Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

BanjoFish posted:

Make this man emperor.

I love the shift in the second paragraph where he's getting angrier and angrier. We need to get Michael Shannon to read this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Why won't Macy's do more to secure America's borders :qq:

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

Trump = best at military

Macy's = weak on border security

Who can stop this political powerhouse??

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Sir Tonk posted:

Why won't Macy's do more to secure America's borders :qq:

I live in Canada; I would have tried to stop Cruz, but he crossed the border before I was born... :negative:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Charge Macys with treason!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

You should really include the photo of everyone running in the Republican primary:

I laughed much, much harder than I should have at this.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

once i get to a computer with a mouse ill make this a lot cleaner

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
"My clothing line, now that I canceled it, was always dogshit."

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

goldmine

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

mlmp08 posted:

"My clothing line, now that I canceled it, was always dogshit."

tough luck y'all who bought my overpriced dog poo poo. - The Trump

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
anyone buying from a line representing a human-sized potato with a featherduster jammed into one of its spudholes deserves wasting their money

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
In which Jeb Bush and Barack Obama agree on an issue of great importance to many Americans.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Oh God, it doesn't even have to be done cleanly, it's still so drat funny

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Needs to have Jindal gazing hopelessly out the window, otherwise it's perfect.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Joke's on you when one of those guys wins the election.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Don't most undocumented immigrants come over legally anyway? Then they just stay when they were supposed to go home.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

It's perfect the way it is :swoon:

Feather
Mar 1, 2003
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

Agrajag posted:

Joke's on you when one of those guys wins the election.

Odds are Hillary will be the next President, which Republicans will pretend to hate in public but rejoice over in private for two reasons:

1. Hillary/anything Clinton is their ultimate wedge issue: a Hillary win virtually guarantees the Congress will remain R or, if not, revert to R during the 2018 midterms

2. Hillary's (mostly) conservative economics and firmly right-wing/hawkish foreign policies provide yet another opportunity for them to shift the center right

About the only two things Hillary might do that will actually piss off Republicans in private are anything short of mass genocide/deportation of "the illegals" and maybe doubling down on ACA.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

greatn posted:

Don't most undocumented immigrants come over legally anyway? Then they just stay when they were supposed to go home.

For certain categories, maybe. What makes me doubt that is that the US immigration system is a byzantine hellhole so hardly anyone gets through in the first place.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

EDIT: Posting this in the Politics thread.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Feather posted:

Odds are Hillary will be the next President, which Republicans will pretend to hate in public but rejoice over in private for two reasons:

1. Hillary/anything Clinton is their ultimate wedge issue: a Hillary win virtually guarantees the Congress will remain R or, if not, revert to R during the 2018 midterms

2. Hillary's (mostly) conservative economics and firmly right-wing/hawkish foreign policies provide yet another opportunity for them to shift the center right

About the only two things Hillary might do that will actually piss off Republicans in private are anything short of mass genocide/deportation of "the illegals" and maybe doubling down on ACA.

Why will Hillary cause the congress to remain R?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Agrajag posted:

Because it's still 1994, didn't you hear?

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Shageletic posted:

Good. gently caress that guy.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Shageletic posted:

Karma bitch

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I thought it was going to be guac either wholly or partially made out of mashed peas but throwing in whole peas is somehow even worse.

AndNowMax
Sep 25, 2009

Fighting the fight for *mumble* *mumble*
Hey what's Ben Carson up to

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

AndNowMax posted:

Hey what's Ben Carson up to

I wonder how many of those Canadian followers are mistaking him for someone else.

AndNowMax
Sep 25, 2009

Fighting the fight for *mumble* *mumble*

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I wonder how many of those Canadian followers are mistaking him for someone else.

Yeah you'd think they'd want to support one of their own

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Can't rush this. We must let... ~*~the market decide~*~

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Joementum posted:

Can't rush this. We must let... ~*~the market decide~*~

I'm really into the idea of Rand not being able to make mundane choices without first looking at a series of complex graphs.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I'm really into the idea of Rand not being able to make mundane choices without first looking at a series of complex graphs.

He's so pensive.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Agrajag posted:

Republicans will control Congress (specifically the House) regardless of any and all candidates that are running, barring a reverse 1984-level sweep by Hillary or even Bernie. It's because the House is gerrymandered to all hell, coupled with the end of basically all the Blue Dogs:

The 2012 House of Representatives posted:

Although Democratic candidates received a nationwide plurality of more than 1.4 million votes (1.2%) in all House elections, the Republican Party won a 33-seat advantage in the state-apportioned totals, thus retaining its House majority by 17 seats.
it's the same reason the Republicans held the house in 2012.

It's bullshit.:mad:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:iiam:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I will say this about Trump; I don't think I've ever seen a presidential candidate less willing to compromise his position for the sake of votes

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I will say this about Trump; I don't think I've ever seen a presidential candidate less willing to compromise his position for the sake of votes

And that, good sir, is why he'll win the Republican Nomination.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

How about Trump showing a supposed letter of the head of NBC liking a hotel of his

https://instagram.com/p/4nAMoWmhZ3/

But they had a positive view of me what happened :qq:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Human bowling jacket Paul LePage managed to talk for three minutes today without threatening to assassinate a Democrat and, in those minutes, endorsed Chris Christie, mostly because Christie got him re-elected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVlwStM5m0M

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Vertical Lime posted:

How about Trump showing a supposed letter of the head of NBC liking a hotel of his

https://instagram.com/p/4nAMoWmhZ3/

But they had a positive view of me what happened :qq:

jordan_mulvihill338 posted:

The thing is Trump cares about America not mexico, china, or anywhere else. If ur Mexican and live in the U.S., tgen he cares about u

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Joementum posted:

Human bowling jacket

This is the greatest phrase I have ever encountered. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Ooh! Ooh! I know this one. It's the market, right? No? OK, is it the Founders? No? Hmmm.

• Locked thread