Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

feelix posted:

While being under the sled does feel bad rear end, the best part of the hammer strength linear 45* leg press is that I can just barely touch the stop at the lowest setting while maintaining good form. This means that I have huge, standardized ROM, and that I can go to true failure if I wish because getting stapled is completely safe.

Yeah that’s a nice feature if you fit into it just right. I can’t get full rom without the weight resting so it’s annoying. But I’m lifting more than the machine’s max load anyway.

I also noticed that my machine must be overdue for maintenance or something because it feels a hell of a lot heavier than the sled. Like, a ridiculous difference. I had 250 on the machine feel close to impossible but then did 380 on the sled no problem (hence my original post).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Also I like that with that super deep ROM the weight is so relatively light that I can lock out and take a little resty rest and not feel like I'm gonna be the guy in the famous video

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Mustached Demon posted:

May your get ups be Turkish, friend.

Whenever I remember to do my getups, it makes my shoulders feel bulletproof. Good stuff.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Old dude ego “lifting” 90lbs on the ez curl bar (so maybe 110-115lb total) doing one inch ROM today.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I slept 12 hours last night, and then still had a 3 hour nap this afternoon, and when I woke up at 5 I took pre-workout and had my best lifting session in months. 15 hours of sleep owns I wish I could make that happen more often.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Back up to 335lb 1RM Squat at 150lb body weight. Working out during the second half of last year was super inconsistent and I could feel myself losing strength. Now I gotta push past that. 405 is the next big goal, with 365 as a midpoint.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

How about we split the difference and do single-leg hip thrusts with a heavy dumbbell instead of a barbell?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Does TGU work glutes? I just assume it does, all good exercises do.

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

Turkish get-up with a barbell is pretty fun, feels old-timey.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Put down the kettlebell and pick up the large triangular weight instead.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Batterypowered7 posted:

How about we split the difference and do single-leg hip thrusts with a heavy dumbbell instead of a barbell?

I didn't know single leg hip thrusts were a thing. Do people ever use two dumbbells to do hip thrusts?

I started doing split snatches but it seems pointless comparatively to snatches and turkies.

My gym has the smaller barbells that aren't adjustable and they've been great for pushing on the turkies. The grip works differently especially in the wrist with how rigid the bar is vs a soft and buttery kettlebell handle.

I've also been doing a lot of double snatches and cleans with 53lbers. I think asymmetrical with a 70lber is pretty much the best of all worlds. In the past I made the mistake of incorporating heavy halos in every workout and it was killing my elbows. Now I use a bumper plate to warm up my shoulders instead. Overall my joints feel like they are in great shape at the moment.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

bomb posted:

I didn't know single leg hip thrusts were a thing. Do people ever use two dumbbells to do hip thrusts?

I've only ever used one for the single leg variety and the barbell for the standard ones.

After this last program I was able to get my squat and bench back up to my previous best, but my deadlift is down ~20lb. Going to start the first program I did (that got me to those numbers originally) and hope I don't have infinite interruptions like I did for the entire second half of last year.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Time to get back to the gym

https://i.imgur.com/zFuXGgt.mp4

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Now you've done it.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Batterypowered7 posted:

Now you've done it.

Surreptitiously filming people at the gym to make fun of ridiculous workouts: bad

Editing together videos that people themselves posted of their ridiculous workouts: funny.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I didn't make that video obviously but it seems to be clearly made from influencer clips so :shrug:

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

LanceHunter posted:

Surreptitiously filming people at the gym to make fun of ridiculous workouts: bad

Editing together videos that people themselves posted of their ridiculous workouts: funny.

Yep. Batterypowered7 still doesn't understand the concept of privacy and basic human decency

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

feelix posted:

Yep. Batterypowered7 still doesn't understand the concept of privacy and basic human decency

I don't think you get to take the moral highground after wishing literal death on someone, but go off I guess.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

Batterypowered7 posted:

I don't think you get to take the moral highground after wishing literal death on someone, but go off I guess.

The world would be a better place if most people were dead myself included

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

feelix posted:

The world would be a better place if most people were dead myself included

For the love of all that is good, please work this out in therapy and not in this thread.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

LanceHunter posted:

For the love of all that is good, please work this out in therapy and not in this thread.

Broke: Working out your muscles.
Woke: Working out your issues in therapy.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
What about a therapist that works out with you and helps your brain along with your bench

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Bench helps your brain.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Currently seeing a sports therapist now due to my overhead press ama

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

B-Rock452 posted:

Currently seeing a sports therapist now due to my overhead press ama

So was it your father or your mother that caused your OHP trauma?

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Are you an anal-retentive or anal-repulsive squatter?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Booties posted:

Which is it when you fart at the bottom of a squat and use the propulsion to get out of the hole?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Batterypowered7 posted:

Which is it when you fart at the bottom of a squat and use the propulsion to get out of the hole?

That's called the afterburner.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.

Booties posted:

If you squat heavy enough you can be anal-prolapsive!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

my psychiatrist prescribed me a Y membership :unsmith:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

nooneofconsequence posted:

my psychiatrist prescribed me a Y membership :unsmith:

Yttrium must be mad expensive, though.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Almost shot myself on the leg press last night. Started thinking about this thread and had to walk away. Too scared.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Booties posted:

Almost shot myself on the leg press last night. Started thinking about this thread and had to walk away. Too scared.

Why are you taking a gun to the gym?

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

Batterypowered7 posted:

Why are you taking a gun to the gym?

I always bring two.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

VorpalFish posted:

I always bring two.

I almost got sent to jail for animal abuse... FOR HAVING TWO SICK PYTHONS.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
No guys. I poo poo myself. Poopie.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

You said almost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booties
Apr 4, 2006