Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Cricket is the most complicated and difficult to understand sport that exists and I have no idea how people understand it, at least I can't think of anything more complicated.

That is my sports opinion that might get some of the peoples mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Soccer can be exciting with the right commentator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7OxXKn70GM

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Twelve by Pies posted:

Cricket is the most complicated and difficult to understand sport that exists and I have no idea how people understand it, at least I can't think of anything more complicated.

That is my sports opinion that might get some of the peoples mad.

I went to watch an India-Pakistan match in Queens over the course of three days back in the early-00's and it was the most I ever drank and yelled at a tv in my life.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Zeroisanumber posted:

I went to watch an India-Pakistan match in Queens over the course of three days back in the early-00's and it was the most I ever drank and yelled at a tv in my life.

Yeah thats how you watch cricket

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I think it's terrible how British people call sports "sport"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

And americans call maths "math"

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Sports? Sports! Sports! Sports! Sports! Sports! Sports!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Xiahou Dun posted:

Neither of those is true though?????

It really is, and if you ever watch the sports that are essentially soccer on a smaller field, even indoor soccer, the pace is much better and it's far easier to watch.

Jay Rust posted:

the most popular sport in the world is boring

It's the most popular sport in the world because it requires no equipment beyond "ball" and "Space"

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

HootTheOwl posted:

It really is, and if you ever watch the sports that are essentially soccer on a smaller field, even indoor soccer, the pace is much better and it's far easier to watch.

It's the most popular sport in the world because it requires no equipment beyond "ball" and "Space"

Cool insights. Maybe next you can riff on how what they call 'football' in america should really be called 'handegg' :laugh:

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
I think American football is even more complicated than cricket. I tried to explain the rules of American football to a really awesome Turkish exchange student at a restaurant once, and I had to give up after like 10 minutes. This person was a very good English speaker and extremely intelligent, but at some point we both just started laughing and that was that. Such a dumb sport.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

American football is incredibly simple though. The team holding the ball has four attempts to move the ball forward at least 10 yards, with the ultimate goal being to cross the other team's goal line, scoring a touchdown. If they fail to do so, they can attempt to kick a field goal for less points, or punt the ball to the other team. That's pretty simple, not as simple as soccer or baseball, but not too bad.

There's some incredibly dumb and complicated rules in football to be sure, but the main goal of the game isn't complex. Cricket on the other hand is incomprehensible as far as I'm concerned.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Twelve by Pies posted:

American football is incredibly simple though. The team holding the ball has four attempts to move the ball forward at least 10 yards, with the ultimate goal being to cross the other team's goal line, scoring a touchdown. If they fail to do so, they can attempt to kick a field goal for less points, or punt the ball to the other team. That's pretty simple, not as simple as soccer or baseball, but not too bad.

There's some incredibly dumb and complicated rules in football to be sure, but the main goal of the game isn't complex. Cricket on the other hand is incomprehensible as far as I'm concerned.

What you just wrote is wrong. You don't get to kick a field goal after your four attempts. Like your exact post trying to explain how simple the rules of American football are failed to get the rules right.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Speaking of Freep and Football: Teen’s suit says coaches made him eat pizza despite religion

Surely Freep would be horrified at forcing a jewish person to eat pepperoni pizza as a punishment...

quote:

To: nickcarraway

“Hebrew Israelite religious faith” -— I believe that is a wacky, hateful black cult.

2 posted on 01/02/2022 1:14:23 PM PST by PghBaldy (12/14 - 930am -rampage begins... 12/15 - 1030am - Obama's advance team sco uts photo-op locations.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]
...oh

quote:

Sounds like another “Clock Boy” hoping for a big payday.

5 posted on 01/02/2022 1:16:36 PM PST by Autonomous User (During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.)

quote:

Amazing what passes for national news these days.

7 posted on 01/02/2022 1:18:17 PM PST by JennysCool ("It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain)

Yes, how could a coach force a player to do something? :iiam:

quote:

How exactly does a coach ‘force’ someone to eat? Gunpoint? Open their piehole and shove it in?

8 posted on 01/02/2022 1:18:30 PM PST by Houserino

quote:

So, I’m not saying this didn’t happen.
And I’m not saying that the world has no idiots dumb enough to actually create this situation.

But, it’s 2022. We’re in the midst of a Woke epidemic.
If some idiot says, “Hey, kid! Eat this pepperoni pizza or else!! You want to be on the team, don’t you??” then how much genuine pressure does that put on someone?

Basic response: “I’m Jewish. Pepperoni is a forbidden food. If you try to make me do that, I will sue the ever-living crap out of you and out of this school. So knock it off.”

Why couldn’t the kid “diffuse” the situation that way?

But again: If the kid tried to make it clear, and some idiot insisted on being an idiot, then I guess the kid is going to be very rich.

But I don’t know why that stuff happens in 2022.

9 posted on 01/02/2022 1:19:36 PM PST by ClearCase_guy (Mass hypnosis of society. So many people are blind to the Truth which is in front of them.)

ok

quote:

I posted in another thread today that my mother used to make me pizza with English muffins, Hunts tomato sauce and Kraft shredded cheese.

This was back in the 1970s.

I have since recovered.
10 posted on 01/02/2022 1:19:48 PM PST by SamAdams76 (I am 52 days away from outliving John Hughes)

quote:

To: PghBaldy

“𝘏𝘦𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘸 𝘐𝘴𝘳𝘢𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘧𝘢𝘪𝘵𝘩” -— 𝘐 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘸𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘺, 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘤𝘶𝘭𝘵.

In the past I had heard that there was a Black Hebrew Israelites, and was hoping that the Hebrew Israelites were a different group. Sadly, I currently stand with hope in one hand, and something steamy, nutty, and rather stinky in the other. *Sigh*

11 posted on 01/02/2022 1:22:47 PM PST by Antihero101607
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Rebelbase

could have been that turkey pepperoni?
or that vegan plant based crap.... just saying

16 posted on 01/02/2022 1:29:09 PM PST by redshawk ( I want my red balloon. ( https://youtu.be/zNLpfEDliV0)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

quote:

I bet that coach can’t have a Bible on his desk nor can the team say a prayer on the field before a game or practice but this kid wants million$ for pepperoni grease.

19 posted on 01/02/2022 1:30:44 PM PST by Cowgirl of Justice

Jesus loving Christ, Freep! :cripes:

quote:

Kid probably secretly eats pizza all the time.

22 posted on 01/02/2022 1:32:07 PM PST by setter

quote:

To: setter

“Kid probably secretly eats pizza all the time.”

This situation sounds like the parents found out he ate tasty pepperoni pizza and rather than get a belt beating (which is normal in black families), he made up a lie about ‘being forced’. Like the high school girl who claims rape when she gets pregnant.

27 posted on 01/02/2022 1:38:18 PM PST by JoanSmith
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: PghBaldy

“I believe that is a wacky, hateful black cult.”

Never met a black person who did not love their pork.

37 posted on 01/02/2022 1:49:06 PM PST by setter
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Smollet! :argh:

quote:

To: House Atreides

EXACTLY! Plus I find it very hard to believe that the coach tried to force anybody to eat pizza.

Is the dude related to Jussie Smollet?

43 posted on 01/02/2022 1:54:10 PM PST by Mark17 (USAF ATCer, Retired. Father of USAF pilot. ATCers & pilots, the quintessential elements of aviation)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 29 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Rocko Jack

This racist, entitled player isn’t Jewish.

The “Hebrew Israelites”:are a vile, racist, satanic, hate group and cult who believe that Black people are the True Israelites. They refer to Whites as “White Devils”.

Don’t waste your sympathy on this cretin.

48 posted on 01/02/2022 2:02:45 PM PST by CrimsonTidegirl (Congratulations to the 2021 Heisman Winner Bryce Young. ROLL TIDE! SEC Champions. )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

pseudanonymous posted:

What you just wrote is wrong. You don't get to kick a field goal after your four attempts. Like your exact post trying to explain how simple the rules of American football are failed to get the rules right.

Okay yes I should have said that on the fourth attempt they may instead choose to punt or kick a field goal. It's still pretty simple to understand despite my loving up the explanation.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Twelve by Pies posted:

Cricket is definitely no more complex than baseball (get any two random baseball fans to explain the infield double rule, or what a balk is, and compare just how different their answers will be). The only thing that makes it feel baffling is that all of that strategy has its own jargon that, because it's a creole made up over centuries by people from across the Commonwealth, is completely impenetrable to an outsider.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Jagged Jim posted:

Speaking of Freep and Football: Teen’s suit says coaches made him eat pizza despite religion
code:

So, I’m not saying this didn’t happen.
And I’m not saying that the world has no idiots dumb enough to actually create this situation.

But, it’s 2022. We’re in the midst of a Woke epidemic.

Yeah, 5.5 million people have died of Covid, what we're in the middle of is a woke epidemic.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

the infield double rule
You mean the infield fly rule? That's easy. If you want something hard, try the batting-out-of-order rule.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Another Bill posted:

Cool insights. Maybe next you can riff on how what they call 'football' in america should really be called 'handegg' :laugh:

No, it should be called tedious.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I refuse to believe anyone in America actually knows what constitutes a balk in baseball. Including the umpires.

Last I checked, there are fourteen ways a pitcher can balk. I knew about four of them.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Presto posted:

You mean the infield fly rule? That's easy. If you want something hard, try the batting-out-of-order rule.

I did, yeah.

(See, that's how confusing baseball is, it makes people make up rules in their own heads!)

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I only have heard about balks from peanuts.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Just look at this bullshit -

----------------

According to the rules of baseball, a balk is "an illegal act by the pitcher with a runner or runners on base, entitling all runners to advance one base." The purpose of the balk rule is to preserve a balance between runners attempts to steal bases and the defense's attempts to retire them. Lax enforcement of the balk rule in the 1930s through the 1950s contributed to a sharp decline in base stealing attempts. Stricter enforcement in 1988 led to that season being known as the "Year of the Balk".

The balk rule (8.05 of the rules of Major League Baseball) is complex and technical, with 13 different actions that constitute a balk. Most balks can only be seen from a specific angle, meaning that a large percentage of the spectators at a game will not have seen the violation which caused a balk to be called. A pitcher may be charged with a balk if he:

Starts his pitching motion without completing the pitch;
Fakes a throw to first base;
While standing on the rubber, throws to a base without stepping directly toward that base;
While standing on the rubber, throws or fakes a throw to an unoccupied base, unless a runner is running toward that base;
Makes an illegal pitch, including a quick pitch;
Pitches while not facing the batter;
Makes any part of his pitching motion while not touching the pitching rubber;
Unnecessarily delays the game;
Stands on or astride the pitching rubber without the ball;
After assuming the windup or set position, removes one hand from the ball except in the course of making a pitch or throw to a base;
Drops the ball while standing on the pitching rubber;
Pitches while the catcher is not in the catcher's box;
Pitches from the set position without coming to a complete stop.
It should be noted that if a ball is put in play on a pitch that is otherwise a balk, the balk call will only stand if, as a result of the batted ball, the batter and baserunners do not all advance at least one base. If that is the case, the balk call is negated and the results of the play allowed to stand. This is the case even if one or more of the offensive players is put out after advancing the required base. For example, with a runner on first base, the pitcher commits a balk, but the batter hits the ball safely; the runner rounds second but is thrown out at third base. In this case, the balk is negated, because both the batter and runner advanced at least one base; the runner being thrown out later in the play is irrelevant. However, if the batter put the ball in play and the runner was forced out at second base, the play would be erased and the balk call would be allowed to stand, with the runner now on second base and the batter still at bat, with neither a ball nor a strike having been added to the count.

A balk committed with no runner on base results in a ball being called, even if no pitch is made.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
And if you want - go watch a compilation of balks to get yourself to where you think that you can tell what one is.

Then note that Carter Capps' delivery was legal.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Tony Phillips posted:

Then note that Carter Capps' delivery was legal.

Captain Log posted:

Makes any part of his pitching motion while not touching the pitching rubber;

??????????

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Baseball has way more convoluted rules than cricket, it's just that as someone else pointed out, cricket has it's own lingo (and is a better game)

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
That's why you should only watch lean and intuitive games like poker or magic the gathering.
But gently caress majong.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

cant cook creole bream posted:

That's why you should only watch lean and intuitive games like poker or magic the gathering.
But gently caress majong.

Lookit at this n00b who doesn’t play 麻將. Probably got kicked out for scrub-tier chicken hands and is bitter. 可憐的!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Mirage posted:

??????????

Show that to twenty umpires and you'll get twenty different answers.

Umpiring in baseball is proven to be very bad, and it's not really their fault. We have the ability to take the guesswork out with replay and robo-strike calls. Some stat website was able to figure out strike and ball calls are accurate about 90% of the time. Which is pretty God damned major, not to mention people like Ohtani picking up something like over forty balls-called-strikes on the outside of the plate alone. Big guys, like him and Aaron Judge, get constantly screwballed.

But the spirit of the game! : flaps jowls :

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ambitious Spider posted:

I only have heard about balks from peanuts.

I appreciate that he still gave Snoopy a thought bubble to the borglike uni-rant

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Captain Log posted:

But the spirit of the game! : flaps jowls :

Yeah I know a few guys who are into baseball and all of them are incredibly mad about replay and want it banned from the sport, for basically this reason.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
The balk rule boils down to: the pitcher can't try to fake out the other team.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

We need freep divers

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Jay Rust posted:

We need freep divers

Here's a new freep dive

Israel Jews good.
George Soros Jews bad and want to steal Israel

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
also:

Ultimately all Jews bad unless they convert

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yeah I know a few guys who are into baseball and all of them are incredibly mad about replay and want it banned from the sport, for basically this reason.

The younger fans like myself, a thirty-seven year old man, despise these old idiots.

Bring on replay, robo-umping, and everything else. It sucks seeing something like Ohtani get beat out by a handful of home runs, then seeing irrefutable evidence of him getting 40 extra balls-called-strikes.

Jay Rust posted:

We need freep divers

I've considered it. But I think my head would catch fire. Just blowing Fox message boards has probably taken a decade off my life.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Captain Log posted:

The younger fans like myself, a thirty-seven year old man, despise these old idiots.

Bring on replay, robo-umping, and everything else. It sucks seeing something like Ohtani get beat out by a handful of home runs, then seeing irrefutable evidence of him getting 40 extra balls-called-strikes.

I've considered it. But I think my head would catch fire. Just blowing Fox message boards has probably taken a decade off my life.

Has it now?!

I have had the opportunity to talk at length with a Minor League Baseball umpire. Life-long fan of the game, played in highschool and college, coached his son through international travel baseball, Mr. Baseball.

Umpiring ruined a lot of his enjoyment of the game. It turned out to be a lot more of a pain in the rear end than he envisioned. Too much bullshit, too many "personalities" to deal with, too much favoritism and nepotism.

"I wouldn't trade it for the world, but I'm not doing it again."

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Take your terrible sports elsewhere and go make out.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
I would no poo poo love to see Ted Cruz respond to a freeper accusing him of treason.
Ted Cruz Betrays America, Sides With Democrats Over January 6 — Here’s Why

quote:

To: datura
Tucker roasts Ted Cruz the unshaven coward. Ted always wants to look important. Screw you Ted.

54 posted on 1/5/2022, 5:12:19 PM by dforest (Freaking insane world. )

quote:

I remember during the Illinois Primary he blamed the rioting that happened at Trump’s rally, on TRUMP! Up until that point, I was on the fence between him and Trump. When he said that, I turned to my wife and and said “Trump just won Illinois “.

24 posted on 01/05/2022 4:48:29 PM PST by telescope115 (Proud member of the ANTIFAuci movement. )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: telescope115
” I remember during the Illinois Primary he blamed the rioting that happened at Trump's rally, on TRUMP!”
Paraphrasing a Great Man...

He holds The Bible high, and then he Lies! >>> Lyin’ Ted!

TRUMP 2024

58 posted on 01/05/2022 5:13:54 PM PST by MotorCityBuck ( Keep the change, you filthy animal! ,)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies ]

quote:

that is the exact moment that the esteemed “constitutional scholar” lost me ...

60 posted on 01/05/2022 5:15:43 PM PST by bankwalker (Repeal the 19th ...)

quote:

I remember during the Illinois Primary he blamed the rioting that happened at Trump’s rally, on TRUMP! Up until that point, I was on the fence between him and Trump. When he said that, I turned to my wife and and said “Trump just won Illinois “.
That was the moment I dropped Cruz and became a Trump supporter. Never looked back.

Today's statement is entirely in the same mold as that one.

97 posted on 01/05/2022 5:51:11 PM PST by TigersEye (Ray Epps didn't kill himself.)

quote:

Politically motivated or not, it’s the right move to make. Re-litigating the validity of the 2020 election and/or defending the January 6 protestors is a losing proposition in the general election in 2024. If we nominate a candidate who does that, we’ll be handing the Democrats the White House on a silver platter no matter how badly Biden does between now and then. I know many here don’t want to hear it, but we need to deal with the world as it is and not as we wish it would be.

20 posted on 01/05/2022 4:47:04 PM PST by sam_whiskey (Peace through Strength. )

quote:

To: sam_whiskey
RE-litigate? Sorry, I missed the first litigation. When did that happen?

Rewarding the treasonous behavior of the Never Trump GOP gives no incentive to change. They will be free to continue concluding with Marxist Democrats. We must not move on and memory hole the bipartisanly stolen election of 2020. Period. Our betters have rot in an American gulag tonight and you have the gall to tell us to move on from 1/6? Not going to happen in this house. Never forget. Never forgive.

38 posted on 01/05/2022 4:59:49 PM PST by lodi90
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies ]

quote:

Why don’t you leave then. I’d rather swim in the river Styx than give in to these communist bastards.

94 posted on 01/05/2022 5:48:28 PM PST by ohioman

quote:

In normal times, that might be a rational conclusion, but these are FAR from normal times. What you’re proposing is essentially the “avoid controversy” strategy that was employed in the Georgia senate run-off election. How’d that turn out?

I’m telling you right now, if the Republicans follow the path of Ted Cruz in believing that they’ve got the election in the bag if they only avoid “controversy”, they’ll lose yet again. No Republican can survive ANY election from here on out unless they martial such a huge turnout that it manages to squeak by the all-out assault of vote fraud from the left (and enabled by the anti-American Republican establishment). Betraying the vast majority of your voting base in a misguided attempt to be seen as politically “acceptable” will guarantee defeat.

Conventional political wisdom doesn’t work anymore. We’re in the middle of nothing less than a cold civil war, and in the final stages of determining whether there’s still a political avenue remaining for preventing it from going hot. ANYONE on the right who desires public office must be willing to wage total political and rhetorical war, or else choose between submitting to permanent tyranny or waging real kinetic war. The time for career-enhancing political games is over.

111 posted on 01/05/2022 6:08:57 PM PST by noiseman (The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.)

quote:

Cruz supports the democrat narrative of Jan 6 because he’s hoping Liz’s kangaroo court will lead to Trump being jailed or neutered. We have witnessed a coup in 2020 and now the illegitimate regime is carrying out recriminations against all opposition using a corrupt House, AG and FBI. Hitler, Stalin and Mao would be very familiar with what we’re witnessing in our corrupt fascist government institutions. God help us!

31 posted on 01/05/2022 4:54:36 PM PST by JesusIsLord

quote:

To: JesusIsLord
I just tried to leave him a message, but alas, his box is full. 202-224-5922

44 posted on 01/05/2022 5:03:32 PM PST by dandiegirl (BOBBY m)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies ]

quote:

TC is dead to me.

43 posted on 1/5/2022, 5:03:20 PM by KevinB (''...and to the Banana Republic for which it stands ...")

quote:

Trump supporters were not the driving force when it came to
forcing access to the Capital Building.

ANTIFA goons all decked out in their “unforms and backpacks”
were there, and they pushed the breaching of the building.

We know it. The FBI knows it. ANTIFA knows it.

Hell, ANTIFA let it be known they were going to be taking
part ahead of the event. None the less, our leaders and the
FBI refuse to admit to that. Why? Because Trump didn’t
lead them, and everyone knows it.

The leading driving force at the Capital Building break-in
was not the Trump supporters. Period!

Notice the FBI isn’t checking out all ANTIFA members in
Washington that day. As far as I’ve heard, it’s only
Conservatives that the FBI is checking out.

This thing is false flag all the way, and every Conservative
knows it.

Ted doesn’t.

Just like 2016, he’s willing to sell us out to get back
at Trump. Boy is this guy worthless.

I’ve tried to tell folks for Six years now. Some folks
just won’t accept who and what Ted really is.

So be it.

I don’t trust that lard rear end fake any farther than I can
drop kick him.

After 2016, he Beck and Levin have been dead to me.

Not one of them grasped how badly we needed Trump over
Clinton. At they very end they faked it, so as to
salvage their careers.

I haven’t bought it, and I never will.

48 posted on 1/5/2022, 5:07:21 PM by DoughtyOne (Democrats, fixing things that haven't been broken, so they don't work, for over 197 years.)

quote:

To: hawkaw
I didn’t see a “violent terrorist attack” on the Capital. Nothing was burned, nothing was destroyed, only windows were broken and it’s questionable who broke those. I did see capitol police beating protestors and I did see trespassers milling peacefully around inside the building. Only trump supporters were killed. And we still havent seen the video the Democrats don’t want us to see. Sorry, I didn’t see a violent terrorist attack on the capitol and Cruz just embraced the Democrat narrative.

90 posted on 1/5/2022, 5:44:24 PM by ez ("Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is." - Milton)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 83 | View Replies]

quote:

This was the lead story just now on Tucker Carlson Tonight. In his is opinion is, that Cruz has either succumbed to The Swamp or, he was never a Conservative he pretended to be.
My opinion is, Cruz is joining with the RINO’s to attempt to undermine President Trump’s inevitable 2024 run for a second term.
I believe Cruz knows he doesn’t have a Snowballs Chance in Hell of winning that election but, he wants to do whatever he can to try to prevent President Trump from winning that election.
Even if it means a Democrat ends up winning.
I believe this is a Petty Grudge he holds and the consequences to our country be damned.

70 posted on 1/5/2022, 5:22:31 PM by ocrp1982

quote:

Imo, there was never a point or period where Cruze wasn’t talking out the side of his neck.

Say what the focus committee tells him we want to hear when the cameras roll, be the dem’s b**ch when the cameras are off and the doors are shut.

He believes we’re too stupid to keep track of his BS. Unfortunately for us, far far too many are that stupid.

Also, imo, people need to wake up and figure out that the purpose of political party structures are to ensure that anyone rising to power in the political system is fully vetted as compromised and controllable. Otherwise, they’re not allowed near the power places.

There is no such thing as an honest or honorable career politician. The system simply will not tolerate such.

78 posted on 1/5/2022, 5:27:29 PM by Grimmy (equivocation is but the first step along the road to capitulation)

quote:

I literally held my nose voting for him 3 years ago because he was needed for Trump. I will again hold my nose voting for him 3 years from now, if he’s on the November ballot, because I’m able to understand what the Democrats have in store for me and the country (even though he’ll likely lose then).

But even so, Cruz is about as big a jerk as I’ve ever seen.

85 posted on 1/5/2022, 5:35:27 PM by BobL (I shop at Walmart and eat at McDonald's, I just don't tell anyone, like most here.)

quote:

To: Ge0ffrey
"Stick a fork in Ted. He’s toast."
Most Congressional Republicans take their supporters for granted. I said most, not all. They believe that people will forgive and forget. Cruz probably thinks he can schmooze this over these next few years, and be a viable Presidential candidate. There are plenty of registered Republicans who will forgive and forget, while others will hold their nose and vote for whatever piece of crap the GOP allows to be nominated. I've already seen it happen. People are still supporting Congressional Republicans who initially planned to reject Biden's electors, then used the interruption of January 6th as an excuse to change their minds, and vote to accept Biden's electors. That's not courage, that's weakness. When the chips are down, they become turn-coats and run the other way.

Personally, I will never forgive and forget. I won't ever hold my nose again to vote for any Republican that the GOP floats in front of me. After almost 50 years of being a registered Republican, I changed my party affiliation to "no party" after the majority of Republicans in Congress voted to put a potato in The White House, and sanctioned unlimited voter fraud. I can't support this party any longer. I don't care what others do, but I will not compromise my values any longer. My next move will be to permanently remove my name from the voter rolls, because until voter fraud is totally eliminated, there will never be an honest election in this country ever again.

53 posted on 1/5/2022, 5:11:24 PM by mass55th ("Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." ~~ John Wayne )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

quote:

To: mass55th
Nor I. I will vote for Conservative politicians. I will not vote for GOP-lebeled anything.

I do not imagine to any degree that many GOPers follow this road.

91 posted on 1/5/2022, 5:44:46 PM by Bodega (Ready to secede now before it's too late.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 53 | View Replies]
>> votes_straight_ticket_republican_next_election.txt

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

quote:

"Stick a fork in Ted. He’s toast."

What kind of a monster would put a fork on toast.

Are these fucks so messed up they can't even operate hot bread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

RE-litigate? Sorry, I missed the first litigation. When did that happen?

Can't believe this Freeper completely forgot about THE KRAKEN and Lin Wood and the multiple lawsuits attempting to overturn the election.

quote:

I will again hold my nose voting for him 3 years from now, if he’s on the November ballot, because I’m able to understand what the Democrats have in store for me and the country (even though he’ll likely lose then).

At least this Freeper is completely honest.

quote:

Personally, I will never forgive and forget. I won't ever hold my nose again to vote for any Republican that the GOP floats in front of me.

Unlike this one, who will vote for anyone with an R behind their name until they die.

Even though I know they will vote for him no matter what, it is kind of nice to see Freepers hating on Cruz again.