Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

hooman posted:

How can you gently caress up even this Branco.

You make a Bond reference, the easiest reference in the world and you make the loving reference wrong.

"The name's Obama. Barack Obama." Is how you loving do it right jesus christ.

James Bond doesn't say "The name's James. James Bond."

You need to get it straight as well. James Bond doesn't say "the name's". The legendary phrase goess "My name is James Bond. James Hussein Bond."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Nenonen posted:

You need to get it straight as well. James Bond doesn't say "the name's". The legendary phrase goess "My name is James Bond. James Hussein Bond."

My name is James Bond. James Hussein Bond. Pee pee doo doo I am a bad president. *pants fall on ground*

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Worth noting w/r/t that Ramirez cartoon that Obama doesn't remotely look like that and Iran doesn't have a nuclear weapon.

I know, duh, but it helps sometimes to take stock in just how completely wrong Ramirez is about loving everything. And that's before he crosshatches things into oblivion and stumbles over his own feet with metaphor. Wrong, hacky, stupid. Mike Ramirez.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Maybe Obama is messing up the quote because Obama is dumb you think of that dummies?

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

MissEchelon posted:

Foreign Minister Julie Bishop also presented Pope's "He drew first" cartoon as a gift to Charlie Hebdo when she was in France. Here's the cartoon Pope drew about that:

I know basically nothing about Australian politics, but drat Pope's drawings are some of the most consistently pleasant things to look at in this thread. Look at those cartoonists just lounging there.. with a bucket full of baguettes.

:allears:

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Its the best of concern trolling.

"But what about the biiiiiiiirds??? :qq: *dumps chemicals into river.*"

"How can he claim to care about birds when he himself is made of birds builds structures himself????????????????????? Move back into a hole in a tree you hippie!"

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

FishBulb posted:

Maybe Obama is messing up the quote because Obama is dumb you think of that dummies?

I was actually going to say that, knowing Branco it's supposed to be "Obama is so dumb he can't even make a James Bond reference right because everything he does is stupid and wrong."

It's Branco, so it's hard to tell if this one's a result of him being an idiot or just bad.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Twelve by Pies posted:

It's Branco, so it's hard to tell if this one's a result of him being an idiot or just bad.

Both.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

missing a barista imo

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

loquacius posted:

missing a barista imo

It's missing the white people being in a castle with armed guards with their guns pointed outward patrolling the walls and a sign on the drawn-up drawbridge that says "NO COLOREDS ALLOWED all stipulations of this HOA covenant are binding "

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Abyssal Squid posted:

Excellent. Found one that I hadn't seen before:

Look at the clock, it's 4:20. I think I know what happens next :weed:

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

I love the "Eat the Rich" label.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Holy poo poo at the "eat the rich" shards and the clock. Adarsh Balak is incredible.

tequilaunicorn
Feb 13, 2012

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Now you have to make an Ozymandias king of kings poem about it and IMGUR

Oh the last line of this is easy-

the lone and level pants stretch far away

:smith: I'll leave the rest for the more talented of the group here.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Party Boat posted:

Hey guys, I found a fresh new cartoon about Baltimore!

Okay the urge to touch the poo poo is rising.

Rorus Raz posted:

We're already having trouble finding poo poo from the early years of this thread, and this thread is less than a decade old.
Well, having a good deal of the stuff hosted on waffleimages probably didn't help.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Suitaru posted:

Look at the clock, it's 4:20. I think I know what happens next :weed:

And the drool... :vince:

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Rorus Raz posted:

We're already having trouble finding poo poo from the early years of this thread, and this thread is less than a decade old.

I have friends who works in preserving old movies and TV shows. They all pretty much tell me that anything recorded on printed materials like film is much more likely to survive than most digital formats, which can either go obsolete in a short period of time, or prone to harddrive crashes no matter how careful you store them. The same applies to materials printed on paper vs. digital.

I believe them. I've had stuff like this happen to me.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

missing a barista imo

"The Conversation on Race"

:cop: I like puns.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Yeah, but what for football? Is it for a stadium, equipment, or to remove that space octopus from the bulldogs head?

Searching Google News for james madison university 12 million shows it's for a new convocation center that "would be used mainly by the men's and women's basketball programs but also would host convocation and graduation, concerts and conventions". Hence the "New Convo" on the newspaper in the cartoon. (Remember JRROSE! is obsessed with JMU women's basketball.)

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
I already posted the October 3-8 storyline (the one where Mallard's foul refrigerator grabs the ERA's attention) earlier in the thread, so I'm skipping to...

Mallard Fillmore: Year One (October 10-15, 1994)

Okay, was Clinton not saluting a thing that happened or something?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Mister Beeg posted:

I have friends who works in preserving old movies and TV shows. They all pretty much tell me that anything recorded on printed materials like film is much more likely to survive than most digital formats, which can either go obsolete in a short period of time, or prone to harddrive crashes no matter how careful you store them. The same applies to materials printed on paper vs. digital.

I believe them. I've had stuff like this happen to me.

A couple of years ago I was at lecture given by Gerhard Weinburg, who expressed similar pessimism that digital preservation was all that archivists seem to think it is. The lecture was a keynotes Holocaust address, and he was concerned that the paper trail from the Nazi state would be lost as, given that wartime paper was pretty poo poo, it's all falling apart now. The old method would be to transfer it to microfilm, which lasts basically forever if stored right, but the modern trend is to digitize, and he expressed concerns that format obsolescence would result in us losing tons of irreplaceable documents from the war years, and he gave us an anecdote that's stuck with me: If you want to do research on the 1862 US Census, all the raw data is still available at the National Archives in their paper collection, but if you want to do the same with the 1962 Census you can't, since that was all stored in punchcards for which the only functional reader is at a museum in Japan. The Smithsonian has another, but it's broken, no replacement parts exist to fix it or can even be manufactured as the company that made it was absorbed by IBM (I think) long ago and no one can even locate the blueprints to make another.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Captain_Maclaine posted:

A couple of years ago I was at lecture given by Gerhard Weinburg, who expressed similar pessimism that digital preservation was all that archivists seem to think it is. The lecture was a keynotes Holocaust address, and he was concerned that the paper trail from the Nazi state would be lost as, given that wartime paper was pretty poo poo, it's all falling apart now. The old method would be to transfer it to microfilm, which lasts basically forever if stored right, but the modern trend is to digitize, and he expressed concerns that format obsolescence would result in us losing tons of irreplaceable documents from the war years, and he gave us an anecdote that's stuck with me: If you want to do research on the 1862 US Census, all the raw data is still available at the National Archives in their paper collection, but if you want to do the same with the 1962 Census you can't, since that was all stored in punchcards for which the only functional reader is at a museum in Japan. The Smithsonian has another, but it's broken, no replacement parts exist to fix it or can even be manufactured as the company that made it was absorbed by IBM (I think) long ago and no one can even locate the blueprints to make another.

You know, I'm going to print this out and give to my film preservation friends. That's all I'm going to say.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Party Boat posted:

Hey guys, I found a fresh new cartoon about Baltimore!

Bennett's Biggest Fan's dad sure had nicer penmanship than his son does.

Also, directly addressing the cartoon characters with your bile is a pro move.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

hooman posted:

My name is James Bond. James Hussein Bond. Pee pee doo doo I am a bad president. *pants fall on ground*

And yet its still more dignified than any of the Roger Moore movies.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Fulchrum posted:

And yet its still more dignified than any of the Roger Moore movies.

Middle-class white folk are starving in the street while that despot Obama is spending billions researching invisible cars! :argh:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Dominique Sopo, Président de SOS Racisme

seiferguy posted:

Agreed they didn't deserve to die. But
:rolleye:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lady Naga posted:

Middle-class white folk are starving in the street while that despot Obama is spending billions researching invisible cars! :argh:

Wrong bad Bond movie.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Fulchrum posted:

Wrong bad Bond movie.

Pah all bad Bonds look alike.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lady Naga posted:

Pah all bad Bonds look alike.

That was the one that didn't have rape and a criminal conspiracy by all the black people in the US to get the white man hooked on voodoo drugs.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Sandpuppy posted:

Bennett's Biggest Fan's dad sure had nicer penmanship than his son does.

Are we sure that's the dad and not just the younger version of our Mad Whitey?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Hundreds of people across the state have been hospitalized for complications from Spice.

An earthquake happened

Jackson, MS, streets are coming apart from all the rains in April. Also, old person does not understand new thing.

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

I want to put these on billboards across major cities.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

But did you see the way they were drawn? They were asking for it!

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Fulchrum posted:

That was the one that didn't have rape and a criminal conspiracy by all the black people in the US to get the white man hooked on voodoo drugs.

God Live and Let Die was terrible. gently caress that film.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Mister Beeg posted:

You know, I'm going to print this out and give to my film preservation friends. That's all I'm going to say.

Feel free, but I may be wrong about the years in the anecdote; I didn't write down what he said exactly and this was a couple years ago (though I do think it was 8162 and 1962).

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Taciturn Tactician posted:

God Live and Let Die was terrible. gently caress that film.

Uh no Live and Let Die is a masterpiece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

But did you see the way they were drawn? They were asking for it!
What if I think that they didn't deserve to die, that CH is not a racist publication, but their art is just kinda bad. I can hold that opinion, right?

• Locked thread