Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

I’m very stupid (and seconds away from being really high) but what does this mean

did the bad judge I dislike do another bad thing or did one of the other judges who have yet to befall my withering gaze and baleful consideration do something “good”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

full point
Jan 21, 2006

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

sucks was kinda hoping they would have destroyed Warren's corrupt CFPB

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Red Baron posted:

I’m very stupid (and seconds away from being really high) but what does this mean

did the bad judge I dislike do another bad thing or did one of the other judges who have yet to befall my withering gaze and baleful consideration do something “good”

it means Donald trump is going to jail

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

the milk machine posted:

it means Donald trump is going to jail

well I know that’s not true but you should tell mdemone that they probably are feeling down having lost their house so recently

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

They're going to make the executive administrative state completely toothless by removing their power to enforce their decisions, but they'll keep the bureaus themselves around so they have sinecure jobs to hand out.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Red Baron posted:

the fifth circuit court's decision was so wildly ahistorical that even thomas was like, "hmm, that's dumb"

if they hadn't reversed the decision it would have meant that the government could only fund programs with revenue from the treasury, meaning that stuff like fees wouldn't be legal any more. under a broad interpretation of the fifth circuit's rulings the USPS would have to stop selling stamps, for instance.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Joementum posted:

the fifth circuit court's decision was so wildly ahistorical that even thomas was like, "hmm, that's dumb"

if they hadn't reversed the decision it would have meant that the government could only fund programs with revenue from the treasury, meaning that stuff like fees wouldn't be legal any more. under a broad interpretation of the fifth circuit's rulings the USPS would have to stop selling stamps, for instance.

half the mail I get doesn’t have stamps on it anymore, and I thought the government wants to destroy the USPS anyway for having the gall to still be a semi-usable government service

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

'You called him dumbass Donald does that sound right?' Blanche asks.

'Sounds correct,' Cohen responds.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Joementum posted:

so ur saying they could have given libertarians the ultimate wet dream by making taxes illegal but they screwed the pooch

:sad:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Red Baron posted:

half the mail I get doesn’t have stamps on it anymore, and I thought the government wants to destroy the USPS anyway for having the gall to still be a semi-usable government service

well, that bulk mail is still paid for, they just don't bother putting the decorative adhesive on it

but think of all the other stuff that the federal government does to fund programs without directly taking the money from the treasury. the SEC, for instance, funds some of its operations through fines. the national park service collects entrance and camping fees. the smithsonian gift shop will sell you a NASA shot glass. if you want to get really wacky you can start looking askew at the fund the SSA manages.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
iirc the patent and trademark office is entirely funded by fees, it would have been cool if scotus accidentally blew it up

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Red Baron posted:

near me, it's pretty common to see half of drivers with severely expired tabs and a hand full of people driving with zero license plate at all.

lol rules are for suckers

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
is the president immune yet

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

RealityWarCriminal posted:

immune as all hell

Apr 7, 2003

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Has been since 1973

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Fuckt Tupp posted:

so ur saying they could have given libertarians the ultimate wet dream by making taxes illegal but they screwed the pooch

:sad:

taxes will always be constitutional because that was the reason the constitution was created. america was libertopia prior to that and it didn't work. now the libertarians will argue that the constitution is itself unconstitutional, which is a fun debate.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Junios’

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
they should debate over who has the most brain tissue remaining

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Joementum posted:

taxes will always be constitutional because that was the reason the constitution was created. america was libertopia prior to that and it didn't work. now the libertarians will argue that the constitution is itself unconstitutional, which is a fun debate.

they're right

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

I'll give them a pass on that because usually it's either "red chili", "green chili", or "capsicum" (bell pepper)

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
these dates are interesting because the democrats will technically not have a vice presidential nominee for either of them

https://twitter.com/NidiaCavazosTV/status/1791112855057568055

Apr 7, 2003

In a 5-4 decision, the Supreme Court rules that the Constitution is "gay and fake"

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
Junior'
Junios'
Junior'

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

near me, it's pretty common to see half of drivers with severely expired tabs and a hand full of people driving with zero license plate at all.

lol rules are for suckers

the third most common plates in philly after PA and NJ ones are fake printed out dealer tags

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

In a 5-4 decision, the Supreme Court rules that the Constitution is "gay and fake"

6-4, counting me

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
it's an amicus vote

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Drunkboxer posted:

the third most common plates in philly after PA and NJ ones are fake printed out dealer tags

it makes me laugh when I see the folks in luxury vehicles with 99% tint on their license plate cover. like nobody cares dude. just take it off.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

it makes me laugh when I see the folks in luxury vehicles with 99% tint on their license plate cover. like nobody cares dude. just take it off.

tollbooth / speed cameras care

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

the milk machine posted:

iirc the patent and trademark office is entirely funded by fees, it would have been cool if scotus accidentally blew it up

also: like >90% of immigrations services

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Joementum posted:

tollbooth / speed cameras care

speed cameras can't do anything if you don't have plates

we don't have toll booths here. sounds made up.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
hello

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

hey what's trumpin

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
(5) is the KKK exception. they removed (6). the bill passed the full NC senate yesterday 30-15. wearing a mask is now a Class 1 misdemeanor, punishable by 6-18 months probation and a fine.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Joementum posted:

(5) is the KKK exception. they removed (6). the bill passed the full NC senate yesterday 30-15. wearing a mask is now a Class 1 misdemeanor, punishable by 6-18 months probation and a fine.

Hmm

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

drat america sucks again it just keeps happening

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Joementum posted:

America must be destroyed

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
presumably, wearing a N95 is fine as long as you put your Klan hood over it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

i appreciate the distinction between the kkk and labor