Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

ilmucche posted:

wtf is the mibr just standing there while the bomb ticks down?

urgency is for noobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
ENCE ENCE ENCE ENCE

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Tense match :captainpop:

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Du kan ik narre clutch ministeren.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Buller posted:

Du kan ik narre clutch ministeren.

Älä itke, ruma lapsi, ence 2-1

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
BOT ALLU lol

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Astralis are so loving good.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Double kill grenade oh wow.

CT sided meta and Astralis gonna 16 - 0 as T.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
These Astralis smoke kills, what.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Smol posted:

Tense match :captainpop:

The first two thirds were

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
RIP

Congrats to Astralis I guess, but man what a success story for ENCE either way

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Bohemian Nights posted:

Älä itke, ruma lapsi, ence 2-1

Nemt

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

GG4ENCE

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Astralis are loving terrifying.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

ENCE doing as well as they did on their map pick is pretty impressive

but goddamn astralis is good on inferno lol

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
Still proud of the boys, better than anyone had any right to expect coming into this. Astralis is just on another level.

100% on playoff pickems btw (and every challenge done) :smugdog:

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

fookin missed watching a semi finals match so didn't get the final upgrade :smith:

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Looke posted:

fookin missed watching a semi finals match so didn't get the final upgrade :smith:

yeah well at least you didnt have liquid winning the whole thing

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Fauxshiz posted:

yeah well at least you didnt have liquid winning the whole thing

Lmao

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Very interested to see the roster shuffles this should probably cause. Obviously looking at Na'Vi and FaZe and maybe at some point France, again. I think realistically there is a CIS lineup that can beat Astralis, and potentially a French one (although it will probably never get made). Liquid still have room to improve as a five and I don't see them chopping and changing yet. Personally would love to see players like somedieyoung and COLDYY1 in a new Na'Vi.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I'd like to see zeus gently caress off, na'vi are so tactically flat it's insane

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
The new launch option "-d3d9ex " lets you alt-tab in 0.5s

It's ridiculous

Audax fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Mar 7, 2019

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olZDbbEcFwQ

Last of these is out, if you haven't seen any from the series it's worth checking out. I'm sure even a few people without an allu avatar will vouch for this. I hope more teams start doing something like this.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Man Valve needs to do a True Sight series for CS

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Does playing with random low trust factor players affect your trust rating?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Sininu posted:

Does playing with random low trust factor players affect your trust rating?

I doubt it, half the people I regularly play with are deep in the red and it doesn't seem to impact mine

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Trust factor is a BS lie to placate people after the gutting of Prime and I'm not even joking. Not only do I constantly get matched with brand new smurfs on my old as gently caress account, I've actually queued with people who I met in random MM only to get the "their trust factor is lower than yours" warning. If trust factor was working like it's supposed to, that should never happen

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
have you met slumpy

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

feelix posted:

Trust factor is a BS lie to placate people after the gutting of Prime and I'm not even joking. Not only do I constantly get matched with brand new smurfs on my old as gently caress account, I've actually queued with people who I met in random MM only to get the "their trust factor is lower than yours" warning. If trust factor was working like it's supposed to, that should never happen

sounds like someone needs to stop hacking and buy more games on steam

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

The problem with creating a pool of shitters for all the cheaters, trolls, flamers and assholes to end up in is that inevitably all counter-strike players belong down there.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

– Previously, a win would reset the round loss bonus. Now, a win reduces the loss counter by one.

:thunk:

– Added flashbang assists for players who successfully flash an enemy which then gets killed by another player. Players who threw the flashbang will get an assist callout in the death notice. However if another player inflicted >40 damage to the victim for the assist, the flashbang assist player will not get the callout.

:razz:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
https://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2019/03/23488/

quote:

Round loss bonuses are now based on the count of a team’s round losses. The count increases by one after every loss, and decreases by one after every win (minimum 0).

With 0 Losses: $1400
With 1 Loss: $1900
With 2 Losses: $2400
With 3 Losses: $2900
With 4+ Losses: $3400

Previously, a win would reset the round loss bonus. Now, a win reduces the loss counter by one.
Teams still begin the half with a loss count of 1.

Huge econ changes. no more resets? rip tactical losses. Lots more gun rounds which is good(?).

quote:

AUG

Now that players have had an opportunity to learn to love the AUG, returning the weapon to its original price of $3300.

M4A1-S

The M4A1-S now holds 25 bullets in the magazine, and has 75 in reserve.

nice buff to the A1, AUG should be 3500 imo

mcvey fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 14, 2019

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Obviously have to see how it pans out, but those economy changes look smart to me. There has been a big problem with the value of rounds since the introduction of progressive round loss bonuses. It's not ideal that CT sides can be completely reset and an entire half can get warped by a single gun round loss due to how the other team can build a bank and continue to buy.

The only issue I can see right now is that if you lose pistol and following couple rounds as T for example, if you continue to trade rounds back and forth you will never need to eco ever again. Even without bomb plants potentially. Takes a lot of risk out of the economy game. Conversely, the team that won early should theoretically be at a pretty big disadvantage in that kind of situation because they will be getting hard reset every loss while the team that lost out early will basically get a full buy worth of cash every round, win or lose.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

This is the anti-choke patch Liquid needs.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
drat I get poo poo talked for using the AUG for years, the price lowers and everyone starts using it and realize what I have known for a while lol. I'm glad the SG is staying at the same price though.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
[ MISC ]
– New Loadout Shuffle feature is available in the inventory. Choose to shuffle any number of your weapons or music kits and a random one will be equipped each map.

i dont care much but its cool that they added something people have wanted for so long

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
by the way, some scout frags.
These are mostly from a week of playing, and i didnt put a lot of clips that weren't scout. There's not a lot of polish or curation cause i just wanna free up my hard drive already. If you enjoy, thank you. If you don't, gently caress you!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv4N-Ruimew

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
double feature with me getting accused of cheating hoo boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05uoDevn4Lk

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

astralis are loving mental man. clowning on the second best team in the world like it's globals vs gold nova

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Vertigo seems to play very fast. How have the pro games on it looked so far?