Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I made an off hand post doubting that Bradford or Bridgewater would be starters again and IcePhoneix created some kind of tontine or something where I now owe him money.

All I know is, it feels like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNGZo5gn_tc

I very explicitly said it was for charity thank you

trying to make it seem like I want it for me is not very christmaslike of you

also if your friend shouts that and you don't agree then obviously you don't owe him the money duh

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Nov 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Re: Packers free agents, I think House is gone and I think someone might offer Janis more than the Packers can afford. Good Lord they better not let Burnett go. He's more important than Matthews at this point, even if it makes me sad to admit that.

Davante and Linsley are locks, or at least should be. Then again Linsley could get a sweetheart deal somewhere and I'd consider him the lower priority with how vital Davante has become to the offense. A center is ultimately easier to find than a legitimate star receiver.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Nov 28, 2017

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
the Packers WR cycle is quite something. when was the last time they lacked a number 1 receiver? ‘01?

hall of fame QBs help that, of course, but it’s hard not to be impressed by Driver > Jennings > Jordy > Adams (plus that one year of Javon Walker).

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Don't you talk poo poo on Bill Schroeder. :mad:

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Remember when a caterer got Randy Moss fired? lol

That loving sucked but in a roundabout way gave us 18-1 which taught me that everything happens for a reason

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

WHOOPS posted:

the Packers WR cycle is quite something. when was the last time they lacked a number 1 receiver? ‘01?

hall of fame QBs help that, of course, but it’s hard not to be impressed by Driver > Jennings > Jordy > Adams (plus that one year of Javon Walker).

Ted has flaws but his WR drafting is not one of them. We also had strong talent there long before he took over. I'm almost 40 and it's getting legit difficult to remember a time that we didn't have at least one genuine star receiver. I just wish Sterling hadn't broken his loving neck. He was the best of them all and would be in the hall of fame otherwise.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806817&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=28

You be the judge TFF. I don't think that constitutes a bet anymore than your childhood buddy shouting "you owe me a million dollars if you miss!" as you miss a free throw - and then he bugs you about it the rest of the day.

Man that is a poo poo way to do this.

I'd put money on Bridgewater and Bradford both never starting again.

IcePhoenix posted:

:10bux::10bux: to charity toxx that one of them starts again this year?

With no further reply.

Sorry Phoenix, but I dont think your charity of choice is getting that 20bux.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

drat, these players just can't loving stand cutler

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fenrir posted:

Ted has flaws but his WR drafting is not one of them. We also had strong talent there long before he took over. I'm almost 40 and it's getting legit difficult to remember a time that we didn't have at least one genuine star receiver. I just wish Sterling hadn't broken his loving neck. He was the best of them all and would be in the hall of fame otherwise.

Same but Nick Collins and the legion of pretty-decent Packer safeties we've had. Also Jermichael Finley and the legion of pretty-decent Packers tight ends, though he wasn't as clear-cut a superstar.

What is it with this team and neck injuries?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

SKULL.GIF posted:

Same but Nick Collins and the legion of pretty-decent Packer safeties we've had. Also Jermichael Finley and the legion of pretty-decent Packers tight ends, though he wasn't as clear-cut a superstar.

What is it with this team and neck injuries?

I don't know, man. And yeah.. Nick Collins was up there with guys like Ed Reed although there was a little less flash in his game. I'll never forget that glorious pick6 in the super bowl.

The only reason Earl Thomas is the best safety in the NFC is because Collins can't play football anymore.

Remember how the Packers defense collapsed in 2011? Guess why that happened.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Nov 28, 2017

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Remember Marc Trestman? He won another Grey Cup last night.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Wilford Cutlery posted:

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO, BROTHER, WHEN TRESTMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Wilford Cutlery posted:

lmfao

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/935488462010093569

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/935488644261011456

:negative:

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

SKULL.GIF posted:

Same but Nick Collins and the legion of pretty-decent Packer safeties we've had.

You are blessed to have forgotten the before-times when we had no safeties. Woody was gone and Peprah got cut, so we had ? and � next to Burnett. One of them might have had a name like a box wine, MD Jennings or something? THe other I have mercifully forgotten (just like the rest of the world will forget him, as he suffers the penalty of damnatio memoriae).

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
oh wow gosh i cant imagine having noname safeties who repeatedly let jordy nelson run past them for game winning touchdowns. must be terrible

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Ah yes. The Chris Conte technique.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

that's not fair to chris conte, who also let Randall Cobb run past him for a touchdown that literally won the packers the division

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Dexo posted:

Ah yes. The Chris Conte technique.

i was honestly thinking of adrian amos but they all blur together at this point. it's just green and yellow jerseys running into the end zone while bears players point at each other. the names change but the results dont

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

mastershakeman posted:

i was honestly thinking of adrian amos but they all blur together at this point. it's just green and yellow jerseys running into the end zone while bears players point at each other. the names change but the results dont

Adam Archuleta?
Antrell Rolle?
Ryan Mundy?
Major Wright?
Al Afalava?
Daniel Manning?
Kevin Payne?

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
It turns out MD Jennings also got signed by the Bears in 2014! Don't know why - he couldn't play at all, and the only scheme stuff he could have taught you would be how to get blown by for a TD which your defense was already proficient at by then.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Dexo posted:

Adam Archuleta?
Antrell Rolle?
Ryan Mundy?
Major Wright?
Al Afalava?
Daniel Manning?
Kevin Payne?

aaaaAAAAAaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Dexo posted:

Adam Archuleta?
Antrell Rolle?
Ryan Mundy?
Major Wright?
Al Afalava?
Daniel Manning?
Kevin Payne?

Ugh. Why? Just let me forget.

Edit: After a second thought, I have successfully forgotten Kevin Payne.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Rip Mike Brown. If only your body wasn't made of glass.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I know I've been pessimistic about the Vikings lately, but things have been too good for us. Yeah we lost Cook and Bradford, but besides the first games they missed we haven't really been affected by their absence. IDK, I feel like were gonna lose Keenum, and Teddy won't be as good as I hope he is.

I'm not ready for that.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I would be okay with the Packers being a bottom-feeding organization for the next 50 years. The Lions just took their turn! :colbert:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Danny LaFever posted:

I would be okay with the Packers being a bottom-feeding organization for the next 50 years. The Lions just took their turn! :colbert:

We've already had our turn. It's called the 70s and 80s.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Danny LaFever posted:

Lol you think the Packers won’t draft another HoF quarterback in about five years.

A broken down crippled old Rodgers will play for the Vikings and the Packers will win another Super Bowl.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The only reason I LIKE the Lions is their snakebit, cursed, gently caress-up nature

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Lol you think the Packers won’t draft another HoF quarterback in about five years.

A broken down crippled old Rodgers will play for the Vikings and the Packers will win another Super Bowl.

Yes, because Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy have shown that they are A+ at QB evaluations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Hub said Fox will be fired at the end of the year. Fangio will not be interim head coach or bears head coach anytime. Sounds like everyone's getting canned at the end of the year. Pace has his guys he wants to interview already

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

mastershakeman posted:

Hub said Fox will be fired at the end of the year. Fangio will not be interim head coach or bears head coach anytime. Sounds like everyone's getting canned at the end of the year. Pace has his guys he wants to interview already

The Packers better talk to Fangio the minute he's available. I haven't watched since Rodgers was injured and I don't see why I should continue watching if they keep Dom Capers another season.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

LabyaMynora posted:

The Packers better talk to Fangio the minute he's available. I haven't watched since Rodgers was injured and I don't see why I should continue watching if they keep Dom Capers another season.

I'm not sure Vic Fangio is better than Dom Capers. The last time the Bears had a good defense (by PA) was 2012 under Rod Marinelli. They've been 21st, 27th, 21st, 28th, 25th since then. Fangio is responsible for the last 3 numbers there.

He had a good run in San Francisco under Harbaugh but that defense had a shocking amount of talent.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/chi/index.htm

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I couldn't find anything saying Vic would be gone, just that he wasn't in the running for HC. I wouldn't be surprised if he stays on as DC.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm not sure Vic Fangio is better than Dom Capers. The last time the Bears had a good defense (by PA) was 2012 under Rod Marinelli. They've been 21st, 27th, 21st, 28th, 25th since then. Fangio is responsible for the last 3 numbers there.

He had a good run in San Francisco under Harbaugh but that defense had a shocking amount of talent.

fam do you know how little talent the Bears had on defense until recently.

Phil Emery torched this loving defense.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Dexo posted:

fam do you know how little talent the Bears had on defense until recently.

Phil Emery torched this loving defense.

He torched the team. That is why I don't get the people who think Pace is the problem. Let's compare what the team looked like before he arrived to now.

2014 Chicago Bears
QB: Jay Cutler
RB: Matt Forte, Ka'Deem Carey
WR: Alshon Jeffery
WR: Brandon Marshall
TE: Martellus Bennett
LT: Jermom Bushrod
LG: Ryan Groy
C: Roberto Garza
RG: Kyle Long
LT: Jordan Mills

DE: Jared Allen, Lamarr Houston, Willie Young
DT: Stephan Paea, Jay Ratliff
LB: Jonathan Bostic, Shea McClellin, Lance Briggs, DJ Williams
CB: Kyle Fuller, Tim Jennings
S: Chris Conte, Ryan Mundy

2017 Chicago Bears
QB: Mitch Trubisky
RB: Jordan Howard, Tarik Cohen
WR: Cameron Meridith, Kevin White, lol
TE: Adam Shaheen, Zach Miller
LT: Jared Leno, Jr
LG: Josh Sitting
C: Cody White hair
RG: Kyle Long
RT: Bobbie Massie

DE: Akiem Hicks, Mitch Unrein
NT: Eddie Goldman
LB: Leonard Floyd, Danny Trevathian, Jerrell Freeman, Willie Young,
CB: Kyle Fuller, Prince Amukamura
S: Eddie Jackson, Adrian Amos

The offense definitely was downgraded at wide receiver and tight end under Pace's watch, and Bennett being traded is all on Fox according to all reports.

Every other position is significantly better. As frustrating as Massie and Leno are, compared to Mills/Bushrod, they are better. Our running back situation has gotten younger. And every spot on the defense and interior line is better and deeper.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Sataere posted:

He torched the team. That is why I don't get the people who think Pace is the problem. Let's compare what the team looked like before he arrived to now.

2014 Chicago Bears
QB: Jay Cutler
RB: Matt Forte,
DE: Jared Allen

I unironically cheered for this team. It had 3 of my all time favorite players on one team.

Saint Paul has a Bears bar named Alary's in downton Saint Paul. I usually go there with a friend of mine who is a Bears fan when MIN v CHI is in Chicago. I went with him that year for CHI vs GB, got drunk and cheered with a full bar. A guy walked in with a Clay Mathews jersey and got booed from the time he walked in till he sat down, while giving the whole bar the finger. Super fun.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

The only reason I LIKE the Lions is their snakebit, cursed, gently caress-up nature

Say what you want about the Lions, they never lose in a boring way

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

SKULL.GIF posted:

Is Vic Fangio better than Mike Nolan? 'Cuz that's who Fat Mike is most likely going to push for if Dom Capers actually is fired or retires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/bradbiggs/status/935957971804262403

• Locked thread