Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean self medicating is definitely going to lead to a ramp up at some point

or he could just get a medical card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
The highest level of uncle-fu is to turn up to every funeral stoned as hell and go to jail for a few years over a kilo brick of weed. We have one of those on one side of the family and I think I’m the only member of my generation that still smokes weed on the reg bc as much as we all love him, nobody wants to be that guy

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

CharlestheHammer posted:

I had no idea my DARE officer posted in this thread

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Although 3/9 of my cousins on that side are cops so maybe that’s a bit too far

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Nae! posted:

I had no idea my DARE officer posted in this thread

Does Dare talk about self medicating? That would smart, usually they just talk about drugs as if they themselves cause the problems

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Double post

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

CharlestheHammer posted:

Nice boomer weed myth that has no connection to reality whatsoever. How old are you? In your 60s or 70s?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Nice boomer weed myth that has no connection to reality whatsoever. How old are you? In your 60s or 70s?

Who said anything about weed.

Self medicating leads to increasing no matter what you do the product itself doesn’t really matter

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

CharlestheHammer posted:

Self medicating leads to increasing no matter what you do the product itself doesn’t really matter

Lol. You are such a loving idiot.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

CharlestheHammer posted:

Literally the reddit post you're talking about?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

Literally the reddit post you're talking about?

But I said self medicating is a bad idea, I never said anything about weed because it doesn’t matter to my point.

Weed people are just to sensitive and assumed I was talking about it itself.

If the problems at home are that bad that should be was is addressed, not just hoping weed will fix it

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Is a 17-year-old male allowed to date a 12-year-old girl

quote:

hi, I currently live in Australia in the state of Victoria and I am currently 17 years of age. I recently found out that a girl I have been flirting with is 12 years of age (even though he appears and acts way older than she is)? My intentions before finding out this information were simple, I wanted to date her, and I believe I still do. I honestly don't intend on having sex or anything of that nature. she is very smart and mature for her age (another reason I didn't suspect her age) what I'm trying to say with my intentions and morals would this be possible? I want you're honest to God opinions.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Anxiety about my obese family members visiting and hurting themselves while potentially ruining my furniture.
Hi Reddit

I know this sounds bad and I'm not sure theres any way to lightly put it. Everyone in my family is over 300lbs. Once my Dad was over and went to sit on a patio chair that was up against a glass wall on my deck and I suggested he sit in a different chair because the weight limit was 250lbs. (Hes 375). He got so upset and mad. Weeks later ironically he was in a department store and broke a patio chair from sitting in it. All the legs snapped off and he rolled out on the floor.

My sister (4'11), her husband, and my Mom (4'11) are all over 300lbs as well. They're incredibly rough on things, sliding chairs across the floors and when they sit in chairs you can see the stress on the legs of the furniture.

I live in a brand new house with nice new furnishings and as much as I want to have them over, I get anxiety about how their weight affects everything. When they sit they flop down heavily. I have a center island with 8 bar stools around it, I look and ponder my family sitting on them, knowing theres a 250lb weight limit. I have accent chairs with the same weight limit and wicker patio furniture as well. It doesnt help that they're always sick with viruses from being unclean and not understanding proper sanitation or food handling. Last time I was around them, I was sick for 2 months. My Dad couldnt comprehend that he couldnt put cooked hamburgers on the same plate raw hamburger and chicken were just on.

What can I do? Can anyone relate? I cant avoid them and I WANT to spend time but it gives me anxiety. I know this post kind of sounds bad but I dont know how else to put it.

Thanks

TL; DR My family is obese and I get anxiety about them coming over and hurting themselves and ruining my furniture at the same time.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

i vomit kittens posted:

quote:

I wanted to date her, and I believe I still do. I honestly don't intend on having sex or anything of that nature.

quote:

I want you're honest to God opinions.

Your a goddamned liar OP

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Hide the chairs at a friend's house if/when they visit.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah self medicating with anything is a bad idea and kinda LOL that a 14 year old should get a medical card for weed.

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

Does Dare talk about self medicating? That would smart, usually they just talk about drugs as if they themselves cause the problems

At least when I was in school, DARE refused to even acknowledge that drugs could make you feel good.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Anxiety about my obese family members visiting and hurting themselves while potentially ruining my furniture.

Buy enough chairs that can handle the weight for when having them visit is unavoidable. Hide the other chairs and put fragile looking art pieces on the stools if they're built in.

Insist on taking them out to eat or doing all the cooking when there's no way to avoid their visiting.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

CharlestheHammer posted:

This is true. I had a rough home life as a child and my pot smoking slowly morphed into alcohol then bars. One day a buddy of mine said "Hey bro you're lookin' rough, have some Lady H" and that was it. This took place over a period of about 2 weeks. Stay away from pot kids or you'll end up like me, posting on Something Awful and landing a dead end job scraping dried squid poo poo off of the docks.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

CharlestheHammer posted:

If the problems at home are that bad that should be was is addressed, not just hoping weed will fix it

I do agree that the kid's not gonna be able solve his problems with weed, but since his problems are with his lovely family and he can't fix them, he might as well smoke it if he's got it.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My sister (4'11), her husband, and my Mom (4'11) are all over 300lbs as well.

The most amazing part of this post is the two women under 5'0". It's not unheard of, but it's still pretty dang short. The fact that they're 300lbs is the icing on the enormous cake.

FormerPoster fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 6, 2019

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My sister (4'11), her husband, and my Mom (4'11) are all over 300lbs as well. They're incredibly rough on things, sliding chairs across the floors and when they sit in chairs you can see the stress on the legs of the furniture.

[...]

It doesnt help that they're always sick with viruses from being unclean and not understanding proper sanitation or food handling. Last time I was around them, I was sick for 2 months. My Dad couldnt comprehend that he couldnt put cooked hamburgers on the same plate raw hamburger and chicken were just on.

Ah, the daughter who escaped the Gurglespurts finally posts

4'11" and 300+ pounds is literally spherical, right?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Lol I grew up in the Midwest and this sounds like a normal family there. You can go to any chain like a Red Robin's at any time of the day and see at least one family of four who, combined, weigh at least 1,000 pounds.

Anyway, my mother's best friend growing up was a nurse and she had the best stories. One time they had a patient they couldn't weigh, so they put them on parachute silk and rode the freight elevator down to the loading dock so they could be weighed on the shipping scale.

Apparently they broke several chairs during their say until they finally found an old metal bar stool which somehow held them up.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Nae! posted:

I do agree that the kid's not gonna be able solve his problems with weed, but since his problems are with his lovely family and he can't fix them, he might as well smoke it if he's got it.

The most amazing part of this post is the two women under 5'0". It's not unheard of, but it's still pretty dang short. The fact that they're 300lbs is the icing on the enormous cake.

I was more talking about the family member who took him. That guy could at least try and do something, even if it doesn’t work.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

cumshitter posted:

Lol I grew up in the Midwest and this sounds like a normal family there. You can go to any chain like a Red Robin's at any time of the day and see at least one family of four who, combined, weigh at least 1,000 pounds.

whew, the local business holes must have to be real spacious to accomodate the ADA there

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

wasn't there an open relationship story where the guy got both more guys and girls, and his gf got really mad, and it turned out she was like 5 feet 300? it was something pretty remarkable

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

CharlestheHammer posted:

I was more talking about the family member who took him. That guy could at least try and do something, even if it doesn’t work.

Ah, yeah that guy probably should've reached out to the kid once he'd sobered up and said "hey lets have a real talk about your problems now that your brains working well enough to understand more than 'i like french fries' and 'echoes is a really good album'"

Smirking_Serpent posted:

wasn't there an open relationship story where the guy got both more guys and girls, and his gf got really mad, and it turned out she was like 5 feet 300? it was something pretty remarkable

I'm guessing you mean 300 pounds but 5 feet 300 inches is indeed pretty god damned remarkable.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Nae! posted:

whew, the local business holes must have to be real spacious to accomodate the ADA there

They're more like business portals.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the business abyss

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

cumshitter posted:

They're more like business portals.

Sadly for those people, the cake is not a lie.

:suicide:

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

i vomit kittens posted:

No, the answer is no. I know if seems obvious to all of us but I think it's important to repeat it.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

dudeness posted:

No, the answer is no. I know if seems obvious to all of us but I think it's important to repeat it.

But theyre not gonna have sex or anything! I mean, they are, but not today. When the groomings over! When it's okay!

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Lol. You are such a loving idiot.

there's an entire thread of folks like me who started off using dry herb and now require alchemical tinctures distilled from impossible reagents in order to access the astral plain, i agree that the risk has been overblown by detractors but we don't need to lie to ourselves about the substances we both use.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for working on my car shirtless in front of kids?

quote:

I need a sanity check right now. So I had an angry neighbor come up to me and yell at my family for me being shirtless in front of her kids.

I am working on a future track car for myself and I usually only have time in the afternoons, also known as the hottest time of the day. It’s super hot, especially when working with my car and I usually take off my shirt and just wear shorts. Plus, im super clumsy and my shirt gets stuck on things and usually gets in the way, and I feel less restricted when shirtless.

I don’t even know if this person is my neighbor to be frank with you guys. I walk my dog a few times a week and never see them outside. I only see these people on the weekend riding their bikes right in front of my house, and having a good time, which is fine by me, because who the hell cares.

I take my car out of the garage and into the driveway for more space, so I’m closer to the street. These kids are probably ranging from 8-17. Im a twiggy white boy so I guess I’m not as appealing to look at shirtless as fuckin Dwayne Johnson, but I don’t care, everyone is minding their own business. My back is usually facing them and/or I’m under my car.

A mother knocked on my door this morning and told me to put on a shirt next time her kids are outside. These people are at least 5 houses down in any direction from my house, so they’re coming over towards me. That’s fine, they’re entitled to have fun anywhere as long as it’s safe. There’re not bothering me so I couldn’t care less.

But the mother said she will have me written up for this.

I HONESTLY do not know if I’m missing something or not. I’m so confused. AITA here?

Edit: I’m not like squeezing my nipples and making kissy faces to the kids lmao, I just imagined her imagining me doing that. I just turned 18, so I guess that makes me an “adult” but yeah.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

there's an entire thread of folks like me who started off using dry herb and now require alchemical tinctures distilled from impossible reagents in order to access the astral plain, i agree that the risk has been overblown by detractors but we don't need to lie to ourselves about the substances we both use.

I smoke every single day from my THC concentrate vape and occasionally from pieces/bongs and I don't smoke noticeably more than I did 5 years ago. :shrug:

I'm just saying people who think weed is addictive or creates a dependency are full of poo poo and probably don't even smoke weed.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I smoke every single day from my THC concentrate vape and occasionally from pieces/bongs and I don't smoke noticeably more than I did 5 years ago. :shrug:

I'm just saying people who think weed is addictive or creates a dependency are full of poo poo and probably don't even smoke weed.

People are different there is no one correct way people respond to stimuli

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I really don't think its a great idea for kids with brains that are still devopling to consume drugs on any regular basis.

Thats just me though.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
It's time to police a woman's body!

My (19F) boyfriend (19M) of 4 years thinks I've been taking shits to avoid him

quote:

So to preface this whole ordeal, I'm SUPER lactose intolerant and also have a very spice-sensitive digestive system, so long story short I poo poo a lot.

Recently though, we've been fighting over lots of little things due to university mid-term exam stress and such, and he took me aside the other day to tell me that he felt I was avoiding him. When I asked why, he said it's because I've been taking so many shits. But the worst part is that he's dead serious.

He realises it's absurd and keeps cracking up when he brings it up, but he's been clear about it being something that genuinely bothers him. We're cool and better than ever right now, but I'm just... confused. I don't know what to do... do I just.... hold in my shits? There's nothing I can say that can make him feel better about it either because... what could I possibly say?

Tl;dr boyfriend thinks I'm pretending to take shits just so I don't have to talk to him.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

DemoneeHo posted:

Who exactly is going to "write him up" for not wearing a shirt? A residential neighborhood isn't an elementary school playground.

e: He should start working on his car wearing a speedo.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

I smoke every single day from my THC concentrate vape ... people who think weed is addictive or creates a dependency are full of poo poo and probably don't even smoke weed.
:iiam:

The kid's self medicating and that's the bad part, not the weed.

DemoneeHo posted:

A man in a tricked out Subaru rolls up, bass causing the concrete to buckle and sway.

He gets out and says "Hey bro when are quiet hours?"

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Oct 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The_Franz posted:

Who exactly is going to "write him up" for not wearing a shirt? A residential neighborhood isn't an elementary school playground.

The Federal Body Inspectors dont take kindly to shirtless men without muscle definition.