Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

The Wonder Weapon posted:

That thicket bow seems pretty sick, and the sockets are exactly what you want, short of not all being linked. I can buy that the harbinger is better, but what is that, 1000x more expensive?

It's only 10x more expensive - exalted is about 100c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

I found a Sire of Shards last night, is there anything cool I can do with this or does the nova passive kinda gently caress things up? I kinda thought about trying to do the frostbolt ignite build with it and 2 Frozen Trails for a bunch of easy clear power but I'm also a little worried that the ignites would be too weak without Doryani's Catalyst.

SoS really shines once you 6L it (and you can do some funky stuff with it as a Saboteur)

Lightning Trap and Threshold EK for example already shoot in a nova, CoC with slow moving projectiles (Frost Bolt and Magma Orb) means you can Cyclone forward and hit everything in front and behind, any projectile spells in Traps

Traps especially are good because you can basically guarantee that all of them go off and hit a target, like a remote shotgun

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Mr. Despair posted:

I don't like that randomizer

Searing Bond Ranger with Vaal Pact

Yeah, don't think I'll be using that generator.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004
I wonder if there's beer on the sun?

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

I found a Sire of Shards last night, is there anything cool I can do with this or does the nova passive kinda gently caress things up? I kinda thought about trying to do the frostbolt ignite build with it and 2 Frozen Trails for a bunch of easy clear power but I'm also a little worried that the ignites would be too weak without Doryani's Catalyst.

I did a Shire of Shards CoC build for a while (Frost Bolt, Magma Orb, Ball Lightning).

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/thesomberlain/characters

It was probably the most fun I had this league. Bad for top tier bosses, but just annihilates everything else.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I know it's super late to be doing this, so I probably won't even bother, but...how are you supposed to shape a (say) strand, which requires the t6 shaper orb, which drops in a t11 map, but then the t11 map is done and that ruins your shaping? Or you have to do that and then undo that one t11 map? And you do that for each tier that you're shaping?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Correctamundo

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

whypick1 posted:

Correctamundo

Soooo is it worth doing this late in a league or just whatever it? I've done zero t11 and t12 maps so far.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

silvergoose posted:

Soooo is it worth doing this late in a league or just whatever it? I've done zero t11 and t12 maps so far.

That's up to you and what you want to do with the rest of the league :)

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

silvergoose posted:

You have a couple of weeks. Worth doing just to get the hang of how atlas/map drops work.

Do the corrupted lvl 11 that gives orb, shape strand, then un-complete the first one (if it's the same for everyone I think it's excavation).

Then run whatever you have that isn't lvl 11 (higher is always better) to try and get more maps. If you don't have any completed 11s then nearly all drops at that level will be shaped strand.

It doesn't have to be strand, or even a 6 + 5 shape. Shore is good too, probably others. The thing with lower level shaped maps is that its way cheaper to sextant them up, bosses are usually easier, and you can pick a nice layout.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
The devs are doing their best to not simply say "gently caress you guys, heres all the goddamn 3.0 patch notes are you happy now?" and instead are posting a shiton of :words: about the upcoming dot changes

Damage Over Time Changes - More Information Part 2

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
With pictures in the thread in case you still don't get it

Old

New

Though the "Old" still leaves out the area/projectile/etc double-dip on the DOT path...

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I find corrupted excavation really hard, I've tried 4 times and not managed.

WTB carry

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
So I made a pretty good belt for my WI Templar:

Second try. Sold the first try for 1ex. My friend ragequit when I showed him.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

I'm mostly concerned about more affixes making items harder to roll as I'm SSF. We'll see I guess.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
I'm really hoping and expecting that they completely ignore SSF when balancing. There's no equitable way to make economy changes that work in both a trading context and a solo context, short of maintaining completely different sets of odds.

I'm surprised they even put the SSF mechanics in honestly. Seems like they're just trading off between complaints that self-found isn't available to complaints about every change from here to the end of time because it makes the weirdo voluntary choice of playing a multiplayer game in isolation too hard.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Oodles posted:

I find corrupted excavation really hard, I've tried 4 times and not managed.

WTB carry

Is it the bosses?

They have Phylacteral Link: One of the monsters has a disc under it, and all other monsters are invincible. The disc moves around every 7 seconds so you have to keep changing your target.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Do I need to be able to "see" a map on my atlas in order to get the bonus from completing it? I only ask because excavation actually isn't even visible yet. I should just go find the other maps I need on poe.trade and finish everything up to t10, I guess. Laziness.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

silvergoose posted:

Do I need to be able to "see" a map on my atlas in order to get the bonus from completing it? I only ask because excavation actually isn't even visible yet. I should just go find the other maps I need on poe.trade and finish everything up to t10, I guess. Laziness.

It'll show up on the atlas when you complete it

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Qwertycoatl posted:

It'll show up on the atlas when you complete it

Okay, good. I guess I should go buy an excavation or something.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

George posted:

So I made a pretty good belt for my WI Templar:

Second try. Sold the first try for 1ex. My friend ragequit when I showed him.

Holy gently caress balls

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

How much is that worth? Jeez.

George
Nov 27, 2004

I found a very similar one for 10ex, but could probably get away with higher.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Finally got to 36 challenges last night. Feels good.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

interrodactyl posted:

Is it the bosses?

They have Phylacteral Link: One of the monsters has a disc under it, and all other monsters are invincible. The disc moves around every 7 seconds so you have to keep changing your target.

Makes sense. Hence why my SRS struggles with it.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Oodles posted:

Makes sense. Hence why my SRS struggles with it.

I'd be happy to finish the bosses for you should we be on at the same time.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
Random Chayula breaches in t6 maps have been very kind to me, I've had three over the last day or so which have dropped a relic key, a skin of the loyal and an exalted orb. I'm now far richer by multitudes more than I've ever been in this game. I feel I should spend my new found wealth transitioning my Life/Evasion Blade flurry assassin to CI.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Does anyone know if the corpse explosion effect of Infernal Blow counts as consuming a corpse for Necromancer's Spirit Eater?

If so, I have a very dumb plan...

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Nope:

Wiki article on Vaal Detonate Dead posted:

Ascendancy interaction: Despite Detonate Dead exploiting an unused corpse, this skill does not satisfy the condition of consuming a corpse for the purpose of the Necromancer's Spirit Eater or the Ascendant's Necromancer ascendancy skills. This is easily tested by taking the Necromancer's Spirit Eater, and using Detonate Dead on a corpse. The players damage does not increase after using Detonate Dead.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Sad, but thanks.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I think I had a similar idea as you, but using Oro's Flicker Strike with Pyre, but never really fleshed it out. Now I have no reason to do so.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Noper Q posted:

Sad, but thanks.
Just means you need to link it to Cast on Melee Kill!!

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
The last half an hour of this game is really not fun. At least I got through it on cruel by myself unlike normal.

George
Nov 27, 2004

The good news is that you never have to bother doing it on merciless.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah if I'm being honest, I really dislike Act 4.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Daresso's Dream is the only cool part of act 4 because it has the buff chickens

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
I can't wait for 3.0 and never having to do act 4 in cruel/merc again...

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Red Red Blue posted:

Daresso's Dream is the only cool part of act 4 because it has the buff chickens

Rooster demons, aka cocks. And bulldogs. It's literally a cock'n bull area.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Magus42 posted:

I can't wait for 3.0 and never having to do act 4 in cruel/merc again...

Until they unveiled that act nine is just act four all over again

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I doubt you're going to be re-killing Daresso/Kaom/Malachai though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Lechtansi posted:

Until they unveiled that act nine is just act four all over again

Except it isn't. The revisits change things, so it won't just be a carbon copy.

• Locked thread