Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

uncurable mlady posted:

i like the idea of taking calls on the watch because i don't have an in-car bt

put your phone on the dash and turn on the speakerphone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

uncurable mlady posted:

i like the idea of taking calls on the watch because i don't have an in-car bt

how would that be significantly better than using speaker phone with your phone in the cupholder like the rest of the cavemen with no integrated bt audio?

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Pissflaps posted:

no, because the people who thought that the iphone and ipad were good products have been proven correct

Pissflaps posted:

the iphone did nothing that other devices couldnt already do: it just did them better, and packaged them in such a way that people wanted to own the product

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
JESUS CHRIST YOURE ALL AWFUL

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

:rip: my friend garph

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ive gone ahead and reopened this fail thread so the Apple Zealots ITF can continue to make really bad posts ITT for my schadenfreude-ic amusement

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

the dick tracyphone is so you can have a five second conversation while jogging in place immediately before going for your daily run, duh

it's like you don't even watch the commercials, man

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Smythe posted:

ive gone ahead and reopened this fail thread so the Apple Zealots ITF can continue to make really bad posts ITT for my schadenfreude-ic amusement

there's only like one guy defending it now, and his heart's not really in it.

you probed pissflaps and cremnob hosed off after getting flamed out of yet another thread

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

infernal machines posted:

there's only like one guy defending it now, and his heart's not really in it.

you probed pissflaps and cremnob hosed off after getting flamed out of yet another thread

theyll come back

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
what happened to homekit?????

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Smythe posted:

theyll come back

~the patient hunter~

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

PuTTY riot posted:

what happened to homekit?????

probably going into more detail at WWDC, it really isn't a thing everyday people give a gently caress about

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
ban cremnob :toot:

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Smythe posted:

would be cool to replace all ports on all things with usb-c tho i guess. what if all plugs were same? cool.

I think apple has proven with the New MacBook and with the Lightning connector that using a single "smart plug" is a viable option with today's technology.

we live in very exciting times my friend

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

echinopsis posted:

god what a bunch of fuckin losers on these last few pages Jesus Christ

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Elder Postsman posted:

I think apple has proven with the New MacBook and with the Lightning connector that using a single "smart plug" is a viable option with today's technology.

lightning connector has been a dead-end technology for hours. why even mention it?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the time share computers were computers for universities and labs

the desktop computer was a computer for your desk

the laptop computer is a computer for your lap or other surface

the iPhone was a computer in your pocket

the iPad was an iPhone for your lap

the apple watch is a computer for your wrist

when computers change form factors its a big deal because it affects when and where we can do things requiring computation

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

calculator watches have existed since the 1980s at least

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

infernal machines posted:

calculator watches have existed since the 1980s at least

and like smartwatches, theyve also been the sole domain of sweaty nerds and children

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

:thumbsup:

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

could calculator watches let you draw a lovely flower. thought not.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i wonder if the use of wrist tilts to look at and respond to messages while driving will be worse than people directly using their phones, proportionally speaking

i mean at least both hands are on the wheel but i can't imagine it's that much better?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Elder Postsman posted:

ya but only apple things had lightning. i have a lot of non apple things and i dont just mean like at home. like in the booth there are 999999999999999999999999 kinds of cables. i dont mean special ones like we got a lot of xlr or 1/4" but like firewire and poo poo. what a fail.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
USB ftw is what im saying i guess

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

triple sulk posted:

i wonder if the use of wrist tilts to look at and respond to messages while driving will be worse than people directly using their phones, proportionally speaking

i mean at least both hands are on the wheel but i can't imagine it's that much better?

when they flip out trying to get the tilt to register and light up the screen while staring at their wrist instead of the road it's sure the schoolchildren they mow down at the crosswalk will be just as dead

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

zen death robot posted:

the apple watch still requires an iphone so its just an accessory

:o oholy poo poo :how: :wow: it's just an accessory!!?!????!

someone spread the news

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Smythe posted:

like firewire and poo poo. what a fail.

firewire is the interface for digital pros smythe, that's how you know you've arrived

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

maniacdevnull posted:

lightning connector has been a dead-end technology for hours. why even mention it?

yeah i would be really surprised if they didnt kill it off in favor of usb type c

lightning is only usb 2 ffs

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

PleasureKevin posted:

the time share computers were computers for universities and labs

the desktop computer was a computer for your desk

the laptop computer is a computer for your lap or other surface

the iPhone was a computer in your pocket

the iPad was an iPhone for your lap

the apple watch is a computer for your wrist

when computers change form factors its a big deal because it affects when and where we can do things requiring computation

this is a really bad post kevin

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
kevin is a really bad poster

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

hello everybody i've ignored the event for most of the day

does the watch do morse code

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Just found out my boss is going to give me 50% the cost of an apple watch normal. I was going to buy one anyways, but now I am much happier about this.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

zen death robot posted:

its def not a 'computer for your wrist' that 'affects when and where we can do things requiring computation'

retard

it was against everyone who is saying so. i wasnt shunning you, i was agreeing with you

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

duTrieux. posted:

hello everybody i've ignored the event for most of the day

does the watch do morse code

yes

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Dirk Pitt posted:

Just found out my boss is going to give me 50% the cost of an apple watch normal. I was going to buy one anyways, but now I am much happier about this.
oh good so now you can have no excuse for not instantly responding to an email

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Linguica posted:

oh good so now you can have no excuse for not instantly responding to an email

He wants "an app."

• Locked thread