Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Its pretty interesting to hear the forensic psychiatrist talk about the psychological impact on the families is really kind of heart breaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Yeah this is really important for the jury to hear but this trial has gotten Really unfun to listen to really quick

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

LionYeti posted:

Yeah this is really important for the jury to hear but this trial has gotten Really unfun to listen to really quick

Eh 'unfun' means that the horrific effects on the families are being centered rather than letting Alex and his minions continuously make a sideshow of this trial, so I'm okay with it.

Plus the defense will get to question this same expert and is going to poo poo the bed as hard as ever going by his objections so far, so just give it time.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

LionYeti posted:

It’s quietly damning, because this information on trauma and how others respond to one’s trauma is applicable in so many ways.

It’s not just weird Sandy Hook conspiracy theorists being assholes to grieving parents, it’s a parent minimizing trauma in their child, it’s genocide denialists, it’s the indifference when yet another black person is murdered by a cop on camera, it’s the horrific suicide rates among trans youth.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
And at the end of the day, Jones still gets to go home, have a big bowl of chili, and forget all the harm he's caused.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

War Wizard posted:

And at the end of the day, Jones still gets to go home, have a big bowl of chili, and forget all the harm he's caused.

Have a bowl of chili and most of a fifth of Wild Turkey lets not forget.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Lmao "This is something you learn in first year law. Don't do it again"

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Defense seems to like to start every line of questioning to expert witnesses with "YOU ARE GETTING PAID, RIGHT? checkmate."

red19fire
May 26, 2010

‘You cannot show evidence to a witness that you have not shown opposing counsel, I think we learned that in first year law’ good god I love this judge.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Tree Dude posted:

Defense seems to like to start every line of questioning to expert witnesses with "YOU ARE GETTING PAID, RIGHT? checkmate."

which is hilarious because the plantiffs plainly ask at the beginning "we're paying you for this testimony, correct?"

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

I hope someone is going through and keeping a count for how many times the judge has had to tell the defense "no stop that you were told not to do this back in school/at the start of the trial/ten seconds ago"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The defense is not doing a good job.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Hollismason posted:

The defense is not doing a good job.

evergreen post

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
haha they're gonna try to say he's a dem going after jones bc of politics

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Goddamnit I was eating dinner and the defense started ffffff

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

What was the judge just talking about? The thing where she thought it was one matter, but the lawyers disagreed and the defense specifically wanted something about "two lines"?

I only came in an hour ago and I'm still playing catch up, not helped at all by the audio on the stream being apparently piped in via dixie cups with string.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

LionYeti posted:

maybe they can make it fun again by putting Jones into a giant hamster ball or one of those human gyro rides.

Also give everyone in a court room a few freebie chili water baloons to throw at Gyro Jones and then charge for more throws.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

maybe they can make it fun again by putting Jones into a giant hamster ball or one of those human gyro rides.

Also give everyone in a court room a few freebie chili water baloons to throw at Gyro Jones and then charge for more throws.

Alex would totally agree to that if there were any cameras recording it happen.

Knuckle Sammich
May 4, 2009
Love seeing these expert witnesses who seem unassuming easily negating the defense's "Aha, gotcha!" questions.

What's the over-under on the defense getting their own witnesses to expose what pieces of poo poo they are?

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Knuckle Sammich posted:

Love seeing these expert witnesses who seem unassuming easily negating the defense's "Aha, gotcha!" questions.

What's the over-under on the defense getting their own witnesses to expose what pieces of poo poo they are?

Owen self owned pretty hard when he was on the stand.

At this point the defense is just throwing everything they can at the wall and hoping something hits. Right before the break there was an exchange that was basically:

Defense: And in 2016 didn't Hillary Clinton run ads tying Donald Trump to Alex Jones?

Witness: I...don't remember ever seeing one of those (and no doubt that was because he lives in a Blue ocean where that wouldn't have played).

Defense: *Pause* But she did run those ads.

Witness: I never saw any.

The defense lawyers are like those sitcom characters who tear apart their own houses to find their keys only to discover the keys were in the left pocket and not the right pocket like usual based on how often they just completely play themselves.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Knuckle Sammich posted:

I don't think the defense will be putting on much of a presentation at all.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don't think the defense will be putting on much of a presentation at all.

What the hell would a defense's witness even be here???? Like an expert in what?

Gonna bring in Calvin's dad to testify that the harassment "builds character"?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Xiahou Dun posted:

What the hell would a defense's witness even be here???? Like an expert in what?

Gonna bring in Calvin's dad to testify that the harassment "builds character"?

They're going to summon the queen of england to testify about her globalist lizardmen army.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Kind of tough to put pn an effective defense when you aren't allowed to introduce evidence or dispute facts

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

What a way to cap a long weekend, holy poo poo.

I only wish my gym didn't close at 4pm so I could wait until after they adjourn for the day to get a few sets in.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Arrhythmia posted:

They're going to summon the queen of england to testify about her globalist lizardmen army.

Unless I'm misremember or it's changed (both are entirely possible), in Alex's... cosmology for wont of a better word, the Queen of England is a dude. Also a robot.

Alex doesn't usually have much truck with lizard people, that's more David Icke's thing and Alex has mostly hated Icke. He's softened on him very recently and is doing a reverse Stalin, but historically Alex has poo poo all over the lizard people thing.

Why do I know this what is wrong with me.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Froghammer posted:

Kind of tough to put pn an effective defense when you aren't allowed to introduce evidence or dispute facts

Ok

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
It really is hard to put up an effective defence when the oppising side has facts and you can't dispute them though.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
So it appears after this current witness, Neil, Scarlett and JT (Scarlett’s child), will be testifying.

It goes without saying that this could be very difficult to watch and I urge that if you need to take some time and clear your head: do so. You are welcome to vent in here as well, just don’t post anything that I need to explain to a cop later.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
How is it not illegal to harass victims or survivors of mass shootings? Like seriously there's no laws that are in place to prevent harassement?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

teen witch posted:

So it appears after this current witness, Neil, Scarlett and JT (Scarlett’s child), will be testifying.

It goes without saying that this could be very difficult to watch and I urge that if you need to take some time and clear your head: do so. You are welcome to vent in here as well, just don’t post anything that I need to explain to a cop later.

the green is under the bench

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Froghammer posted:

They were allowed to introduce evidence and dispute facts. They provided Wikipedia entries and CSAM, made up poo poo, and then refused to take part in the court proceedings until the judge finally went, "Fine. You lose."

They don't get to whine about it being unfair and lovely when they're the ones who poo poo the place up.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Xiahou Dun posted:

Unless I'm misremember or it's changed (both are entirely possible), in Alex's... cosmology for wont of a better word, the Queen of England is a dude. Also a robot.

Alex doesn't usually have much truck with lizard people, that's more David Icke's thing and Alex has mostly hated Icke. He's softened on him very recently and is doing a reverse Stalin, but historically Alex has poo poo all over the lizard people thing.

Why do I know this what is wrong with me.

Alex doesn't like UFO stuff and aliens and steers away from it. I think it's because when he started, Bill Cooper already had the alien niche of that style of rightwing radio staked out. Jones obviously was influenced by Cooper, same with Limbaugh, but he purposely tried to do his own thing so he didn't have to compete with either. Since both Cooper and Limbaugh are dead, I don't think he feels as much need to stay away from those areas. He's been going big into ultraterrestrial stuff recently, saying they're demons from a Hell dimension that the Democrats are in service to and possess anyone to the left of him, but that's mostly been within the last decade I think. He wasn't as big into the Christian Dominionist thing early on in his career, just being crypto to full on fascist.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Froghammer posted:

They had a chance to produce evidence, it was called "discovery" and the fact that they outright refused to hand over documents or provide representatives of the company who were prepared on the topics they were told they would be asked about is why they are here. Alex's lawyers can't protest his innocence because he's already been found at fault. They can't talk about the 1st Amendment because this is a civil case and no one in government limited his speech. He had years to get his poo poo together and didn't. Don't feel bad for Alex Jones or even try to argue the system is stacked against him, he's just experiencing consequences for his own ghoulish actions.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The Queen is an unblemished final growth from the manure of our shared aristocratic past, and her family might go full scripted reality once she's dead.

If she's not dead already.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Hollismason posted:

How is it not illegal to harass victims or survivors of mass shootings? Like seriously there's no laws that are in place to prevent harassement?

“Muh free speech”

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hollismason posted:

FREEZE PEACH

The Construction specifically states in the 1st Amendment that conservative, Christian white men are allowed to say anything they want and it's illegal to critisize them or disagree with them in any way.

Its all confirmed my MSM and the White Papers.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

teen witch posted:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh.

Yeah, that's gonna be a pretty rough afternoon to watch.

Jesus, I'm just imagining what Shitball's attempts at cross-examination are going to be. Somehow, I'm not getting the sense that he's going to be a sensitive and caring interrogator.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Random Stranger posted:

They were allowed to introduce evidence and dispute facts. They provided Wikipedia entries and CSAM, made up poo poo, and then refused to take part in the court proceedings until the judge finally went, "Fine. You lose."

They don't get to whine about it being unfair and lovely when they're the ones who poo poo the place up.
Oh, I agree! Several of Jones' previous lawyers hosed up pre-trial so badly that his current one has his hands tied. Mounting the kind of defense Jones would want his lawyer to mount in his current circumstance is an impossible task.

As a separate point from all of that, this dude is an idiot and a bad lawyer and is also doing a bad job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

If Shitball (and Jordan really deserves credit for that) doesn't use the word Snowflake at some point I'll be astonished.