
"it's adequate"

"do i look pretty?"
"adequately so"

even if you are just normal you still want your partner to think you're at least better than the 50th percentile.

in the specific case under discussion the guy spied on his wife's text messages to find out what she thought of his dick so he brought it on himself but i hope you're not suggesting that people should just be blunt about their partner's perceived weaknesses

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
wait till my friend biggus dickus hears about this thread

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Okay guys, thanks for the responses; they have been interesting. Especially the insinuation that I don’t care about male body dysmorphia because I think that the obsession with penis size is one that you all subject each other to but blame women for. Obviously if I don’t agree with the source of your insecurities I think they are “funny.” More like they are dangerous for women partners of men.

But we aren’t going to agree. So like I said, interesting responses thanks.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sagebrush posted:

"is my dick good?"
"it's adequate"

"do i look pretty?"
"adequately so"

even if you are just normal you still want your partner to think you're at least better than the 50th percentile.

in the specific case under discussion the guy spied on his wife's text messages to find out what she thought of his dick so he brought it on himself but i hope you're not suggesting that people should just be blunt about their partner's perceived weaknesses

No but that’s not the context so why should I have to clarify that I’m not referring to this silly hypothetical?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

"is my dick good?"
"it's adequate"

"do i look pretty?"
"adequately so"

This was the premise to a great episode of News Radio where Phil Hartman's boss owns the radio station and the magazine that reviews them and Hartman's character has a complete meltdown over being described as adequate.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
It seems pretty normal for either gender to get upset if their partner says "I wish this uncontrollable aspect about them was more to my liking but I can settle" but leave it to the posters of the relationships thread to take the brave stance that you're the most enlightened person on the planet

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pirate Radar posted:

Ah, that would have done it then. Not my intention at all.

That was it and if it wasn’t your intention, sorry for snapping. But that kind of is how it came off.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

MasBrillante posted:

No but that’s not the context so why should I have to clarify that I’m not referring to this silly hypothetical?

cause you really do like to generalize things to "men" instead of "man" so clarification is often important.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Squashing Machine posted:

It seems pretty normal for either gender to get upset if their partner says "I wish this uncontrollable aspect about them was more to my liking but I can settle"

I agree with this.

Nuking the relationship isn't the correct response but people can make some rash choices when presented with something like this. I'm going to say he isn't going to go through with it but still I can kinda understand.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Xik posted:

wait till my friend biggus dickus hears about this thread
Ugh, that guy's such a chode!

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

It seems pretty normal for either gender to get upset if their partner says "I wish this uncontrollable aspect about them was more to my liking but I can settle" but leave it to the posters of the relationships thread to take the brave stance that you're the most enlightened person on the planet

yeah like it's unreasonable that that guy immediately went straight to divorce, but it's not crazy that someone would get upset by that. if his wife had found messages where he said "i wish her pussy was tighter but it's fine", she'd probably be upset

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
My dick is non-Euclidian and drives mad anyone who gazes upon it by making onlookers realize that reality is not as concrete as they assumed. However, it hits my husband's prostate just right and it's not like he can see it while I'm loving him so he's perfectly fine with how our sexual union spawns eldritch horrors that defy understanding. We are fine with it. Just make poo poo work with you and your partner and stop thinking about other guys penises.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sagebrush posted:

cause you really do like to generalize things to "men" instead of "man" so clarification is often important.

Yeah unlike all the generalizations of every other group in this thread, we can’t have that!

Can a British person please weigh in because I’m pretty loving sure “decent enough” does not mean “substandard” or “barely adequate” or any of the other things you all are making up. And THAT was my point.

If a man has a 4 inch penis, he’s well loving entitled to be insecure about it. But you 5.5 inch dick having, 5’8” men don’t need therapy or more empathetic partners, you need someone to call out your toxic masculinity before it psychologically destroys you all.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

I agree with this.

Nuking the relationship isn't the correct response but people can make some rash choices when presented with something like this. I'm going to say he isn't going to go through with it but still I can kinda understand.

Yeah, you tend to find what you're looking for when you snoop and it's probably a silly thing to go nuclear over, but people tend to get really upset when they get implicitly criticized by their partner over something they have no control over and the joking tack because it's about dick size just goes to reinforce all the lovely programming we've gotten about it

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MasBrillante posted:

Can a British person please weigh in because I’m pretty loving sure “decent enough” does not mean “substandard” or “barely adequate” or any of the other things you all are making up. And THAT was my point.

They should be waking up soon so we will know soon enough.

I have spent plenty of time in England though and decent enough means "OK" not good not great.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Like if your partner can't touch or feel your dick without feeling a piece of their sanity permanently slipping away then I don't know what to say to you, bro. Try harder?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

MasBrillante posted:

I suppose I should say "sorry for using a term meant to show how ridiculous that guy was being" ?

quote:

If a man has a 4 inch penis, he’s well loving entitled to be insecure about it.
:captainpop:

I mean I kid but that's basically the guy's waking nightmare committed to text.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

MasBrillante posted:

Yeah unlike all the generalizations of every other group in this thread, we can’t have that!

If a man has a 4 inch penis, he’s well loving entitled to be insecure about it. But you 5.5 inch dick having, 5’8” men don’t need therapy or more empathetic partners, you need someone to call out your toxic masculinity before it psychologically destroys you all.

:yikes:

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
this thread is decent enough

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

MasBrillante posted:

Using "toxic masculinity" as a cover for some sort of "I'm such a good guy, look at me" pecking order thing is a pretty sad, dude

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

MasBrillante posted:

I am the Queen 'erslef's chief librarian and chimney sweep oi I'am and I dance a merry jig, to boot.

And 'ere in the Queen's Island we calls'em birds we do.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

datajugend posted:

Thats disgusting. "Hey son. I have wanted to gently caress your gf since she was sixteen and now i finally did it. All is good here, love dad"

"Wait why are you shunning me, why are you shunning her? I DID YOU A FAVOR"

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FilthyImp posted:

I suppose I should say "sorry for using a term meant to show how ridiculous that guy was being" ?

:captainpop:

I mean I kid but that's basically the guy's waking nightmare committed to text.

Sagebrush posted:

house of the dad posted:

Yeah, anyone with a normal sized dick is going to say "heh yeah what's the big deal" but anyone with a dick they consider abnormal or subpar is going to find a lot of anxiety or pain in it.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Using "toxic masculinity" as a cover for some sort of "I'm such a good guy, look at me" pecking order thing is a pretty sad, dude

Welcome to the thread, I am a woman which is precisely by everyone is upset.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I suppose the thing is that Mas is correct in that it's one of those dumb guy things that we subject each pther to, but it also probably traces back to the awkwardness of puberty and anxieties about being normal. That's probably why it cuts deep with so many guys.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MasBrillante posted:

I really don't think they are upset by that TBH.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

MasBrillante posted:

Then it's doubly sad because you're telling men how they should feel about things that you obviously don't have a personal stake or grasp on.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FilthyImp posted:

I suppose the thing is that Mas is correct in that it's one of those dumb guy things that we subject each pther to, but it also probably traces back to the awkwardness of puberty and anxieties about being normal. That's probably why it cuts deep with so many guys.

Okay but then how is the solution to this for heterosexual guys to either hold their partners to an impossible
standard where they are never allowed to express anything short of enthusiastic adulation for their partner’s penis in private conversation help men? How are men helped by asking women to “empathize more” with something that we can’t do anything about when men could do something about it by changing the cultural conversation around penises?

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

Hey dude. Just crushed a couple beers. Wish my girlfriend's vagina was tighter but, haha, you know, good enough. See you at Summer Slam

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Then it's doubly sad because you're telling men how they should feel about things that you obviously don't have a personal stake or grasp on.

I do have a personal stake in this because you are not asking men to do this emotional labor, you’re asking women to do it. And it’s sad that you all can’t see that. It’s also sad how you all gang up without fail on any woman that expresses any opinion about a “men’s issue” even though women are fair game in this thread. And this thread is mostly men but you all either participate in that or silently watch it happen. It’s gross.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

MasBrillante posted:

Okay but then how is the solution to this for heterosexual guys to either hold their partners to an impossible
standard where they are never allowed to express anything short of enthusiastic adulation for their partner’s penis in private conversation help men? How are men helped by asking women to “empathize more” with something that we can’t do anything about when men could do something about it by changing the cultural conversation around penises?

i don't think anyone's blaming her for expressing that or saying that it's her responsibility to tell him his dick is the most amazing she's ever had. at least i'm not. and nobody's disputing that toxic masculinity contributes to men feeling like they have to be the best sex their partner's ever had. the point i was trying to convey is "it's understandable, if not completely justified, that he would be upset after seeing those messages." if you found out your partner told someone that your vagina was too loose, wouldn't you be upset, even if by all objective standards it was normal sized?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i don't think that "i want my life partner to feel that i'm better than than a coin-toss" is a uniquely male thing

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hey dude. Just crushed a couple beers. Wish my girlfriend's vagina was tighter but, haha, you know, good enough. See you at Summer Slam

Yeah totally the same as “don’t you wish your wife’s vagina was better?” “nah man sometimes i wish it was tighter but it’s good.” “but like don’t you just wish? you should divorce her”

Also you all think that women act like this about our vaginas because YOU feel this way about your penises. In reality boys have been telling girls their vaginas are disgusting hallways that everyone gangbangs since we went to elementary school.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

MasBrillante posted:

I do have a personal stake in this because you are not asking men to do this emotional labor, you’re asking women to do it. And it’s sad that you all can’t see that. It’s also sad how you all gang up without fail on any woman that expresses any opinion about a “men’s issue” even though women are fair game in this thread. And this thread is mostly men but you all either participate in that or silently watch it happen. It’s gross.

Again with the buzzwords, it's not "emotional labor" for someone to not say unkind things about their partners' bodies to their friends. You're playing cover.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I developed a lot of good listening habits in my adolescence and early adult life due to a gross overestimation of "average size" and I'd venture to say outside some real wide boundaries, size is all but meaningless in lieu of actually being attentive and making an effort

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

I developed a lot of good listening habits in my adolescence and early adult life due to a gross overestimation of "average size" and I'd venture to say outside some real wide boundaries, size is all but meaningless in lieu of actually being attentive and making an effort

no, shut up, this is the thread for stupid posts only

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goethe.cx posted:

i don't think anyone's blaming her for expressing that or saying that it's her responsibility to tell him his dick is the most amazing she's ever had. at least i'm not. and nobody's disputing that toxic masculinity contributes to men feeling like they have to be the best sex their partner's ever had. the point i was trying to convey is "it's understandable, if not completely justified, that he would be upset after seeing those messages." if you found out your partner told someone that your vagina was too loose, wouldn't you be upset, even if by all objective standards it was normal sized?

She didn’t say it was too small. She said sometimes she wishes it were bigger. Sometimes. I disagree that it is reasonable to find this to be earth shattering, even if you are socialIzed to do so. This is not the same as thinking men are “stupid,” “sensitive” or whatever else. Mostly I wish you would do better by each other so you can do better by us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Again with the buzzwords, it's not "emotional labor" for someone to not say unkind things about their partners' bodies to their friends. You're playing cover.

Emotional labor is not a buzzword just because it’s mainly used by women. If you can’t talk without telling me which phrases to use, I have nothing to say to you because that’s childish.