Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Owning myself to own the libs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/cabel/status/1076185757390319617

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
Awful Kickstarters Vol II: I will accept you apology, do you have the guts.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

I'll never stop being amazed at how much vets fall over themselves to kiss up to the politicians who give the least fucks about them beyond their use as a tool for further self enrichment.

Racism and Fascism is a hell of a drug, I guess.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'll never stop being amazed at how much vets fall over themselves to kiss up to the politicians who give the least fucks about them beyond their use as a tool for further self enrichment.

Bootlickers gonna lick boots.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'll never stop being amazed at how people perpetuate a system that ensures only the most desperate and ignorant people from the poorest regions of the country enlist in the army out of sheer necessity straight out of high school and then click their tongues and shake their heads about how unenlightened the 30 year old man who has no idea how to function without Daddy telling him when to wake up and giving him free housing is.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I mean to be fair I don't believe the people in this thread are responsible for that.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I actually am responsible for that. But also I don’t think you’re going to have anyone defending The Wall in the awful kickstarters thread, or on Something Awful in general. On that topic, it seems like the repeating names on the GoFundMe feed were a result of poor coding rather than blatant fraud.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Prop Wash posted:

I actually am responsible for that. But also I don’t think you’re going to have anyone defending The Wall in the awful kickstarters thread, or on Something Awful in general.

https://i.imgur.com/LYKV39Q.mp4

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1076888580067332096

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

LOL get educated you innumerate racist morons.

Owlbear Camus posted:

If one thing comes from it I hope a few reactionaries get some nascent class consciousness as they see a real time example of how much insane wealth a billion dollars represents as they pour million after million into this and barely move the needle.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

This isn't even the first time someone has ran that scam, is it?

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lovesync/lovesync-kickstart-your-love-life/description

loving lol, if you're too scared to try to seduce your own partner you don't deserve to gently caress in the first place

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

*hammers the button constantly like a rat in an intermittent reward study.*

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I have literally no idea how this is anonymous when there's only two of them and you're in the same bed.

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."
Maybe the idea is that you can still hit the button if you're forgotten (or awkwardly never learned) your significant other's name. Keep that charade going, thanks to technology!

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I sure hope those buttons start playing Marvin Gaye's Let's Get It On immediately after the second person pushes their button.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Finally a way that lets me communicate less with my partner.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

This is it fellas. The best chart on the internet.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Waffleman_ posted:

I have literally no idea how this is anonymous when there's only two of them and you're in the same bed.

It's "anonymous" in that you tap the button and it doesn't give any indication to the other person that you're in the mood unless they also tap their button.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Finally a product for the "mmnnngeh?" in all of us. That centre square is bone city, population you and your significant other you aren't sure how to arouse anymore.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

No sex here indeed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nemo2342 posted:

It's "anonymous" in that you tap the button and it doesn't give any indication to the other person that you're in the mood unless they also tap their button.

Okay, that makes much more sense.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I need lovesync to make a commercial for it using NSYNC. Not for my sake, but for the sake of people teaching undergraduate media studies/gender studies/sociology courses everywhere.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
The lovesync should be tagged as a movie playing device, because I've never seen a clearer case of projection.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

That's an awful chart even when judged solely by the merits of chartsmanship

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

*heads into the bedroom, but only with a mediocre amount of desire*

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I assumed as I was reading the blurb that it was going to be some kind of hookup button that would find Singles In Your Area who want to gently caress. Honestly it would've been more useful and believably helpful to the world if it was.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nemo2342 posted:

Oh okay so it's just passive-aggressive.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

muscles like this! posted:

Okay, that makes much more sense.

Not really because “anonymous” is “without name”.

This is just “unobtrusive”.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh okay so it's just passive-aggressive.

*glares across the room at their SO, audibly smacking the button every five minutes*

There is literally no relationship this will help

gently caress, just make it a goddamned app if you have to make it, it'd be so much simpler

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Somfin posted:

*glares across the room at their SO, audibly smacking the button every five minutes*

gently caress, just make it a goddamned app if you have to make it, it'd be so much simpler

I would argue that it would make a fair few worse.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Imagine one in the couple buying it and trying to convince their SO to use it lmao

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It'd be cheaper and more effective to just get one of those hotel front desk bells and ring it.

Please ring for coochie.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Somfin posted:

I'll have you know it helped the inventors' immensely, as per their video.

Ryan Cmich posted:

One night I was laying in bed, and I found myself thinking, there's a good chance that she's stressed about work, tired, and not just... interested in having a little fun. But I couldn't help but think, maybe I'm wrong, and maybe she was thinking the same thing that I was. We could be missing out!

[...]

I couldn't help but think that there had to be a solution to this age-old problem.

there HAS to be.

think Ryan, think

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I'll have you know it helped the inventors' immensely, as per their video.

there HAS to be.

think Ryan, think

... That's when my favourite words came to mind. "Proprietary hardware with steel housing and a grippy urethane gel pad."

Somfin has a new favorite as of 05:37 on Feb 12, 2019

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Platystemon posted:

Not really because “anonymous” is “without name”.

This is just “unobtrusive”.

Yeah, that's probably a better word for it. They're clearly trying to solve the issue of "I want a way to let my partner know I'm horny, but I don't want them to feel guilty if they're not" but they're going about it in a really weird and awkward way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Instead of a button it should be a thumbprint sensor, and if you're on a sex offender list it calls the police instead. Or at least plays a loud siren.