Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

He wins at being Krang if Krang had a real body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

neato burrito posted:

He wins at being Krang if Krang had a real body.

Now that you mention, the resemblance between him and Krang is striking.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Arrhythmia posted:

It's loving bullshit AJ pulled this bankruptcy schtick and took away my fun time circus.

Nah he didn’t do anything (so far) to interrupt the current trial.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

Nah he didn’t do anything (so far) to interrupt the current trial.

Because that would immediately make it bad faith stalling, whereas now its just bad faith hiding money among family members in the hopes of playing a shell game with the courts for years. I'm not sure if the judge in the trial will act tomorrow on it. I can't imagine much gets done on the weekends re: filing stuff.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Xiahou Dun posted:

Now that you mention, the resemblance between him and Krang is striking.

His brain being in his stomach might explain the chili-memory phenomena.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

wit posted:

Because that would immediately make it bad faith stalling, whereas now its just bad faith hiding money among family members in the hopes of playing a shell game with the courts for years. I'm not sure if the judge in the trial will act tomorrow on it. I can't imagine much gets done on the weekends re: filing stuff.

As mentioned earlier, it fucks with his other trials, in addition to the shell gaming.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

wit posted:

They filed the notice of removal in the CT court, though. That trial was about to begin. They would have filed here in TX if they were going to. Plenty of filing happens on the weekends when you’re dealing with emergencies.

The trial judge is proceeding with the trial. The interesting thing tomorrow morning is the hearing in front of the bankruptcy judge so that the trial can actually continue. Technically, even though they did not file the removal notice, the stay still applies.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Mr. Nice! posted:

They filed the notice of removal in the CT court, though. That trial was about to begin. They would have filed here in TX if they were going to. Plenty of filing happens on the weekends when you’re dealing with emergencies.

There's in fact a part of Kit Daniels' deposition where he tries to law-splain to the lawyer (I forgot if it was Mark or Bill) about how the court universally takes weekends off, hyup, law stuff never happens on weekends.

It doesn't go well for him.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

At some point I hope the clip of Alex Jones in "A Scanner Darkly" just because it would be so random.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

loving Moron posted:

At some point I hope the clip of Alex Jones in "A Scanner Darkly" just because it would be so random.

Alex Jones was in A Scanner Darkly??

Holy poo poo he was! I had no idea who the gently caress this is back then of course. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bliFkRnN6e4

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Most famously, Alex Jones was the original actor planned to play Starlord in Guardians of the Galaxy but was unable to do it because of the Globalists

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

Grand Fromage posted:

Most famously, Alex Jones was the original actor planned to play Starlord in Guardians of the Galaxy but was unable to do it because of the Globalists

Please tell me this a thing he actually says

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Robo Reagan posted:

alex jones is the embodiment of whitness so yeah probably

I'd differ inasmuch as he's a Gammon.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Please tell me this a thing he actually says

Knowledge Fight episode 433 if you want to hear it straight from the source

E: https://knowledgefight.libsyn.com/433-may-12-13-2020 start at 30 min

Grand Fromage fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jul 31, 2022

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

There's no reason to ever make up poo poo about Alex, nothing could be better than what he actually says

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
There was a guy in the Freep thread that claimed to be responsible for the entire MCU. He said he greenlit Iron Man when no one wanted RDJ. It was probably that guy that wanted Alex

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

mobby_6kl posted:

Holy poo poo he was! I had no idea who the gently caress this is back then of course. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bliFkRnN6e4

:wtf:

I’m looking at Alex Jones IMBD filmography and it sure is something.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
I feel like insofar as this story could be true, he would have been considered for Dave Bautista's character.

wit
Jul 26, 2011
He's babbling a bit more than usual - like he's always spouting batshit - but he's been really laying it on thick recently. Presumably he wants to go the route of "I say *such* crazy poo poo, clearly people don't take it seriously." sort of like he did when he broke kayfabe to keep his kids. He's now angrily screaming about future wars with robots and interdimensional travel. Its contrived as gently caress at this point.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

mobby_6kl posted:

Linklater was an Austin native so he knew Jones from the mid-90s on as a dude who would yell a ton on a bullhorn and cable access

He also had the film shot in Austin, so that kind of perfectly explains how Jones got hired

Fart Dumbass
May 31, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

loving Moron posted:

it annoys me that he's in it because i love this movie for a lot of reasons but I can't help but admit that he was loving perfect for the role

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

mobby_6kl posted:

Feelin' pretty sorry for the artist that had to interpret AJ's face, frame by frame, to draw the black line over where his imaginary jaw line would be if his neck wasn't so freakishly large.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Cat Puke posted:

I feel like insofar as this story could be true, he would have been considered for Dave Bautista's character.

He used to lift like Dave. Well, maybe not quite like Dave.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
And now, globalists

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

Linklater was an Austin native so he knew Jones from the mid-90s on as a dude who would yell a ton on a bullhorn and cable access

He also had the film shot in Austin, so that kind of perfectly explains how Jones got hired

I wonder if Linklater feels any regret about his role in making Alex Jones a big name

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
I'm going to quote an old post of mine to sum up my feelings about Jones:

Obsidianheart posted:

I was ambivalent to Alex Jones, knowing nothing outside of "he's like Art Bell for people interested in politics" and that he's the nutjob abducted by the unmarked van in A Scanner Darkly. Then he started popping up more and more in my facebook feed after Sandy Hook, and it was all posts by people I considered crazy to begin with. Then details of his divorce started leaking, and I lol'd at the 'bowl of chili'.

And then NPR did a piece on the man, the myth, the legend. It featured such magnificent segments as a detailed interview with one of the Sandy Hook parents who made it his mission in life to fight back against all the psychotic disinformation coming out of Infowars. It also featured a debunking of Alex Jones's personal superhero origin story, where he repeatedly claims he outed a police officer doing an anti-drug assembly as a drug dealer in front of the whole school and got expelled because of it. But then it turns out that what actually happened was he beat up a classmate so badly the guy was permanently disabled, and then that classmate's friends invited Jones to a party where they proceeded to gang up on him and beat the poo poo out of him, so his parents pulled him out of school (after his dad presented the disabled classmate with a book about how it is wrong to sue people). They asked Jones about this directly, and he did a lot of stuttering and disjointed denial.

At that point, I went from having no interest in Jones, to hating his weaselly black guts.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I always thought Trump was kind of an idiot and I definitely didn’t vote for him but what got me to loving hate him was when he took advantage of when one of my high school friends was killed and then he demonized their family and sic’ed the chud army on them. poo poo was and is absolutely unforgivable and I’m sitting here still angry about it

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Obsidianheart posted:

I'm going to quote an old post of mine to sum up my feelings about Jones:

There’s a poo poo ton more detail if you want to get into Knowledge Fight, but that’s pretty representative, yeah.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
https://www.thisamericanlife.org/670/beware-the-jabberwock
I find this American life episode from 2019 to be a really good introduction to this whole situation and it might be worth adding to the op. They interview Lenny Pozner and goes into the harassment and stuff and it also goes a bit into Alex Jones early life.

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 1, 2022

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Confusedslight posted:

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/670/beware-the-jabberwock
I find this American life episode from 2019 to be a really good introduction to this whole situation and it might be worth adding to the op. They interview Lenny Pozner and goes into the harassment and stuff and it also goes a bit into Alex Jones early life.

This was it. This was the thing I heard.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

twerking on the railroad posted:

I wonder if Linklater feels any regret about his role in making Alex Jones a big name

I think his reaction from the last interviews from a few years ago with him where he was asked about it, ended up being more utter bafflement and bemusement over Jones's rise.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Grand Fromage posted:

This guy sounds like a slightly more right wing Hulk Hogan tbh.

Hulk Hogan has claimed, among other things...
- to have been scouted by the Red Sox and Yankees and being a Hall of Fame level baseballer
- to have been offered a spot in Metallica but turning it down
- to have auditioned to play in the Rolling Stones when one of their guys quit
- to have wrestled "400 days in a year", by wrestling in the USA, then using the time difference to fly back to Japan to wrestle again in the same day (think about this for a second)
- to have fought and beaten a bunch of PRIDE MMA fighters in a street fight
- to have wrestled at Summerslam 92, seen an empty seat in the crowd and known that it was a Hulkamaniac who had died. He then wrote a song about it. Hulk Hogan did not wrestle at Summerslam 92.

What is it with these right wing gammons and making up this outlandish poo poo?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Grand Fromage posted:

This makes it extra funny that the closest he’s actually come to being in Marvel is the new iteration of J. Jonah Jameson being a riff on him. I remember that pissed him off, but also he was complaining that he tried to go watch No Way Home and the mall was closed (because of a shooting, I think) and he didn’t get to see the movie, so he was also angrily demanding to see pictures of Spider-Man.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist, too. If there is ANY (ANY AT ALL) truth in the Jones story with GOTG, I kind of suspect the following:

To my understanding, Gunn came on to do some stuff to the script after an initial draft had been written by someone else. The other writer's associations and what not I'm not even remotely aware of, though.

HOWEVER, Gunn seems to have been a guy who had his hand in writing a lot of different kinds of genre stuff and seems like from the late 90s-2008 would have been aware of Jones and he might have had some interaction with people in the film scene who similarly had some interaction/knowledge of Jones from that time. (I think Brightburn even ends with a Jones-like figure played by Michael Rooker, so he was at least familiar more recently.)

I can imagine Gunn might have floated a 'super hero movie' around before getting involved with GOTG, and MAYBE even approached Jones with the pitch and an offer much lower than $3M to be in the movie. (Super DOES comes out a few years after the alleged offer with a budget of a bit under $3M, so it's possible in some way that Jones heard "$3M" and assumed it was meant for him. Super apparently has a character named 'Quill' in it, as well, and also features Michael Rooker.)

GOTG eventually comes out and Jones perhaps starts connecting things the wrong way and assumes the '$3M superhero movie' with 'Quill' from Gunn was a comic book 'space fantasy movie' with Quill from Gunn they wanted to pay him $3M to be in.

That's the most plausible concept for this I can come up with outside the, you know, that he's just making it up.

:tinfoil:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Monday, Monday

So, presuming things will kind of go on as planned, the stream will start at 9 Austin Time

Which is
4 AM Honolulu
8 AM LA
10 AM NY
11 AM São Paulo
3 PM London
4 PM Stockholm
5 PM Helsinki
6 PM Addis Ababa
11 PM Tokyo
10 PM Perth
Midnight Sydney
2 AM New Zealand

teen witch fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Aug 1, 2022

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
2am New Zealand time as well! If you are as insane as I am to catch it live on a week day in the middle of the night.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Confusedslight posted:

2am New Zealand time as well! If you are as insane as I am to catch it live on a week day in the middle of the night.

Ooh! Noted!

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

What is it with these right wing gammons and making up this outlandish poo poo?

I suspect making up outlandish poo poo happens as much on the left but its less bravado and more stories of fighting oppression/being a victim. I've a family member who every time you speak to him he's just stopped his car on the way home from work, dived into a river and saved a child or some such. Its not some political illness. People like listening to stories, and people like the attention telling stories gets them.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

wit posted:

I suspect making up outlandish poo poo happens as much on the left but its less bravado and more stories of fighting oppression/being a victim. I've a family member who every time you speak to him he's just stopped his car on the way home from work, dived into a river and saved a child or some such. Its not some political illness. People like listening to stories, and people like the attention telling stories gets them.

Yeah, it’s not necessarily a political trait as we all know a loving endless one-upper type.

Oh you met Billy Joel in a deli once? He wrote a song about me once. It’s called Big Shot, ever hear of it??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

teen witch posted:

Monday, Monday

So, presuming things will kind of go on as planned, the stream will start at 9 Austin Time

Which is
4 AM Honolulu
8 AM LA
10 AM NY
11 AM São Paulo
3 PM London
4 PM Stockholm
5 PM Helsinki
6 PM Addis Ababa
11 PM Tokyo
10 PM Perth
Midnight Sydney
2 AM New Zealand
Isn't LA Pacific Time which is a -2 hour difference from Austin's Central Time?