Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Sesq posted:

I'm sorry about not paying attention. I got you both in, and I apologize for not doing so before the Ultron event ended. We're full for the immediate future for now.
Not at all a problem! Mostly just upset you didn't all benefit from the Command Points I get for renewing.
Talking of Command Points - i've got 1600 saved up and was going to jam them all into the Anniversary Fan Favourite. I assume this isn't a terrible idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Sesq posted:

I'm sorry about not paying attention. I got you both in, and I apologize for not doing so before the Ultron event ended. We're full for the immediate future for now.

No worries at all, I've got all the time in the world. Thanks for the add!

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

MissMarple posted:

Not at all a problem! Mostly just upset you didn't all benefit from the Command Points I get for renewing.
Talking of Command Points - i've got 1600 saved up and was going to jam them all into the Anniversary Fan Favourite. I assume this isn't a terrible idea?

It depends on what’s in there, but you’ve got the right idea.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bob Socko posted:

It depends on what’s in there, but you’ve got the right idea.

Its Apoc (the winner ) Kitty (really good still) and Dr Strage (wtf??)

Its a pretty good vault TBH and I'm blowing my 4500 CP to fully cover Apoc.

Edit:

Also there are boosted rates for some 4*s if you are into that sort of thing. I think its 8x rate for certain ones.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Its Apoc (the winner ) Kitty (really good still) and Dr Strage (wtf??)

Its a pretty good vault TBH and I'm blowing my 4500 CP to fully cover Apoc.

Edit:

Also there are boosted rates for some 4*s if you are into that sort of thing. I think its 8x rate for certain ones.

I think what's going on with Dr Strange being in the fan favorites is because when people who aren't at the 5* level vote in the surveys, they know that he's a good 3* and just choose him.

I only need two more covers for Kitty to fully cover, and I'm already over halfway with shards. I'm debating whether to use my CP on this solely for the apocalypse covers or to wait for a better trio in the future.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That’s a tough call like Kitty gets real scary the more levels you add on her but it depends on how you’d use her with your roster.

Right now my main PvE team is Wanda Oko and Half thor

When Oko has 30 tu Wanda is hitting for 20k+ at the start of the round and thor is also doing crazy damage.

That’s on top of the support that Oko that has a 40% chance to nuke the team for 40k when she uses a power.

I’m in T11 alliance and the heavy hitters all say that Apoc makes PVE trivial.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Any idea how much it would affect my match ups in PVP if I were were to level up only one (or two) 5* characters to something way higher than the rest of my 6 highest leveled characters, whom I use in things? Right now I'm comfortably in 4* Land, edging into the 5*s, and I already find the opponents with leveled up Wanda or Immortal Hulk too tough to beat. Or is not putting the levels into Kitty holding me back?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

AFAIK the way it works is that once you champ one 5* it throws you up into 5* land and can really screw you which is why you’d want to get two 5s that can beat a decent number of teams.

If you haven’t champed a single 5 yet you should still be in 4* (ish) land. Are you seeing champed 5* teams or are they just really high level?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Andorra posted:

Any idea how much it would affect my match ups in PVP if I were were to level up only one (or two) 5* characters to something way higher than the rest of my 6 highest leveled characters, whom I use in things? Right now I'm comfortably in 4* Land, edging into the 5*s, and I already find the opponents with leveled up Wanda or Immortal Hulk too tough to beat. Or is not putting the levels into Kitty holding me back?

Doing this with Old Man Logan and Thanos was the worst mistake I ever made and I probably should have sold them both rather than continue slogging through this nightmare.

If you like the PVP portion of the game at all, wait till you’ve got multiple fully covered 5*s. It’s awful having one mediocre high level 5* and the rest of your roster 4*.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Doing this with Old Man Logan and Thanos was the worst mistake I ever made and I probably should have sold them both rather than continue slogging through this nightmare.

It’s also my understanding that once you go up you ain’t coming back down but yeah that definitely was a mistake like you saw.

A drat good duo 3 months ago was Wanda and Colo and I frequently skip that pair in PVP because it’s a slog even though I can win against them.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

MarcusSA posted:

It’s also my understanding that once you go up you ain’t coming back down but yeah that definitely was a mistake like you saw.

A drat good duo 3 months ago was Wanda and Colo and I frequently skip that pair in PVP because it’s a slog even though I can win against them.

Unfortunately it was when OML and Thanos were new, and then I quit playing for a while aside from the occasional DPD. Came back to a world where everyone has champed Kitty. I mean EVERYONE.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I haven't changed a single 5 star and champed Kitty/Rocket/Polaris is probably the number one team I run into. I'm barely getting anywhere because I still haven't quite champed Polaris which is apparently a pvp required character.

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe
She's not required, but she makes things way faster. You can counter her hard with some of the new 4* that have come out like Mantis and Sabertooth (with she's with Grocket)

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

My PvP team is Kitty/ProfX/Medusa cause I'm lazy and haven't changed things up in a while. I need to work on something that can deal with Polaris instead of skipping most teams with her in it.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
If I skipped teams with Kitty/Polaris/Grocket I’d basically skip PVP. (Which I pretty much do) It’s common to go 30+ skips with all Kitty/Polaris/Grocket. Then if I’m lucky I get to see one team with at least two champed 5*s (hi Apoc!) before going back to dozens of Kitty/Polaris/Grocket.

I’m in a terrible place though with a level 435 Thanos, a 405 OML, and a bunch of 4*s champed into the low 280s. Seems like a thing they should fix someday. In the meantime 4* Sabertooth is favorited and up to uh… four covers. So by 2025 I should have something to play against all the Kitty/Polaris/Grocket teams I guess.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I know the feel, I leveled Thanos and SS so I could use her with America Chavez (since SS is unstunnable) and slowly chip down the enemy team but this hosed up my PvP badly and led to my, uh, second hiatus from the game.

Then I got Okoye and Thor high which helped but Thor had the downside of requiring me to repeatedly retreat from battles just to get him to half HP.

Also Beta Ray Bill is real and exists and I hate his existence and that's why I'm on my third hiatus.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Mantis is real good but things have to go just right for her to win. Hoping once I get Sabertooth covered it fixes that.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Trip report: I had about 1075 CP to start with and blew it all on the Fan Favorites banner. With those odds, I was going to be satisfied with two Apocalypse covers, and that is what I got, along with three Strange covers and none for Kitty. I've got her champed already so I'm okay with that. I'm at 11 covers for Apocalypse, so I should probably just favorite Dark Beast to push him across the finish line. Shoulda just been doing that the whole time.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Sesq posted:

Trip report: I had about 1075 CP to start with and blew it all on the Fan Favorites banner. With those odds, I was going to be satisfied with two Apocalypse covers, and that is what I got, along with three Strange covers and none for Kitty. I've got her champed already so I'm okay with that. I'm at 11 covers for Apocalypse, so I should probably just favorite Dark Beast to push him across the finish line. Shoulda just been doing that the whole time.
70 pulls and I didn't see a single Kitty, but I did get 4 Apoc and 4 Strange so it wasn't awful.
The milestones I hit let me get a second Kitty cover, as well as rounding out passives for Knull and SWitch.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
In case anyone is dumb like me, using 5* Deadpool gets you a spicy token once per day. Mind blown.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LorneReams posted:

In case anyone is dumb like me, using 5* Deadpool gets you a spicy token once per day. Mind blown.

You should be using him and 3* DP every day for one quest.

Also make sure you are using devil dino each day for an extra token during the anniversary.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

LorneReams posted:

oh god drat it

In other news, I finally have 11 covers for Beta Ray Bill to go with my championed Kitty and Polaris. Feels broken, which I guess explains why they’ve released characters like Mantis and Blob to counter special tile spam.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Finally got Polaris champed and that changes things at least but dang every team I go against has at least one champed 5* and it's hurting me inside. Beginning to think bringing my 5*s to level 420 was a Bad Idea but it just helps so much in PVE.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Push El Burrito posted:

Finally got Polaris champed and that changes things at least but dang every team I go against has at least one champed 5* and it's hurting me inside. Beginning to think bringing my 5*s to level 420 was a Bad Idea but it just helps so much in PVE.

Welcome to my nightmare…

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Kitty and Polaris boosted now. PvP is gonna be terrible.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Took roughly 3500 cp to take my apoc from 4 covers to champed. Probably more actually if you count tokens.

Meanwhile I have 12 covers of Shang from 0 with 120 tokens.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Boosted, champed Kitty and Polaris. Broken. But hey, I just play PVE outside of Deadpool Daily rewards, so some other person is the problem.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Apoc is fuckin amazing.

Do whatever you need to do to get him.

Getting 5 turn PvP kills with this team

Gotta use a few health packs but whatever.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I wonder what the odds are of getting the 1/40 draw on the 40th draw...because it happened to me 3 times in a row. I'm screaming rigged into my phone impotently.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
It's 1 in 40.

Think of it as an actual physical deck of cards you are drawing from. The odds that the card you want is in any particular position is 1 in 40. You have a 1/40 chance of it being your first draw, a 1/40 chance of it being your second etc.

drunkencarp
Feb 14, 2012
I've had it be the 40th draw, and the first, on two consecutive occasions.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Theswarms posted:

It's 1 in 40.

Think of it as an actual physical deck of cards you are drawing from. The odds that the card you want is in any particular position is 1 in 40. You have a 1/40 chance of it being your first draw, a 1/40 chance of it being your second etc.

It's 1/40 first draw, 1/39 the next and so on. I would assume the midpoint average should be around 20 as an over/under, but I'm burned out from work so doing the math is not in my mind. Three times in a row being the 40th seems sus as the odds are what, 1/40^3. Actually it's probably higher with 120 draws, but gently caress math.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

LorneReams posted:

It's 1/40 first draw, 1/39 the next and so on. I would assume the midpoint average should be around 20 as an over/under, but I'm burned out from work so doing the math is not in my mind. Three times in a row being the 40th seems sus as the odds are what, 1/40^3. Actually it's probably higher with 120 draws, but gently caress math.

Yeah if you are checking mid-draw those will be your chances. If you are on the 39th draw it will be 1/2. Midpoint should work around 20.

What I meant was when you are looking at the full "deck" before you have drawn any, your chance it is in any particular position is 1/40 - thus the chance of it being the 40th card is 1/40 - this is not going to be super rare.

And yep the odds for 3 times in a row are 1/40^3. That is pretty unlikely!

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I'm back up to 175 LL covers. Should I go for Shang-Chi before he goes? I know he's strong and he's definitely fun to play, but I haven't heard much buzz around Gamora or Ultron.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sesq posted:

I'm back up to 175 LL covers. Should I go for Shang-Chi before he goes? I know he's strong and he's definitely fun to play, but I haven't heard much buzz around Gamora or Ultron.

Gamora and Ultron are pretty Garbo.

Shang is fuckin amazing though. Do you have half thor or another board shake character? With thor my Shang has been able to like one shot dudes with 200k health.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Yeah, I got max covered Thor. Just a couple days ago I max covered Apocalypse and I'm trying to figure out what my next project should be. Of the more popular 5*s, I don't have Shang-Chi, Professor X, or Onslaught to any meaningful degree. I'll think about what to do and then probably max out Shang-Chi anyway because that combo system is fun.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sesq posted:

Yeah, I got max covered Thor. Just a couple days ago I max covered Apocalypse and I'm trying to figure out what my next project should be. Of the more popular 5*s, I don't have Shang-Chi, Professor X, or Onslaught to any meaningful degree. I'll think about what to do and then probably max out Shang-Chi anyway because that combo system is fun.

Yeah I’d max Shang because those will be really the only teams you need. I have a max Apoc but I’m using Shang a lot more because of the stupid damage and his self heal.

Onslaught is pretty hard to max because he doesn’t have a feeder so I wouldn’t even consider him right now. Prof X is probably low on the list as well because you have the other two.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I wasn't particularly impressed with Odin, so I waited until he left before pulling for Shang-Chi, and I fully covered Gamora before pulling a second blue cover of his. But with my pulls and bonus shards I max covered Shang-Chi, Gamora, got Ultron to 1/5/3, and finished Kitty. I guess I'll mark Apocalypse as my favorite now.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Andorra posted:

I wasn't particularly impressed with Odin, so I waited until he left before pulling for Shang-Chi, and I fully covered Gamora before pulling a second blue cover of his. But with my pulls and bonus shards I max covered Shang-Chi, Gamora, got Ultron to 1/5/3, and finished Kitty. I guess I'll mark Apocalypse as my favorite now.

Apoc is a beast.

Triple so when he's boosted. The only reason I don't use him as much as Shang is because I need to use Health Packs with Apoc but not so much with Shang (only if I get really screwed).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Not the most amazing example of Shang but he absolutely rolls face

https://youtu.be/mS7qj2tcUKM