Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Daman posted:

people aren't spending the majority of their time inspecting your footer ian

I know, someone commented on it so I figured I would put it in. It is still important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

do I need to write a Goatse Warning plugin to install in my browser at work so I don't click on malicious stealth goatses with a bunch of coworkers around???

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

It is not like google is any better: https://www.google.com/#q=useful%25information

hmm what is the correct and cool language in this situation. These points shouldn't spin out of control. 25 points for a table? 100 points for being the first?

Ian McLean fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jul 22, 2015

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

fleshweasel posted:

do I need to write a Goatse Warning plugin to install in my browser at work so I don't click on malicious stealth goatses with a bunch of coworkers around???
yes

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

fleshweasel posted:

no

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

fleshweasel posted:

Yes

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
Here: http://statpedia.com/index.php#!/useful+information

ahhh it truncated the link and now it doesn't work. Plus the "more button" needs to be updated when it's a quick stat.

Ian McLean fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jul 22, 2015

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

graph posted:

if they're doing research under an advisor/faculty there sure as f*** is

booya what about this data?? http://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Ian if you don't get out of this thread I'm gonna put your footer where the sun don't render

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mido posted:

Ian if you don't get out of this thread I'm gonna put your footer where the sun don't render

lol

Ian stop embarrassing yourself but give us some stories about working for wolfram alpha

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Ian McLean posted:

Statpedia points inspired by the lemonade stand!

you're going to be inspired by the profits of a lemonade stand at this rate

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Ian, tell me what Statpedia will be good for using an example.

if I put in "Swedish krona vs us dollar", I get a box with some broken stuff and a link to Wolfram with sort of what I was looking for.

when statpedia isn't just a broken front end for Wolfram Alpha, what would I see if I put in that search?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Ian McLean posted:

It is not like google is any better: https://www.google.com/#q=useful%25information

hmm what is the correct and cool language in this situation. These points shouldn't spin out of control. 25 points for a table? 100 points for being the first?

'today is your lucky day because you get to create content for free that i can profit off'

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
statpedia summed up in one image

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Bloody posted:

here is an iteration

don't do this you idiot

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

fleshweasel posted:

i'll set up the kickstarter

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

Migishu posted:

i'll set up the kickstarter

don't forget the "stretch goals"

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Sweevo posted:

do you remember the 90s?
do you remember laser-tag?
do you think taping an arduino and an old nokia phone lcd to a plastic gun you bought on alibaba.com is the pinnacle of creativity?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/skirmos/skirmos-open-source-laser-tag

guys we've had 18 months and $100k and we're just getting ready to maybe start thinking about approaching manufacturers to begin talks to see who might be able to possibly tape the old phone lcds to the plastic guns for us

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
still never backed anything from kickstarter

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

please share your brilliant plan to monetize data in the public domain

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

daft punk railroad posted:

don't forget the "stretch goals"

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
Also gonna mention Ian, since a project I had been working on for two years was just resolved, dealing with researchers wanting cloud storage and backup for data.

We had to go through all vendors, make sure they played fair with all sorts of grant agreements, make sure the hardware we used had a lease agreement so it was physically under control over the university, obeyed all data security laws via the state, and whole smorgasbord of other bullshit.

Your interface doesn't even work, so somehow I doubt you'd clear that level of scrutiny.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

enotnert posted:

Also gonna mention Ian, since a project I had been working on for two years was just resolved, dealing with researchers wanting cloud storage and backup for data.

We had to go through all vendors, make sure they played fair with all sorts of grant agreements, make sure the hardware we used had a lease agreement so it was physically under control over the university, obeyed all data security laws via the state, and whole smorgasbord of other bullshit.

Your interface doesn't even work, so somehow I doubt you'd clear that level of scrutiny.

you're just a hater. take your meds.

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

graph posted:

you're just a hater. take your meds.

but but but, i did take my meds :-(

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

what about it

that data is only interesting if you are writing machine learning algorithms

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

ian is going to be stinking rich. all those ivory tower academics will be tripping over each other to get their hands on the results of a kid's science fair project or the graph uploaded by BaconSephiroth99 showing how much he hates Trevor for calling him "Dumblebore" and then tripping him up and embarrassing him in front of the girls from Mrs Smiths english class

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Sweevo posted:

ian is going to be stinking rich. all those ivory tower academics will be tripping over each other to get their hands on the results of a kid's science fair project or the graph uploaded by BaconSephiroth99 showing how much he hates Trevor for calling him "Dumblebore" and then tripping him up and embarrassing him in front of the girls from Mrs Smiths english class

Right! :)

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Bloody posted:

what about it

that data is only interesting if you are writing machine learning algorithms

All sorts of stats can be extracted from this data.

I could make a stat on each training set and the success percentage outcome, etc.

For Example: http://statpedia.com/index.php/sear...Mzk=&type=table

Data from the http://www.sigkdd.org/kddcup/index.php

:P

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

lol I tried to scroll that graph on my iPhone and it just endlessly zoomed in go

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

lol I tried to scroll that graph on my iPhone and it just endlessly zoomed in go

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
err. Everything isn't perfect yet. The new version is much more phone friendly.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

weren't you originally kick starting this a year ago with dev times of a few months?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

80 million users by 2015
600 million by 2017

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
a year ago?

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

2012 https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1630905008/statpediacom

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
http://statpedia.com/#!/yospos

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

http://statpedia.com/index.php#!/Operating+System+That+Is+A+Piece+Of+poo poo?article

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks
Does statpedia actually even have a database of stats? everything I try, its ether nothing or pulling a wolfram alpha search.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

• Locked thread