Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Trazz posted:

Roy Moore is either going to win the Senate race, or come in a little behind

It's been awhile since anything made me say "Jee-zus" so congratulations to you, you deranged goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Alter Ego posted:

Chances are he'll probably do both :rimshot:

fuuuccckkk

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Mustached Demon posted:

Woof, comrade, woof.

agreed man that joke is in bad taste no one would ever take these things ligh- https://twitter.com/vicenews/status/939305085703561218

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Alter Ego posted:

Holy poo poo

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Alter Ego posted:

:stare:

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Rinkles posted:

I'm trying to process their verdict. This isn't a question of intelligence.

This is from a ways back but listen to this : https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...EGXp9-Alw-TKFGY

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Alter Ego posted:

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Alter Ego posted:

llllllmao

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

pillsburysoldier posted:

agreed man that joke is in bad taste no one would ever take these things ligh- https://twitter.com/vicenews/status/939305085703561218

I think this makes me almost more sick than the cop mag dumping a kid. gently caress.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Blitz7x posted:

Nothing more than "that's a lot of blue for Alabama"

If you look at the numbers in each county they're only an increase of 1-4 percent. You have to remember in his last statewide election he only got 52 percent.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

pillsburysoldier posted:

Whenever people talk about the George Soros funded whatever, I wish the left did have some brilliant mastermind pulling the strings.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

axeil posted:

This ad is so loving good holy poo poo :stare:

I Believe In Doug Jones

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Krabboss posted:

I don't think there's any confusion in the international community about how broken the brains are in America. The brains have always been broken and the world has always known it.

Yeah really. The expectation on meeting an American is that there's a 50/50 chance they'll either have some pretty weird ideas rooted in American Exceptionalism but otherwise be kinda reasonable (ie "left wing") or be stark, raving nuts ("right wing").

(Speaking as someone from outside the country.)

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Yeah really. The expectation on meeting an American is that there's a 50/50 chance they'll either have some pretty weird ideas rooted in American Exceptionalism but otherwise be kinda reasonable (ie "left wing") or be stark, raving nuts ("right wing").

We had a Texan up to the office once back in 2009 to train staff on some software. A group of us took him out to lunch. During the conversation he straight up told us he thought Obama was trying to purposefully destroy the American economy in order to foment a communist revolution. We all stared at each other for a minute and changed the subject. He seemed normal otherwise.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Sounds about right. I grew up rather right-wing, turned pretty left wing after college but I'm sure I've still got some weird remnants of my grade school history classes in me.

Furnaceface posted:

* people from Ohio not included

edit: Hey that's not fair, my relatives love you guys and visit every US Thanksgiving. Okay, they're kinda weird and celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving instead of US, but whatever.
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Phobic Nest fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Dec 9, 2017

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The one upside to FOX news portraying Canada as some kind of hellish nightmare of taxes and laws is that the crazy right wingers tend to not come here. In Toronto you mostly meet friendly Americans from the Great Lakes states* visiting for hockey and stuff. :unsmith:

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I spend a lot of time abroad and I can't think of a time that I have run across a republican who wasn't traveling for business. The right doesn't leave the us unless it's to a gated resort.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Furnaceface posted:

The one upside to FOX news portraying Canada as some kind of hellish nightmare of taxes and laws is that the crazy right wingers tend to not come here. In Toronto you mostly meet friendly Americans from the Great Lakes states* visiting for hockey and stuff. :unsmith:

Would you recommend fleeing there should america continue sucking

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

HappyHippo posted:

We had a Texan up to the office once back in 2009 to train staff on some software. A group of us took him out to lunch. During the conversation he straight up told us he thought Obama was trying to purposefully destroy the American economy in order to foment a communist revolution. We all stared at each other for a minute and changed the subject. He seemed normal otherwise.

Obama was a secret accelerationist, I thought everyone knew that. Why do you think Michelle tried to make kids eat healthy?!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Alter Ego posted:

jesus christ

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Uncle Wemus posted:

Would you recommend fleeing there should america continue sucking

Sadly no. Its come up before but Canada copies what the US does politics wise, only on a ~10 year delay. We are going to elect our own Trump at some point and its going to be every bit as ugly for us as its going for you guys. :smith:

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

bird cooch posted:

I spend a lot of time abroad and I can't think of a time that I have run across a republican who wasn't traveling for business. The right doesn't leave the us unless it's to a gated resort.

or, proselytizing

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

Sadly no. Its come up before but Canada copies what the US does politics wise, only on a ~10 year delay. We are going to elect our own Trump at some point and its going to be every bit as ugly for us as its going for you guys. :smith:

The mayor of toronto was kind of a proto-Trump wasn't he?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

stone cold posted:

or, proselytizing

Also cruise ships.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Furnaceface posted:

I'm not sure if Canada has the same kind of racial grievance politics that exists in the US that need to be leveraged to get a Trump elected.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Failboattootoot posted:

Also cruise ships.

Cruise ships really are just gated resorts on the ocean

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Alter Ego posted:

Holy loving poo poo.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/939335520588529664
https://twitter.com/natresources/status/939236821971734530

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Moral Man and Immoral Society

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Ah yes corporate giant Patagonia Inc. Good thing we have the oil and gas lobby to protect us from Big Fleece

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Alabama is full of idiots that don't see a problem with some 30 year old loving a minor as long as he's in their party

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I really hate to generalize and stereotype but holy gently caress those Vice videos are really confirming my mental image of Roy Moore supporters as old fat white morons

thankfully Millenial and younger generations are much less susceptible to being suckered by Fox News

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

SocketWrench posted:

Alabama is full of idiots that don't see a problem with some 30 year old loving a minor as long as he's in their party

You make it sound like Republican-controlled states are alone on this matter.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
We will never undo the evils of Barack Hussein Obama if we don't elect this pedophile to the Senate.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

FizFashizzle posted:

Whenever people talk about the George Soros funded whatever, I wish the left did have some brilliant mastermind pulling the strings.

I wish it was a legal requirement you hit them in the groin with a sledgehammer

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Star Man posted:

You make it sound like Republican-controlled states are alone on this matter.

Alabama mostly.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Koalas March posted:

This. Self care is important. This poo poo is soul crushing.

The only people who should be forcing themselves to watch this poo poo are the Blue Lives crowd.

It keeps the anger alive in me. Sometimes that's important. That said, I am not watching the vids someone linked about the Chicago murder where cops sliced the victim up afterward.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
That video makes me sad because it feels like to ever have a real conversation you have to work through layers and layers of bullshit. You can't get them to believe the women until they stop thinking there's some rich guy pulling the strings and paying people to defame their party. It is just so frustrating. Like these people honestly believing that there is no racial problems after the civil rights until Obama somehow made it an issue. Just... gently caress.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Please don't use this series in reference to abuse of women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Knifegrab posted:

Please don't use this series in reference to abuse of women

Helooooo Nurse

• Locked thread