Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Looks like the next 5* is Kitty, with OML and Phoenix in the mix for the draw. I should just wait for her to show up in the Latest Legends to pull with Hope and Loki, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sesq posted:

Looks like the next 5* is Kitty, with OML and Phoenix in the mix for the draw. I should just wait for her to show up in the Latest Legends to pull with Hope and Loki, right?

Honestly?

Yeah wait till she is in the LL but don't pull while Hope and Loki are there. Neither of them are that great and if you really want Kitty (who doesn't seem that great either) at least wait till there are some better 5*s there.

Wasp is kinda Garbage tier.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Who are the best characters per their * level? I'm pretty sure Grocket is up there for 4* guys, and I'd imagine IM40 is for 3*, just for his yellow.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Some ppl in pizza dog were saying that vulture is one of the best 4*

btw Halberd is me and my phone's broken so don't kick me while i get a new one

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Leavemywife posted:

Who are the best characters per their * level? I'm pretty sure Grocket is up there for 4* guys, and I'd imagine IM40 is for 3*, just for his yellow.

IMO
5*
Thor
JJ
Oko

4*
America (shes great with some AP generators no question)
Rocket
Vulture
Medusa
Gamora

Captain Marvel + Wasp (they are ok alone but make a baller team together)

The 4* Tier has a lot of really good dudes in it actually.

3*
IM40 Obv.
Strange (for goon nodes)
Thanos (for easy clears)

Thats just a quick glance.

The 5* Tier is kinda hosed because of how they do the rotations and how hard it can be to actually cover a good 5* before they leave without spending money.

I spend to much money on this stupid game. :homebrew:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sesq posted:

its weird that we've got kitty pryde but dont have dungeon masters guide or twelve sided die

gmcsonoma
Jan 27, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

its weird that we've got kitty pryde but dont have dungeon masters guide or twelve sided die

And Nightcrawler too

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!
Anybody still recruiting? I'm currently in Bounce House, and the last couple boss events been 1 of 2-4 people playing

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

thisusedyet posted:

Anybody still recruiting? I'm currently in Bounce House, and the last couple boss events been 1 of 2-4 people playing

I've got a slot open in Bone Rangers, we got up through round 6 on this last galactus event. Could probably make another slot or two if more people want in, I've got a couple of people who haven't logged in for like two months.

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Cinderella boy... Out of nowhere...
Yam Slacker

CidGregor posted:

I've got a slot open in Bone Rangers, we got up through round 6 on this last galactus event. Could probably make another slot or two if more people want in, I've got a couple of people who haven't logged in for like two months.

I'd like to switch to a new alliance, mine sucks. Hunkmanbeef44

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I am not an officer (so I can’t invite), but Roxxon Oil has 4 open spots, and got 2 of the Ghost covers in the Galactus event.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Mardragon posted:

I'd like to switch to a new alliance, mine sucks. Hunkmanbeef44

Got you in. Still room for one or two more if anyone else is looking.

EDIT: vvvv Got you too.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Sep 25, 2018

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!
Just applied (to Bone Rangers) as Mscianca88

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

What the hell. I just saw an offer to get Marvel Rising deal including Chavez cards for 29.99. Went to buy, gave me an error message, and now I can only get the Squirrel Girl offer for 19.99.

I don't have any Chavez and I wantz Chavez.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Go back and click the one next to the current offer. It should still be there for another day or so

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you know i recently got a single covered Jessica Jones blue recently and although i am still just in the early 4* transition i am still pretty shocked at how idiotically strong it is, even in pvp. also in the current event with 3* Thor boosted i realized his red and yellow just change the color of the tiles but still activate her blue, which makes it better than a lot of reds it feeds in to that destroy tiles or charge them.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

you know i recently got a single covered Jessica Jones blue recently and although i am still just in the early 4* transition i am still pretty shocked at how idiotically strong it is, even in pvp. also in the current event with 3* Thor boosted i realized his red and yellow just change the color of the tiles but still activate her blue, which makes it better than a lot of reds it feeds in to that destroy tiles or charge them.

JJ Thor and Oko are legit like the best of the best in the game no question.

Oko and Thor really suck on PVP defense though but for climbing there is no better.

JJ on defense can give you a real hard time since she creates her tile before the AI makes a match so you can take a 10k+ hit and there is nothing you can do about it.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=news&f=mpq-5th-anniversary-celebration-10-1-18&l=en

Details on the 5-year anniversary event

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Taskmaster looks sick

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The gently caress's a Limited 4*.

What, like Howard Duck and the Dino?

EDIT: But yeah the dude seems rad as hell.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hate-Senpai posted:

What, like Howard Duck and the Dino?

Yes.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
I guess I'm jumping back into this dumb game for the anniversary, could someone in Roxxon Oil approve my join request?

Jack Deth
May 29, 2005

Welcome to the 21st century.
Okay, is someone out there Franquitomauri?

Additionally, Goonery has a few openings thanks to a couple of people idling away into infinity. Jump onboard.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

So what's the prevailing wisdom on what to do with 3* characters that have been champion-maxed? Obviously it's pretty trivial to constantly cycle 2* heroes, but that's due to the prevalence of their covers and only needing 50 champion levels, making for pretty quick turnaround time. But after around 4 years of playing this game I only just now, with this wad of Grey Suit Black Widow covers as prizes for webbed wonder and places of power, have gotten my first champion-maxed 3*. I really really really do not want to blow her up and start over, but the rewards that have been pouring in from champion levels, especially toward the end of the ladder, are hard to ignore. Thoughts?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

CidGregor posted:

So what's the prevailing wisdom on what to do with 3* characters that have been champion-maxed? Obviously it's pretty trivial to constantly cycle 2* heroes, but that's due to the prevalence of their covers and only needing 50 champion levels, making for pretty quick turnaround time. But after around 4 years of playing this game I only just now, with this wad of Grey Suit Black Widow covers as prizes for webbed wonder and places of power, have gotten my first champion-maxed 3*. I really really really do not want to blow her up and start over, but the rewards that have been pouring in from champion levels, especially toward the end of the ladder, are hard to ignore. Thoughts?

i mean, you could just spend 1000 hp to roster another one instead of selling her or never rostering another one

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah when I max a 3* I just buy a new slot and raise a new one till it's max covered, then I sell the max champed one. The then free slot can be used for the next max champed 3* or newest character when it comes out.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Back when I was ISO starved Once one was max champed and I had one cover for the new one I'd sell the maxed champ one.

Now that I'm like 3+ million ISO I just pay the 1k HP and roster a second one. :shrug:

If you are in 4* land really keeping a maxed 3 around doesn't do a whole lot for you save a few of the really good ones.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm always ISO starved, though I've built up to 600k now with the double ISO going on.

I'm now HP poor because I pulled for Taskmaster cause he looks fun and now I regret it cause I'm never gonna get enough covers to max him.

Also spent the 500+ CP I'd been saving up so now I'm poor in CP as well. Doc Oc kept showing up instead of Okoye or Thor or Jessica.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I see people saying that Grocket is a strong team/character. Can I get some details? Is it just 4 star Rocket, or is Gamora included? And is the strength just in dumping out a bunch of damage tiles at the start?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Orvin posted:

I see people saying that Grocket is a strong team/character. Can I get some details? Is it just 4 star Rocket, or is Gamora included? And is the strength just in dumping out a bunch of damage tiles at the start?

Yeah Gamora / Rocket is a solid 4* team but Even Rocket by himself helps a lot because those strike tiles really add up.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Orvin posted:

Doesn't necessarily need to be 4* Gamora, but she's the one that probably works best cause she has a cheap 6-cost Blue that can stun 2 units + create 1 or 2 Strike/Attack tiles. If you're up against mooks, 4* Starlord is good too with his AP generation and lowered costs. Dunno about Drax, Nebula, or the other non-4* versions of Gamora and Starlord.

And yes, the insane amount of Strike tiles is what makes Rocket & Groot so good, especially when they're boosted like in the current event and the damage is boosted to insane levels. A great pair is like Gamora, R&G, and Medusa/3* IF cause then you get a secondary source of damage that's also boosted by the Strike tiles.

Like, you could just not use R&G's other skills and just rely on the Strike tiles and you'd still stomp poo poo.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I didn’t look too closely at R&Gs power when at 5 covers. When I looked harder and did the math, at level 90 it is something like +1k damage, so I can only image when you have him up at level 200-300 how hard that hits.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my 4* starlord is up to 4/3/4 and level 229 or so, any especially good teams for him? i have a coulson but only 0/1/1 and a medusa but only 0/0/1. i guess any good 3 star teams with him

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

my 4* starlord is up to 4/3/4 and level 229 or so, any especially good teams for him? i have a coulson but only 0/1/1 and a medusa but only 0/0/1. i guess any good 3 star teams with him

He’s great with wasp carol and him

He really shines up against mooks who use a lot of powers.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would probably almost never use Starlord in PvP, but he's amazing in PvE. I've used him with 4* Cyclops and 3* Iron Man for cheapass skill spammin; IM40 Yellow creates Red and Blue AP for only 4 AP, and reduced costs on Cyclops's Blue is amazing.

Also good, 5* Hawkeye and 4* Coulson for endless repetitions of Hawkeye's Blue and Starlord's Red because Hawkeye only requires 3 Blue AP per Blue cast, and you get 2 Red + 2 Blue + 2 random AP back whenever a cooldown expires, more if it's from Starlord's Yellow.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

As long as we're doing comp chat...

I've got a 7-cover Green Goblin now, starting to wonder what sort of team comps would complement his countdown-protecting utility. The only champs I have that make multiple countdowns right now are ant-man and deadpool, but I feel like there's probably someone i don't have that would be rad.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

Ignite Memories posted:

As long as we're doing comp chat...

I've got a 7-cover Green Goblin now, starting to wonder what sort of team comps would complement his countdown-protecting utility. The only champs I have that make multiple countdowns right now are ant-man and deadpool, but I feel like there's probably someone i don't have that would be rad.

Shuri's game plan revolves around fortified tiles. 4* Luke also has an ability that does damage for every fortified tile. Not super sure how well the three of them synergize as a team though.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT

Orvin posted:

I didn’t look too closely at R&Gs power when at 5 covers. When I looked harder and did the math, at level 90 it is something like +1k damage, so I can only image when you have him up at level 200-300 how hard that hits.

He's boosted right now and turn 1 match damage is over 4k with any other Guardian on the team.

spacejerk
Dec 31, 2003
I can either champ 4 star Gamora or 4 star Starlord right now. Any thoughts? Is one more fun than the other?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
4* Starlord is fun for PvE, against mooks who make no matches and only create Countdown Tiles. He has a lot of synergy with a buncha good heroes. The more reusable and cheaper your powers are, the better they are for Starlord, since you get -2 AP costs on everything but Black. If you have characters who generate AP with their skills, like IM40 or 4* Cyclops or Kamala, then you can do so even more effectively. If you have cheapass skills like Nova's or 5* Hawkeye's, then that's even better. Hell, Hawkeye + Starlord is amazing cause Hawkeye's Blue costs 3 AP when Starlord's Countdown Tiles are up and give you back Red and Blue AP (2/3 at max) whenever a Countdown Tile expires, so it's literally paying for itself and then some. Even more if you have Coulson. His Red hits decently when you have 6 Countdown Tiles on board (easy enough with his Yellow + Purple) and hit like a truck when he's boosted.

4* Gamora is probably 4* Rocket & Groot's best partner. Blue is a cheap stun on 2 units that comes with a passive that creates 1 Strike/Attack Tile for any enemy you stun (even enemy self stuns like IM40's work). And if you happen to get an Attack Tile your damage is pretty much doubled caused it gets all the benefits of R&G's Strike Tiles. Black creates a bunch of Strike or Attack Tiles. Also, all her special tiles are created on Purple Tiles, which can be sorta limiting. That said, her passive of 'kill an enemy if all Purple Tiles are friendly Special tiles' is pretty fun when it pops off. Though it can be detrimental when you accidentally trigger it and lose all your Purple Special Tiles on a near-dead enemy while you still have 2 more to kill.

I would probably not use Starlord in PvP, since I'd rather not hinge my strategy on my opponent using abilities. I guess it does sorta deter me from fighting people who have him on Defense but I'd rather fight him with a non-ability based team (Chavez, Wasp, Coulson) than deal with R&G, who is often paired with Gamora. Starlord doesn't seem to get paired with R&G that often, or show up in PvP a lot.

Also, Starlord (+ IM40) can sorta suck when fighting Maggia mooks, cause they keep creating Yellow Countdown Tiles.

So I guess it depends on where your focus lies. And whether you have 4* R&G.