Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Last night was fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XpKDo0rjLs

As for why theres no mosh this was actually at the Opera Holuse and there is no floor. They were so confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Lid posted:

As for why theres no mosh this was actually at the Opera Holuse and there is no floor.

It's also a deafheaven show

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Lid posted:

Last night was fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XpKDo0rjLs

As for why theres no mosh this was actually at the Opera Holuse and there is no floor. They were so confused.
no fun, no floor, no mosh

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Here's some rather entertaining superbombastic soundtrack metal/melodeath.

https://soundcloud.com/rankakustannus/sets/brymir/s-e1THs

Give a go if you appreciate stuff like Wintersun and the latest Shade Empire etc.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

A human heart posted:

It's also a deafheaven show

I have seen small amounts of moshing at a Deafheaven show with my own eyes.

Scrambles
Jul 24, 2003

I WANT IT
thank you for reminding me how much I hate their singer, smuggo was air-conducting during the twinkly interludes and I was nowhere near drunk enough to be on board with that poo poo

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Scrambles posted:

thank you for reminding me how much I hate their singer, smuggo was air-conducting during the twinkly interludes and I was nowhere near drunk enough to be on board with that poo poo

I'd be less annoyed if he pulled out a book and a chair and started reading silently to himself off to the side during those parts.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
New Rage song, and man it's downright goddamn thrashy compared to the stuff they've been putting out lately. This could pretty much be off Black in Mind or some of their other 90s albums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBbAF9IPnZ8

It's been so many years since I've actually been interested in an upcoming Rage album, I've almost forgotten they used to be one of my favourite bands back in the day.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

BrienneGetsHanged posted:

I can't remember if anyone said this dropped or not but here is the new Tenggar Calvary from a few months ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve-qHdxsF4Q

I was able to see Tenggar Cavalry last night. Great show. I didn't realize Cambodian Folk Metal existed.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I was able to see Tenggar Cavalry last night. Great show. I didn't realize Cambodian Folk Metal existed.

Me neither, but I don't see what that has to do with this Chinese-Mongolian band.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Nordick posted:

Me neither, but I don't see what that has to do with this Chinese-Mongolian band.

Splitting hairs a bit aren't we? It's how they are commonly described. I just wanted to post about some cool music :(

edit: even their official youtube channel uses that phrase.

UFOTacoMan fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jun 3, 2016

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Sorry, I honestly didn't meant to rain on your parade. But seriously, Cambodia and Mongolia have very little to do with eachother except for being located in Asia. I also have never seen Tengger Cavalry described as "Cambodian" either.

Anyways, this isn't the Asian Geography thread, and Tengger Cavalry loving rule, so gently caress all that and let's just headbang to Cavalry in Thousands together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cSUPSwhDcM

:cheers:

edit:

:shrug:

Nordick fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jun 3, 2016

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Nordick posted:

Sorry, I honestly didn't meant to rain on your parade. But seriously, Cambodia and Mongolia have very little to do with eachother except for being located in Asia. I also have never seen Tengger Cavalry described as "Cambodian" either.

Anyways, this isn't the Asian Geography thread, and Tengger Cavalry loving rule, so gently caress all that and let's just headbang to Cavalry in Thousands together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cSUPSwhDcM

:cheers:

drat, after waking up a bit more I see my mistake (late night). I don't know how Cambodia came into my head. I kept reading "Mongolian" and turning that into "Cambodian". Sorry dude! :cheers:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
And so another mystery is solved. :v:

Seriously though, I hope they release some actual new material soon. The main dude's been putting up a lot of weird alternative versions and other fluff on the bandcamp page. I mean, Blood Sacrifice Shaman might as well be new material since the album it's a remake of was honestly pretty cruddy quality so I never listened to it, but I'd still like to hear some actual new songs.

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...

Nordick posted:

Here's some rather entertaining superbombastic soundtrack metal/melodeath.

https://soundcloud.com/rankakustannus/sets/brymir/s-e1THs

Give a go if you appreciate stuff like Wintersun and the latest Shade Empire etc.

This is good poo poo - it's like a not-folky Crimfall.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

If anyone wants a good Friday laugh, check out this terrible Phil Collins cover by Hellyeah:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMMrMhuxqg4

Sadly, it's the best song on a complete and utter garbage album. Shocker, I know.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I have never been able to wrap my mind around the fact that Hellyeah has been around so long. I don't think I've ever met a single person who listens to them, yet they're apparently commercially successful.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Pretty sure they float by on having DIMEBAG'S BROTHER VINNIE PAUL FROM PANTERA.

I guess that cover has a riff Dimebag recorded a long time ago or something, so they're trying to take advantage of that name some more.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There needs to be some kind of law requiring metal acts to learn that covering a song properly involves more than adding lots of heavy distortion and scratchy/growly vocals but otherwise playing a note-for-note identical song.

Feel free to take ownership of it guys, you're professional musicians, I believe in you!

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Hulk Krogan posted:

I have never been able to wrap my mind around the fact that Hellyeah has been around so long. I don't think I've ever met a single person who listens to them, yet they're apparently commercially successful.

If there has ever been a band riding on the depleated fumes of their previous efforts, it's this ball of white trash noise.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
I admit I don't get out much, but I don't think I've ever heard of Hellyeah before. Jeez.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

If there has ever been a band riding on the depleated fumes of their previous efforts, it's this ball of white trash noise.

That's the thing though. I know plenty of Pantera fans, who I assume are the target demographic, and even they don't give the slightest gently caress about HELLYEAH.

david crosby
Mar 2, 2007

hellyeah did a promo interview when they formed like 15 years ago for Guitar World. The interviewer tried to play it cool, and said something like oh haha hellyeah is such a stupid name that you must've picked it because it's ironic or over the top; certainly no one would be stupid enough to earnestly name their band hellyeah. And the interviewee, I think it was Vinnie Paul, answered the question in such a way that it was clear he'd never considered that anyone would think it was anything other than 100% badass.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

based off of name alone and never having heard their music, I figured Hellyeah was in the same toughguy bro-core band category as FFDP

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Varg posted:

based off of name alone and never having heard their music, I figured Hellyeah was in the same toughguy bro-core band category as FFDP

Tough guy brocore would be Hatebreed and bands like that. FFDP is a lot more like poppy groove metal.

Speaking of Hatebreed, their new album is pretty fun, much like every other Hatebreed album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCgozwhkV-g

a retard fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 3, 2016

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Getting a heavy metal avatar leads to far fewer regrets than a heavy metal tattoo.
The main thing about HellYeah is that they chose the wrong members of Mudvayne.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
"hellyeah" by hellyeah, off their album "hellyeah"

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Guys, please. It's HELLYEAH.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
black sabbath

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Hulk Krogan posted:

That's the thing though. I know plenty of Pantera fans, who I assume are the target demographic, and even they don't give the slightest gently caress about HELLYEAH.
But are they Texans?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

nerve posted:

black sabbath
Angel Witch

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

symbolic posted:

Angel Witch

electric wizard

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Cheapsteaks posted:

The main thing about HellYeah is that they chose the wrong members of Mudvayne.

Wait, there's RIGHT members of Mudvayne to choose?! :psyduck:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

nerve posted:

electric wizard
Iron Maiden

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

nerve posted:

electric wizard

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
motorhead

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
H*llyeah

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Evanescence

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
seems like you fellas are pissed off and mad about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU