Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
I almost get the sense that the DNC is trying to invite misogyny into actual leftism to try to undermine it. If that's the case, I really don't think they have the slightest inkling of how badly that's going to blow up in their face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

glen greenwald a gently caress

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I almost get the sense that the DNC is trying to invite misogyny into actual leftism to try to undermine it. If that's the case, I really don't think they have the slightest inkling of how badly that's going to blow up in their face.

You're giving them way to much credit there.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

logikv9 posted:

it's was an incredibly stupid violation of their source, which given the intercept's history of protecting important whistleblowers seems suspicious

basically it's either stupidity or malice, or all reality winner's fault if you're a poster here

Was Greenwald the one involved with this incident or was it another intercept person?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

That's a pretty bold plot from the people who couldn't defeat Donald Trump.

I think what's happening is that the Hillpeople are looking for any angle to attack the left and have chosen screaming RACIST SEXIST at them.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

logikv9 posted:

it's was an incredibly stupid violation of their source, which given the intercept's history of protecting important whistleblowers seems suspicious

basically it's either stupidity or malice, or all reality winner's fault if you're a poster here

:salt:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

ThndrShk2k posted:

Was Greenwald the one involved with this incident or was it another intercept person?

idk it was probably one of his journos, but with receipt of gov documents i assume the bigwigs become involved

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

it was all reality winner's fault technically

she trusted the intercept

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
We don't know what happened. Anyway here's what I know happened.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Well I mean lol in general at leaking classified documents just because you're really mad at a dude and want him to be wrong.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

logikv9 posted:

it was all reality winner's fault technically

she trusted the intercept

salty corncob, best corncob

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
what happened happened, the intent behind the actions is up to you

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Why not a Cake Donut? Those are good btw.

because thats the most american fattening food ive ever heard of

help help my donut is being erased by a cake :mad:

or is it that the cake is erasing the donut :thunk:

*turns into a donut cake*

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
It's society's fault for not teaching people that printers do invisible fingerprinting.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
The Hill twitter corncob thing is cute because it's transparent in how hard they're trying to turn the identity part of left language into an excuse to uphold their disgusting ideologies; fascists coopting revolutionary language in the name of reactionary positions was already a fairly old tactic at this point.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Montasque posted:

That's a pretty bold plot from the people who couldn't defeat Donald Trump.

I think what's happening is that the Hillpeople are looking for any angle to attack the left and have chosen screaming RACIST SEXIST at them.

are you implying they stopped doing this?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Matt Zerella posted:

are you implying they stopped doing this?

No, I'm clearly saying they are currently doing this right now.

Like they did during the election.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

logikv9 posted:

what happened happened, the intent behind the actions is up to you

oh boy is it ever up to the individual to speculate wildly in ways that will not conform to preexisting biases because there is no actual other information

on this, we agree completely.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Montasque posted:

No, I'm clearly saying they are currently doing this right now.

Like they did during the election.

ok. marcotte/doyle/daou/tanden et al basically never stopped.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Thoguh posted:

Going through imgur to find that Zoux photo reminded me that this gem exists.

dudes rocking out as hard as he can give him a break

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Willie Tomg posted:

oh boy is it ever up to the individual to speculate wildly in ways that will not conform to preexisting biases because there is no actual other information

on this, we agree completely.

what other information do you need? the original documents were sent to the government and even posted on their website as a scan. the fingerprints were visible on the scan as well so even random people on the internet could deduce the printer serial number. that's stupidity at the bare minimum

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

DNC that can't beat donald trump for president has 3D chess plan to keep leftism down

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

logikv9 posted:

what other information do you need? the original documents were sent to the government and even posted on their website as a scan. the fingerprints were visible on the scan as well so even random people on the internet could deduce the printer serial number. that's stupidity at the bare minimum

also they published it and immediately disavowed it in tweets because they needed to make it publicly available to bury her more.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

logikv9 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxt7q4YeZZE&t=50s

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Donkwich posted:

centrists identify with being hollow in the middle

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
every other major IC leaker took far more precautions than Literally Printing Paper in the year 2017 and still either had to flee the country or get locked in a box for most of a decade.

if we're speculating wildly, then i'm gonna speculate that the government asked very very nicely for the printed originals that were given to a US-based news outlet.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
he's running

https://twitter.com/cd_hooks/status/895699371546759168

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Willie Tomg posted:

every other major IC leaker took far more precautions than Literally Printing Paper in the year 2017 and still either had to flee the country or get locked in a box for most of a decade.

if we're speculating wildly, then i'm gonna speculate that the government asked very very nicely for the printed originals that were given to a US-based news outlet.

the intercept sent the documents themselves in an attempt to authenticate

cycling back around to "it's her fault" quick tbh. she should've googled "how to leak" and known about printers that spy on you

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Logik and zergemans are gonna blow this whole thing wide open

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lol i was just wondering what happened to the castros, their stock faded fast after hillary bypassed one of them for the VP pick

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
fyi please do not google "how to leak"

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol i was just wondering what happened to the castros, their stock faded fast after hillary bypassed one of them for the VP pick

Dudes are balding pretty fast

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

also one violated the hatch act when things mattered.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Julian Castro is the absolute boy in that he's literally a child in a man's suit.

Joaquin and him alternate between who's the face and who's the legs

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

If I were rich I would create an organization with the goal of mobilizing thousands of people to just respond to every dumb liberal twitter person with "shut the gently caress up (person's first name)". Imagine - every time these people posted something the replies would just be full of hundreds of people telling them to shut up. It would be beautiful.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

speaking of twins DID YOU KNOW

the olsen twins are fraternal

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

zegermans posted:

speaking of twins DID YOU KNOW

the olsen twins are fraternal

I did know that already but thank you.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

The Nastier Nate posted:

I did know that already but thank you.

Linda Hamilton has a twin which made the steel mill T-1000 ending scene a lot easier

also they edited out the T-1000 glitching post-shatter and reform which let John figure out who was fake. Don't know what they changed that other than to make the T-1000 look more invincible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

logikv9 posted:

the intercept sent the documents themselves in an attempt to authenticate

this is the crux of it. this is the bit where you come into the topic with a high opinion of the intercept and you think they should have done this differently because they have a lot of credibility, or you have a low opinion of the intercept in which case you're just ripping on the intercept like a dog idly chewing on a marrow bone. how would you verify printed documents given to your website's offices anonymously? what specific practices would you have followed?

everything else--the speculation of malice and stupidity and the weird greenwald fixation--is weirdly specific nonsense conjured out of nothing.

• Locked thread