Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

a.lo posted:

Didn't know the circus was in town.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Bilirubin posted:

But doctor, I am lpzie

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
wanna toop my pants

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
shrimps are pretty rich.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

love shrimp

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz0tc-rsQw8

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

a.lo posted:

thinking again about the fact that they legit put the family from young sheldon in fortnite

a.lo. what does that mean?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Bilirubin posted:

But doctor, I am lpzie

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Buddykins posted:

love shrimp

:h::pastryno:

El Palo Mota
Aug 5, 2009
Toopf

People are thinking that Soros backed D.A., Alvin Bragg, who never wanted to bring the Witch Hunt against me in the first place, is going to drop this ridiculous and very unpatriotic “CASE” in order to save lots of money, and also the self respect of his once revered Office. He would then be able to focus on Violent Crime, which is running rampant and totally out of control in New York. The dilemma is, and always has been, the Trump Hating (APPOINTED IN 2009 & STILL ACTING!) Judge, Juan Merchan, who would be confronted with the problem of how he would explain this TRUMP loss, to the Radical Left Democrats, to whom he owes so much? Bring back “Justice in America.” ELECTION INTERFERENCE!!!

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

this man has typed and said election interference more times than he's told don jr he loves him

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

El Palo Mota posted:

Toopf

People are thinking that Soros backed D.A., Alvin Bragg, who never wanted to bring the Witch Hunt against me in the first place, is going to drop this ridiculous and very unpatriotic “CASE” in order to save lots of money, and also the self respect of his once revered Office. He would then be able to focus on Violent Crime, which is running rampant and totally out of control in New York. The dilemma is, and always has been, the Trump Hating (APPOINTED IN 2009 & STILL ACTING!) Judge, Juan Merchan, who would be confronted with the problem of how he would explain this TRUMP loss, to the Radical Left Democrats, to whom he owes so much? Bring back “Justice in America.” ELECTION INTERFERENCE!!!

That's a trump on the shitter tweet if I ever saw one

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

mr president its 2 am sir the bar is closing we have to go home sir please

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Buddykins posted:

this man has typed and said election interference more times than he's told don jr he loves him

he never has and you know that

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Buddykins posted:

mr president its 2 am sir the bar is closing we have to go home sir please

You don't have to go back to your white house but you can't stay here!

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
update regarding my slow but persistent poisoning of my gf's mind via turp thread material:

i explained to her my favorite trump situation, when in deposition ---Trump: Did someone say Trump?
she thought it was funny

everytime someone cuts me off or does something bad in traffic with her in the car i mumble under my breath "washed up psycho bette midler"
she finds this very funny

reiterating from my last post regarding my gf, she knows nothing about politics, it's incredible. today i will explain to her how baron will be the true godemporor

thehandtruck has issued a correction as of 08:41 on May 17, 2024

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

i send her a differnt picture of trump smiling and being genuinely happy inside his lead-boomer mind at least 3 times a week in the morning as she's driving to work. often times it's him smiling looking at the eclipse, or the one with the burgers. honestly feels like he's always living his dmt death dream in absolute bliss, the legend

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Politics arent real but, I suspect, neither is the girlfriend. May you find happiness with both

El Palo Mota
Aug 5, 2009

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

Vim Fuego posted:

Politics arent real but, I suspect, neither is the girlfriend. May you find happiness with both

please b e nice to me i have very thin skin
if u dunk o nme that good again i will report you to the admins

El Palo Mota
Aug 5, 2009

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Happy graduation day to Baron

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

SirPablo posted:

Happy graduation day to Baron

he’s going to feel so loved when he sees his father in the crowd

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mulLhrjh6ZM

Stupid Boxes
Feb 9, 2004

good grief!
was gaming and felt a paw on my leg

Stupid Boxes
Feb 9, 2004

good grief!
looked down minutes later

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Buddykins posted:

good. no one loves don jr

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
Taiwanese monster energy goes so hard. Goddamn cane sugar is good.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

full point posted:

MAGGIE CHIP DAY was also Scaramucci day (chip bag at 0:50)

https://i.imgur.com/oGrl8ow.mp4

oh poo poo

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

full point posted:

alternate angle (for the freaks)

https://i.imgur.com/xKZuLbG.mp4

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Stupid Boxes I hope you know that uppercut is like one of the few reasons I keep tooping in here

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Stupid Boxes posted:

was gaming and felt a paw on my leg

"You aren't using that leg right?"

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Vim Fuego posted:

lol

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://x.com/goofxist/status/1791177379999777125?s=46&t=I-gsjpvNkUNcOBofs8OOkQ

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Former President Donald Trump to visit St. Paul Friday. What are the security expenses for the city?
The city is not planning to bill the Trump campaign — or protesters — for costs related to the visit

quote:

When former U.S. President Donald Trump dines in St. Paul with the state’s Republican leaders on Friday evening, protesters from a cross-section of progressive organizations are expected to take to downtown Kellogg Boulevard to give a thumbs down to his motorcade.

They may well be met, in turn, with a thumbs down from counter-protesters.

So who gets the bill for policing, road closure and public safety?

The answer, more so than not, is local taxpayers. The city is not planning to bill the Trump campaign — or protesters — for costs related to the former president’s campaign appearance.

“We welcome people from around the world when concerts, festivals, professional sports, conventions and more decide they want to host an event within St. Paul,” said Jennifer Lor, a press secretary to St. Paul Mayor Melvin Carter, on Thursday. “We assist in providing public safety services, whether for a current vice president, a former president or the Dalai Lama and these costs are part of normal business operations.”

Minneapolis visit in 2019

The last time Trump flew into the Twin Cities for a campaign event in 2019, Minneapolis officials worried they’d be stuck with the estimated $530,000 bill for security, road closures and the like.

After lengthy wrangling with the Trump campaign and Target Center operator ASM Global, it turns out Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey’s people had it mostly right — local taxpayers swallowed the majority of those expenses.

ASM agreed in 2021, some two years after the fact, to reimburse Minneapolis $100,000, or less than 20% of the city’s costs and about half of what city officials figured they could ask for under the law.

St. Paul police spokesman Mike Ernster said he didn’t know what the cost would be for the former president’s visit but noted security “requests … are part of what police departments do as a course of normal business.”

When Vice President Kamala Harris came to St. Paul on March 14 to visit an abortion clinic and stop by Central High for softball practice, security costs involving officers on duty and off, as well as overtime, came to $7,717, according to Ernster.

In March, the Humphrey-Mondale dinner at the RiverCentre, hosted by the state DFL and attended by both U.S. senators, the governor and other politicians, cost taxpayers $11,301 for policing outside of the facility. Officers working inside the RiverCentre were paid by the organizers, Ernster said.

“It is also important to remember that staffing numbers, which lead directly to staffing costs, are always unique to the political and social climate,” he said.

When St. Paul hosted the Republican National Convention in 2008 — drawing nearly 2,400 party delegates and an estimated 12,000 protesters — the city received a $50 million federal grant for expenses, similar to what other cities got for conventions. About $34 million was for personnel costs while $16 million paid for training, equipment and supplies. The upside of it for local police was the additional equipment stayed with the city.

Fundraising dinner in St. Paul

The former president is scheduled to attend the Minnesota GOP’s annual Lincoln Reagan fundraising dinner on Friday, which coincides with the party’s state convention, to be held at the St. Paul RiverCentre Friday and Saturday. St. Paul Police and Fire, the Ramsey County Sheriff’s office and other local departments are poised to assist the U.S. Secret Service with security, but it’s unclear how large that bill will be.

Trump has not announced a campaign rally, per se. Still, given the experience of at least 14 cities that have tried and failed to secure funds from the Trump campaign after a major appearance, some have little doubt that St. Paul taxpayers will absorb not only the bulk of the cost of protecting the former president this weekend, but the cost of standing between event-goers, protesters and counter-protesters.

Ramsey County Sheriff Bob Fletcher on Wednesday said he did not know how his office will be reimbursed for his deputies’ work. The county sheriff’s office will provide traffic management for Trump’s motorcade and will be available as backup to St. Paul officers if there’s need for additional assistance.

“Our first concern is the safety of everyone” attending the event, protesting or counter-protesting, Fletcher said. “People can sort out the finances later.”

Costs for visits elsewhere

David Levinthal, editor-in-chief of the progressive publication Raw Story, said that over the years, at least 14 cities — including Minneapolis, Mesa, Arizona and Lebanon, Ohio — have tried to recoup security dollars out of the Trump campaign without success. El Paso, Texas was left with a $470,000 bill after Trump’s February 2019 border rally, so city officials there hired a legal team to help them seek reimbursement.

NJ.com reported this week that Wildwood, New Jersey made the Trump campaign pre-pay $54,000 in April, well in advance of a May 11 beach rally, four years after being stuck with the bill for policing and clean-up after a Trump rally at the Wildwood Convention Center.

In late 2020, when the city of Philadelphia complained that then-candidate Joe Biden’s campaign rally had drawn dozens of cars into a muddy public park after a rainstorm, causing at least $10,000 in damage, the Biden campaign produced a check for $15,000 within about a month to cover expenses.

Minnesota could prove to be a key battleground for both Trump and President Biden in November, so public interest in a Trump appearance will be high.

“When a president comes to town, St. Paul is going to be an international news story,” said Larry Jacobs, a professor of political science at the University of Minnesota’s Humphrey School of Public Affairs. “It’s a unique thing. There’s nothing else that is going to bring St. Paul that kind of attention.”

Nevertheless, said Jacobs, “reimbursement is not going to be in the game. … Even when the president comes, there’s not much reimbursement.”

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

BTL Simulations

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

sounds like Xi has done more for those kids than biden or trump ever will.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I hear Trump croak Obamna and I'm ready to start my day, revitalized, focused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

ArmedZombie posted:

sounds like Xi has done more for those kids than biden or trump ever will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcSA3TyiTjc