Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Hey i'm one of those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Ignite Memories posted:

Hey i'm one of those

Thank you!

Trifoil
Apr 26, 2008
Would also like to get into Roxxon Oil (I think I was part of it several years ago) if there is space/inactives. Username: Marius1.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Okay, I can open a spot in Roxxon Oil

Trifoil
Apr 26, 2008
Thanks, I have applied now.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

What the poo poo
All these random ui changes, too much to do all at once?

duz fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Apr 30, 2021

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Does this game actually get new players? It's a 7 year old game and feels like it.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
These UI updates just get worse and worse. Clearly we all needed another tap between us and actually playing the drat game.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

how long has it been since they nerfed heroes to a significant extent? was OG bishop the last big meta nerf?

i've played this dumb game since environment tiles were a thing and i come back to it sporadically and right now my half-covered 5* carnage (3/2/3) and a champed polaris are absolutely slaying 9CL pvp. i mean eventually i run into BRBitty or Thorkoye or iHulk and that's my ceiling, but that's around 900+ points in the average event so there's plenty for me to scavenge.

is 5* carnage and polaris a meta-team that everyone is aware of? i like that they make each match into auto-pilot mode after the first turn, and i dread the day that they eat a nerf

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Yeah, I've got Polaris/Carnage/Medusa and they all do me pretty well until I run into a mirror (which happens a lot), or somebody with Grocket or BRB juicing it up more.

Also, I've realized that big time players apparently stock up their packs and stars and what not rather than hitting LL as soon as they get enough for one, etc, so I'm trying to do that. I assume it's stocking until there is a chance at a specific character you want. Do people do the name for each PvE event, until they have like 40 Orb of Agamotto packs to pull?

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 21:19 on May 2, 2021

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Do you mean the thing where you horde CP / LLT until you have enough pulls to max each of the 3 5*s in Latest Legendarys?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Jeez, how many would you need for that?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

Jeez, how many would you need for that?

Roughly 250 LTs or 7500 Cp

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Only 250?

300 to 400 pulls worth is what I heard.

Guess I only need, uh... 210 more pulls worth?

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Freaking Crumbum posted:

how long has it been since they nerfed heroes to a significant extent? was OG bishop the last big meta nerf?

I think they nerfed Hammer Captain America at the same time too. But yeah, that was the last time.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
I'm back in for the third time, which alliance has an open spot right now?

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

i think i;ve hit the point where there's no reason to look at any "offers" in the store if they don't explicitly include 5* hero shards / covers. OTOH there appears to be almost weekly $30-40 offers that contain 5* heroes now.

my conclusion is that 6* heroes are looming and they're finally giving lazy players like me a way to try and catch up before 6* heroes land

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh poo poo, the next Puzzle Gauntlet is giving away Taskmaster's Sword! Ain't that the really good Support that really helps with doing the Clash of Titans?

That's a guaranteed 3* or higher version! 3 tries for 4* or higher!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just a note, 4* Gamora's instakill works in the Puzzle Gauntlet mode, so you can cheese the harder matches (that only let you use one character) with Gamora by focusing on Blue/Black matches to stun the enemy while you convert every Purple to a Special Tile.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:
Anyone in any Alliances with space for this event? I used to be a part of Roxxon Oil an age ago but have recently picked it up again.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man, with the 5*s being boosted in PvP now, I'm wondering if I should scrounge up the last 200 Silver Surfer shards (via Mr. Fantastic) to make him my second Champ'd 5*.

Also tempted to break my horde and pull for Colossus cause everyone says he's good but I only have like, 80 pulls at most (CP + LTT) which is not nearly enough to champ any of the 5*s.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I reinstalled this game because I was bored on a flight. Dang I had a lot of stuff sitting there and I have no idea what I'm doing or if I can even catch up. I do know I have, like, 2 weeks to get 3,000 coins so I don't lose these 3 4 star fellas I got.

Is there something I should be doing now? Like, not using certain tokens? I have around 500 command points what should I do with that? Stare at it?

Edit: I don't remember having all these champed 4*s?

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jun 14, 2021

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Uh, set favorites for 3*s, 4*s, and 5*s before accepting mission rewards so you can focus on a single character for each tier to get covers for, I guess.

Don't spend CP if you don't have the HP for roster slots.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yeah I noticed they had favorites now which is nice. I just had a whole bunch of stuff sitting there when I logged in so now I have 3 4 stars with no room to roster them.

Is there room in any of the alliance stuff I used to be in Roxxon I think?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also the bad thing about spending CP and LTTs is that you feel empty when you do.

I did like 60 or so pulls on the Latest Legendaries and (obviously) didn't get enough covers to max any of the 3 5*s and it left me feeling desolate which made me drop the game for the time being again.

Haven't played a match in like two weeks.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Also the bad thing about spending CP and LTTs is that you feel empty when you do.

I did like 60 or so pulls on the Latest Legendaries and (obviously) didn't get enough covers to max any of the 3 5*s and it left me feeling desolate which made me drop the game for the time being again.

Haven't played a match in like two weeks.

FWIW I spent nearly 200 and just champed Wanda, My Colossus is 12/13 and my Krull is 6/13. You really have to pull a lot to max one of them or get really lucky. You can get them champed eventually though if you play enough at SCL10.

Wanda and Colossus are drat legit though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah I played SCL 10 using the good ol' Thorkoye setup.

But I was getting tired of having no other decently leveled 5*s (my highest 5*s are a champed Okoye, and Thor, Thanos, and SS in their early 400s, and a 5/0/5 Kitty Pride), and the game was feeling so stagnant that I gave up.

I'll probably return in a few months but for now I think I'm done.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I'm getting annoyed that it takes forever to build up ISO enough to level. I've got a huge queue of folks I can't champ because I don't have enough ISO, and it's kind of boring grinding for it.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
ISO is a bitch, and there is no easy way to get it, even with real money. It's like the biggest loving roadblock. I have like dozens of maxed 4* that I can't afford to champion...whenever I get to a million ISO, I champion like the 2 with the most saved covers and move on.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I do like the PVP change where it counts how many wins you have vs total number of points.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ironically I stopped having too many ISO issues because I champed most of my 4*s and the ones I didn't champ, I couldn't because I didn't have enough covers. Think I'm at like 78 champed right now, just need 2 more to get another cover for Immortal Hulk.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Dang I'm way out of the loop on teams and things. I attacked a team with Polaris and Sabertooth and their first move just cascaded with powers going off until I died?

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
One bad cascade from Polaris can end your team. Any time you match a special tile you make more and deal damage. Any time you clear a special tile you make more and deal damage. Any time one of your powers clears a special tile you make more and deal damage. Also if you have any special tiles at the start of the turn she deals damage.

The strike tile meta that Rocket and Groot opened up is cancerous and every time they release a champ that maybe kinda combats it they turn and quadruple down with something like Polaris or new Juggernaut that absolutely loves starting with free tiles. You can usually beat down enemy Polaris because the AI isn't focusing on matching special tiles but blind luck can end you fast. You can beat new Juggernaut but why would you want to?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Karnak/Polaris/newJuggernaut is an automatic skip for me. A skip that it feels like I have to do a half dozen times in a row to get to a different team. One that’s still packing Polaris.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I noticed 5* Daredevil was boosted for an event, which made me wonder: who does he pair well with? Mine is 3/5/3, so surely he’s good for something.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Mantis wrecks Polaris now. Also, Polaris has like no HP, so if you have a well-specced 5 star Thanos, it also kills the team.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yeah it seems like her and Morbius would be good counters to Polaris. It also seems like all the newer 4*'s have way better powers than the old ones.

The newest 4* I had champed was apparently Vulture when I left so I'm behind on a lot of them. But I still got Rocket and Medusa so it's making things a little easier.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Vulture is cheap as poo poo as he can basically fly forever if you play him right. He can be very annoying.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Push El Burrito posted:

It also seems like all the newer 4*'s have way better powers than the old ones.

the newer everything have way better powers than the old ones.

do you even remember when they used to release new 3* heroes

lmao characters like squirrel girl and the hood and oml having powers that "end the turn"

like what power would be "good" enough now that if you fired it once, you would be satisfied with the related effect ending the turn

3* dp pink when "boosted" is the only 3* power that i can actually imagine being worth the penalty of ending your turn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Freaking Crumbum posted:

the newer everything have way better powers than the old ones.

do you even remember when they used to release new 3* heroes

lmao characters like squirrel girl and the hood and oml having powers that "end the turn"

like what power would be "good" enough now that if you fired it once, you would be satisfied with the related effect ending the turn

3* dp pink when "boosted" is the only 3* power that i can actually imagine being worth the penalty of ending your turn

Cyclops can do decent damage AND destroy a row if you have a whole lot of team-up ap.

Jubilee destroys a bunch of tiles, stuns someone, and does direct damage and also she does 12 minute long diss track about your trash sneakers.

But this current Mantis PVP thing since I don't really have any of the boosted 4*'s I've been using Cloak and Dagger and Vulture and it seems to work. They don't really lay down many tiles for Polaris or Mantis to work against and Vulture likes to destroy their tiles.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jun 23, 2021