Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Vitality spanking Astralis on dust2. Wasn't convinced about Vitality at the start of the tournament but they have made me a believer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

dad on the rag posted:

Vitality spanking Astralis on dust2. Wasn't convinced about Vitality at the start of the tournament but they have made me a believer.

S1mple: "I think that ZywOo is closer to my level than any other pro."

ZYWOOOO

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
It's been called in this thread a long time ago, the guy is out of this world, even more naturally talented than s1mple it feels like. God knows what he'll look like with some more T1 events under his belt. Imagine him on an Astralis/Liquid team as well, oof.

Also have to shout out ALEX on Vitality, honestly, he looked like another dead weight IGL but he has picked up his game. He's inconsistent, but when he's performing, he's got to be one of the most talented IGL players in the scene. In fact he's the second highest rated player for Vitality at this event.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
All hail our new/old baguette overlords. Gonna be a sick final with either TL or Navi :dance:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

It's nice that most of the non poo poo head French players are on Vitality

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Was so sad watching GTR try to express words for his departure.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
im so sick of the comp map pool its been like 5 straight years with the same 8 maps sans cache when 1.6 had 12 maps of way better variation

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

drjuggalo posted:

im so sick of the comp map pool its been like 5 straight years with the same 8 maps sans cache when 1.6 had 12 maps of way better variation

I think you're remembering things a little over-fondly, generally speaking most Major 1.6 tournaments took place almost exclusively on dust2, nuke, train and inferno. And towards the end, tuscan. Maps like cpl_mill, cpl_strike, cpl_fire rarely saw play, and both aztec and dust fell out of favour pretty early on indeed.

I don't disagree with your point though, it seems dumb to always have maps out of the pool, and a cpl_mill/tuscan map not even in the pool at all. IIRC, BRUTESMAPS or something wouldn't give permission to mappers to use tuscan or russka. Contra or a re-tooled Season could be valid additions too.

I think there is a lot of resistance from teams themselves on adding maps to the pool, or having the pool too large in general. I think teams now have to be competent at more maps than teams ever really had to be before. And when you factor in how long it takes to really be 'current' on a map, probably 3-4 weeks minimum, having a gigantic map pool makes it very difficult for new rosters to compete. Even with added vetos, having a 10-12 map pool would be an impractical time commitment for teams, and probably lead to hella RNG on the randomiser map selection. For a viewer that's fun, from a team perspective that's hell. Imagine even just getting competent as a team on 10 maps, at two weeks a piece, that's 20 weeks of full-time pracc, not including all the tournaments you have to play and travel to. And by the end of those 20 weeks, are you really up to date on the first one you tackled?

Even having 5-6 maps you play very well is basically something reserved only for the most organised and long-standing rosters.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I think some of these older maps need to be retooled for go mechanics (including molotovs, etc) and also de_abbey was awesome

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

is there an FPS gaming mouse recommendation post/thread? Don't need anything fancy my zowie fk2 was fine but the right mouse button has started acting up.

e: found it - but any recommendations from this thread would have more weight to it as counterstrike is the only fps game that matters

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jul 7, 2019

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
I use a 8 dollar black small 2 button mouse because its really small and light.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

NtotheTC posted:

is there an FPS gaming mouse recommendation post/thread? Don't need anything fancy my zowie fk2 was fine but the right mouse button has started acting up.

e: found it - but any recommendations from this thread would have more weight to it as counterstrike is the only fps game that matters

I've gone through a lot of mice over the last few years, and I'm currently using a Zowie EC2-A that I'm very happy with. Used to think that I needed all that proprietary software, but honestly it's a relief to not have to bother with that stuff. Zowie has all the common sense settings you expect from a gaming mouse, and what do you really need aside from basic dpi control?

The Steelseries Rival is also an excellent mouse in terms of form and performance, but I have gone through three or maybe even four of them since 2016 and they always inevitably develop the same type of sensor issues, and while I lift my mouse a fair bit, I really don't think I'm playing rough enough to justify that level of breakage. Probably would have been my favorite mouse if they would just work. Fooled me four times in a row, after all.

The Razer Deathadder is also probably a fine mouse, never had any actual issues with it, but there was something about its weight distribution or my confused brain that just got to me, so I gave it away and replaced it with my Current EC2.

Lastly, while I have yet to try them myself, I have heard really good things about the current generation of wireless gaming mice; one of the dudes I play with regularly sings the praises of the logitech g pro wireless, but it's kind of pricy compared to.. almost any mouse, really.

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jul 7, 2019

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Bohemian Nights posted:

Lastly, while I have yet to try them myself, I have heard really good things about the current generation of wireless gaming mice; one of the dudes I play with regularly sings the praises of the logitech g pro wireless, but it's kind of pricy compared to.. almost any mouse, really.

This is super interesting actually.. getting rid of a the cable would be excellent. I was under the impression wireless pereipherals still had input lag issues but at least with the latest gen that doesn't seem to be the case

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Yeah, same, I was also very skeptical about the input lag, but from all accounts there's zero difference these days. If you take the cost out of the equation, I'd go wireless in a heartbeat if my mouse died today.

Alas, the EC2 seems sturdy, so it might be a while.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

the G703 isn't too unreasonable in terms of price, it's about £85 to the GPRO's £130, but they put they DPI button on top which is such a dick move (I'm sure it can be disabled but then I have to install the software. Boo!)

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Vitality outclassed by Liquid. Kind of expected I guess. Vitality have one star, and maybe you can expect 1-2 of their other players to turn up in a game. Liquid have like 3 star players, and it's not like nitr0 and Stewie2k don't go ham on top of that sometimes.

1.33 rating for ZywOo over 17 maps, just nuts. Second highest on Vitality was 0.99 lol.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Coldzera out of mibr wow

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

If I see any of you ask why they don't just use soundproof booths with one way mirrors i'm going to lose my loving mind.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

We don't give Europeans enough poo poo that an NA team is #1 in the world.

Flailing about with their eu nades and little eu brains lol

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

mcvey posted:

Coldzera out of mibr wow

Remains to be seen if he can wriggle his way out of his contract though. His buyout must be astronomically high.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Photex posted:

If I see any of you ask why they don't just use soundproof booths with one way mirrors i'm going to lose my loving mind.

...context?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Beach Bum posted:

...context?

zywoo using the crowd during the dust2 match

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
I mean isn't this every top player doing it. Also I'd like to see a clip of what you are referring to.

Classic Olof - https://clips.twitch.tv/RamshackleEsteemedCrabJonCarnage

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

sterster posted:

I mean isn't this every top player doing it. Also I'd like to see a clip of what you are referring to.

Classic Olof - https://clips.twitch.tv/RamshackleEsteemedCrabJonCarnage

https://clips.twitch.tv/CautiousTenaciousVampireKappaRoss

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Put them in soundproof underwater booths. If they lose the booth gets filled with water and dropped tot he bottom of the ocean.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Players must use VR headsets so they cant see the crowd

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I mean, really they should have all migrated to Pavlov VR already anyway so headsets is a step in the right direction.

Also I bit the bullet and spent an obscene amount of money on a logitech gpro wireless. Impressed so far, there's no lag or stuttering, its lighter than my fk2 and the lack of cable makes flicking much easier

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Played out of my goddamn mind first 3 matches today ranking up to dmg, had two close losses where i did ok at best. Got invited by a random and his friend, ignored the low trust factor warning and that one of then didnt have prime. Had to play against 4 new accounts, one of them 1deaging regularly, wallbanging everywhere, knowing when to 180 peek people lurking him, and a teammate of his accused me of a fishy prefire and who afterwards would always jigglepeek in off angles. Did pretty ok for what the match was but lost and deranked and it completely sapped my energy. Never again.

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?

ArfJason posted:

Played out of my goddamn mind first 3 matches today ranking up to dmg, had two close losses where i did ok at best. Got invited by a random and his friend, ignored the low trust factor warning and that one of then didnt have prime. Had to play against 4 new accounts, one of them 1deaging regularly, wallbanging everywhere, knowing when to 180 peek people lurking him, and a teammate of his accused me of a fishy prefire and who afterwards would always jigglepeek in off angles. Did pretty ok for what the match was but lost and deranked and it completely sapped my energy. Never again.
Same but going from faceit to prime mm.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
my pc cant handle the 128 tick servers so its mm for me lmfao

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
There are so many hilarious mishaps with the Blast production. A full band is doing a soundcheck behind the analysts right now. I love it.

Also, n0thing really has to pee https://clips.twitch.tv/WonderfulRudeOwlDoggo

Fauxshiz fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jul 13, 2019

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

I'm really liking this new c9 roster.

lonter
Oct 12, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

This is super interesting actually.. getting rid of a the cable would be excellent. I was under the impression wireless pereipherals still had input lag issues but at least with the latest gen that doesn't seem to be the case

A friend of mine bought it and very quickly has issues with the mouse buttons double-clicking when he tries to click, or something like that. Apparently it's an issue many people have in areas with.. low? Or high? Air humidity. Logitech hasn't acknowledged it as far as I know.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

I got a logitech g703, it lasted 1.5 years out of a two year warranty before I had to replace it because of double clicking/single clicking issues. It would randomly drop single clicks, do a double click when trying to single click, as well as not properly drag/drop things.

For a little while I was able to get it to work by turning it off and holding down the mouse button for about 30s or so, but my replacement one is doing the same. I've since seen another fix though which I think is what the humidity thing is about - lightly lifting up the m1 button just a tiny bit and blowing directly inside it seems to fix it

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

lonter posted:

A friend of mine bought it and very quickly has issues with the mouse buttons double-clicking when he tries to click, or something like that. Apparently it's an issue many people have in areas with.. low? Or high? Air humidity. Logitech hasn't acknowledged it as far as I know.

This is the issue I got with my Zowie mouse after a year or two, so I think it's switch related rather than anything to do with the wireless tech. the GPro is working flawlessly right now and I'm very happy with it, but I'll update in future if anything goes wrong.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Double-clicking on a single click is a pretty ancient mouse problem, most of the time it's a fiddly fix though. There's a tiny piece of a metal under tension, and if you've clicked too hard one too many times, it's possible to bend it slightly to the extent that it registers twice when you press it. I feel like Logitech mice might be particularly prone to it, definitely happened to one of mine a bazillion years ago.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Meanwhile I'm on my second set of Hyperglides for my Gen1 MX518 :shrug:

I did have a G500 I'd replaced it with, but the cord frayed and it burned out two of my motherboard's USB root hubs, necessitating replacement of the board, CPU, and RAM.

Mormon Mother
Jan 23, 2008
Self diagnosed!

Jeza posted:

Double-clicking on a single click is a pretty ancient mouse problem, most of the time it's a fiddly fix though. There's a tiny piece of a metal under tension, and if you've clicked too hard one too many times, it's possible to bend it slightly to the extent that it registers twice when you press it. I feel like Logitech mice might be particularly prone to it, definitely happened to one of mine a bazillion years ago.

This fix is definitely pretty fiddly, but once you know what to do it's very easy. I had it happen to a g500 and then it happened to the two replacement g500s Logitech sent me. I now have three perfectly functional g500s. Seems like it happens after 1-2 years of use, but I've never had to fix the problem a second time on the same mouse.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I have never had any issue with double-clicking or whatever with any mouse and I used to play a fuckton of CS and other FPS', what are you goons doing to your poor mice that these things happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mormon Mother
Jan 23, 2008
Self diagnosed!
The harder you click, the more damage your gun does. Everyone knows this