Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think its just random. servers might be having a bad day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
From my completely non-scientific observations, Europe servers (specifically Frankfurt/Amsterdam) and Texas seem to have more instance issues than the others. I very, very rarely seem to have them on DC.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I had to switch from Frankfurt and Paris to Amsterdam, had literally zero problems since then.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

George posted:

And it just happened again. You guys seem familiar with this issue, is it arbitrary or reproducible? Is Strand just cursed for me?

It's arbitrary, fairly rare, and seems to happen in streaks, so if I start seeing it I just take a break and do something else both for my sanity and the sake of not dumping money into a void.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Vasudus posted:

I very, very rarely seem to have them on DC.
i always play on dc and also very rarely see it

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I'm playing on California, but yeah gonna chill on this for a while. gently caress everything.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

serenity now!

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Maybe you're tripping whatever weird anti-dupe poo poo they put in. Were you switching instances both times right before you tried to enter?

nerox
May 20, 2001

George posted:

I'm playing on California, but yeah gonna chill on this for a while. gently caress everything.

Easy big fella!

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
I can't imagine being so mad about goblin portals that I would go back to d3. That is like being so mad at the pizza man because he forgot your pepperoni that you go into the bathroom of his restaurant and just eat a big old pile of poo poo right out from the toilet bowl without even shutting the door.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
I really like this game but I am apparently far too impatient (only ever made it to mapping on one league and died pretty shortly afterwards). I can't not play hardcore as softcore bores me to tears, I've come back and attempted to level 5 characters up and lost all of them before cruel (I rage uninstalled the game last night after being a dumbass and dieing on normal Daresso). One was a tornado shot ranger the rest were firestorm witches with the intent of going the way of CI ED/Contagion or Blight. Maybe firestorm just really isnt the playstyle for me, are there other fun ways to level up that are super efficient and aren't firestorm, maybe something a bit tankier?

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
Question re: elemental equilibrium and RF:

I'll hit an enemy with cyclone and do cold damage (via added damage on ring) to flag EE. Does RF count as a hit and will switch the resistances or does RF not count and won't switch it on me?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
RF does not count as a hit.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
I had a pretty nice 6L Eva/ES armour and sit on some decent Eva/ES gear. Is there any specific build that fits that combination (EHC), preferably as Pathfinder (want to respec my current)?

Acht fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 25, 2017

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

BitterAvatar posted:

Question re: elemental equilibrium and RF:

I'll hit an enemy with cyclone and do cold damage (via added damage on ring) to flag EE. Does RF count as a hit and will switch the resistances or does RF not count and won't switch it on me?

RF is a degen and not a hit so you will still be fine as long as you don't have +fire damage on you cyclone/shield charge/orb of storms

George
Nov 27, 2004

YoungSexualNorton posted:

I can't imagine being so mad about goblin portals that I would go back to d3. That is like being so mad at the pizza man because he forgot your pepperoni that you go into the bathroom of his restaurant and just eat a big old pile of poo poo right out from the toilet bowl without even shutting the door.

D3 is unrecognizable as a Diablo game but it's finally hammered itself into being a good game of some sort FYI. I wouldn't really recommend it to a PoE fan, but it felt like the funny thing to say.

It's still really lovely having this happen twice in one night. Makes it feel like the rug's about to get pulled out from under me at any time.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

lamentable dustman posted:

RF is a degen and not a hit so you will still be fine as long as you don't have +fire damage on you cyclone/shield charge/orb of storms

Yeah I've made sure only addtional cold damage is added to attacks.

Seprately, what's a viable life pool for end game?

I'm currently sititng at 6k hp and can hit 8 endurance charges, but I'm already using a koam's heart and most of my gear has 75+ hp. I could lose an endurance charge and maybe get a little extra life and my helmet needs life, but I can't imagine I'd ever exceed 7k. Is that typical?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
That's about right for a general life build, but I'm pretty sure an RF build with a kaoms should have more life than that. Should probably shoot for more like 8k. Remember that life nodes are also damage nodes for RF.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Hm seems a little low for a build that runs up to stuff and doesn't leech. Can you afford to run more life on your tree?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Anything under 7k life with a Kaom's Heart sounds like you're missing something big, especially in an RF build.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Well I finally got 36 challenges and have a Headhunter, so I guess it's time to make a HoWA character or quit the league or something.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
Alright here is my RF current tree, please tell me where I am dumb in regards to life vs. damage:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...PON9IP2SPno_go=

And here's my gear, which other than the obvious lack of life on my helm, felt okay:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/BitterAvatar/characters

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Ultima66 posted:

Well I finally got 36 challenges and have a Headhunter, so I guess it's time to make a HoWA character or quit the league or something.

Lend me your HH if you do!

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

BitterAvatar posted:

Alright here is my RF current tree, please tell me where I am dumb in regards to life vs. damage:

And here's my gear, which other than the obvious lack of life on my helm, felt okay:

Tbh that looks okay to me. Maybe you don't need that scion life regen right now, but your next like 8 levels should be hoovering up all the 5% life nodes you're right next to. That will give you a lot of life.

e: You really do need a new helmet. The geofris doesn't do much since RF doesn't scale with levels like most spell gems. Ideally you want the RF in delirium gloves

MMF Freeway fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Apr 25, 2017

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Stangg posted:

I really like this game but I am apparently far too impatient (only ever made it to mapping on one league and died pretty shortly afterwards). I can't not play hardcore as softcore bores me to tears, I've come back and attempted to level 5 characters up and lost all of them before cruel (I rage uninstalled the game last night after being a dumbass and dieing on normal Daresso). One was a tornado shot ranger the rest were firestorm witches with the intent of going the way of CI ED/Contagion or Blight. Maybe firestorm just really isnt the playstyle for me, are there other fun ways to level up that are super efficient and aren't firestorm, maybe something a bit tankier?

You're almost certainly not taking enough life. This is the first league I've played softcore, and my previous experience with hc over dozens and dozens of characters has me not comfortable with Vaal Overseer with under 700 life, Piety = 1000 life+, Dominus = 1100 life, Malachi = 1300 life at a bare minimum. And definitely maxed resists by the time I'm at Piety and the rest of normal.

If I'm doing really crazy dps I'll go a bit under those numbers. And for a newer player like yourself I'd recommend about 10-15% higher life than those guidelines. Life is by far your most important stat in this game, especially in hc. And with any random gear your dps is fine through normal. You really don't need to focus on dps via the passive tree until late merciless. Just keeping your gear updated and getting a 5l for your main skill in late Cruel will keep your damage plenty high.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

BitterAvatar posted:

Looks mostly alright but I'm not the biggest fan of the Koam's Way. May want to play around with the helm in PoE Planner to see if +life is better then +1 gems in the helm. Unless you need the stats you can get +30 str around goloem's blood instead of dex which gives some raw health too. For damage on the tree I'd get ele overload with orb of storms and +crit. Also I'm a big fan of dual curse with RF builds so pick up whispers. They would both probably give more damage then +40% increased fire damage in the arsonist nodes.

Also you Koam's heart is real low on fire damage, may want to divine it if you got one or 2 not doing anything.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

MMF Freeway posted:

Tbh that looks okay to me. Maybe you don't need that scion life regen right now, but your next like 8 levels should be hoovering up all the 5% life nodes you're right next to. That will give you a lot of life.

e: You really do need a new helmet. The geofris doesn't do much since RF doesn't scale with levels like most spell gems. Ideally you want the RF in delirium gloves

My plan was to eventually get a helm with Essence of Horror crafted on it for the +30% elem damage. I need to find a decent armor/ES helm cause trying to craft 4 blue sockets on pure armor is stupid annoying.

e: Last time I used a divine on the Koam's it didn't change at all so it made me mad and I gave up. Should probably go back and try again

BitterAvatar fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Apr 25, 2017

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Oh yeah the horror helmet option is probably better since then you can get the attack speed one on the gloves.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Stangg posted:

Don't feel bad about dying to Daresso. You can die very quickly from a single mistake in that fight, unless you have so much DPS he can't get any attacks out.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Found a Dreaming Breach Leaguestone of Splinters and decided to run it instead of sell because you gotta have fun. Second run Chayula spawned too...37 Chayula splinters from that one Breach and I wasn't even lucky with positions so not a ton of rares even spawned. :allears:

George
Nov 27, 2004

Last Chayula rift I got disconnected me when I opened it.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
RIP

I had one Breach that was just terrible for some reason, even a good amount of packsize on the map but mobs just would not spawn for me to kill. Partly due to bad position on the map but even then it was extreme. I only had one rare spawn the whole time. Still ended up with more than 100 Splinters total though since the rest were around 20 each.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

McFrugal posted:

Don't feel bad about dying to Daresso. You can die very quickly from a single mistake in that fight, unless you have so much DPS he can't get any attacks out.

Well I've also died to things like tormented spirit kole (I should have just run away), I've died to normal lab twice and a breach once.

I started levelling a duelist instead with earthquake and he feels much tankier not to mention destroys everything in sight.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqpqXGS9D98

Add this for Shield Charge tia

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

hallelujah

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Yaawwwn made a deck with the beast went undefeated. Although I did only play one match.

https://hsreplay.net/uploads/upload/6v7NDB7zv2Kize7wwXVaXV/?utm_source=hdt&utm_medium=client

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think you made a wrong turn somewhere

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
Get all those fancy cards from a diviner's?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Awesome! posted:

i think you made a wrong turn somewhere

Nope this is what Path of Exile is truly about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1891470

Cyclone gonna be awesome

• Locked thread