Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Regrettable posted:

^This basically

I did IM40/Medusa/Thanos and made sure to let his green take out the first one so he did 8k damage to the other two in one turn.

Honestly, 3Mags and IM40 can really loving wreck face. 3Mags is a lot better than I initially thought. He's got a ton of board shifting stuff, can rewrite protect, attack, or strike tiles into your own protect, and his abilities do a ton of damage.

My heart gets aflutter when he's boosted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I have a second IM40 going now that my first one is 266. Having 2 will help quite a bit with the health packs when he gets hit.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Leavemywife posted:

Honestly, 3Mags and IM40 can really loving wreck face. 3Mags is a lot better than I initially thought. He's got a ton of board shifting stuff, can rewrite protect, attack, or strike tiles into your own protect, and his abilities do a ton of damage.

My heart gets aflutter when he's boosted.

Tbf, IM40 plus almost anyone is pretty op but CMag is one of my least favorite characters to have to go up against.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT

rabidsquid posted:

so this favorites thing is new since i last played, is there any ~optimal strategy~ to employing it?

I'm using my three star favorite to one at a time bring all my scrubs up to 227 for the legendary token

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I just have it set to characters I want and don't have abnormal setups of colors of (loving Nightcrawler is 0/5/4).

For 3*s I tend to favorite characters who are close to a Legendary Token level.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Thanos 5* and Spiderman 5* are cool as hell but my team almost dies after every fight. This is just because the 12 days of Christmas loving kicks my rear end.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Christmas fights have been pretty easy for me so far.

Though I do have a lot of good 4*s maxed, which helps a ton.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
Is it just me or did the 3* rotation on the deadpool daily get shuffled this time around? Thanos used to be nearly at the end, a few after Doctor Strange, not right before him, and certainly not in rotation with Kamala Khan.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ok, I have some 4 stars that are going to time out soon and I can champ one of them. Nick Fury, Jean Grey, Deadpool, or Devil Dino?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

Ok, I have some 4 stars that are going to time out soon and I can champ one of them. Nick Fury, Jean Grey, Deadpool, or Devil Dino?

Jean x100

She’s top tier.

Next maybe Nick or Dead dunno it’s a toss up. Dino is a gimmick and you should only do it if you hate your self and want to waste the iso.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

MarcusSA posted:

Jean x100

She’s top tier.

Next maybe Nick or Dead dunno it’s a toss up. Dino is a gimmick and you should only do it if you hate your self and want to waste the iso.

I do hate myself but I don't have the ISO to waste. Will do Jean.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The new 4* seems nice, 3 passives.

I love passives.

Unironicaly.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I just want America Chavez. Even if she were bad tbh.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I'd like to see how she goes with R&G and Gamora instead of Medusa. Limited experience with the required characters node seems like she'd fit well.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I stole 10th place from this dude, and there's like 30 minutes left before the event ends.

Hopefully he'll come and take it back.

Also it's loving amazing how many points the nodes are worth in the last days, I only played the last two days and I got the 8 CP + 4* + Event Token.

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016

Nomadic Scholar posted:

I just want America Chavez. Even if she were bad tbh.

She's freaking great.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

zeroskippy posted:

She's freaking great.

Yes she really is. I'm hording everything so when she goes in I can champ her next.

Also if you are like me and like spending money on this terrible terrible game now is the time.

Amazon has the stark stash for 49 and if you pay with coins it takes it down to like 40 or so. I may or may not have 100,000 hp now.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh God America + Coulson + Loki / Wasp / Mockingbird is such a fun setup and that's with America at 1/1/1. Her damage is gonna be insane at max covers.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
America is rigoddamndiculous with thor, and boosted DD in pve. I have her green active on turn 2, and the crits do 15k for a match 3.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

She's crazy with Rocket & Groot and Gamora, even at just a single green cover. Gonna be interesting to see if she gets nerfed once folks start to champ her.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Her Green is so easy to trigger with +2 AP boosts in any two colors.

God help the enemy if you take +2 AP in all 6 colors.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
On a side note, I really enjoy the new UI updates to the mobile version.

It's nice that you can see your total Strike and Attack and Defense Tile points,

Also nice that you can see your and your opponent's AP reserves without having to slide the top part of the screen.

It's especially helpful for America.

Also the next PvE event is gonna be hella easy. Boosted R&G + required Lockjaw.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

They dropped the price on that DD H4H cover down to 250cp if anyone cares.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gonna champ my first 5* in a week or so...

Thor! Not the greatest for PVP but slaughters PVE so I'm ok with that.

I also only have like 13 4*s left to champ.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad for you.

I'm doing pulls in hopes of getting 5* Gambit.

I don't plan on leveling him, but his stats + Black passive + Chav seems like a sweet setup.

Got 1 more Black and Purple, bringing him up to 2/0/3 which isn't that bad.

Though now I have 0 CP.

Also the new Kraven seems like a R&G + Gamora counter.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hate-Senpai posted:

I'm glad for you.

I'm doing pulls in hopes of getting 5* Gambit.

I don't plan on leveling him, but his stats + Black passive + Chav seems like a sweet setup.

Got 1 more Black and Purple, bringing him up to 2/0/3 which isn't that bad.

Though now I have 0 CP.

Also the new Kraven seems like a R&G + Gamora counter.

Yeah I pulled 40LL tokens and 600CP today and my gambit is still 0/2/4 lol. I do have 5 Thor’s on the vine so yeah.

There is still about 6 weeks left for gambit so I’m crossing my fingers that I can get him.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm dying to have a Chavez / Wasp / Gambit team where I keep stealing and generating AP and Crit Tiles every turn.

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016
Can confirm that gambit+chavez is crazy good. If you've got the boosted 5* of the event you're getting upwards of 25k dmg each turn for free.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Did they funbalance Gambit already?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LorneReams posted:

Did they funbalance Gambit already?

Yeah they nerfed the 3* one and changed the 5* but true 5* is still really good.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

5* Thor is awesome sauce for PvE. It’s so drat much fun. Easily worth the 575k champ fee

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
New loading screen has Nico, America, Kate and Pizza Dog under a rainbow. I am going to assume this implies Pizza Dog is gay. Kate too but I don't care about that.

I can't believe Marvel is turning our dogs gay.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ok have enough to champ another 4 star and covers for 3 of them that can be champed. So should I go with Deadpool, Thing, or Ant-Man?

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Push El Burrito posted:

Ok have enough to champ another 4 star and covers for 3 of them that can be champed. So should I go with Deadpool, Thing, or Ant-Man?

Of those options I personally have the most fun with Deadpool. Countdown for What might honestly be my favorite power in the game, it's just so fun and unique.

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016

Push El Burrito posted:

Depends, if you've got 4* carol and rocket go Deadpool and watch the sim meta murder itself on you. Otherwise your pick, all three of them are a bit long in the tooth for the current meta.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Deadpool is the best character in the game to pair with a single 5* so if you're planned on transitioning to that then I'd definitely champ him

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!
My ipod fell out of my pocket at some point today, so I'm gonna be missing for a bit. Think I'm mscianca in game.

spacejerk
Dec 31, 2003
I can either champ Red Hulk or XF Deadpool. Any recommendations?

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016
Red Hulk can wipe whole teams and one shot nodes when boosted. Do him first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

zeroskippy posted:

Red Hulk can wipe whole teams and one shot nodes when boosted. Do him first.

Not gonna empty quote this.

I get a lot more miles out of RHulk.