Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

greatn posted:

My friends hot take on this article: "I don't think any strategy could have won, no use examining these errors"

I still remember shortly after the primaries some states floating the idea of removing super delegates and some hillaryman over at my friends was convinced the super delegates were necessary to prevent Bernie from influencing the party because Hillary was going to usher in Democratic one party rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Pollyanna posted:

the third fuckup will be Hindsight 2020

Yeah she is going to emerge from the woods with podesta in tow talking about how losing this year gives them the unique experience needed to defeat the Trump reelection as she has more experience than anyone running against Donald trump, and she is the only choice for 2020.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Ace of Baes posted:

Sounds about right, culture of the Clinton Campaign, in my personal experience, was any critique of Clintons messaging or campaign was met with "that (whatever critique) is just misogyny", and critique on where they were allocating resources was met with "there's people much smarter than you, with lots of data and algorithms, deciding these things".

That's exactly the next thing he said when I pulled more quotes

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Ace of Baes posted:

Sounds about right, culture of the Clinton Campaign, in my personal experience, was any critique of Clintons messaging or campaign was met with "that (whatever critique) is just misogyny", and critique on where they were allocating resources was met with "there's people much smarter than you, with lots of data and algorithms, deciding these things".

Remember how they were gonna unveil their AI that was supposed to win the election lmfaooooooo

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Accretionist posted:

She'd probably have screwed up the presidency anyways

Yeah she would have sucked

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The AI was Robbie Mook because guy had no attachment to actual human beings

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Fun Fact: The only person who listened to any of my questioning of campaign strat was Tim Kaine, who when I brought up dems ignoring CJ Reform/Ignoring BLM, agreed that they weren't paying enough attention to it, and that they should be focusing on it more than they currently were.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

so like.... what was the Clinton campaign actually doing? from that article it sounds like they completely ignored their local offices and people trying to volunteer for them and the data they collected. was the entire loving campaign built to just vacuum up PAC money and air terrible ads?? what the gently caress was their plan????

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Baloogan posted:

the entire campaign from top to bottom was playing dwarf fortress

now they are playing liberal crime squad

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Fullhouse posted:

so like.... what was the Clinton campaign actually doing? from that article it sounds like they completely ignored their local offices and people trying to volunteer for them and the data they collected. was the entire loving campaign built to just vacuum up PAC money and air terrible ads?? what the gently caress was their plan????

To win

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Fullhouse posted:

Calling people who already leaned HRC/Strong Dem and trying to get them to sign up to volunteer to call more people who already leaned HRC/Strong Dem.

"it's a waste of time to try to appeal to moderates/trump supporters"

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Fullhouse posted:

Iowa and Texas aren't going to win themselves my friend.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The Kingfish posted:

Come on dude he is obviously "Big Dan" Teague.

Big Dan is definitely another good choice.

Actually in retrospect, Roger Stone is the Devil.

(Take that any way you please)

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Ace of Baes posted:

Calling people who already leaned HRC/Strong Dem and trying to get them to sign up to volunteer to call more people who already leaned HRC/Strong Dem.

"it's a waste of time to try to appeal to moderates/trump supporters"

But their policy positions activity pushed away the anti-establishment wing of the party, which was supposed to bring in moderates.

So...they only did the parts that got people to not vote for them? Yyyyyeeah

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

quote:

From the day Clinton released her launch video, the campaign knew she’d struggle with enthusiasm.

Gotta love a campaign founded on the principle of convincing voters nationwide to hold their nose and vote for you for the lack of a better option.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

UHD posted:

personally I think her campaign didn't have enough katy perry and that was a fatal error

on top of all the other dumb bullshit

also I just tried to swype the word bullshit on my phone and it autocorrected to hillary

this is why windows phone is best

I think the Katy Perry ad could have executed that joke better. But I thought the premise was funny.

Also lol at the whole series of irrelevant internet skits/ads or Hillary/voting generally being liked then Lena's just being completely underwater in ratings.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Fullhouse posted:

from my understanding

it was a base turnout strategy which consisted of

1. registering voters in areas that their model said there would be lots of hillary voters(they were fairly successful at this)
2. getting people who were strong drc/dem to volunteer and contact other members of the base to volunteer (uh oh)
3. GOTV for early voting and on election day (laffo)

they made the assumption that if you voted for obama twice you probably had a good chance to vote for hillary, they just needed to turn you out since people don't vote. they didn't do persuasion which goes to the neutral or slight leans people and tries to convince them. it would have given them insight into the trump appeal in the firewall states and allowed them to course correct.

instead they got mooked

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Fullhouse posted:

I think they assumed that all they needed to do was make Trump look like a big hateful idiot in public (easy, because he actually is a big hateful idiot) and the election would win itself.

Turns out they were half right.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

docbeard posted:

I actually am. Hillary Clinton is many things, but I never would have put "idiot" on the list. (Then again, I doubt she had much to do with direct campaign strategy, so "person who hires idiots" is probably more accurate.)

Her job as a leader is to hire people, so the fact that she hires idiots means that she either is one as well, or that she is a sociopath / egotist who loves to be surrounded by dimwitted bootlickers who think everything she does is pure genius.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
If I had a dollar for every time I heard an HRC staffer/volunteer say something along the lines of "we don't need _______s votes to win" I'd have enough money to recoup to gas I used trying to win her an election.

My favorite moment though is arguing with a group of 3 diehards who were 100% convinced the election was over by Nov 6th because of NV early vote, including when one of them went on a rant about how I didn't understand polling and how Sam Wang was a "real" polling scientist and how 538 were a bunch of hacks who only gave Trump a chance of winning to increase page clicks.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Fullhouse posted:

They misunderstood "winning is turning out your base," and focused on that without taking into account electorial votes.
Similar to her 08 gently caress ups that involved running up irrelevant scores.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

hillary 2008: what the gently caress is a delegate
hillary 2016: what the gently caress is a electoral college
hillary 2020: what the gently caress is a vote

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Ace of Baes posted:

If I had a dollar for every time I heard an HRC staffer/volunteer say something along the lines of "we don't need _______s votes to win" I'd have enough money to recoup to gas I used trying to win her an election.

My favorite moment though is arguing with a group of 3 diehards who were 100% convinced the election was over by Nov 6th because of NV early vote, including when one of them went on a rant about how I didn't understand polling and how Sam Wang was a "real" polling scientist and how 538 were a bunch of hacks who only gave Trump a chance of winning to increase page clicks.

My impression is that the DNC bigwigs were loving giddy with excitement that they could FINALLY safely disregard the disgusting uppity poors who have the filthy habit of wanting something in exchange for their votes.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Gotta love a campaign founded on the principle of convincing voters nationwide to hold their nose and vote for you for the lack of a better option.

My organizers pitch to prospective volunteers was an explanation of what "incremental progress" is, and how you might not like it but thats how politics works and if you don't agree, well then you're just start eyed and naieve.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

Her job as a leader is to hire people, so the fact that she hires idiots means that she either is one as well, or that she is a sociopath / egotist who loves to be surrounded by dimwitted bootlickers who think everything she does is pure genius.

I mean, at the very least, I think the evidence at this point is pretty damning that her lack of people skills doesn't just extend to not being great at rallies.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Stop probating people who disagree with you, cries poster who had to skip 4 pages to cherrypick one post where I probated somebody for being dumb and angry.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

logikv9 posted:

Stop probating people who disagree with you, cries poster who had to skip 4 pages to cherrypick one post where I probated somebody for being dumb and angry.

ive had it up 2 here with this hillshill moderation

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Al! posted:

ive had it up 2 here with this hillshill moderation

don't sign your posts

Edit: literally

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Yeah, I see a lot of gently caress YOU WE DON'T NEED YOU ANYWAY directed at...everyone? Like in the month since the election I have seen everyone from Russia to black men to college educated women to old people to young people to somehow Muslims being 'held accountable' for a Trump victory and dismissed out of hand.

I think the ideal Democratic voter is one guy named David in New York. He is the only possessor of all the Correct Opinions and only his vote should be counted, handily eliminating the need to campaign.

(David is rich.)

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

steinrokkan posted:

clinton's communications director (palmieri) was worse at her job than a 27 year old who's only previous experience was public relations for ivanka trump's fashion line

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Tbf, that's a lot of what Trump did with her too.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

bump_fn posted:

the hillary campaign fucks computers and cums in them????

And then wipes them, like with a cloth

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Excuse me she bleaches them, it is a very expensive process

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

the biggest remaining hillary fan i know personally is doubling down on the bargaining stage of "electoral college not voting trump" fantasies and Russia/Comey conspiracy

they also are a major public media presence at a certain influential website that rhymes with "ox"

Zikan has issued a correction as of 18:22 on Dec 14, 2016

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Zikan posted:

the biggest remaining hillary fan i know is doubling down on the bargaining stage of "electoral college not voting trump" fantasies and Russia/Comey conspiracy

they also are a major public media presence at a certain influential website that rhymes with "ox"

He's cruisin' for another bruisin'

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ace of Baes posted:

don't sign your posts

Edit: literally

the sig just got 400 pixels higher

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

its called summers eve

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

logikv9 posted:

Excuse me she bleaches them, it is a very expensive process

ACID WASH

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
It's interesting because the poo poo in Texas probably helped flip some pretty important seats in Harris County. We have a DA and sherrif that aren't basing their entire law enforcement style on "more homeless people in prison" now, which is cool. Hell of a way to spend 1.2 billion tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
There's still a lot of Hillary supporters in denial, my network of volunteers/friends I made during the campaign basically split in the week following the election, one side recognizing that we lost because of bad campaign/msg/party, the other half still believing (or at least claiming), that Hillary only lost because racism/sexism/Russia/Comey.

One dude like 3 days after the election was telling me it was because DT wasn't a politician,and that dems could never run a politician, at least one with a history over a few years, again, because that's why Hillary lost.

• Locked thread