Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
I want Arms with a NetherRealm story mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I love that the story behind the human fighters in Arms is just "some people have springy arms, who cares."

Arms stretch, so what

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I love that the story behind the human fighters in Arms is just "some people have springy arms, who cares."

Arms stretch, so what

It is lol they mentioned this with mechanica or whatever her name is. She wasn't born with spring arms so she made a mech

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I think it's a terrible missed opportunity that the :rolldice: minigame to get new ARMS isn't called the ARMory.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think it's a terrible missed opportunity that the :rolldice: minigame to get new ARMS isn't called the ARMory.

It should really be called the ARMS Dealer imo.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It should really be called the ARMS Dealer imo.

poo poo, I stand corrected :stare:.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
They probably don't want the arms to be associated with weapons

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kashuno posted:

They probably don't want the arms to be associated with weapons

You mean aside from the actual title of the game with the dual-meaning of arms as both limbs and weapons?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If only you could create a US account to download it right now..

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You mean aside from the actual title of the game with the dual-meaning of arms as both limbs and weapons?

Anime
Rape
Murder
Simulator

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Infinitum posted:

Anime
Rape
Murder
Simulator

So Disgaea?

Which was the second Switch game I bought since both it and Zelda are dual language and all the stores here in Japan had both in stock. Best game in the series if you skip through all the story crap and just get to work trying to break the game with overpowered combinations.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Anime
Rape
Murder
Simulator

Huh, the Switch really is getting the Vita's old niche.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I'm going to be at a vacation with a bunch of friends during the second batch of TESTPUNCHes (best name) and I'm hoping against hope it'll support local multiplayer so we can try that even though I know the answer is probably no.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Huh, the Switch really is getting the Vita's old niche.

All originally stems from the Greatness of the Sega Saturn.

The Switch is therefore the Sega Saturn 3 using my own Anidav gaming timeline

Pyswagoras
Oct 4, 2013

Celery Jello posted:

I'm going to be at a vacation with a bunch of friends during the second batch of TESTPUNCHes (best name) and I'm hoping against hope it'll support local multiplayer so we can try that even though I know the answer is probably no.

Two-player is an option in the Testpunch menu, so you probably can?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Pyswagoras posted:

Two-player is an option in the Testpunch menu, so you probably can?

yesssssssss

I hadn't downloaded it yet, thanks for that.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Shigeru, put that whole booty on my face and murder me with it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

unironically yes. Nintendo is really weird like that.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Switch will be arriving sooner than I expected so I picked up BOTW and MK8 before I go on my work trip! :toot:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Jarogue posted:

So where is my Spring Man and Ribbon Girl amiibo with movable arms like the Guardian amiibo Nintendo.

sold out

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Shigeru, put that whole booty on my face and murder me with it.

game is called ARMS, not HAMS

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Looking forward to playing some Thumper when I get home from work tonight, hope it runs well, if anyone picks it up, I'd appreciate a trip report!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I already like the base game features but adding more poo poo all year to ARMS is excellent

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DLC Inc posted:

I already like the base game features but adding more poo poo all year to ARMS is excellent

Kinda sad there isn't a Mii Fighter though.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

The Machine posted:

I want Arms with a NetherRealm story mode.

Yeah! I finished up the injustice 2 story the other day. So fun

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Kinda sad there isn't a Mii Fighter though.

I'm waiting for Little Mac myself but there's plenty of hope to be had that a free character will be a guest

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

WIFEY WATCHDOG fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 18, 2017

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

same

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Nintendo please release a green right joycon I must combo it with my blue left joycon

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i'm gonna buy arms right after i buy mario kart and street fighter for my super nintendo switch.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Dugong posted:

Nintendo please release a green right joycon I must combo it with my blue left joycon

My buddy bought some new joycon shells off aliexpress and they look and feel identical. Pretty sure they have that green

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Last night some old buddies came in town and we met at a bar to BS and drink for awhile. The bar had an old pacman machine which lead to the subject of video games coming up in. One of them mentioned hearing the new Nintendo was cool, but they hadn't seen it. I had mine in the car as I bring it to work for lunch break sometimes, so they wanted me to go grab it. I set it up on the bar with Mario Kart and a half drunken battle mode tourney broke out. The crazy thing is other people in the bar came over to play, including the bartender. It was the most bizarre loving thing, but great.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
So my Switch is arriving today along with a case and glass screen protector. Someone mentioned up thread there's an issue with the protector and the dock? Anybody know more about that?

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life

Morby posted:

So my Switch is arriving today along with a case and glass screen protector. Someone mentioned up thread there's an issue with the protector and the dock? Anybody know more about that?

Most glass protectors use lovely glue that can bubble up / be visible when there's a lot of heat applied to it. (Dock mode generates more heat). Sometimes they'll peel up and become unstuck.

Supposedly you can let the glue cure more before docking it but I dunno if that actually helps or not.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Last night some old buddies came in town and we met at a bar to BS and drink for awhile. The bar had an old pacman machine which lead to the subject of video games coming up in. One of them mentioned hearing the new Nintendo was cool, but they hadn't seen it. I had mine in the car as I bring it to work for lunch break sometimes, so they wanted me to go grab it. I set it up on the bar with Mario Kart and a half drunken battle mode tourney broke out. The crazy thing is other people in the bar came over to play, including the bartender. It was the most bizarre loving thing, but great.

I love stuff like this.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

LethalGeek posted:

I love stuff like this.

I did something similar at work yesterday -- buncha coworkers who were aware of the Switch but never saw one in the wild. Naturally we paired off for MK8 championships and I've sold another half dozen people on the Switch.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

w00tazn posted:

Most glass protectors use lovely glue that can bubble up / be visible when there's a lot of heat applied to it. (Dock mode generates more heat). Sometimes they'll peel up and become unstuck.

Supposedly you can let the glue cure more before docking it but I dunno if that actually helps or not.

I have had zero issues with my screen I put it on before putting it in a carrying case for a 45 minute long drive and then played in handheld for about an hour with some friends before DnD because why not have half the people show up early for some Mario Kart.

I did mess up the install on first placement and had to remove the protector right after putting it on and 1 of the corners is lifted slightly, but it has been like that since I put it on and hasn't gotten any worse in the 3 weeks it's been on. You don't even notice it while playing, if I cared enough about it I'd get a new protector though I kind of like it since it will make it easy to remove the protector if it gets scratched and needs to be replaced.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

w00tazn posted:

That is an issue with the non glass screen protectors. The glue is lovely and the whole thing just falls off if you put it in the dock. There were people thinking that the extra thickness of the glass protector was causing issues when placed in the dock.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

haha nice try, PAID SHILL, but we all know these kinda stores are all false

SyHopeful posted:

I did something similar at work yesterday -- buncha coworkers who were aware of the Switch but never saw one in the wild. Naturally we paired off for MK8 championships and I've sold another half dozen people on the Switch.

IMPOSSIBLE!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Sakurazuka posted:

Team 17 doing something that isn't a lazy port of one of their lazy Worms games? :eyepop:

Actually, they've been making the Escapists games since then.

• Locked thread