Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Lonely Virgil posted:

I thought betas were the ally cucks of feminism, if I'm remembering my internet social theories right.

All the old Redpill type lingo got subsumed into the general alt-right community and none of it has any meaning anymore.

As for the guy, the best thing he can do is consider whether or not he is actually sorry or feels like he was wrong. If so, check to make sure the apology he sent was an actual apology rather than a dumb "sorry your feelings got hurt by the truth" bullshit. If it was a good apology, just wait. Don't demand an apology be accepted. If it goes on for a while without a response (week or two) try another one and then don't think about it again. This is the being a dumb piece of poo poo tax he will have to pay. If the apology was bad, write a new more sincerely apologetic one that includes an apology for the lovely original apology and go back to waiting.

slouch fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Feb 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Can someone repost the Pete story

Spooooon!!!
Apr 4, 2013

corn on the cop posted:

He wants to watch me step on things like eggs and ground beef (Such a waste of food!!)

Every time I read this thread things like this make me feel a better about the unholy things my SO and I do to each other in the bedroom. Good lord.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Open the relationship to a woman who enjoys foot worship. Nothing bad can come of this.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
She should redirect him on to a more normal kink, such as incest or taxidermy

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My mom told me when she was younger that an art professor paid her to be a "foot model" but that all he did was take pictures of her feet and never draw them. I was like... .... .... .... oh... how... interesting....

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Are there women with feet fetishes cause I feel like I've never heard of them.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

You know, usually foot fetish doesn't really get to me -- as fetishes go, it's about as vanilla as it gets -- but I'm thinking about this "step on eggs, baby!!" guy and it's really repulsive. Grocery crush? Seriously?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

Are there women with feet fetishes cause I feel like I've never heard of them.

Women tend to be circumspect about revealing their fetishes, because they can often be impossible or just somewhat gauche. Like, for example, if you've ever wanted to take your boyfriend, who you adore, and blindfold him, and tie his arms behind his back, and cut off his clothes with scissors, and then kick him back onto the bed, and hit him any time he tries to get up while he makes a soft whimpering, whining noise, and then turn him over and jab your fingers into the space between his ribs and tell him that it's pointless to cry, you've heard it all before, and then grab his balls and start jacking him off while he weeps silently into his pillow as you periodically twist his ears and call him weak then you might just never bother mentioning it because you get a sense he might not be into it as much as you are. And ultimately relationships are about mutuality and caring.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lady I know was using some of those apps that let you do odd jobs remotely for small amounts of money. She said easily 1/3 of all the jobs were foot related. The worst was she was doing some basic excel work stuff for a guy for like a month for a couple of hundred and at the end was like, thanks it all went great really helped and for double what I paid you for this send me a photo of your feet in high heels.

Another gal just went all in on the foot money. Quote, "Its not like they have my face or real name"

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

Women tend to be circumspect about revealing their fetishes, because they can often be impossible or just somewhat gauche. Like, for example, if you've ever wanted to take your boyfriend, who you adore, and blindfold him, and tie his arms behind his back, and cut off his clothes with scissors, and then kick him back onto the bed, and hit him any time he tries to get up while he makes a soft whimpering, whining noise, and then turn him over and jab your fingers into the space between his ribs and tell him that it's pointless to cry, you've heard it all before, and then grab his balls and start jacking him off while he weeps silently into his pillow as you periodically twist his ears and call him weak then you might just never bother mentioning it because you get a sense he might not be into it as much as you are. And ultimately relationships are about mutuality and caring.

pm me

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Perhaps I would feel differently I actually was a woman but if I was a woman, I'd totally send people pictures of my feet for money.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Kinda glad dudes are so overly open with their fetishes, makes avoiding the creeps a lot easier

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Pick posted:

:yeah:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

berth ell pup, as reimagined by Quentin Tarantino

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

My gf [24 F] of 3 months never cuddles with me [27 M] since she has always been a "non-cuddler" and when we recently went on vacation she slept on the spare bed in the hotel room to avoid sleeping with me.

quote:

Alright so here it goes! Sorry for the poo poo title by the way!

My gf let's call her "Francesca" and I have been dating for an amazing three months so far and she is absolutely amazing and caring and loving to me. She has only ever had one boyfriend before me and she is my first post-high school girlfriend.

It's only been a few months and my gf sadly always finds a reason to not cuddle or even lay together for a long period of time when I try to. This really sucks because I've always been a huge cuddler and I guess I've just tried to overlook it when dating her. But it's hard. When I'd ask if we can cuddle it's always "i really don't like cuddles they make me uncomfortable". When I'd ask why she feels this way she always avoids the question. For my birthday, I asked her if she could try to cuddle with me just once as a birthday gift and she got really emotional and said it would make her really uncomfortable so I felt bad and haven't asked her again. Honestly if I ask again it's gonna make her sad and it makes me upset seeing her like that. I talked to my friend about this, he said that she might be scared that id try to make a move on her (sex) and I mentioned that early on in the relationship since me and Francesca are both virgins we've decided that we want to wait for the "right moment" before having sex which we both agreed should be at least 6 months in.

I'm not sure what to do and hopefully I'm not overreacting too much but it bugs me to not be able to cuddle with my favourite girl. Sometimes she rejects holding hands too which also sucks. She will hold my hand for a minute or so and then let go. I've talked about this with her too and she said it makes her feel bad when I make her feel like she's not good enough because she doesn't cuddle and hold my hand.

Since I've typed too much already I'll keep the remainder of this short. Recently, she's been wanting to visit "Hawaii" for a long time so I surprised her with a weekend vacation there. When we got to the hotel she insisted on sleeping in the spare bed. she wasn't upset with me or anything and just decided she wanted to sleep alone. It hurt, but I shouldn't have expected much anyways considering the lack of cuddles. (We've never slept with each other anyways since we live in different houses so this was the first time I've ever attempted to sleep with her).

Again, she is an awesome person who's loving in every way possible except cuddles. I have questioned my BO but I don't believe it's that considering she likes spending time with me otherwise. I never knew someone would hate cuddles but she's the one and I'm not sure what to do :( thanks in advance y'all!

Tldr; gf never wants to cuddle and didn't want to sleep with me at our vacation hotel :(

Update:

quote:

This is an update post! this is probably the quickest update ever but it's such a happy update that I just want to share with everyone :)

So I read a lot of the advice and decided that I was going to talk to her about a possible break up. I know this makes me sound like a poo poo person but honestly I'm just a very touchy guy and express my affection by touching and being touched. Not being able to cuddle or hold hands or sleep next to my girlfriend was not going to work out for me and just felt like a constant tease you'd get from a long distance relationship where you'd think about holding and cuddling your gal or guy but just don't end up doing it. Honestly it was not gonna work out.

I brought my gf to my house after telling her we had to chat. I started by telling her that I'm really sorry and like her very much but I don't think things will work out with our different cuddling preferences. She started crying and said she didn't want me to be turned off by this but she actually loves cuddling but has a "sweating disorder" and when she cuddles she gets super sweaty like I'm talking hella sweaty. She said her ex boyfriend dumped her because of her sweating and she said that's why she didn't want to cuddle with me. She said the same thing happens when she holds hands and she gets super sweaty. She said she was afraid cuddling with me would make me leave her like with her ex in the past.

I felt bad that I've been giving her so much poo poo about it and it was like an insecurity she had and I told her that I don't really care if she sweats on me its all good. She laughed and said "no I actually sweat buckets" and I told her "can you sweat buckets on me?" :P she thought about it and then she said "okay but don't break up with me over it if I sweat too much!" In a joking voice.

She layed beside me and we cuddled and it felt so loving good to finally feel that with her. She actually managed to sweat so much that my shirt was pretty wet and the bed sheet was soaked and I told her that I found it pretty cool. She said that she is so happy that someone appreciates cuddles and doesn't mind the sweating and I was just so happy we were finally cuddling. I told her I didn't mind getting soaked cuddling and said "at least now we can have kisses in the rain in bed" and she couldn't stop laughing. She asked if we could hold hands in bed to show me how sweaty her hands get and again my hands were wet as hell which I didn't mind. She said "if you ever need to wash your hands and there's no sink available just hold my hands!" Which was really cute.

It's been an amazing day and I'm just really happy things worked out. I told her that if she felt like things her ex said to her were hurting her and still making her feel insecure she should really consider maybe seeing a therapist to help her feel more comfortable. She agreed and said that the fact that I like her sweating lifted a burden off her shoulders since she loves cuddles. Hopefully all goes well!

Tldr; she is an excessive sweater that's all :P

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Like tears in the rain. Time to break up.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Harlot.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

You know what? That is an excessive sweater.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Ho-lee gently caress. I was pretty sure this wasn't an actual product and it was a goofy photoshop but people buy these things.

Fascinating.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

WampaLord posted:

You know what? That is an excessive sweater.

this guy got it

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

I [31 M] let myself into the apartment next to my girlfriends [34 F] to prevent a fire. She is mad I filed a police report about it.Relationships

submitted 2 years ago * by GoodSamaritanBAndE

Final Update Here: http://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/2v9bu1/update_i_31_m_let_myself_into_the_apartment_next/

This weekend I was staying over at my girlfriends apartment. It is a single house split into 2 apartments. Around 8 am I smelled bacon and went downstairs to see if she was cooking some. She had just bought a 1/4 pig from a local farmer so I was really hoping this was some of the bacon. Sadly it wasn't and must have been the adjoining apartment next door.

About 11:00 we hear an alarm going off next door and don't think much of it. The neighbor [20's M] is always around odd hours and staying up late so my girlfriend and I just thought it was just him sleeping through his alarm clock. Shortly after this I got up to do some laundry and smelled smoke. I realize the alarm is not an alarm clock but the smoke detector going off for the last 5-10 minutes.

I immediately ran around the house to the side door leading to the other apartment to see if I could get in. Through the window I could see smoke and also someone in the other room passed out on the couch. I tried banging on the door to wake the neighbor but he didn't budge. I am a locksmith and had my picks on me so I tried picking the door but could not get it quick so I ran to the front door and thankfully it was unlocked. I walked inside, ignored the neighbor on the couch and followed the smoke. Turns out the bacon I had smelled at 8 am along with a giant omelet were both on the stove, 3 hours later burning. I turned off both burners took care of the burnt food and then went to check on the neighbor.

The neighbor was out. It was clear this was either alcohol or drug related but he was otherwise ok. I let him be and went back to my girlfriends apartment. The neighbor woke up 15 mins later and we could here him moving around just fine. He never came over to say thank you...

The part where this gets messy since I am a locksmith I know what I just did could be considered breaking and entering/trespassing. I am pretty sure this would be covered by good samaritan laws but I wanted to avoid having it become a problem. It would be very hard to keep my job as a locksmith if I had either of those charges on my record. Later that day I left my girlfriends and filed a police report to cover my rear end, just in case.

Last night I was at the brewery with my girlfriend and she had planned drive us back to her place where my vehicle was. I had been drinking enough where I was not going to drive. I told her about filing the police report and she immediately got visibly upset and left the brewery without me shortly after. I ended up having to take a cab home and one back to my vehicle at her place this morning.

My girlfriend is now telling me we need to "have a talk tonight" and is otherwise giving me the cold shoulder. I can only assume she is upset that I filed the police report and the neighbor or landlord might get upset.

My question is how can I talk to her to help her understand what I did was to protect myself and my lively hood? Also if anyone can help me understand why she is so upset about this I would really appreciate it.

TL;DR Passed out neighbor almost burns down house with breakfast. I file a police report to cover my rear end for going into neighbors apartment. Girlfiend is pissed at me and says "we need to talk".

Update: Wow. So we just broke up. We talked for about 15 minute on the phone and she accused me of not taking her feelings into account. Since someone asked we started dating off and on last summer and finally became a couple at thanksgiving.

Here is the bombshell, I mentioned might be coming in the comments. We are scheduled to leave on an already paid for vacation to the Caribbean for a week together in just over 2 weeks. We talked briefly about it on the phone and decided it would be best if we gave each other some time and didn't talk about it just yet.

This is where I would love some help and feedback. The relationship may not be repairable at this point but I still think she is an amazing girl and I want to see how much damage control I can do to prevent this from being worse for either of us than it needs to be.

Morning after update: After some social lubricant and talking to a lot of random people on here and at the brewery last night I have come to a conclusion. Even if there was more going on like many people have surmised the relationship is over. There is no point in me holding on to it and letting it get me down. Today is a new day, I am going to make it a good one and not look back.

I know there are going to be issues with the vacation but I will handle those as they come. I will make sure to update you all and ask for advice when I need some. Today I need some clarity and to be away from the subject so don't expect a lot of updates today but I will try to stop in from time to time.

I also have to say thank you all for everything you have said. There are so many of you that helped me find a piece of mind that I otherwise would have had much more trouble with. A special thanks to the people at the brewery last night who without knowing it or not really helped me through this.

A bit later update: So I'm sitting here with a close friend and he tells me since thanksgiving he could tell things weren't the same. This is the same person who told me she makes me a better person and was a big part of why I dated her. I really do feel like I was blind to what was really going on and not truly believe this eas eother an excuse or the start that broke the camels back kind of situation.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Never talk to the police.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
If you follow the update it sounds like she was just looking for a random excuse to break up with him and get back with her ex, in this case the excuse makes no sense at all but the results the same.

Stone cold tho she paid for the tickets for their vacation and he reimbursed her for his half, she straight up cancels his ticket and is going on the vacation with her ex lol.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

After I (29f) told my fiance's (32m) family that we are not having children, they decided they aren't coming to the wedding.Non-Romantic

submitted 1 year ago by diaboliquen

Rick and I have been together for seven years, and are finally in the position where we can get married and have the life we've always wanted. That life has never included children. I knew what I wanted out of my life, and as soon as I could find a doctor who would do it, I got sterilized. Rick has had a vasectomy.

His family did not know this about us until recently. It has come up in a far-off sense, but we found it fit to finally tell them that their desire for grandchildren, nieces nephews or whatever else, is unfortunately not going to happen.

It all went down at a party, like these things often times do. When hanging with Rick and his family at a cookout, someone asked us about wedding plans. We are planning a fun wedding, and it's fun to talk about the things we're doing. At some point, his sister chimed in with, "After the wedding, how long before I get to be an aunt?"

Rick and I looked at each other for a moment to confirm we wanted to do this, and we both nodded. I said, "Oh, there aren't going to be any children."

People of course didn't believe us and were saying the usual "you'll change your minds!" and "it's different when they're your own!" and "what would you even do if you didn't have kids?" We listened politely, but when people were done, we made it very clear, once again, that this was a joint decision and that we had made the necessary precuations. They didn't know what this meant, and as soon as I said I was sterilized, the tides turned.

Cue the "how COULD you do that?" and everything under the sun. We were called selfish and arrogant, etc etc etc. This hurt to hear from a family I've been close to since before we were together. Rick put an end to it and let everyone know that the topic of our fertility is, as of that moment, off-limits, as there is no reason to discuss it. His family accepted this and moved on, but his sister kept giving me these looks the rest of the time.

I wasn't prepared for what came in the following weeks. Phone calls, emails, texts, and FB messages from people across his family telling us that they are no longer coming to our wedding because they cannot support the choice we've made. The only people who have not declined are his mother and father. His sister has organized this whole thing because she feels personally attacked by this because she cannot have children and somehow that's my problem.

I am hurt that along with this, we have been told we can't babysit for one of the kids in the family anymore. My fiance and I are artists who have been teaching the little girl all about the world of art. She loves her time with us and we enjoy being able to instill a love of creativity in her. But according to the child's mother, she doesn't feel she can trust a woman to take care of a child if she would "remove her womanhood" or something like that.

Our wedding with an estimated 115 guests is now a wedding with 32 guests. His family was the bulk of it because I come from a small, tight-knit family and many of my friends cannot afford to fly out, etc.

I feel so sad over all of this, but especially for Rick. He's seeing a terrible side of his family that he's never seen before, and I don't know what to do to help it feel better.

tl;dr: After making it clear that we are not having any children, my fiance's family have all pulled out of the wedding and are not supporting our marriage. I need to know if I should do anything or say anything to anyone about this. I am broken-hearted over it, and so is he.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

oof

there is so much social pressure in some families to have kids. what a horrible story.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mirthless posted:

oof

there is so much social pressure in some families to have kids. what a horrible story.

well rest assured you will never feel that here, mirthless

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

My [26 M] Girlfriend [23 F] of 6 months wants us to get face tattoos of each other's names. I think it's a bad ideaDating

submitted 21 days ago * by facetattoosbad

I met Julie through friends about 8 months ago, and we hit it off pretty quick. I asked her out and she said yes, and we've bee together since then.

About 2 weeks ago, she suggested that we get tattoos together. She has a few and I have none, but I'm not opposed to getting one. I though she just wanted a new one for her collection, and someone to get it with. If this had been the case, I probably would have said yes. There's something I've wanted to get for a while but just haven't found an artist.

What she actually wanted left me speechless: She want us to get our partner's name tattooed just under our left eyes. She told me she has a friend who is willing to do it for free for us (I know this person, she is really a tattoo artist, not just some idiot who bought a machine,) but I'm still not sold. I think we're still new enough to this relationship that e're still learning about one another, and we're both young enough that this could impact our careers. On the other hand, I don't want to lose her She's been tons of fun and we get along so well. Is there any compromise here?

Edit forgot to mention hat our career goals are. I hope to work as a translator for a major retailer. She is pursuing a career as a nurse in a nursing home.

tl;dr: GF wants us to get each other's name tattooed on our faces. I'm nt sold on the idea. s there any compromise?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86URGgqONvA

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pick posted:

well rest assured you will never feel that here, mirthless

:buddy: we can all agree I should never reproduce

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

She should enjoy playing a part in ending one family's line.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

This is so drat weird to me. Who could possibly care about someone else not having kids? I try and understand the other side of things but this one has always baffled me.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

zakharov posted:

This is so drat weird to me. Who could possibly care about someone else not having kids? I try and understand the other side of things but this one has always baffled me.

I can understand wanting someone else to have kids. I want my siblings to have kids for example because I want nieces, nephews, and for my kids to grow up with cousins nearby. If they don't have kids, big loving deal.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

I can understand wanting someone else to have kids. I want my siblings to have kids for example because I want nieces, nephews, and for my kids to grow up with cousins nearby. If they don't have kids, big loving deal.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

And I can see every day if this guys career already. "Hey man, how do you translate "stupid idiot who got a tattoo on his face of a girl he only knew for six months"? Oh wait, cant believe I forgot, its you"

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

zakharov posted:

it depends on the person, in my experiences it's been mostly 50/50 between people feeling entitled to our kids (i need an [x] for my [y] to play with, when are you going to give me grandbabies, etc) and people feeling we were questioning their own life choices. it's something people get weirdly aggressive over, it's been consistent in my experience and we've never been preachy about our decision to not have kids, at least not in our personal/family circles.

in this case, I think he is probably from a religious upbringing and his family probably views a marriage without procreation as sinful. 3/4s of the wedding cancelling over something like this seems absolutely nuts.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

lmao he's "not sold on the idea" and wants to reach a "compromise", is there anything these dudes won't cave on for pussy

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

lmao he's "not sold on the idea" and wants to reach a "compromise", is there anything these dudes won't cave on for pussy

she's his manic pixie dream girl tho

Barudak posted:

And I can see every day if this guys career already. "Hey man, how do you translate "stupid idiot who got a tattoo on his face of a girl he only knew for six months"? Oh wait, cant believe I forgot, its you"

let's not kid ourselves, this guy will be lucky to get an opportunity translating the menu at mcdonalds after he gets a face tattoo

Khorne
May 1, 2002

zakharov posted:

If you don't have kids as the only child your family line ends with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

This feels like a Family Feud category. Some middle aged woman sweating bullets struggling to come up with the 2nd most popular answer after "told me to bathe regularly" and "thinks anime is trash" already were said.