Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Hey Pizza Dog commanders: SA Spam and benkama appear to be inactive, could we please remove them and bring in a couple of new folks?

also please make me a commander because I am cool and good

Bob Socko fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Nov 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Back to point-based PvP!

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68880/update-to-versus-tournament-progression-rewards-11-15-17

quote:

Hi Everyone,

We originally decided to switch from a Points-based progression to a Wins-based system, in order to help relieve some frustration from Versus Events. We understand that it can feel demoralizing to have your progress towards a reward wiped away, and then be forced to crawl back up again! We wanted to give more players a reliable way to earn rewards in Versus Tournaments, and as far as those goals go, we feel like the change was a success.

However, while we were really happy with how some players received this change, other players who were earning progression rewards quickly, ended up slowing down and were understandably upset by that. We want to take some time to re-evaluate the system, and see if we can make more of you happy with it. In addition to watching player behavior in-game, we paid close attention to all the feedback given on the forums, Reddit, surveys, in conversations, and through Customer Support. We hear your concerns, and want to make an experience that makes you excited to play your next Versus Mission.

So while we're hard at working developing that experience, and with the launch of the Reality Gem Season, we're going to change how you earn Progression Rewards in Versus Events back to being based on Event Points, rather than the number of mission Wins you earn. Progression reward thresholds will work exactly how they were prior to Time Season - high value missions will get you closer to your next Progression reward, but you can lose Event Points from your Progression, as well as your Placement.

We may try another change to the system down the road, in one form of another, but until then, we'll keep listening to what you like and dislike about Versus.

Good luck, and thanks for playing!

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
This is a fun game at times, but I think I'm going to continue playing better games and do the DDQ every few days.

No fault of this wishy washy stuff, but I think I'm just burnt out. It's the same pve and the same pvp. There's just no evolution.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Well it was nice earning pvp prizes while it lasted

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Dicks.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Yeah, was fun while it lasted. Oh well.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
At least I don't have to worry about PVP again!

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016
I'm hoping it'll change back after another season or two. 5* pvp land is freaking brutal

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
This doesn't seem quite right.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Leavemywife posted:

Thats SCL7 right?

Yeah they really dicked the points up on that.

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016

Leavemywife posted:

Holy crap that's a huge points drop.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
The level is really low though so :shrug:

Anyways everyone saw that 4* champ rewards will now include 5*s? Hooray? I feel like this bodes ill somehow haha.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Tbh that's kinda depressing, I'm still only SCL5...

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016
Think of it as more free poo poo when you get there. Plus an easier way to get some the classic 5* characters for their required nodes when you decide to hop up to cl7.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

The thing is that I can't go to cl7 yet. I'm not a high enough level to even have the option.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

What is the most surprising is that they are going to retroactively give you the rewards. That’s awesome actually

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

What is the most surprising is that they are going to retroactively give you the rewards. That’s awesome actually

The bonus 375 XP will be handy, too

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Pizza Dog has a couple of openings! We’re very casual and are mostly in it for the daily rewards. Seems like we push on big events like Ultron or Thanos, but even that is still optional. If you play while pooping, we’re what you’re looking for.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard

Bob Socko posted:

If you play while pooping, we’re what you’re looking for.
Please use this as a title in the recruiting section on the d3 forums. Please.

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
I got my semi annual #1 finish in a PVP and what do you know it's vulture covers. I guess I may be getting that 5* Spider man after all.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Unless two people volunteer to join pizza dog and commit to playing one game a day while pooping, I’m going to write a new OP and make a new thread.

Edit: you can also play while not pooping, I guess

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Turning on this game makes me poop instantly.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I try my best to play once a day but sometimes I don't poop everyday. Can I join Pizza dogs?

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016
It's sucky that I managed to champ multiple freaking 5* characters before I even got 10 covers for howard.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

You could join Goonery. No pooping required.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Alucard posted:

I try my best to play once a day but sometimes I don't poop everyday. Can I join Pizza dogs?
Good enough, apply in-game!

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Arucardinium pending - will probably play a lot this weekend as I clear thanksgiving from my colon

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ive been kinda thinking about starting to play again now that i dont have to delete stuff from my phone constantly (yay new phone) so if y'all continue having that pizza dogs vacancy let me know and i will jump back into the breach of getting hosed by cascades and being angry on the toilet

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

ive been kinda thinking about starting to play again now that i dont have to delete stuff from my phone constantly (yay new phone) so if y'all continue having that pizza dogs vacancy let me know and i will jump back into the breach of getting hosed by cascades and being angry on the toilet

Goonery has a few openings if you want in.

Ellaybee
Jun 17, 2005

Bob Socko posted:

Unless two people volunteer to join pizza dog and commit to playing one game a day while pooping, I’m going to write a new OP and make a new thread.

Edit: you can also play while not pooping, I guess

If the last spot is open, I’ve been playing daily for a few months now. I’m still on my first trip through 2* land so my teamups sent might not be the best though. Same name as my forum name.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
Bone Rangers also has a few slots open. Got some people that have been absent for ages, wouldn't find filling some holes. We are also a super casual play-a-day alliance.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

CidGregor posted:

wouldn't find filling some holes.

ooooh yeah, we need some new bones

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I have come back to the game after not playing for a year or two. Are there any thoughts on how to prioritize which characters to keep? New slots are rather expensive (850 for me), and it takes awhile to accumulate that much currency.

Also, is there a point when spending the Deadpool taco tokens is a good idea? With the fixed pools of rewards that reset, waiting until you have almost 300 sounds good, but that will take most of a year of playing. Or should I just give in and spend them as I get them.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Saw this posted over on reddit and I am all in on some Runaways in this game.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Orvin posted:

I have come back to the game after not playing for a year or two. Are there any thoughts on how to prioritize which characters to keep? New slots are rather expensive (850 for me), and it takes awhile to accumulate that much currency.

Also, is there a point when spending the Deadpool taco tokens is a good idea? With the fixed pools of rewards that reset, waiting until you have almost 300 sounds good, but that will take most of a year of playing. Or should I just give in and spend them as I get them.

You get a lot more HP these days. Just don't open any tokens until you have enough for a new slot, and ditch all but one 1* if you're past that point.

As a general point most of the new characters are good and there has been a lot of power creep.

Also, get a 0/0/5 3* gambit and you'll be able to wreck anything as long as you have a decent purple/red user.

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
Hey I got Gladiator Thor from a free latest legends pack! Yay?

Ellaybee
Jun 17, 2005

CidGregor posted:

Bone Rangers also has a few slots open. Got some people that have been absent for ages, wouldn't find filling some holes. We are also a super casual play-a-day alliance.

I sent a request/applied/whatever you’d call it when ch is currently pending. Same name as here.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Ellaybee posted:

I sent a request/applied/whatever you’d call it when ch is currently pending. Same name as here.

Gotcha in, welcome!

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

GTO posted:

You get a lot more HP these days. Just don't open any tokens until you have enough for a new slot, and ditch all but one 1* if you're past that point.

As a general point most of the new characters are good and there has been a lot of power creep.

Also, get a 0/0/5 3* gambit and you'll be able to wreck anything as long as you have a decent purple/red user.

Thanks for the info.

Are command points used for anything other than buying characters in the store?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

CP are mainly used to buy legendary tokens in order to get a chance at 5* characters.

You can buy covers with them but it's only really worth it for the last cover of a top tier 4*, and even that is dubious.