Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Facebook Aunt posted:

Can you imagine if dudes were smoking crack out of corncob pipes? That would be amazing.

I don't have to imagine. :smugbird:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Can you imagine if dudes were smoking crack out of corncob pipes? That would be amazing.

I don't know anything about drugs, so is there any reason that they might not be outside of limited availability of corncob pipes?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

SpacePig posted:

I don't know anything about drugs, so is there any reason that they might not be outside of limited availability of corncob pipes?

Crack needs to be heated up so much that a corncob pipe would just catch on fire.

Also corncob pipes have basically unlimited availability.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

evobatman posted:

Can you even smoke crack, weed, heroin etc through a normal wooden tobacco pipe?

Asking for a friend.

You can't, really. Tobacco smoking is essentially something wet that you want to get to a certain temperature and keep smoldering. This is different than the use case for marijuana where you light something on fire briefly then hold the smoke in, but you don't keep the wet weed on fire for a long time. So you can use a corncob pipe for weed but it's not ideal. You could mix heroin in with tobacco and use it that way, but I think it's uncommon. Smoking isn't one of the primary ways I've seen heroin used (as a drug counselor), injection and insufflation were more common routes of administration. Crack is something users heat to a very high temperature, then inhale the vapor from. So a wooden/corncob pipe would break for crack use.

Ein
Feb 27, 2002

Guy Goodbody posted:

Has anybody done a multitool, but instead of a little knife blade it has a sword blade? I'd back that Kickstarter. massive mutitool with a sword blade, machete blade, full size crowbar, yardstick, etc.

IIRC there were a couple of kickstarters trying to sell an all-in-one axe/hammer/crowbar type of thing, probably with a carpenter's nub of a pencil jammed in there somewhere. Foldable pens were also popular for a bit. Notebooks probably peaked with the one where the user would use an app to take a photo of a page and through the IoT it would be uploaded and converted to a PDF that could then be downloaded to a computer. It was the notebook that could be erased by being put in a microwave.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ein posted:

IIRC there were a couple of kickstarters trying to sell an all-in-one axe/hammer/crowbar type of thing, probably with a carpenter's nub of a pencil jammed in there somewhere.

Isn't that just a Halligan bar?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Ein posted:

It was the notebook that could be erased by being put in a microwave.
That sounds like it would make a cool 'spy toy' for kids at least :shrug:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I’m not sure how it’s a spy toy, and I live in a house with frequent displays of pre-teen spycraft, but it sounds like a decent toy in some sense if you don’t have paper but do have a microwave.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

(Subjunctive,) didn't we just see that notebook at Lee Valley Hardware?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yes, I think so.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Volcott posted:

A leatherman that vapes.

Give me your money.

A tool that's a tool.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Why would hillbillies smoke crack when meth is so plentiful? :smith:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Evil Fluffy posted:

Why would hillbillies smoke crack when meth is so plentiful? :smith:

Some men just want to smell the world burn.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

CommonShore posted:

Crack needs to be heated up so much that a corncob pipe would just catch on fire.

Also corncob pipes have basically unlimited availability.

So loving catch that poo poo on fi...I think you might've just made a crack innovation.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Jimmy crack corncob and he don’t care.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

quote:

NIRVANA: Personal Ear Acupressure for Anxiety & Stress

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/251962593/nirvana-personal-ear-acupressure-for-anxiety-and-s

PurpleButterfly
Nov 5, 2012
With your ears poked, it's less dangerous
Here we are now, fully fund us
Sales are gonna, be humongous
Here we are now, fully fund us

PurpleButterfly has a new favorite as of 17:30 on Mar 13, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Notoriously awful children's movie returns to address hot political topics.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cool-cat-stops-a-school-shooting-a-safety-film--2

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cool-cat-stops-a-school-shooting-a-safety-film--2

I need to look into Cool Cat's previous projects. I'll be perfectly honest, he seems cool. He looks like the coolest cat in the world and also he loves me.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Ok, I just heard Cool Cat speak for the first time and I hate him. I revoke my previous post.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
There's definitely a phenomenon where people with no talent think that they can make things for children, since children have much lower standards than adults. Unfortunately for them, it's still adults who have the money and make the decisions on what to buy their kids.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

$179 is a good price for an Oo-mox machine.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ponzicar posted:

There's definitely a phenomenon where people with no talent think that they can make things for children, since children have much lower standards than adults. Unfortunately for them, it's still adults who have the money and make the decisions on what to buy their kids.

It's also compounded by Derek Savage being a rich white man in Beverly Hills who obviously lives in a bubble where no one tells him he has bad ideas. There's actually a point in Cool Cat where Derek stops the action to brag about his autographed Van Halen guitar which is obviously not actually autographed by Van Halen.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

ponzicar posted:

Except that looks like the kind of garbage cheap thing a school or church buys to meet a random requirement, and you should remember from school that those are often very low quality and not something that needs even reach the level of "a parent would buy this for $1 from the bargain bin just to have something to shut up their kid for an hour".

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

:stare:

Someone's going to get an eardrum ruptured by this poo poo, aren't they?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I thought those were just really dumb headphones. I'm shocked to find its much worse.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Zaphod42 posted:

I thought those were just really dumb headphones. I'm shocked to find its much worse.

How bad could it b-

Oh.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
Sure, they look dumb.

But they cure cancer!

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Facebook Aunt posted:

$179 is a good price for an Oo-mox machine.

Nice, got a sensible chuckle out of me :)

Evil Fluffy posted:

:stare:

Someone's going to get an eardrum ruptured by this poo poo, aren't they?

"Accompanying app v1.1 release note: enabled acupuncture needle extension limiter following customer feedback."

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I'm confused, this doesn't actually jab people in the ears, right? What the hell does it do?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Cicadas! posted:

I'm confused, this doesn't actually jab people in the ears, right? What the hell does it do?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I hope he stops a school shooting by producing an AR-15 out of thin air.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Cicadas! posted:

It blows air in your ears and pushes on them and poo poo.

Its Acupressure guys, not Acupuncture. You gotta read past the first 3 letters. (In y'alls defense Acupressure sounds made up)

That said, it'd probably still rupture people's eardrums because who knows how they designed that mess.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Acupressure is what wuxia villains use to paralyse people.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Sunswipe posted:

How bad could it b-

Oh.

Ooh, stating in advertising that something cures cancer is straight up illegal in the UK. Just in case anyone wanted to report this and get it taken down.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Doesn't stress actually contribute in some poorly-understood way to a bunch of diseases, though? Not that saying "this = cancer" isn't pretty shady.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

My layman understanding is that stress overall wears down the body and weakens the immune system.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

DoctorTristan posted:

Ooh, stating in advertising that something cures cancer is straight up illegal in the UK. Just in case anyone wanted to report this and get it taken down.

Sounds like UK is run by a bunch of "They".

Harveygod has a new favorite as of 15:34 on Mar 14, 2018

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Volcott posted:

Doesn't stress actually contribute in some poorly-understood way to a bunch of diseases, though? Not that saying "this = cancer" isn't pretty shady.

I think stress contributes to overall health and immunity, but that's super way different from saying that cancer is a product of stress.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Garrand posted:

My layman understanding is that stress overall wears down the body and weakens the immune system.

I'm not a doctor, so forgive me if I don't get the technical terms right, but I think stress is considered to be a negative modifier that knocks one or two points off all your base stats. Constitution, Strength, Wisdom, they all take a hit if you've been stressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
one point for stressed, 2 if you're also fatigued.