Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Trasson posted:

All these primal fight ideas are nice, but we all know what we should really get.

Cape Westwind (Ultimate).

A garlean gauntlet could be sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Trasson posted:

All these primal fight ideas are nice, but we all know what we should really get.

Enrage at 75 seconds.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Saint Freak posted:

Enrage at 75 seconds.

He suddenly gets two Captain America shields and wipes the raid

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'd actually be super down for a Tribunus triple team fight considering how terrible it is trying to do the latter two's fights in the eight man dungeons.

Thundarr posted:

So what you're saying is that in 4.3 we'll see Unlimited Warring Triad where you get to do Soar into Tilt into Green+Orange.

Legacy didn't die for this. :negative:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 27, 2017

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Trasson posted:

Don't you even start with that, you know it's going to be parry/counterattack mechanics for DAYS.

They'll crank it from having only one of three sides be safe to one of eight sides. With no cast bar or telegraph, and the damage down will be 100%, so even flubbing once is a failure to meet the DPS check before the magitek missiles land.

And just for the hell of it, sometimes, all eight sides will be shielded, and everyone will just have to *stop*.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I want to see Nero (Extreme) which is just a hyper amped up version of his fight where every mechanic is accompanied by increasingly terrible puns.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Go for a reference fight that (kinda) happened: Containment Bay WTS0 (Ultimate)

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So uh Dragoon tryhards, are Supramax potions the way to go, or Infusions? I'm kind of leaning towards Supramax since a lot of damage is tied up in that Blood For Blood window, but 15 extra seconds of a shitload of strength seems pretty nice? It's also on a shorter CD.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Infusions are better. The longer duration definitely makes up for the slightly lower stat boost. Not just in terms of coverage, but the flexibility it gives you in when you use it.

e: also the cooldowns are the same

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Oct 27, 2017

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Thundarr posted:

So what you're saying is that in 4.3 we'll see Unlimited Warring Triad where you get to do Soar into Tilt into Green+Orange.

So would you even be DPSing or is surviving all that bullshit good enough for the win?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I want them do to ultimate 24 mans starting with labyrinth where the mechanics are just bullshiting the old pub strats. Tank the dragon in a corner and you suddenly triple the skeletons per second.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

SonicRulez posted:

So would you even be DPSing or is surviving all that bullshit good enough for the win?

You just have to survive until Shadow returns.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I want to see Nero (Extreme) which is just a hyper amped up version of his fight where every mechanic is accompanied by increasingly terrible puns.

Yoshi-P please do this.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Still not going to be satisfied until there is Ozma ultimate.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Between IX and XIV, I've had enough of Ozma for multiple lifetimes.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Yoship did reportedly say in a twitter post that Ultimate Ozma was under consideration.

In other news, Larryzaur sums up Unending Coil.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My new vote for the next Ultimate is Ultimate Praetorium, starting with Gaius and ending with a Lahabrea who is just as easy as in normal despite everything else being Ultimate difficulty

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Rhitatyn > Livia > Nero > Tribunus > Gaius > Metal Gear ULTIMA > Lahabrea sounds like it'd make a fun trial.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mordiceius posted:

Still not going to be satisfied until there is Ozma ultimate.

The party has to meet a DPS check while being chased around the ring by an orb that will explode and wipe the raid if touched.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Thundarr posted:

The party has to meet a DPS check while being chased around the ring by an orb that will explode and wipe the raid if touched.

It's an 8-man ex primal, but there are 16 npcs who may or may not execute their portion of the content correctly. If they fail, you still wipe.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
It's a normal 8man primal fight until you reach the final phase, where 2 other full parties that reached the final phase port in and you have to coordinate with them.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
They should still make it a 24 man. Except make the party have to position 21 meteors as opposed to 6.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

PhilippAchtel posted:

It's an 8-man ex primal, but there are 16 npcs who may or may not execute their portion of the content correctly. If they fail, you still wipe.

But the savage mode should be harder than normal, not easier.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

SL the Pyro posted:

Yoship did reportedly say in a twitter post that Ultimate Ozma was under consideration.

I would love for that to be a standalone 24-man.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Oh poo poo versus the entire Triad at once is probably happening in my lifetime.

The last phase is the entire Kefka tower

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

cheetah7071 posted:

My new vote for the next Ultimate is Ultimate Praetorium, starting with Gaius and ending with a Lahabrea who is just as easy as in normal despite everything else being Ultimate difficulty

Hah, always nice to hear a Lahabrea burn

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I would love for that to be a standalone 24-man.

The last time they teased us with a standalone 24 man trial, Proto Ultima happened :(

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Heavensward Primals Ultimate.

It starts with Thordan. Midway through Ravana, on the back of Bismark, crashes the party. :getin:

Bismark phases is on its back as it soars through the skies. Que someone in your raid having panicky Deathwing flashbacks.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Titan Extreme was fun at i90 (or with drops from early level 50 dungeons) or whatever. But yeah, sure, I could go for some tag team primal fights. How about a Ravana/Susano tag team wrestling match? :hawksin:

DO YOU REVEL?!?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Thyrork posted:

Heavensward Primals Ultimate.

It starts with Thordan. Midway through Ravana, on the back of Bismark, crashes the party. :getin:

Bismark phases is on its back as it soars through the skies. Que someone in your raid having panicky Deathwing flashbacks.

I hope the final phase of the last boss in 4.5 ultimate is yoship the wandering minstrel himself.
"This isn't how any of these fights happened at all!"
"You're right..."
*party wipes to BRD LB3*

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Oh poo poo versus the entire Triad at once is probably happening in my lifetime.

The last phase is the entire Kefka tower

I kind of figured that, since O4whatever was Exdeath, they were probably going to be going all-in on big Final Fantasy end bosses from here on out. Kefka, Sephiroth, Ultimecia, etc. etc.

Actually, hell, Kefka could make up an entire series of Deltascapes on his own if they want, with the demonic form, the human form, the angelic form, and then Kefka himself at the end. Were those supposed to be the Warring Triad, or whatever was left of them after being destroyed (by the party) and absorbed (by Kefka)? I don't think that was ever clarified, and it's kind of a sidenote anyways.

Also, I was thinking about swapping back to RDM when/if I do more savage, just because it has like two things to keep track of versus SMN's twenty. Though I mostly just have serious performance anxiety about doing anything where one person screwing up can waste seven other peoples' time. :smith:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I would never see it, but I would want Ultimecia to be a hell of a fight

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

The ultimate stuff is great but how long until we finally get to go to the moon, it's been teased for ages now! I wanna get some final fantasy 4 stuff happening already!

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Gloomy Rube posted:

The ultimate stuff is great but how long until we finally get to go to the moon, it's been teased for ages now! I wanna get some final fantasy 4 stuff happening already!

That'd be cool, but where have they teased that?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

jalapeno_dude posted:

That'd be cool, but where have they teased that?

The part where we literally saw the main villains talking on the moon.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It doesn't necessarily mean that there's anything on the moon to go to.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

It doesn't necessarily mean that there's anything on the moon to go to.

There's also the bit where they hint that the moon is where Zodiark is or is Zodiark itself.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

There's also the bit where they hint that the moon is where Zodiark is or is Zodiark itself.

Pretty much this. Whether Cid makes us a Blue Whale to fly us there or the Ascians decide to pull a Majora's Mask, we're going to be Punching The Moon at some point. Maybe 6.x? Gotta beat up those Garleans first after all.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

ImpAtom posted:

That's not hinted at so much as 'outright stated without any obfuscation'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I mean, they show the moon. There's nothing there except Elidibus and the WOD. I think that's just where they wanted to hang out to have a suitably ominous establishing shot.

Besides, they're nigh omnipotent interdimensional beings without a permanent corporeal form. "Being on the moon" seems like it would be a little limited for them.