Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Count Uvula posted:

Witches always feel really frail to me up until like level 70 :v: Occultists can be ridiculously tank once they get going though.

I died extraordinarily rarely. Grab a decent levelling unique or two(gull, brinerot whalers) and you're set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Bob NewSCART posted:

Haven't seen a ton of people talk about it, but the most fun character I've made to date was a blade vortex obliteration occultist guy. You can just search up blade vortex on YouTube and find liftingnerdbros guide. I ended up having like 13k ES, which recharged pretty much instantly, like 5-6k/s. Clear speed is bonkers, you just need to kill one or two things before you trigger a chain reaction of explosions that blows up the entire screen. Good boss damage too.

yeah that's a very good and cheap build, I might do this for 3.0 as a first character

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Goa Tse-tung posted:

yeah that's a very good and cheap build, I might do this for 3.0 as a first character

I also made a good and pro decision to duel wield the obliteration with an apeps rage and it's great

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Well poo poo. Maybe I should go for 40 challenges after all.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Valle posted:

Well poo poo. Maybe I should go for 40 challenges after all.

I don't have the strength. Maybe in a few weeks. Got another 400 T6+ tri leaguestone maps and a whole crapton of the endgame grind, roughly half of the easiest ones.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
I'm at 884/1000 for tri-league maps, but only about a quarter done for the endgame grinds. Ugh.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.

Bob NewSCART posted:

I also made a good and pro decision to duel wield the obliteration with an apeps rage and it's great

If this build relies heavily on poison for single target damage like most BV setups, the 3.0 nerfs may gently caress it up pretty badly. I imagine pack clearing will still be ok though.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If they're really getting rid of things like ignite immunity then I'm going to run with my all-time favorite, the Explosive Arrow Juggernaut. I can run it as generic 2h until I get a 5L + quillrain. Or maybe I'll do something like start Fireball Elementalist and transition that into EA. Either way, I'm feelin' EA is what I'm starting with.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
I'm definitely sold on SR/RF. I was leaning toward it before all the new DoT changes were listed, and those gave me even more of a reason. Between a lot of passive/item changes relating to DoT and the burning damage support being swapped to more instead of increased, there should be a lot more build variety.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
if ignite immunity is gone I'm gonna oro it up

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Emberwake taming time? Though it depends on what they're changing with Emberwake with the rest of the ignite changes (they mentioned that in one of the first posts).

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Bob NewSCART posted:

Id love to check out your character, got a link?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

please knock Mom! posted:

if ignite immunity is gone I'm gonna oro it up
Seriously considering that as well. Never actually did run a flicker build before, in part because it had things it couldn't really do.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Terminus Est flicker is pro as gently caress.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
You can also do a flicker build with literally any weapon if you're a raider.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

gladiator with red trail works great too. you also get gratuitous violence for pack pop, shield charge too if you use a 1h. oro might be the worst way to flicker these days

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Labyrinth in 3.0

Yay for actually seeing Trial progress outside of finding a goddamn Trial.

theshim
May 1, 2012

George posted:

Terminus Est flicker is pro as gently caress.
Falls off hard though, Terminus Est just doesn't do enough damage :(

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

theshim posted:

It doesn't if you use Abyssus. Can't really get around using it if you plan on tackling high end content, tho.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
The obvious choice is to use abyssus with a 1 hander so you can use a shield. An es shield, with 640ES, and a 900ES vaal reg. Its easy really.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

My badly optimized life based assassin was on track to do about 1.5 million dps to Shaper with about 250c invested but lol life builds. I had an es version in the works that was going to have at least 500k more dps but I rerolled instead of buying 50+ regrets and the gear needed to change.

theshim
May 1, 2012

One of these days I'll actually kill Shaper. I probably had a build or two that could have done it this league, but I never really pushed too hard for it. Could've afforded it, too.

I am bad at video games :(

funmanguy posted:

The obvious choice is to use abyssus with a 1 hander so you can use a shield. An es shield, with 640ES, and a 900ES vaal reg. Its easy really.
gently caress you funman

George
Nov 27, 2004

theshim posted:

I do 1.22 million. Bosses aren't smooth but if you go in with Frenzy charges it's ok.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Headhunter finally dropped for me. Pretty happy about that. :D

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have a question about Abyssus - Isn't 40% increased damage taken REALLY high or does it get buried beneath a bunch of other stuff due to being increased and not more?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Elentor posted:

I have a question about Abyssus - Isn't 40% increased damage taken REALLY high or does it get buried beneath a bunch of other stuff due to being increased and not more?

It is but basalt flasks, arctic armor, fortify, and relic Lightning Coils exist (and the Coils aren't even terribly expensive). As an added bonus, flicker strike has you warping around like Nightcrawler on a week long meth bender so you don't actually get hit all that often.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 04:41 on May 16, 2017

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Elentor posted:

Physical damage isn't THAT much of a problem if you have some ways to counter that 40% increased. Basalt, Endurance charges, Lightning Coil, Taste of Hate, AA.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
40% increased damage taken is really high and even if you mitigate it you could have had really fat phys reduction instead

Also you're probably not getting a 40% roll

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

please knock Mom! posted:

40% increased damage taken is really high and even if you mitigate it you could have had really fat phys reduction instead

Also you're probably not getting a 40% roll

Yes, but it literally doubles your damage and flicker very much benefits from oneshotting trash as much as possible. Killing things twice as fast is defensive as all hell when not doing so means you're up close taking more physical hits instead of standing in the middle of a group of corpses just long enough to warp to the next.

George
Nov 27, 2004

41% aren't out of reach, and Taste of Hate et al. really do a lot to help. You need to pay attention to it but it's not as bad as it sounds.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
What's the website where you search builds by skill gem?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
this perhaps?
http://www.timtips.com/buildbrowser/#/list

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
That's it, thanks

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
I've slapped Abyssus on a lot of characters in hardcore over many leagues. It's generally viable if you build around it, but it's pretty much guaranteed death against end game bosses who are tuned to have instant kill slams/combos even against characters that aren't wearing a hat full of razor blades.

It's an especially dangerous trap for gladiators, because 75% block does a great job of countering increased damage taken against lots of smaller attacks but the one big hit that happens to get through from uber izaro or <insert high tier boss/guardian> is probably going to kill you even with endurance charges and decent armor and arctic armor. Also double dips on bleeding which is extra fun, and it makes the labyrinth traps much more annoying.

It's a shame, because it's one of the only ways to get decent physical damage out of most one handers.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I mean you can just go crit or varunastra or get a good 1h rare because they scale up really high

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
I haven't played a duelist or similar since the buff to 1h damage, but in the past even with an abyssus it was hard to squeeze a lot of damage out of a crit foil without leaning heavily on poison double dipping or ele conversion. Or building a glass cannon, which is hardly viable for hc.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Free MTX for Twitch Prime members, free trial available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D554n85sUpk

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

that looks terrible

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Goa Tse-tung posted:

that looks terrible

In line with previous challenge rewards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Is twitch prime just linking your amazon prime account to your twitch account?

• Locked thread