Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Inspector Hound posted:

And a console generation before that I played the poo poo out of the side scroller Jurassic Park games where you could play as a raptor. The time has come for a new open world dinosaur game.

I AM TUROK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

beep by grandpa posted:

Jurassic Park: The lost World had exactly that level. Played many hours of that lovely game on my sega saturn as a kid and this level made it all worth it cause it was dope af to go on a rampage power trip eating people (iirc for the entire game before this you're weakling dinosaurs with lots of predators way bigger than you)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NhOVr_rIXc&t=5136s

even tho looking back on it now as an adult it looks kinda lame lmao but at the time it was really cool!!!

I’m gonna call the resolution/frame rate police on this guy. :catstare:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

VG I just watched that clip and man, that was so loving rad!! Good job man! You’re an absolute legend.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

How is Returnal?

best thing since metroid prime if the ps5 thread is to be believed and i didnt budget for it :negative:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

GreenBuckanneer posted:

How is Returnal?

It’s really goddamn good, but it’s also not available for the PS4!

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Imhotep posted:

Katamari rules, I need a remaster of ‘We <3 Katamari’

gently caress YES!!! LETS DO IT!!!

But seriously though, I want it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Just finished the Not a Hero DLC for Resi7. It was fun! Doing End of Zoë now.

End of Zoe is hilarious and cathartic. It's so fun just removing all the horror and playing this old man who is the incredible hulk.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I hope we have a good “The Bloodborne Cycle” type graphic ready in a couple years when Waltzing Along posts a multiple paragraph debriefing on bloodborne culminating with their screenshot of the platinum trophy popping on queen yharnam

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

beep by grandpa posted:

I hope we have a good “The Bloodborne Cycle” type graphic ready in a couple years when Waltzing Along posts a multiple paragraph debriefing on bloodborne culminating with their screenshot of the platinum trophy popping on queen yharnam

:sickos:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

End of Zoe is hilarious and cathartic. It's so fun just removing all the horror and playing this old man who is the incredible hulk.

Within the first 20 mins you get into a fist-fight with Swamp Thing. This is amazing.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

Veeg is fighting Genichiro

I repeat

VEEG IS FIGHTING GENICHIRO

This is one of the best posts/edited quotes I've ever seen.

:kiss:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I totally agree. I was still chuckling about it hours later

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Does anyone have experience with the Floating Grip wallmount systems?

Looks pretty slick on paper, but I wonder if there are any drawbacks, like
the elastic string getting brittle after long exposure to ambient heat from the console and just breaking/snapping.

Like someone put it in the comments section of this video:

quote:

hell noni wont trust a 400$ system on a 1$ string

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GvV39WIAic

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm sad that this goofy edit didn't come back for Miles Morales.

https://i.imgur.com/dYdW8kU.mp4

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

mcbexx posted:

the elastic string getting brittle after long exposure to ambient heat from the console and just breaking/snapping.

Aside from just not trusting it to a string, your PS4's got a platter drive in it that would really prefer if it was stationary. I can't help but wonder if hanging loose like that would introduce at least a little extra vibration into the machine from the fans and drive spinning. Nothing that'll fail right away, but more long-term life of the drive might be a bit dodgy compared to placing it on a flat surface.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

RareAcumen posted:

Spiderman doesn't kill, he destroys lives.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Aside from just not trusting it to a string, your PS4's got a platter drive in it that would really prefer if it was stationary. I can't help but wonder if hanging loose like that would introduce at least a little extra vibration into the machine from the fans and drive spinning. Nothing that'll fail right away, but more long-term life of the drive might be a bit dodgy compared to placing it on a flat surface.

My PS4 has a SSD and I wouldn't trust that either. I would be terrified all the time if I tried that thing.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:magical:

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

mcbexx posted:

Ok this is epic

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Please NSFW tag that video.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

:stonklol:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm the dirty wall.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That looks like absolute dogshit

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Lmao, same but mounted on a piece of nylon string hanging from the picture rail on my lath/plaster walls

E slowly twisting in the wind like the dream catcher hung from my window

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I super glued my power cable in and have the console swinging from a blade of my ceiling fan

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I hang my ps4 out of my high rise window because that fucker gets loud and hot

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I have my console suspended from a rope over a pool full of piranhas

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I keep it in my backpack so I'm never without gaming

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i wanna see a ps5 strung up like that

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Load bearing drywall ps5

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

don't put loads in your PS5

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
I mean if you really really like it...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm the dirty wall.

I'm the intricate finger-dance needed to wrap your controller to the wall, something you will surely do more than once and not get tired off after the first attempt!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Lol amazing

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I’ve seen metal wall mount brackets that seem cool but yeah, no thank you on that

Wall mounting looks clean, until you add all your accessories and cables

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I’ve seen metal wall mount brackets that seem cool but yeah, no thank you on that

Wall mounting looks clean, until you add all your accessories and cables

I think it's implying a bunch of in-wall wiring and as a former cable guy, either do not ever loving do that, ever, or don't call the cable guy when it inevitably becomes hosed

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Gonna wall mount my ps5 baby!!!!! https://youtu.be/HRrAGGuuQt8

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Few years ago we mounted our 60" HDTV to the wall on one of those diamond-shaped movable arms. I had done some weight tests after installing the arm and was well under the rated weight, but that moment where I told my wife to step back and slowwwwwly shifted TV's weight from my arms fully onto the mount as it settled into place was terrifying. Have not yet considered getting a system of smaller swiveling arms/platters for consoles and controllers though.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm forklift certified and I'll just use it to put my PS5 up high so it has nice airflow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

cheeseboy58 posted:

Gonna wall mount my ps5 baby!!!!! https://youtu.be/HRrAGGuuQt8

well. there it is. lmao.