Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Frankston posted:

No, it's a head slot.

Ugh, :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Alxprit posted:

The only one that seems to be unique is Majora's Mask, from what I could tell the description made it sound like it would work as all the other masks combined.

Where'd you see that description? This one just says it makes it harder for certain enemies to spot you: https://www.reddit.com/r/Breath_of_the_Wild/comments/6haq74/majoras_mask_dlc_ability_detailed/

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

CaptainCaveman posted:

Where'd you see that description? This one just says it makes it harder for certain enemies to spot you: https://www.reddit.com/r/Breath_of_the_Wild/comments/6haq74/majoras_mask_dlc_ability_detailed/

Yeah, in other words camouflaging amongst them, which is what the other masks do. And by "certain" enemies I assume it means Bokoblins, Lizalfos, Moblins, and Lynels, and not the types that aren't represented. It doesn't seem like too much of a stretch to me?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

it means you can't be detected by fellow majoras

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Frankston posted:

No, it's a head slot.

Regarding Master Mode I don't have any desire to play it currently because I only just finished the game myself a few days ago and I have no desire to go through it all again anytime soon. Maybe in a year or so I'll give it a try.

I'm certain to give it a shot, but I never made it through Twilight Princess's Cave of Ordeals (though I did make it through Wind Waker's). I get the feeling I will not be sufficiently skilled to work my way through these Sword Trials.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I beat the game without ever having beaten a Lynel so I definitely know I couldn't make it through the trials.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Alxprit posted:

Yeah, in other words camouflaging amongst them, which is what the other masks do. And by "certain" enemies I assume it means Bokoblins, Lizalfos, Moblins, and Lynels, and not the types that aren't represented. It doesn't seem like too much of a stretch to me?

Oh, when I read that I thought of a stealth boost, but you could be right.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Were you guys just speculating about Link losing his heart and stamina upgrades for the trial of the sword? In the treehouse demonstration he keeps everything except equipment and consumables

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
How do I find lizards? I have my slate sensor set to them; but I can never actually locate them even when the sensor is bleeping off the hook

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

jivjov posted:

How do I find lizards? I have my slate sensor set to them; but I can never actually locate them even when the sensor is bleeping off the hook

You have to be sneaky! They like to live on tree trunks, so equip the stealth suit and crouch walk when your sensors really go nuts.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Drewjitsu posted:

You have to be sneaky! They like to live on tree trunks, so equip the stealth suit and crouch walk when your sensors really go nuts.

I dunno if I'm doing it wrong or what; but that's what I've been doing. I never even see them scurrying away or anything, I just never actually get visual contact with one

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
You might try cutting down grass, I found a bunch of the haste lizards that way. Also frogs and crickets and fairies.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

If you're looking for the heat lizards, pick up a rock around the south mining camp and mash A as soon as you do.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Scholtz posted:

If you're looking for the heat lizards, pick up a rock around the south mining camp and mash A as soon as you do.

How does that work, every time i've done that im stuck holding a rock and by the time i put it down the lizard is long gone. theres plenty of lizards there anyway you just have to sneak up to them

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I just spent a few hours running down arctic foxes with a battle axe on horseback so I could use their meat to buy all the armor I could for now. What a game.Now to probably get enough guts and fireflies to upgrade things to level 2 and try to explore the south.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Wandle Cax posted:

How does that work, every time i've done that im stuck holding a rock and by the time i put it down the lizard is long gone. theres plenty of lizards there anyway you just have to sneak up to them

As mentioned, Just instantly tap A the moment you pick up /any/ rock, before you even know what's under it, while the lifting animation is still going on.

There is basically nothing in the game that you would find under rocks that can harm you, and Link's hands do not need to be free to grab what's under there.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer
I can't wait for the sword trials, but I'm really not looking forward to fighting a gold Lynel.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Ashsaber posted:

I just spent a few hours running down arctic foxes with a battle axe on horseback so I could use their meat to buy all the armor I could for now. What a game.Now to probably get enough guts and fireflies to upgrade things to level 2 and try to explore the south.

Coyotes and wolves give way more meat btw.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Ashsaber posted:

Go after the wolves instead. Those fuckers will actively hunt you down but the foxes never hurt anybody. :mad:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

also foxes only give you regular meat, wolves give you Prime Meat

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Silver Falcon posted:

Go after the wolves instead. Those fuckers will actively hunt you down but the foxes never hurt anybody. :mad:

And wolves are /stunningly/ easy to kill with thrown bombs. Have to credit watching a couple of the Game Grumps BoTW videos with showing me that. You can almost always kite the wolves into the blast radius as they approach you.

maltesh fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jun 18, 2017

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Silver Falcon posted:

Earwicker posted:

also foxes only give you regular meat, wolves give you Prime Meat

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Coyotes and wolves give way more meat btw.

I got a few wolves at first, on the way to the snow plains, but then they all started running away from me instead of towards, and my weapon wasn't oneshotting them either. But next time I need money I will keep this in mind.

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

Foxes are cute, so don't kill them.

Death to all wolves.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Coyotes?!

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

there are coyotes in some of the southern wasteland type areas. they p much just look like the wolves but more beige

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I took down one of the harder combat trials and walked away with some badass weapons and the climbing gear.

Also really close to getting the Master Sword. I wanna get as much HP as possible for the DLC on Friday.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I'm so annoyed at the Tingle set bonus. Not because it's redundant (though it is), but because it makes no goddamn sense. The Sheikah set bonus, I could understand. You're a ninja, you sneak better at night, why not get a speed boost. Same with Dark Link. He's a creature of darkness, he should be stronger at night.

But Tingle? Tingle? What in the ever-living gently caress does Tingle have to do with night time?

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Spergatory posted:

I'm so annoyed at the Tingle set bonus. Not because it's redundant (though it is), but because it makes no goddamn sense. The Sheikah set bonus, I could understand. You're a ninja, you sneak better at night, why not get a speed boost. Same with Dark Link. He's a creature of darkness, he should be stronger at night.

But Tingle? Tingle? What in the ever-living gently caress does Tingle have to do with night time?

His lifestyle is not accepted in hyrule. Late night clubs are where he can truly kooloo limpah.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Spergatory posted:

Have you ever seen a Tingle at night?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Thinking about imaginary future DLC, it really seems like the Bolson Construction houses were styled to be easily modular and it would be neat to have the option to build a new house somewhere that you could customize a bit even if the whole thing is entirely cosmetic since you can't interact with any of it. Also I wandered past the Akkala citadel today and thought it would be a perfect spot to add some interior space -- imagine if you could go inside and had a multi-level dungeon in there to clean out.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Everything Burrito posted:

Thinking about imaginary future DLC, it really seems like the Bolson Construction houses were styled to be easily modular and it would be neat to have the option to build a new house somewhere that you could customize a bit even if the whole thing is entirely cosmetic since you can't interact with any of it. Also I wandered past the Akkala citadel today and thought it would be a perfect spot to add some interior space -- imagine if you could go inside and had a multi-level dungeon in there to clean out.

I spent way too long looking for a way into the Akkala Citadel. Took a couple guardian shots to the face too. I would love for a dlc with a mini Hyrule Castle-esque area there.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I think i've almost had enough time since I finished my 100% run that I might be willing to start a Master mode 100% run by the time it comes out.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

I'm the dog trying to sniff Tingle's butt.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

All I want is a place to store/display more than a measly three weapons or shields.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Also let me keep the light bow damnit

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Frankston posted:

Also let me keep the light bow damnit
loving this. Annoys the hell out of me that the bow section is one box short forever because they felt like making the light bow a post point of no return thing again.

Would not have been that hard to give it to you, and then code the endgame to say "pull out your light bow" instead of "grab the light bow".

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Mega64 posted:

I'm the dog trying to sniff Tingle's butt.

That's his little buddy Barkle, handy for terrorizing skeleton pirates with. (Stalpirates?)

Maybe I'll replay Rosy Rupeeland while I'm waiting for the DLC...

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Yea, I'm looking forward to Hard Mode. I've mostly stayed away from the Death Mountain and Gerudo areas, and I don't really want to start a new game, so I'll just play the back end of this game on Hard. Should be fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Is there better/more/different loot in hard mode, or is it just kicking yourself in the nuts for shits n giggles?